[drama 2005] Resurrection/ Rebirth 부활

creidesca

I miss you and all padamers to kayana20 hahahaha, I treat Padam Padam the same as I treat Resurrection, this two rare gems deserve a space in my laptop hehehehe, so I could rewatch it anytime I want :lol: :lol:

Wooow you already summarize the ending of Resurrection...I'm 100% agree with your ending summarize...two thumbs up for you..

Ha eun has to learn how to forgive himself before he return to Eun Ha, his lighthouse, yup for me Eun Ha is always Ha Eun's lighthouse all this time since the first time they met..

This drama using a lot of metaphor...one of them is lighthouse...do you know when I search the meaning of LIGHTHOUSE from wiki, here's what I got ....

"A lighthouse is a tower, building, or other type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses or, in older times, from a fire, and used as an aid to navigation for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways.

Lighthouses mark dangerous coastlines, hazardous shoals, reefs, safe entries to harbors, and can also assist in aerial navigation."

Even though Eun Ha looks fragile, but all this time she's been a strong lighthouse for Ha Eun, who direct him to the right path, since their childhood because Ha Eun got amnesia and when he recollect his memories and took the wrong way to revenge for his dad and brother's dead....so I have the same believe with you that in the end Ha Eun will always searching for the light who is guiding him and take him to the save shore, return to Eun Ha's embrace :wub: ....hehehehe I make this serious drama sounds cheesy.. :lol:

Good inheritance is not my cup of tea..even though HJM was there as the lead...Cain and Abel is good drama, hmmm maybe you could try HJM's old drama Good Person 좋은 사람 (2003), she act along with Shin Han Kyun (doctor from the Brain :) ), but since it was old drama I dont know if you could find it to watch streaming...here's the link to read the summary : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Good_Person

I'm eyeing Rooftop Prince (because HJM's there) and Dummy mother now...hope this two dramas turns good :)

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kayana20

I miss you and all padamers to kayana20 hahahaha, I treat Padam Padam the same as I treat Resurrection, this two rare gems deserve a space in my laptop hehehehe, so I could rewatch it anytime I want :lol: :lol:

Wooow you already summarize the ending of Resurrection...I'm 100% agree with your ending summarize...two thumbs up for you..

Ha eun has to learn how to forgive himself before he return to Eun Ha, his lighthouse, yup for me Eun Ha is always Ha Eun's lighthouse all this time since the first time they met..

This drama using a lot of metaphor...one of them is lighthouse...do you know when I search the meaning of LIGHTHOUSE from wiki, here's what I got ....

"A lighthouse is a tower, building, or other type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses or, in older times, from a fire, and used as an aid to navigation for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways.

Lighthouses mark dangerous coastlines, hazardous shoals, reefs, safe entries to harbors, and can also assist in aerial navigation."

Even though Eun Ha looks fragile, but all this time she's been a strong lighthouse for Ha Eun, who direct him to the right path, since their childhood because Ha Eun got amnesia and when he recollect his memories and took the wrong way to revenge for his dad and brother's dead....so I have the same believe with you that in the end Ha Eun will always searching for the light who is guiding him and take him to the save shore, return to Eun Ha's embrace :wub: ....hehehehe I make this serious drama sounds cheesy.. :lol:

Good inheritance is not my cup of tea..even though HJM was there as the lead...Cain and Abel is good drama, hmmm maybe you could try HJM's old drama Good Person 좋은 사람 (2003), she act along with Shin Han Kyun (doctor from the Brain :) ), but since it was old drama I dont know if you could find it to watch streaming...here's the link to read the summary : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Good_Person

I'm eyeing Rooftop Prince (because HJM's there) and Dummy mother now...hope this two dramas turns good :)

Yay thank you I learned from so many of you to understand the endings better even though I hate some of them at first.This drama could never be cheesy even when they were romantic it was so serious and loving.Eun ha was the strongest female in the drama to me she understand what ha Eun had to do and how she had to stand aside and let him understand what living for Revenge would do to him. It's mainly because of the way they ruined his whole life and killed his brother that she even let him continue the lie. Yes I was looking at the rocks and thinking he is walking to the Lighthouse now yay. He will get a surprise when he gets there. Eun Ha! OOh yes Good person sounds good and yes I love SHK who seems to have so many shows trying to live up to his Brain acting. Gppd Inheritance was hilarious but dumb. The kids make that drama. Cain&Abel had me so mad Agie I started skipping what wasn't the main OTP. I could not get over how selfish the other couple was.The ending had me so happy but I wanted them married.I always want something.Yes when Padam Padam comes out I am buying it since I watch it everyday anyways. I need to rewatch Resurrection thoroughly before deciding if I need the DVD.

