Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest plumerias

Woooh, finally got rid of that dumbphone. I got HTC amaze yesterday after deciding between that and the Galaxy 2S and I am soooo happy. (: 

Now, to stare into the world of rooting...

Anyone know where to buy a cute case for the amaze? (like cutesy asian ones.. iphone has so many ._.)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imperfekt_s0ul

quick question, when using the front camera on my S2, my pictures usually come out a bit greener than it actually is . . i compared pictures with my friends 4S' front camera and it is in fact greener. . . i can't adjust the contrast on the front camera tho. is there something i can do?? 

please and thanks ! 

:]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest babyboi7794

I just got my first Android phone about a month ago, and I'm still getting settled in but I adore it. :)

1. Which phone you have: HTC Sensation 4G
  2. Three most useful applications: GO SMS Pro, Alarm Clock Plus, girl's顔文字辞典5000 (girl's kaomoji dictionary 5000)
  3. Any themes you use: GO Launcher EX, Love theme
  4. Version of Android Device: Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread; I'm planning on rooting ASAP.

My homescreens:

This might me alot to ask but I was wondering if you can do a video on how you did it. because I'm super stuck on how you did all this. Please and Thank you for your time.

can't decide between htc sensation or samsung galaxy sII. Could someone give me their opinion on them (pro + cons)?

I mainly text + talk, use social networking apps, take photos, listen to music and play games occasionally.

1. phone | Samsung Galaxy Ace
  2. Three most useful applications | Titanium Backup, IMO Messenger, Minimalstic Text
  3. themes | Only LauncherPro (paid) and Suave HD Icon Theme
  4. Version of Android Device | 2.3.3 Gingerbread (ROOTED)

screenphone.png

• 3 weeks later...
Guest .lalala

Hey guys! I just have a quick question. I got my first smartphone a couple days ago. I got the LG Optimus 4G LTE... but, I'm not really happy with the battery life. Already charged it 5 times since I got it. I turned off all the things that could make the phone spend a lot of battery but unfortunately, it still doesn't work. So, I was wondering what to change the phone with... what do you guys think about Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Raider? Which one do you like?

Thanks. :)

^the S2 is a sweet phone,

there's an App you can download to try to converse battery life. It's called juicedefender - I got the Evo and I use it quite a bit and used to charge it twice a day, with Juice defender I just have to charge it once a day.

^the S2 is a sweet phone,

there's an App you can download to try to converse battery life. It's called juicedefender - I got the Evo and I use it quite a bit and used to charge it twice a day, with Juice defender I just have to charge it once a day.

Hey which version of the Samsung Galaxy SII do you have?

Guest monkeyinabarrel

Hey guys! I just have a quick question. I got my first smartphone a couple days ago. I got the LG Optimus 4G LTE... but, I'm not really happy with the battery life. Already charged it 5 times since I got it. I turned off all the things that could make the phone spend a lot of battery but unfortunately, it still doesn't work. So, I was wondering what to change the phone with... what do you guys think about Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Raider? Which one do you like?

Thanks. :)

here try this (note you only have to do this once):

To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly:

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more

2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour

3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well.

-edit- I forgot to mention this was from guys at HTC I'm not sure if it applies to non HTC phones but worth a try

I haven't personally tried this yet but many people have said it did increase it significantly

Ok next question is how can I purchase a free song without handing Google a credit card number?

Guest Lauvable

1. Sony Xperia Arc

2. ColorNote, Flashlight, and some battery widget i have

3. default theme but i have a Scandal background =]

4. 2.3.3

Guest c0lap1nada

Need some help guys :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 or Iphone 4..? :) Not the 4s.

Though the s3 is coming out.. and iphone 5 is coming out...aha....==

Need some help guys :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 or Iphone 4..? :) Not the 4s.

Though the s3 is coming out.. and iphone 5 is coming out...aha....==

Samsung Galaxy S II > iPhone 4

iPhone 4S >Samsung Galaxy S II

I don't think I've posted this before. Still the same set up I'm using to this day.

love__by_omg_its_snorlax-d4g1hh6.jpg

Iphone 4s>Samsung galaxy SII ????

How? 0.0

LMao iphone 4 and Iphone 4s are basically the same thing with SIRI and a faster processor.

Actually it's more than that, but I can't be bothered explaining if you can't find the differences yourself.

