Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

Both have the same GPU/CPU, go with the nexus S. If you dont root then you are guaranteed to be one of the first devices to have ICS(Ice cream sandwich android version 2.4) when it comes out late 2011 or early 2012.

note that ice cream sandwich will be 4.0, not 2.4. 3.1 is already out for tablets. there will be devices coming out later this year with 4.0 preloaded, probably in november.

but yeah, take nexus s over galaxy s.

Thank u guys, I'm getting the phone today :)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most irritating aspect of my phone is the fact that I only have 160mb ram in it. Why 160 I don't know, some of it might be dedicated to something but either way it idles at 135mb used out of 160mb. Tempted to buy a new phone with 512 mb ram so I won't be so annoyed by it.

How do u customize notification ringtone on Samsung nexus s?

Your notification ringtone needs to be 30 seconds or less. Just put it in the folder sd/media/audio/notifications

Then it should show up in the list of notification ringtones you can choose from ^^

I just got my first Android phone about a month ago, and I'm still getting settled in but I adore it. :)

1. Which phone you have: HTC Sensation 4G
  2. Three most useful applications: GO SMS Pro, Alarm Clock Plus, girl's顔文字辞典5000 (girl's kaomoji dictionary 5000)
  3. Any themes you use: GO Launcher EX, Love theme
  4. Version of Android Device: Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread; I'm planning on rooting ASAP.

My homescreens:

Hey, just wondering what font did u use for ur minimalistic app?

Guest trublu1004

I just got my first Android phone about a month ago, and I'm still getting settled in but I adore it. :)

1. Which phone you have: HTC Sensation 4G
  2. Three most useful applications: GO SMS Pro, Alarm Clock Plus, girl's顔文字辞典5000 (girl's kaomoji dictionary 5000)
  3. Any themes you use: GO Launcher EX, Love theme
  4. Version of Android Device: Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread; I'm planning on rooting ASAP.

My homescreens:

Hi, I Love the font that you are using for the minimalistic text widgets, I found something similar to it on the web, but i like the one you have better. If you could let me know what font it is i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks ^ ^~

Guest justxlouise

Does the Samsung Galaxy SII have a place where you can hang phone charms? :3

Yes it does :) When you open the back cover (and when you look on the right side from the back), you can see a small hole where you can hang the phone charm.

1. Which phone you have

LG Optimus One.. Koodo phone, first smartphone I've ever owned. My previous phone was a Motorola Rival and that was possibly the crappiest phone ever.

2. Three most useful applications

Twitter, Pudding Camera, Vintage Camera

3. Any themes you use

No, but I do use LauncherPro. My home screen has been much smoother since I started using it. Too lazy to download other programs and look for themes. My ideal home screen would be minimalistic but I have no idea how to do that.

4. Version of Android Device

2.2.1 according to my phone. Is that bad?

hi! i'm a new user to android phones, and my current phone is the samsung galaxy s2!

just wanted to ask how do we customize it? as in themes and stuff? i'm not sure how itworks!

and also, is it possible to create our own themes?

hahah sorry for asking such noobish questions xD

Guest hunterheart

Any review on the HTC wildfire s? I love how compact it is. I mainly text, call, check twitter/facebook, take pictures and once in awhile play music (around 15 songs) and brain stimulating games. I like how androids have such awesome customization especially after seeing all the cute homepages everyone posted up. I hear youtube/flash player doesn't work? I hardly web browse on a phone. Think it should be okay with what I use phone for?

Any review on the HTC wildfire s? I love how compact it is. I mainly text, call, check twitter/facebook, take pictures and once in awhile play music (around 15 songs) and brain stimulating games. I like how androids have such awesome customization especially after seeing all the cute homepages everyone posted up. I hear youtube/flash player doesn't work? I hardly web browse on a phone. Think it should be okay with what I use phone for?

vid review: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6EYUG71_3GI

i played with one but it's too small for my liking

my previous phone had a 3.2" in screen too and it was a pain to text

i'd like a screen that's atleast 3.7"

youtube definitely works but not all the content you'd find on a computer would be found through the mobile app

flash kind of depends on the specs of the phone if you want to view flash through the browser

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dewa_rahyang

hello guys! my phone is Galaxy Mini from Samsung (Froyo 2.2), i always used ubersocial, whatsapp, and maps service. greeting from indonesia :D

Guest sweetnkawaii87

1. Motorola Droid 3

2. Youmail, Zumocast, Minimalistic Text

3. No theme as of yet, too lazy :phew: Although I do have a cute live wallpaper from Cave Story. I'm geeking it up!

4. Gingerbread 2.3.4

hi guys :) i'm on the hunt for an android phone that has decent specs so 1) it handle what i want to use it for and 2) i can keep using the same phone for at least like 3 years. also i don't care much about phones so i don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one therefore my budget is not very high.

i'll be mainly using the phone for texting, calling, viber (text and call), some quick internet browsing (facebook etc), taking pictures, listening to music and maybe playing some games.

i was considering the htc wildfire s, lg optimus black p970, lg optimus 2x p990 or samsung galaxy s i9000 (listed in order of cheapest to most expensive according to the place i will be getting my phone from).

the htc wildfire s and lg optimus black p970 are more in my preferred price range so i think ill be choosing between one of these 2. i've read a lot of reviews and i think maybe the optimus black p970 is a better choice, does anyone own this phone? do you like it? is it good? are there any major cons?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived