[drama 2005] Resurrection/ Rebirth 부활

creidesca

Guest wandergirl

FINALLY!!!

I was able to get a copy of this drama and I'm going to start watching it in a few hours.

I'm really excited. I printed out the first few pages of this thread, but I'm not reading it all just yet.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ds_dreamer

Just FYI... Singapore Fans...

If you are looking for Rebirth's VCDs, I saw it at Poh Kim at Century Square... Chinese Sub only :( and only VCDs...

Eh, i don't get commission, just sharing what I found as a consumer :)

Guest shred

just started watching this drama

i'm on eppy 7 and i'm afraid to check the previous pages - i don't want to be spoiled! :sweatingbullets:

question though: on the DVD - there's an audio of a lady speaking before the dvd menu comes on - what's that about? :huh:

Guest alakina

question though: on the DVD - there's an audio of a lady speaking before the dvd menu comes on - what's that about?

change the audio setting. if im not mistaken it's audio 2. make it audio 1 :D

ya, that woman's voice, I think it's an audio commentary. friend of mine got confused by it, too, dunno why the DVDs default to it!

Guest Dahee Fanel

ya, that woman's voice, I think it's an audio commentary. friend of mine got confused by it, too, dunno why the DVDs default to it!

It comes on automatically for blind people to explain what's going on, I believe.

It comes on automatically for blind people to explain what's going on, I believe.

ahhhh, I see! that makes sense, thanks!

Guest shred

oooh thank you alakina, dahee and mj07!

i bought the DVDs last year but haven't started watching til last month. to be honest, i thought i'll just sell the set - but now i think it's a keeper.

the beginning was a bit confusing for me (i was mainly confused on why ha eun's father was set up/murdered) but it all made sense to me by eppy 4 :sweatingbullets:

i didn't know that lee yeon hee was in here too.

Guest wandergirl

OHMYGAWDDD.

I'm about to finish it and I'm trying not to put the disc in my player because I don't want it to end BUT the drama is just TOO GOOD I cannot stop watching it. I'll come back later to type my thoughts properly, but seriously, this is SO GOOD. My Dad saw me watching and he was like, "Eh, what's that?" Couldn't help telling him about the plot and he seemed interested. I dunno if he's willing to watch all 24 episodes, but since it's a good story maybe he will. *crosses fingers* The only Korean movie/drama i've ever made him watch and enjoy is Taegukgi. He loved it.

^ I agree. I've been watching the DVD for quite some time (I should finish it faster but I've been busy with work) but every episode is breathtaking and I'm now on Episode 20...I'm almost done...this is an underrated drama but for me this is one of my personal faves right now...you should really convince your dad to watch this drama

OMG... hello all. i cant beleive that i didnt come across this drama before! how stupid i am... i was watching it now, thank you to crunchyroll... well... i will be back between now and then. ^_^

oh yes... I had seen Uhm tae Woong's 'macho'ness and coolness in Delightful Chun Hyang... and now seeing other side of him, the playful and a bit childish, unpatient Ha Eun (Ga Hyeok)... i fall in love with him completely... wow... such a good actor... salute!

and btw, if it's okay to ask, does anyone knows whichclubbox/site has downloadable links for Rebirth/Resurrection... can't afford DVDs/VCD for the time being... :tears:

thanks... and yeah, add me as one of the biggest fan of Resurrection! :wub:

~Far~

at first i just want to edit my previous post... but it seems like no one's visiting this thread anymore... it's quite sad actually... i finished this drama in 3 days... and i dont have much sleep because of this... even late for my compulsory design lecture... but i think it's worth it. :blush: i can't believe i didnt watch this earlier, and even it's late, i am thankful i finally able to watch it.

And to sum up what i've been watching with all my heart for past 3 days, it's been a very fascinating adventure, travelling with Ha Eun and people that surrounds him. And although what he does is not good, but he, after all, is a human. And human make mistakes. And what the 4 of the villains did to his father, his twin brother, was not good either, but i think the drama wraps out nicely, although i had read comments that the ending is quite confusing and it did not meet some people's the expectation. His way to find his own self back, it should be a very long journey. One year cannot make you forget something bad you'd done to people, although he's punishing the villains, he did drags all of the characters, his mom, Eun Ha, Shin Hyeong, Kang Ju, Jin Wu, and most importantly Hee Su.

And what Hee Su did to Ha Eun in episode 24, for me, shows that the evil won't always win. They might, but in the end, it will always come face to face with something more evil. okay, i hope i dont o too overboard...

p/s: although this is more related to Uhm tae Woong, but i found it quite funny when his character in Mawang is opposite that he has in Resurrection. Yes, he might not have the star presence (as i read somewhere, someone said this), but i think his potrayal of Ha Eun/Gang Hyeok, Shin Hyeok, and the reincarnated man is the best in Korean drama to date. And of course, the supporting cast had been helpful, but to be honest, this is Uhm Tae Woong's show all the way. Salute! :wub:

Guest shred

does anybody know the background music they play on the bar scenes for eppy 10 and 12? i checked the OST thread but the resurrection list only had the official OST in it :sweatingbullets:

for eppy 10 - it was that scene when UTW was meeting his cop friend

for eppy 12 - when he was meeting the girl (reporter)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest glassdoll

This was excellent. I should be studying for exams at the moment, but Resurrection had me at the edge of my seat after each cliffhanger and I couldn't stop myself. I HAD to continue. Initially, I was very hesitant to watch this but all the rave reviews piqued my curiousity.It's the first kdrama I've ever watched that didn't centre on romance. I like kdramas because it gives me a break from reality and I could lose myself in romantic comedies or melodramas. Although this does have romance, it's not the focus of the drama. I actually forwarded most of the romantic scenes because I didn't care too much about the couple, although they are kind of cute. I enjoyed the revenge parts much more. I have this strange love for mindgames and strategy. Uhm Tae Woong is an absolutely fantastic actor. I've only ever seen him in Delightful Girl Choon-hyang in which he was a standoffish businessman. It was amazing to see him so happy and carefree as Ha Eun. I recommend this drama to everyone! Seriously, you're missing out if you haven't watched it.

Guest snam124

i've heard from so many people how great this series is~ can anyone tell me where i can d/l or buy this series with english subs??

Well, I love this drama! It's really been a while since I got SO addicted to a drama, I practically watched everything in matter of days ^^ Just like everyone else I just can't recommend it enough :) Even my sister was intrigued by the plot, though the problem for her was that she didn't like the main character <____< (don't ask me how she couldn't... personally I really liked him)... and of course the girl Eun Ha was rather annoying ^^;;;; I liked GangJu so much better! Anyway it was one hell of a ride :) I totally didn't expect the latter twist to the story ;P

I was wondering, did this drama ever got chinese fansubbed or something? If so where can I get it? Anyone who knows the chinese title of it at least? I want to dl the whole series with chin subs so my mom can watch it... she loves this kind of drama :3 Anyone who knows?

Archived