[drama 2005] Resurrection/ Rebirth 부활

creidesca

Guest love.

this is so cool. uhm taewoong is playing both the twin roles. haha. it reminds me of lindsay lohan in PARENT TRAP. rofl<3

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finished watching it last week, what I can say that this drama is superb, that this drama had me in suspense until the last episode, no dragging moments or whatsover, this is really one underrated drama, how I wish they got higher ratings when it was aired 2 years ago, anyway, this drama is definitely on my list of favorite dramas

Guest kevjc07

I remember a long time ago there was a link to a site where this drama could be purchased. Does anyone remember what that link was? This was practically the ONE drama I thought was worth buying and they YesAsia went and had that problem where they weren't allowed to sell KBS dramas anymore because of some copyright issues. But I did notice that they listed Spring Waltz as being released on April 27th, and that is a KBS drama, so maybe they will be releasing them again soon to sell on the site. Sorry for getting side-tracked ^^;; Anyways, does anyone know where you can buy the series on DVD with good english subtitles? I don't want to look through the thread because I haven't finished watching the drama yet and everyone keeps discussing it. Hope you guys can help :)

www.dvdfromkorea.com

They have it under the title "Revenge". It's one of the best box sets I've seen, I absolutely love it!

PS glad to see so many people are finally getting around to watching this drama and discovering why so many of us have fallen for it! I really can't think of another drama I love better than this one. Romantic comedies are great when I'm in "escape mode", but there are very few with enough substance that I would watch them over and over and over the way I do "Rebirth".

ENJOY! :w00t:

Guest The Conductor

I have always wanted to watch this drama, after some of your comments I am definitely put on my watch list.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kevjc07

www.dvdfromkorea.com

They have it under the title "Revenge". It's one of the best box sets I've seen, I absolutely love it!

Hey. Thanks for the link. I was wondering if the subtitles are gramatically correct? And does it bring any extras? And if it does, are they subtitled? Thanks again for the link and I hope you can help me out with the rest of my questions.

Guest lemonginger

I have always wanted to watch this drama, after some of your comments I am definitely put on my watch list.

Hi conductor, try to get hold of this drama. it's really good. one of my favourites (which are not many). it juz kept me stuck from beginning to end. The only bit of pity is poor acting of the leading girl. I really love that character having much trust and sticking to her believe. But it'll be better if she could act....

Btw, is anyone who watched resurrection also watching the the latest mawang? having same script writer, director and main lead as resurrection. i'm so eager to watch it but i must wait for it to complete so that i can watching in one "breath". B)

Guest shred

Hey. Thanks for the link. I was wondering if the subtitles are gramatically correct? And does it bring any extras? And if it does, are they subtitled? Thanks again for the link and I hope you can help me out with the rest of my questions.

i got my Resurrection DVDs from the same e-store.

i'm still not done watching it (been too busy to veg on dramas) but the subtitles are gramatically correct.

the menus are all in korean. there are special features but they're not subbed :blush:

Btw, is anyone who watched resurrection also watching the the latest mawang? having same script writer, director and main lead as resurrection. i'm so eager to watch it but i must wait for it to complete so that i can watching in one "breath". B)

I've seen Resurrection and I'm now currently watching Mawang...you better see this drama also, I have lots of faith in the director and writer of both dramas and they never fail to impress...it is one of my current favorites also. Mawang and Resurrection have different stories to tell but I think they run on one motive, which is revenge

Guest bubblieri

i'm watching the first episode and it's really good :D got me hooked and i love the family interaction :) uhm tae woong is a good actor...just from watching him act as haeun XD i think by the end of this drama he's going to be one of my favorites XD

"Resurrection" is one of the best psychological thrillers that I have watched in a long while. In the process of watching this show, I am reminded of another intense psychological thriller entitled, "Silence of the Lambs" by Anthony Hopkins. There is not much of a correlation between "Resurrection" and "Silence of the Lambs", but somehow my mind is unconsciously drawn back to the latter show. I am not trying to compare these two shows or indicate in any way that their respective contents are alike in any way. Perhaps it could be due to the reason being that no other thriller has gripped me in the same way as the "Silence of the Lambs", until the materialization of "Resurrection".

I am quite skeptical when I first got hold of "Resurrection", though the title makes me curious about its storyline. What exactly does "Resurrection" mean? An alternative word to replace this word would be "Rebirth". There seems to be some form of revival involved in this drama. But how does the revival element comes alive in this story? In order to find out, I decide to give a shot at the show.

Watching "Resurrection" has kept me at the edge of my seat. What started out as a seemingly simple story eventually uncovered a sinister plot, which developed into something more convoluted than it seemed and finally, ending in a culmination of awe and applause.

I must comment UTW on his remarkable performance in the show. His dual-role requires him to portray the contrasting characteristics of Ha Eun / Gang Hyuk and his twin, Shin Hyuk. It is not an easy feat, but he has managed to accomplish it expertly.