I have both - 16GB + 32GB Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 and the iPhone 4S 64GB. I've typed a long as hell essay on a previous thread, listing both the pros and cons of these phones - http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/371950-iphone-4s-vs-samsung-galaxy-s2/

Personally I find the iPhone 4S to be a better phone overall.

Actually it's more than that, but I can't be bothered explaining if you can't find the differences yourself.

I have both - 16GB + 32GB Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 and the iPhone 4S 64GB. I've typed a long as hell essay on a previous thread, listing both the pros and cons of these phones - http://www.soompi.co...sung-galaxy-s2/

Personally I find the iPhone 4S to be a better phone overall.

1. iOS better optimized than Android. 

* There are such things called custom roms and custom kernels out there you know...

2. Battery wise- Custom rom and Kernel

Unnamed rom with Entrophy's kernel boosted the Samsung Galaxy SII's battery life astronomically. Iphone 4s was report to have a worse battery life than the IPhone 4.

Guest o________O

My previous post must've got deleted..

I have an unrooted phone currently (still learning) and I'm just running go launcher ex as my theme and a custom screen lock using widgetlocker. Anyways, so a few weeks ago I got an update for sense 3.0 so I downloaded it and it installed. But for some reason now, everytime I press the home button or lock my phone (and then unlock), it goes back to the original sense theme and the (new sense) lock screen.

Once I run go launcher ex again for the sense theme, it reverts back to my original one and runs fine (until I press the home button or lock my phone). Also, I find that 90% of the time (before the update), I couldn't use my custom lock screen to unlock my phone and the default one would constantly appear and it still currently is.

Why does this keep happening? and how do I fix this?

1. iOS better optimized than Android. 

* There are such things called custom roms and custom kernels out there you know...

2. Battery wise- Custom rom and Kernel

Unnamed rom with Entrophy's kernel boosted the Samsung Galaxy SII's battery life astronomically. Iphone 4s was report to have a worse battery life than the IPhone 4.

Does it look like I'm running a stock ROM? I'm currently on MIUI and have used CyanogenMod 7 before MIUI came out. I run the Galaxy S II on an overclock 1.5GHz and can repeatedly get over 5500+ on quadrant. I can tell you now iOS is still faster and I can still notice a bit of lag on Android whatever the hell ROM I'm using.

My iPhone 4S battery life > My Galaxy S II's battery life. I can easily get 1 day out of my iPhone 4S on my daily phone usage, which would include something like 3-5 hours on the phone, 1-2 hours on constant texting, 1 hour of browsing and 1 hour of listening to music while being connected to imo.im. Try this with the Galaxy and I would be lucky to get 6 hours.

There is no "unnamed rom" for the i9100.

Here's some battery tests on both phones -

http://blog.gsmarena...-champion-test/

http://blog.gsmarena...ow-it-did-test/ 

Out of all the points I give the Galaxy S II you try and argue these, lmao. Don't try to make comparisons and argue these points to someone who owns both devices when you don't even have them. Seriously, you sound like a butthurt fanboy.

Does it look like I'm running a stock ROM? I'm currently on MIUI and have used CyanogenMod 7 before MIUI came out. I run the Galaxy S II on an overclock 1.5GHz and can repeatedly get over 5500+ on quadrant. I can tell you now iOS is still faster and I can still notice a bit of lag on Android whatever the hell ROM I'm using.

My iPhone 4S battery life > My Galaxy S II's battery life. I can easily get 1 day out of my iPhone 4S on my daily phone usage, which would include something like 3-5 hours on the phone, 1-2 hours on constant texting, 1 hour of browsing and 1 hour of listening to music while being connected to imo.im. Try this with the Galaxy and I would be lucky to get 6 hours.

There is no "unnamed rom" for the i9100.

Here's some battery tests on both phones -

http://blog.gsmarena...-champion-test/

http://blog.gsmarena...ow-it-did-test/ 

Out of all the points I give the Galaxy S II you try and argue these, lmao. Don't try to make comparisons and argue these points to someone who owns both devices when you don't even have them. Seriously, you sound like a butthurt fanboy.

Lol Lol you are the one that is butthurt.

I have the AT&T samsung galaxy S2 and most people would tell you that Entrophy's kernal and the Unnamed rom for it is the best combination out there so far. 

Not only that but hahaha.. The samsung Galaxy S2 in your link is probably running on stock rom making your argument null and void.

Archived