[drama 2005] Resurrection/ Rebirth 부활

creidesca

Guest gracelets

Hi all, this is a PLEAD to all fans of this drama... anyone willing to sell second-hand to me? I'm in Spore and there doesn't seem to be any DVDs with Eng Subs on sale!! (i can't read Chi. Subs) :tears: US$89.99 from dvdfromkorea.com seems rather steep a price. Many thanks!!

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARGHH. I'm so pissed about the final episode =_= I mean, I was literally going to shoot myself! :tongue2:

I mean, the stepdad just KILLS himself like a stupid coward along with assemblyman Lee and arghhhh. Yeah.

But. This is still my all-time favorite drama ^^ It made me cry like crazy the first few episodes TT_TT But yep. I recommend this drama to EVERYONE. I wish that Uhm Tae Woong would be the lead of another drama though :\

Guest bubblieri

okay so i'm nearing the end of this drama...and i'm going to miss it.

i like how gh is one step ahead of everyone....or he was!!! and i used to like gangjoo...but now she's getting annoying and on my nerves. i'm looking forward to it ending but it's becoming painful to watch and know everything that's going on...but you can't do anything to help them out because...it's a drama!!! XD i really hope everything does work out fine...i'm going to cringe and scream if ganghyuk gets discovered earlier than expected!! gangjoo is really getting on my nerves though. she's so nosy and detective jang gives in so easily to her. people don't know when to keep quiet about things or not...i'm always on the edge whenever confrontations happen in the drama and if the person will give away a secret or not!!! hahahah and i miss seeing secretary ahn who used to be featured so often XD also i wonder how it'll turn out with park heesoo...that one running scene where they were just hanging out...i wish they could be like that forever...like good guy friends...sigh but it'll probably end with the drama

:P it'll be sad if all this grief and pain between ganghyuk and eunha doesn't get fixed up...like if he gets killed or can't lead a normal life again.....ssiigghhh...so many questions about this drama...and i'm going to miss it but i want it to get resolved!!! :)

Guest The Conductor

Its a darn shame this drama didn't get the recognition that it deserved its a classic great story , great acting, one of the best dramas ever.

Guest mj07

Its a darn shame this drama didn't get the recognition that it deserved its a classic great story , great acting, one of the best dramas ever.

totally agree! which is why I keep trying to help bump this thread up so people will notice it! :D

Guest bubblieri

bubblieri: did you finish it yet? isn't it addicting??

mj07 i just finished it last night and YES it is addicting XD

everything moved by so fast when it got revealed. normally when it goes that fast in other dramas i would feel rushed...but for 부활 i would say it was needed or it fit very nicely. the truth had been hidden for so long it just needed to get out. i liked that it moved fast. but it was a sad episode...all these things happening at once. i was like freaking out when gang hyuk was leaning against the tree...i really thought he had died!!! i don't know how to say what i felt at the ending when we finally got to see gang hyuk...i would've liked to see him go back to eunha in the end...not just know that he would go back...but it made the ending more memorable. it was sad and good

:)

i completely agree!!! utw did such a good job with the expressions!!! you could totally see and feel his pain. actually i was watching all the fathers' acting and i really thought they were good too!! like gangjoo's father...how he could lie to gangjoo...and not have it be so obvious...like he would turn his head...and you could read his expression...but it wasn't so obvious...but you KNEW he was lying!! i thought he did very well :) and kang in chul....GOSH i feel like i've seen him in this role so many times but he did this one really good!!! like here i felt like he was so nice and understanding...

before i knew the truth

and i liked him!!! in beautiful days he did a good job as the really selfish and difficult father...i felt so bad for him in the middle of the drama....but yes. i really <3-ed this drama!!! great drama!!! people compare green rose and this one a lot....and i like both...i would say green rose probably had more action though??? i dunnoo...:D

by the way does anyone have the link to the kiss ng??? i can't believe they only had 2 kissing scenes...but the hugging scenes were well portrayed...hahah totally felt the emotion XD

Guest mj07

There are so many great actors and performances in this drama, it's hard to keep track of them all! Really, there was only one weak link (and we all know who it was since his scenes got cut down a lot 1/2 way through) and even that didn't ruin the story!

ARGHH. I'm so pissed about the final episode =_= I mean, I was literally going to shoot myself! :tongue2:

I mean, the stepdad just KILLS himself like a stupid coward along with assemblyman Lee and arghhhh. Yeah.

But. This is still my all-time favorite drama ^^ It made me cry like crazy the first few episodes TT_TT But yep. I recommend this drama to EVERYONE. I wish that Uhm Tae Woong would be the lead of another drama though :\

Hi, you can watch MaWang - Devil. UTW is the lead in that. Just ended, but don't know about English subs. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Guest bubblieri

mj07 who are talking about in particular??? i'm thinking secretary ahn or jinwoo...hahah i don't know secretary ahn kinda grew on me :)

and they didn't really talk about what happened with jinwoo in the end...he kind of just faded...i wonder how everyone was doing after everyone died

:P

Guest mj07

mj07 who are talking about in particular??? i'm thinking secretary ahn or jinwoo...hahah i don't know secretary ahn kinda grew on me :)

and they didn't really talk about what happened with jinwoo in the end...he kind of just faded...i wonder how everyone was doing after everyone died

:P

I was talking about Jinwoo! His role was originally meant to be bigger, but since the actor turned out to not be very good they lessened his role.

Guest bubblieri

really??? i didn't know that it was because he wasn't that good of an actor....i wil admit though that his character seeme to come out of the blue....not much development......it could have been done without him :P

• 1 month later...

I would just like to ask: when did Gangju discover that it was Ganghyeok and not Shinhyeok that she fell in love with as well as used by? Was it in the end, where she was talking with Eun Ha? Or was it sometime earlier? I really doubt that she knew it was GH sooner than that.

Really, thinking about it, though, it may have hurt Gangju that she was 'used' or prodded upon by Haeun to discover that truth (which she wanted anyway), but I really feel that in the end (despite still having feelings for Haeun with his radical change from ep12 onwards (IIRC)), that she appreciates the bond bet. Eun Ha and Ha Eun and that she really wants to befriend, if not honor the couple. I was thinking if you guys feel this way as well.

Although I really did root for Gangju, I realized that they were never meant to be. I liked how she ended up looking a little bit more somber, but still in control of herself and cognizant of the fact that it was understandable why GH did what he had to do.

I do believe that they will become close friends in the future (as if it has not been hinted already).

I sigh at the fickleness of love. What a show! :)

• 3 weeks later...

just recently finished Resurrection, and it was fantastic! (well, most of the time anyways).

i'd always heard it was an excellent drama, but i never watched it cause i don't usually watch dramatic/revenge dramas. however, after watching The Devil, i couldn't help but try this one out just to see both the similarities and differences.

Resurrection has a very unique plot that i thought was extremely clever. the fact that one twin brother was acting as the other twin is amazing to me...i admire the writers of this drama a great deal. there were, of course, aspects of Resurrection that i didn't like, but the riveting plot kept me watching and on the edge of my seat (or in my case, my bed).

Things I Liked:

- Twin Aspect: now, when i first heard about the twin, i was like, "gosh, another dramatic twin plot where the twins were raised in different homes; one good, one bad, and they go against each other." i was sooo wrong. even though Uhm Tae Woong acted as both twins, i was sooo convinced of the bond and connection btwn Shinhyeok and Ganghyeok. this only made ShinHyeok's death more devastating and tragic....tear.

- Uhm Tae Woong: now, i've known about UTW since the "My Sassy Girl" series, and he looked so misplaced in that drama. he's the opposite in this drama where i loved every scene he was in. i mean, i fast forwarded some draggy parts in this drama, but whenever he was on screen, he had my full attention. he's sooo convincing in here; he conveyed his pain, feelings, suffering, longing, and happiness so well here. props to him...one of the most talented korean actors i've seen so far. oh, and he looked really handsome in a suit, with clean-cut hair, and when he smiles. (sorry, i had to add this.) :D

- So Lee Hyun as Lee Gangju: i know people started getting annoyed w/ her near the end cause she was exceedingly noisy, but i loved her characterthroughout the entire series. her character was sooo strong, direct, and independent...this is a rarity in k-drama where actresses commonly portray weak, subservient, submissive, and sad-strickened characters. i loved the fact that she was part of the investigation and that she was more successful in unraveling the whole Seo Haeun mystery than the actual detectives. So Lee Hyun did a great job when it came to expressing her emotions. i could see that she was slowly falling for Ganghyeok and i felt sorry for her cause he loved someone else and cause she was eventually gonna find out that her father was a crook.

- Ganghyeok's secret assistant (the popcorn-eating guy): dude, i loved this guy. his character was sooo suave and laid-back. also, the fact that he was helping out Ganghyeok made me like him even more. he was also sooo cool, and he made his job/tasks seem easy by how smoothly he did them. i also loved the fact that he was caring towards Ganghyeok and Hee Su. he was one of the few who saw that the revenge plot was slowly hurting Ganghyeok...honestly, he was my favorite character in the drama. weird huh?

- The Ending: not the most perfect ending, but it was satisfactory. i really thought Ganghyeok was gonna die...i mean, when he was stabbed by Hee Su, i unexpectedly started tearing up cause i simultaneously wanted him to die and NOT die. this was one of my favorite scenes esp. when Ganghyeok attempted to wipe off any trace of Hee Su's fingerprint on the knife. i knew right there that Ganghyeok understood the pain he had cause innocent people in his vengeful attempt to get back at the murderers of his father and brother. he understood that he had to die, and i understood it too. however, he didn't die, which was fine with me as well. what i really liked was the fact that he disappeared to live by himself. i mean, i was questioning how after all his plots were succeeded would he be able to go live a normal life. but b/c he left all his love ones to go be by himself made perfect sense. ending = great.

