Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUJUfied.

I`m debating which phone to get: Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation, or HTC Amaze.

Anyone know what the pros and cons are for each of them? =)

^I don't know about the HTC amaze, but the camera on the SG2 is better than the sensation, that is if you like bright vibrant colours.

Browsing wise I prefer HTC because when you pinch to zoom it fits the entire sentence in the screen vs the SG2, you'd have to scroll to read the entire sentence.

Speed wise apparently the SG2 is faster but I don't notice a huge difference.

Edit:

I noticed a few people asking about the HTC Wildfre S. I have the phone and I like it, it's cute and it does what it needs to do. The only downside of it was that it had SUCH a tiny internal memory. I couldn't root it and delete a bunch of pre installed apps. =/

I thought it was also too delicate. I had dropped it with out a case a few times on some plastic lining thingies and there's a tiny crack forming on the back.

hi! i just wanted to know how you got your galazy s2 set up like that! Thanks!

Lots of trial and error, testing out different apps, themes, lockscreens, wallpapers and widgets, I'm very picky >_>"

I'm running a rooted + custom ROM Galaxy S II overclocked to 1.6GHz. On that set-up I'm using CyanogenMod 7 + LunarUI Theme + WidgetLocker + Launcher Pro Plus + Minimalistic Text Widget.

Anyways, new set up:

samsunggalaxysiiv3.jpg

This one is using CyanogenMod 7 + LunarUI Theme + WidgetLocker + Launcher Pro Plus + mClock + Fancy Widgets + Minimalistic Text Widget. Performance is a lot better than stock too, 5600+ on Quadrant.

FINALLY got my hands on the white version of the Galaxy S2! <3

I was so irritated when it finally came out on the market though.. I bought and used the black version for just under a week when I discovered the white version came out! I was interested in the white one from the start, but I was sick and tired of the iPhone4 and I did not want to wait until next year to get the S2 (read the wrong information online about it being released next year and not this year!).. I am aware of the fact that both of them are the same except for the color, but I absolutely adore the white one. In the end, I ended up getting a discount when I bought it with a 3 year contract.. I was suppose to pay ~$150, but the manager gave me a special discount of only paying $75 for it along with the contract. It was probably because he saw that I had the black version.

Now I need to sell my iPhone4 and black version of the S2 ...

Does anyone know how to download Android Market apps from overseas?

I unlocked my phone (but not rooted) and went to Hong Kong, downloaded an app. I come back to US, the app still works. But when there's an update for it, I cannot update it because it says that app is not available in my country. Which makes me wonder: is there any way to download international apps? Would I have to root the phone to do that?

i'm really new in using a smartphone, and my phone is a galaxy s2!

i have been researching about using smartphones and would like to ask what would rooting a phone do, and are there any risks involved in doing that?

I have researched but i could not really understand what they have said xD

so do please help! Thank you!

Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S - its soooo good looking and a really good phone =]]]

Favourite apps: hmm...facebook, browser, maps (i get lost all the time...), remind me, track ID, officesuite, etc...

Theme: A Sony ericsson one, which does well for me =]

Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.4 - can not wait for 4.0 ice cream sandwich!

Guest kounichi

Phone: Lg g2x, love this phone

Favourite apps: go launcher, games, mp3 downloader,.. ect

Theme: love tree

Android Version: gingerbread 2.3.3

Guest .moony.

hey guys I can't decide between HTC Salsa and Samsung Galaxy W. The Samsung one is newer (was just released 2-3 months ago) so it has faster processor and more internal memory.

But I'm not sure if HTC or Samsung is better. I used to use iphone and I generally use my phone a lot for music, games, and texting. I'd love a girly wallpaper like I've seen a lot of you have on ur phone too haha.

so yea HTC seems more popular but I'm not sure? Any advice would be great. thanks!

Guest Rickdaddy

hey guys I can't decide between HTC Salsa and Samsung Galaxy W. The Samsung one is newer (was just released 2-3 months ago) so it has faster processor and more internal memory.

But I'm not sure if HTC or Samsung is better. I used to use iphone and I generally use my phone a lot for music, games, and texting. I'd love a girly wallpaper like I've seen a lot of you have on ur phone too haha.

so yea HTC seems more popular but I'm not sure? Any advice would be great. thanks!

it depends.

Samsung's specs are usually a little bit better and they have an nicer screen. The HTC's build are usually a little bit more solid and feels better while you're holding it unlike the Samsung's plastic feeling.

I would look into the HTC Vivid or the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket if you're planning on going with at&t since those two phones will be the first to support 4G LTE.

I personally have an HTC Sensation 4G and I LOVE it. Rooted with an android revolution HD rom and overclocked to 1.51ghz with a lot of other customed goodies. I can confidently say this phone craps on the other iPhones I've used.

Guest jonogunn

Galaxy Nexus is a sexy beast.

And the new android 4.0 ice cream sandwich is an awesome overhaul to the look an feel of the android. Can't wait.

Guest missyblue

hiya everyone! i just got a samsung s galaxy 4g, and i was wondering which app is the best for checking how much data you have used so far?

oops, never mind, the phone already has an app for that. XD

Guest exceptional.chic

Good day! I'm actually a neophyte when it comes to android phones and I just received a Samsung Galaxy Y from my parents. I was just wondering how to move my pictures from the SD Card to my phone memory? Thanks! :D

Guest leelee.

Okay noob question here! I have stock root on my Samsung Galaxy S 4G phone, so if I officially update it to Gingerbread, it won't brick my phone right? I know that if you have a rooted phone and you update it, everything will go back to the stock version... but I just want to be 110% sure. I saw someone post a message saying the update bricked their phone, so I don't really know. :ph34r:

Nevermind! Someone has already reassured me that it's okay. :) I really hope the update can help my battery last longer.

Guest -forever-

hey so i have a question.

i have the htc evo 4g & i downloaded beautiful widgets off 4shared & everything works fine,but i can't get the weather/clock skins to download! i want new ones! anyone know why this is happening?

Archived