Although Ha Eun / Gang Hyuk and Shin Hyuk share the same physical appearance, like two sides of the same coin, they are as different as Day and Night. Ha Eun / Gang Hyuk is friendly, jovial and expressive, while Shin Hyuk is the cool, melancholic and impassive twin. If Ha Eun / Gang Hyuk is the Day, Shin Hyuk would be the Night. Ha Eun / Gang Hyuk is just like the bright sun on a bustling day, ever-ready to embrace everyone around him into his warmth, whereas Shin Hyuk is like the tranquil moon on a quiet night, coolly observing everyone from a safe distance.

The twist in the story comes when the burning need for revenge brings about the "union" of the twins. At this time, Gang Hyuk "joins" with Shin Hyuk and becomes "one". It seems Shin Hyuk has "come to life "again" through Gang Hyuk. Due to the opposites in character, it creates a strain on Gang Hyuk, as he must adapt himself to being Shin Hyuk. As Gang Hyuk is warm by nature, it is difficult for him to become the aloof Shin Hyuk entirely. At certain points in time, he does give away bits and pieces of his original self when he thinks nobody is watching or noticing. People around him wonder about the baffling change in the supposedly reserved Shin Hyuk, while a few others like his ladylove, Eun Ha and best friend (the police officer), who are close to him detect distinct traces of Ha Eun in him to the point of guessing his true identity.

Personally, I find the Gang Hyuk and Shin Hyuk’s "union" to be somewhat discomforting. I like the happy Ha Eun / Gang Hyuk and sympathize with the gloomy Shin Hyuk before the "union". Yet, after the "union", there is a new dimension to Gang Hyuk’s character. He becomes a competent strategist, planning his moves carefully to complete the punishment he has in mind for each of the enemies. Like a predator, slowly and steadily, he zooms in to each of his prey and executes his ingeniously designed retribution, savoring the bittersweet taste of revenge. While admiring his ingenuity, I also miss the old Ha Eun.

Towards the closing of the show, just when I thought I have more or less caught the gist of what "Resurrection" is all about, something unexpected occurs out of the blue. This particular "occurrence" seems be the turning point that brings out the essence of "Resurrection". Initially, this "occurrence" may be deemed as unfortunate, but when the story continues on to the finale scene, it might not be what it seems.

On witnessing the final scene, I have acquired a new or perhaps, a more complete understanding of the show. Personally, I think I have found the answers I seek with regards to the meaning of "Resurrection", the very word that has propelled me to watch the show.

Guest bubblieri

gosh i want to see spoilers and then again i don't!!! but seriously!! i'm on episode 5 or 6...i can't remember, but it's really really good. i remember when i saw previews or pictures for it in 2005 i didn't really wanna watch it. i distinctly remember it showing on our korean channel and i was like yehhh don't wanna watch....but wow!! i've fallen hard for this drama!! and i'm so glad it's long because i'm looking forward to every minute of it!!! i usually DESPISE long dramas!!! the little kids who play as the twins are really good!!! i teared up when the whole scene of how the accident happened and why the father stayed in the car and when it blew up.....it really hit me....

and judging from pieces i've read...i wish ha eun would come back...the dorky laughing guy....but i guess he doesn't....kind of like how in green rose....i don't remember his character's name, but go soo doesn't go back to being the smiley sweet guy. it is hard realistically if that happened to a person...after they have all those events and things brought to light to go back exactly to how they were before.....

but that's my thoughts for now!!! great drama!!! totally underrated!!! i actually would prefer this to MNIKSS!!!! mnikss got me cracking up at the beginning...but eventually it dragged for me :)

Guest xosandy

Is there any website that I can watch this? Clubbox is not working for me and Youtube only has this drama up to episode 8.

You can watch it on crunchyroll.com

Guest bubblieri

i really like suh (however you spell it) yi hyun in this drama!! i think she's pretty...a bit different from the conventional celebrity beauty people mark as beauty...and as a supporting character and as a reporter she doesn't get me annoyed like some others would!! :D i really hope she gets noticed more!! :)

Guest jussbeingme

I love this drama!! OMG! It's one of the best drama I ever watch! Definitely a recommend!

- Jeanie

Guest lemonginger

i'm watching Devil until ep13 and find it veeery slow moving!

and all the characters appear very dumb, especially the bunch of cops.

i can't enjoy it as much as watching Resurrection.

both stories are about taking the identity of another person for the purpose of revenge. but i feel that how the truth is slowly revealed in Resurrection and done much better way. There is more wit and also not lack of emotions, with UTW's character having all the mixed feelings towards his mother, lover, brother, wrong-doers, allies, and himself.

Guest 윤호 오빠 짱!

okay. i want to finish this drama.. but i cant find it in creidesca's clubbox!

does ne body know who's clubbox i can download the last 4-6 episodes or so?

thank ya :]

Guest ds_dreamer

okay. i want to finish this drama.. but i cant find it in creidesca's clubbox!

does ne body know who's clubbox i can download the last 4-6 episodes or so?

thank ya :]

you can watch it over at www.crunchyroll.com

Archived