LOl I have a confession even if Rooftop prince is not good I will support it because I already know Han Ji Min will deliver as all her shows show us that time and time again. Now Dummy Mother is a weekend drama I am watching myself in that area. Last time I got a 1 sec happy ending and lots of angst that was uncalled for.Big hugs I need to follow you because you always have a good drama popping up. I need more drama's to watch.

• 2 months later...
Guest kayana20

watch in one setting it is so addicting and so good. I loved his love for his sister so adorable.UTW and Han Ji Min really rocked this drama and she just was the strong one in her love for him. So persistent.

this is one of the best drama I have watched ! Even though it's long time ago the story is really awesome ! So happen the 2 leads are now having their own drama at the wed-thur slot Uhm TaeWoong for Equator Man and Han JiMin for Rooftop Prince . Fans of these 2 stars , you just have to watch this drama !

• 2 months later...

great drama ...but the ending was non worthy of the drama ,sadly, it's open ending i think ... i couldn't uderstand why did he left ...or maybe he died ,i watched this because han jimin after  rooftop prince!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest chemisejaune

Just started watching this a couple of days ago; now on episode 4. I really like this show!!! My first korean drama :P

• 5 months later...

A Review By theuhmforce.wordpress.com
class="entry-title" style="font-family: Lato, sans-serif; color: rgb(25, 25, 25); display: inline; font-size: 34px; font-weight: 400;"Resurrection – Drama Review*** May21by nedenuleyn

indir
Plot

Seo Haeun is a cop who had lost his memory when he was 7 in an accident where he lost his father too. A guy took him to a man who likes gambling and has a daughter. The daughter, Eunha, and Haeun become like siblings although neither of them wants to. They are actually in love with each other. Despite Haeun, who tries to be honorable and rejects her, Eunha is brave enough to confess her love.

images (23)

A guy is killed; everyone thinks that he killed himself. Whereas Haeun, and later on his boss Gido, thinks that it’s murder. As he tries to find the murderer, his boss gets stabbed and he learns that the accident they had 20 years ago with his father wasn’t actually an accident. There was a similar case and his father, also a cop, thought it was murder. He was going to talk to a very important (key) person about the case when they had the accident.
144poster_image_416_1_5images (21)

He also has a twin brother, Shin Hyeok, who is the vice-president of a big company. One day, Haeun and Shin Heok meet and that night Shin Hyeok gets killed mistaken for Haeun. Haeun goes crazy and takes his twin’s identity and starts his revenge. But it is very hard for him since everyone has to think that it’s Haeun who died. He has to part from Eunha. But the most saddest of all, he has to leave his real identity away and because of this and his hunger of revenge, he becomes a very different person. Even he can’t understand who he is. That cheerful and happy, smiling-all-the-time Haeun went and a very sad person was born.Gido to Kang Heok: “You used to smile so brightly. You’ve lost your smile.”

revenge-blogpic

Review
images (20)
This drama is one of the best dramas that have been made. It’s great. Although it is great overall, there are some points that are actually weird. Haeun and Eunha’s relationship for example. They were brought up as siblings and when they become bf-gf they never get embarrassed or anything. It is not a normal relationship but the PD and the actors make it look actually cute and normal.

Haeun knew that the bad guys were after him so why did he leave Shin Yeok in that place alone? His mistake’ consequences were really sad.

Acting

Uhm Tae Woong

cast_img01517_20

The story of his casting
He was actually cast as the 2nd Male Lead. But the man who was going to act as Haeun changed his mind and dropped out of Resurrection. The PD was thinking about what to do and he started to see Uhm Tae Woong as Haeun in his dreams! Later on, he casted him as the lead.

WOW!!! He is one of the greatest actors in the world. His character(s), (Haeun, Shin Yeok) Kang Hyeok was one of the most complex characters I’ve seen. Uhm Tae Woong managed it so well that by just looking at his face you understand his pain, anger, hunger for revenge, and sadness. Even when he is smiling, you understand that he’s just smiling, he doesn’t feel happiness. UTW did a very fantastic job that I think he should have gotten all the awards he was nominated for. The scene where he found his brother dead and how he cried and screamed and threw himself on the floor seriously needed an Oscar. It was so real. In some movies, dramas people just cry beautifully and it’s not convincing. Come on, your brother died! But UTW seriously did it so natural that you can’t help but cry. It’s a very good thing that UTW became very popular after this drama and gained the nickname UHMFORCE which is not something that happens to everyone.

I think that it’s a very good thing that the actor changed his mind and UTW got casted because I don’t think that it would be this good if it wasn’t UTW. UHMFORCE FIGTING!!
By the way, my admiration and love for UTW doubled when I saw him in 1 Night 2 Days. He is such a dork in real life and it’s crazy how he acts so seriously.

Han Ji Min

cast_img03images (22)

She did a very great job as Eunha who lost her boyfriend and who sees her late bf’s twin who exactly looks like him every day. She remembers Haeun every time she sees Kang Hyeok(she knows him as Shin Yeok) and you can see her pain in her eyes. She is not the happy and cheerful Eunha anymore. She is not the Eunha who smiles all the time. She starts to change. She does everything slowly because she is going mad slowly. She eats slowly, she walks slowly, she talks slowly.**

Kang Shin Il

indir (1)

He is Eunha’s father and he did a very amazing job too. In the beginning he was too harsh to Haeun but after he has to leave the house, Jaeusu becomes sentitive and he starts to feel for Haeun. After Haeun dies, he starts to cry and he drinks and cries whenever he thinks about Haeun.

So Yi Hyun

images (19)517_12

Her acting was satisfying although not close to UTW’s. Her crying scene in the final episode was very touching.

Ko Joo Won

cast_img04

Poor guy! He started off pretty well but after some episodes his acting grew worse and worse. In the end he ended up with little screen time. He was the 2nd male lead but he ended up as a supporting actor.

I had written that this role was actually UTW’s; don’t get the wrong idea that his character was going to be like this. He was going to be a very big rival and enemy of Kang Hyeok’s. He was even going to get engaged to Eunha! But because of the actor’s poor acting, the writer changed the plot.

Lee Dong Kyu

indir (2)

He acted as Park Hee Su and he was very convincing. It would have been better if he was the 2nd guy. He was a very cheerful guy in the beginning and I was used to see him smiling but in the final episode, when he was crying and when he was so angry at Kang Hyeok that he stabbed him, he was great that it gave me chills. He is a very underrated actor. He should be more popular.

This is my favorite drama and the PD and the writer are great too.

f5d88d10
***I had published this post on http://www.spcnet.tv/Korean-Dramas/Resurrection-review-r2701.html#.UZtbfbV7LgU before starting this blog.

**I was a bit influenced by http://www.young-ajummah.com/2012/11/review-and-thoughts-on-resurrection.html here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This drama make me falling in love with UTW more more more... :D :D :D until now I Can't imagine How can he Act 3 different caracther (ShinHyuk, GangHyuk, and the 'new' ShinHyuk) in One drama so Perfectly... Oh.. So I rewatch this drama everyday.. And I never get Boring... The BEST drama.. ^0^

• 1 year later...

Just started to watch this series last week.  Closing to ending of the drama.  As the drama moves on, I enjoy watching the different characters especially
Seo Ha-Eun who evolved to be Yoo Shin-Hyuk : Ha-eun is simple-minded yet strong headed. When his twin brother died and having found out from his twin brother journal how he has been living with guilt because he kept the secret of big brother hiding in the car to follow their dad...that really torn Ha-Eun into pieces.  When Ha-Eun became Yoo Shin-Hyuk, he was determined to find out who destroyed his family.  Because HE/SH do not know much about SH's life... becoming SH is not easy and at any time HE being SH could be foiled and discovered.  He continued being SH despite all the hurdles he has to face... 