- Music: was great....really fit the mood of the drama.

Things I Didn't Like:

- Early Death: i didn't like the fact that Shinhyeok had to die so early. i wanted more scenes of brother bonding b/c then, when Ganghyeok started his revenge, he would have a stronger reason for his actions as he had just been reunited w/ his brother and they had reformed their bond. this would've made his incentive to seek revenge more strong and agreeable. i know that Shinhyeok had to die early so that the REAL plot of the story would start, but one additional episode of these two wouldn't have hurt. also, UTW did such a great portraying these two twins, that i wanted to learn more about ShinHyeok's personality, pain, etc.

- The Romances: for the first time in a very long time, i thought the romances in Resurrection were unnecessary. i mean, they made for a good development, but i didn't care whether he ended up with Eunha or not. (although, i really thought Ganghyeok and Gangju looked really good together...they had better chemistry than Eunha and Ganghyeok together. sorry avid fans.) yes, Ganghyeok's longing looks whenever he saw Eunha was a way for us to see how much he was suffering, but i just didn't care. all it did for me was wasted my watching time and dragged the series. honestly, i fast forwarded most of the Eunha-Ganghyeok scenes b/c i knew that i wouldn't learn anything new when they were together. (although, i have to comment on that nightclub dancing scene in ep. 14 (i think). that dancing scene btwn the two was quite intense.)

- Han Ji Min as Seo Eunha: ok, before i say anything, i just gotta mention that I absolutely love Han Ji Min as an actress...she incredibly talented and she was the other reason why i watched Resurrection in the first place. however, here...she did not impress me at all. i know it's not her fault that she had to act a sad-stricken female lead throughout 2/3 of the drama, but still, i expected more. i disliked her character b/c she started out strong (punching the guy who touched her inappropriately) but eventually became a weak crybaby. i mean, after Ganghyeok's supposed death, all her scenes consisted of her crying looking at the lighthouse painting, the dice, or Ganghyeok's father's badge. come on, the writers could've done more w/ her. i really think she should've had more part in the actual revenge plot...i mean, at least inform her of what he was doing. she is the MAIN lead, shoudn't she do more? was really disappointed w/ her character. Han Ji Min could've done sooo much more. what a shame. :(

- Too Many Episodes: now, i've watched The Devil and Resurrection, and they both are great expect for one thing: Resurrection lasts waaaaaaaaaay too long. it's too lengthy...unnecessarily lengthy. there were episodes where there were no plot developments at all. just the same: Eunha and Ganghyeok awkward encounters; Lee Taejun and Sangguk worrying about Dongchan, Gangju finding out more stuff that WE ALREADY knew about, the Mother becoming suspicious of her son's new outgoing personality, and the detectives finding out nothing new. i mean, the series would've ended w/ the same greatness and intrigue if the it was a couple of episodes shorter. i honestly didn't watch three episodes (18, 19, and 20). The Devil however was only 20 episodes, and yes, it did drag sometimes, but not to the extent of Resurrection.

So that's it. Resurrection was definitely memorable and had more depth than most k-dramas. there were up and downs but the ups really made up for many of the downs. loved it. and i recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it. as for my comments, they're just my opinions so don't worry about them tooo much. Props to the gifted writers and PD. i will look forward to their future works. props to the actors and actresses esp. Uhm Tae Woong and So Lee Hyun!!! :D

I just finished this drama today.

Resurrection is by far the best drama I've ever watched.

I'm hoping to purchase the director's cut when I get the chance and rewatch it.

I highly recommend it!!

btw, does anyone know what UTW's next project?

coollady6: great comments on Rebirth! I do agree with you that it was a bit too long, and the love story felt like a lot of treading water (and I preferred GangJu over EunHa as well! I can't believe HaEun wasn't conflicted at all caught between those two women!) But, love stories seem to be an obligatory part of K-dramas so I guess I can't complain TOO loudly!

btw, does anyone know what UTW's next project?

I believe he's been cast in a movie, but I can't remember the name. Something about the Korean women's handball team (maybe for the Olympics?) I saw the early posters for it online some place but now I can't remember!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AlecRuby

Dude, my mom absolutely got hooked onto this drama. She is just starting to watch it and she already cried seeing how good Uhm ajusshi is performing. She didn't really like him at first, but I was so in love with him. Then I told her to watch Resurrection and she totally said I was right, Uhm ajusshi is "HOT." Can't wait to see him another fast pacing drama.

Guys i was really confused i both a dvd on this but the title was LIFE AGAIN. I don't know if this is the Resurrection but it was Uhm Tae wong & Han Ji min. It was so sad the audio was in chinese. I just put it mute :D so that i could confuse when i heard them speak in chinese. It's funny hehehe korean speak chinese :D . I was interested when my friend told me that i was really good drama. I was now starting to watch it.

Archived