Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest tirahbunny

^^^ thanks! Ill make sure to use the darky rom next time! Does it require root? Anyway i do think odin was the culprit because i used it to updgrade to froyo and my phone became sooo slow so i wanted to upgrade to the latest firmeare which is xxjs5 but that totally exploded in my face.....i managed to fix it by downgrading to eclair but the market wouldnt install anything so i used the registry patcher and upggraded back to froyo with Kies and it went very smoothly. My phone is fast now and im running xxjpy or something like that

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i did my research first before i got this phone...

i'm still stuck on 1.6 because of att. but im hoping to flash it to 2.1 soon

read xda, there are guides on how to flash and root an att branded x10, to an unbranded 2.1, it will still be locked, but its an improvement over the original att junk.

Though I ended up buying my x10 off xda lurker on craigslist who had the x10 flashed to froyo, but with limitations in the camera/video recorder I went back to 2.1. Going to wait it out until the bugs are fixed since it does what I need it to do.

Guest deviatorz

^^^ thanks! Ill make sure to use the darky rom next time! Does it require root? Anyway i do think odin was the culprit because  i used it to updgrade to froyo and my phone became sooo slow so i wanted to upgrade to the latest firmeare which is xxjs5 but that totally exploded in my face.....i managed to fix it by downgrading to eclair but the market wouldnt install anything so i used the registry patcher and upggraded back to froyo with Kies and it went very smoothly. My phone is fast now and im running xxjpy or something like that

Yes anything that deals with modifying system files or the like requires root, and especially dealing with ROM's. Reason being you to grant programs that touch those files full access of your phone or permissions. If you are back to Froyo that's great but do consider installing custom ROM's as there are so much more you can do with your phone once it's rooted. Good Luck!

Guest o________O

As a first time droid user, I got my htc Desire HD the other day.

Anyhow, I was listening to music last night for about 1~2 hours at LOW volume, whilst my screen brightness is around 30%. Later, I checked my battery and it went from full to 2/3. Is this normal? I charged it fully the day I got it. I did read about the battery life being poor, but this is ridiculous. Or am I not closing my apps properly (if this is the case, how do you close apps?).

HTC Glacier (Mytouch 4g US) and i got it in white.:D

Most adorable phone ever.

1. My three most used applications would probably be a RPG game called Zenonia 2. I love it. I also used the Dragon Dictation mode of texting, because while im driving, i can use it to text anyone, Handsfree.

2. I also use Tango to video chat with all my friends that have iphone4 and other Android devices, works great! I use Black Hero Status Bar

3. I also use Flashlight, when im getting to my car or going to my apartment and cant find my keys.

Right now im waiting for the new 'Gingerbread' 2.3 Android update, which i really HOPE Glacier gets..... i mean, its only 4 months old.

The style is great. Its sleek and clean. The white gives it that extra 'WOW' ness. Everyone i know likes it, even my iphone4 friends.

The Live wallpapers are great, but the do tend to eat the battery life a bit.

( i dont know how to post an image, i tried with the URL but it was a big red X. not sure if it worked so i just deleted it. Google the photos and youtube to see what im talking about.)

In all honesty, its a great phone. ;)

Guest GoongLOVExx

Can you install themes for android 2.1 on 2.2 froyo, too? I am looking at the motorola atrix but I want to be able to install cute themes as well. >.<

http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-tips-tricks/270328-easy-way-increase-battery-life.html

*This website really helped my HTC Desire HD improve the battery!! :D

As a first time droid user, I got my htc Desire HD the other day.

Anyhow, I was listening to music last night for about 1~2 hours at LOW volume, whilst my screen brightness is around 30%. Later, I checked my battery and it went from full to 2/3. Is this normal? I charged it fully the day I got it. I did read about the battery life being poor, but this is ridiculous. Or am I not closing my apps properly (if this is the case, how do you close apps?).

• 2 weeks later...

How did you make it look like this? It's so cute!!!

I used an app called Go launcher EX for the dock icons and the app drawer. And i edited the framework of my phone itself to change the battery colors, notifications and button and dial pad to pink. :D

Guest bluebbear549

I got the Motorola Atrix a few day ago and it's my first android phone. I'm still trying to adjust. lol.

Should I root the phone? Do I have to root it in order to be able to change my themes and customize it with the pretty wallpapers and icons? How can I do that without rooting

Guest o________O

^

I'm in the same dilemma as you, I got my first droid about a month ago and am seriously considering rooting it. Why? I have no idea. I'm gonna hold out for a month or two, when I have more time, so that I'll have more insight into the whole process and what I'm doing. If I do decide to root my droid (inevitable) would you guys recommend me to follow this tutorial? (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Desire_HD:_Full_Root_Guide)

So, I heard that if you root your droid, it compromises the security of your phone when you download stuff.. anyone care to elaborate on this? I'm clueless..

Guest lemon_ice

I used an app called Go launcher EX for the dock icons and the app drawer. And i edited the framework of my phone itself to change the battery colors, notifications and button and dial pad to pink. :D

Thanks!!! I installed Go launcher EX and it looks great =)

I haven't rooted my phone so i couldnt really change the other things =(

Thanks again =D

Guest tirahbunny

I'm having ANOTHER problem with my SGS.

so ive noticed that whenever i talk on the phone and not use the speakerphone, after i end the call and use my phone to like play games or something, the menu sounds and touch tones are really low and i figured out that its coming from the earpiece rather than the speakerphone. but when i talk on the phone and use speakerphone, after i end the call all the sounds are back to the normal volume and comes out of the speaker in the back like it should. does anyone else have the same issue???

Guest jjang504

hello soompiers,

I have an LG GT540, it's great and all, but I'm having a problem with the SD card.. It kept notifying me that the SD card is removed /unmounted. I've tried re-inserting it/formatting the sd card/used a different sd card/restarting the phone, nothing works

what's the problem? does anyone have any ideas?

please help~~ (T.T)

My phone has been driving me insane for the last.. few weeks. The data keeps cutting out and I don't know why.

If I reset or even soft reset (have an app) the phone will go to X, then show the bars, then show the EV symbol next to it. Usually the data will work for about 10 minutes after that. Then it will die again. The up and down arrow will light up, go dim, both light up, then up lights up... and the page goes to not found and I burst into a profane fit of rage.

Guest vongola

Hi ... first time android user here (girlfriend converted me lol). Been reading on rooting and stuff.. not really interested in flashing custom roms. I just want to remove the bloatware that came with my phone. My question is...

If i make a backup of the bloatware on my sd card and delete the ones located in the system app folder ... Would i

still be able to recieve OTA updates if I move them back to the system folder? Ive read that you need the bloatware in order for it to update .. which is stupid haha. If anyone can answer I would highly appreciate it. Thanks!

Guest Crunchies

Hmm, I have a question. I'm using Samsung Galaxy S, and I realise that I cannot watch Youtube videos unless it's directly from the website itself. For example, if Allkpop.com posted a music video, I cannot watch it from the site itself. Anybody can answer this question?

Guest tirahbunny

what version are you running?

i can view videos fine on AKP, they play directly from AKP and not from Youtube's site

Archived