Jung Jin-Woo : Ah...he is persistent in chasing Eun-Ha but when she rejected him and told him off, at least he knows when to back off tho not entirely back-off.  But at least he is not forcing himself on her.  As mad as he is with his "step-mother" he does not appear hostile towards her. Just being cold.  He could have been hostile and really shun her.

Kyung Ki-Do : I think Ha-Eun actually look up to Ki-Do as a father figure, role model more than a boss in the police station.  When Ha-Eun became Shin-Hyuk...I was glad HE / SH took the initiative to help Ki-Do financially.  Ah...like how Ki-Do caught on that SH is actually HE thru the flower basket.  Smart guy indeed.  Also like how even when he knew the change of role, he kept quiet and not push too much.

Chun Kong-Myung : The detective who helps HE / SH a lot.  Hmmm...why is he munching on so much pop corn puff?  As I watch him, I worry people would recognise him because of that "big bag" of puff he is munching and not so much his face. ;)  When he knew SH is actually HE... he just kept quiet about it and only let on to Ki-Do.  owwwww... he is really a true friend of SH / HE. He's like a guardian angel watching silently out from the corner of his eyes for SH / HE.

Ahn Jae-Hoon : The faithful sincere secretary of Shin-Hyuk.  Yes...I think he knew tho not 100% positive that SH is not SH but could be the twin brother HE.  Like how he replied when SH/HE asked if he has a question / query... and how he say it is all right to wait for the answer.  

Actually this series alone has many strong characters and the actors in those role are superb.  If I am to point out all of them.. it would be far too lengthy.

Enough of those I like and marvelled over...  Now over to those I just cannot stand and so want to "dim them totally out" or rather send them to join the unfairly murdered "SH"

Seo Eun-Ha :  Yes...I really want to throw her into the gutter or lock her up for good in her lighthouse. She does not know when to stop pushing. Just has to get her way without thinking about others. Just as long as she is "happy" that is a good enough reason for her to push her way.  Many a times when she confronted SH / HE, I so wanted SH / HE to just fire her off the company.  And each time I pray that "big empty head of hers" will not jeopardise SH / HE cover.  On top of that, she does not cover or hide her feelings.  Esp the part where she saw the bracelet on Shin-Yeong wrist.  Can't she just swallow herself up for once.  She thinks only of herself in pain and sad and all the excuses she considered "loving" HE. Does she not know how her own father feels when HE is "dead". Imagine her father confessing to SH / HE how he should have treated HE better and not used all HE's savings, etc.  Hmmm...now... how come her father is not telling Eun-Ha all that and instead is telling it to a totally stranger who just happens to look like HE.  Ok... I would say...nothing new on that considering Eun-Ha's whole world is only Ha-Eun and nothing / no one else matters.  Yes..now at Ep 22...I still wish Eun-Ha to be axed off by Dong Chan.  :) :)

Lee Kang-Joo : Initially I like her until the point when she is being sneaky... sneaking up on people, eavesdropping and pushing her way around just to get what she wants. I was still able to tolerate her nonsense up to the point when she shoot her mouth out at Ki-Do at the hospital about Ganghyuk being killed / dead.  Hey...does this brain of hers not know that Ki-Do just woke from coma and still cannot handle any shock?  Just so she gets her answer...she shoots away.  And I like how Kim Soo-Chul scolded her off as to where is her brain?  Oh yes... triple points for Kim Soo-Chul.  Kang-Joo thinks saying "sorry" is enough. What if Ki-Do die from that shock?  Is "sorry" going to bring Ki-Do back?  Ok... I totally wanted to throw her into the gutter together with Seo Eun-Ha at that hospital point. Prior to that I was actually worried Dongchan may kill Kang-Joo and praying each time when she is alone...she is safe.  However, after the hospital incident, I was hoping she join the unfairly murdered SH in the grave.  Yes...now at Ep 22, I still wish Kang-Joo is axe off by Dong Chan.

For this two female characters...I want them axed as fast as possible. They are selfish only doing things that serve them not caring about others.  Ouch...double wham to them...

Now continuing on with the series and each time these two female appears and open their mouth, I auto press "mute".  

Archived