Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest tirahbunny

ugh, my galaxy s has been force closing everything, no apps would open and im so sick of that force close vibrate!!!

i keep having to factory reset to get it to work but it happens again like the next day!!! i used Odin to flash to 2.2.1 if that matters.....

could someone please tell me if theres a fix?? because im really ready to just get rid of the phone...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Which phone you have: Motorola Droid X (Verizon)

2. Three most useful applications: Mint, Facebook, Gesture Search, Tesla Light and Shazam

3. Any themes you use: Stock Gingerbread

4. Version of Android Device: Rooted Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread

@Tirahbunny: Have you tried clearing the cache and formatting your SD card? After you do the Factory Reset try that and see if that works for you. I had to do that on my phone when I upgraded to 2.3.3 and everything is working perfectly fine now.

Guest tirahbunny

1. Which phone you have: Motorola Droid X (Verizon)

2. Three most useful applications: Mint, Facebook, Gesture Search, Tesla Light and Shazam

3. Any themes you use: Stock Gingerbread

4. Version of Android Device: Rooted Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread

@Tirahbunny: Have you tried clearing the cache and formatting your SD card? After you do the Factory Reset try that and see if that works for you. I had to do that on my phone when I upgraded to 2.3.3 and everything is working perfectly fine now.

yea i tried wiping the cache and formatting the memory after i did the factory reset. it just happens over and over again. i think its a samsung problem.

Guest wonkawilly

1. Which phone you have: HTC Desire Z

2. Three most useful applications: astrid task manager, task killer, alarming!

3. Any themes you use: nope, since i have htc sense, it's customizable enough for me :)

4. Version of Android Device: android 2.2 (froyo) ! i heard the unofficial gingerbread is out for the desire z, but waiting for the official one :) 

HTC Thunderbolt (rooted)

favorite apps? can't live without Sign, Pulse, ReadItLater, and wifi tether.

customization? ADWLauncher EX

2.2.1 (running das_bamf 1.4 rom for now but waiting for cyanogenmod 7 (2.3) support)

vongola, just the fact that you're rooted will prevent you getting ota many times. this isn't always the case, but often times you have to unroot to get the ota and wait for new root to support the new ota. or just wait around a little until someone creates a root friendly ota package. I personally don't care and just wait. I never had any ota that was THAT critical to apply asap.

Hey guys, i'm kinda new to this whole Android rooting/rom/flashing whatever things, and i need your help~!

So, i have a Samsung Galaxy S, and my friend just helped me to root my phone.

She told me to download titanium backup and batch everything to backup all my apps/data.

So i download titanium backup, but when i run the app this message pops up:

"Sorry, i could not acquire root privileges. This application will NOT work! Please verify that your ROM is roote and includes BusyBox, and try again."

WHAT IS HAPPENING O_O

And i've been looking around as to nicer themes and such, and xda developers had a few good ROMS but i have no idea how to install/flash it in or whatever O_O

I feel like the biggest noob. I need all you androiders out there to help me (:

Thanks!

Guest lyly_flower2000

Anyone has a problem when sending picture by using Samsung Galaxy S I9000? After I updated the phone to android 2.2 (froyo)through Samsung Kies, I can't not send the pic anymore. Everytime I tried to send it, the message "sending" kept flashing but never got through. I think there was no problem in previous verson 2.1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just got a Fascinate and I was wondering which antivirus app you all use.

I know it says "Antivirus" on the first post, but there are so many apps that have antivirus, which is the most reliable?

Guest tirahbunny

Anyone has a problem when sending picture by using Samsung Galaxy S I9000? After I updated the phone to android 2.2 (froyo)through Samsung Kies, I can't not send the pic anymore. Everytime I tried to send it, the message "sending" kept flashing but never got through. I think there was no problem in previous verson 2.1.

go to your network settings and see if packet data is checked

Hey guys, i'm kinda new to this whole Android rooting/rom/flashing whatever things, and i need your help~!

So, i have a Samsung Galaxy S, and my friend just helped me to root my phone.

She told me to download titanium backup and batch everything to backup all my apps/data.

So i download titanium backup, but when i run the app this message pops up:

"Sorry, i could not acquire root privileges. This application will NOT work! Please verify that your ROM is roote and includes BusyBox, and try again."

WHAT IS HAPPENING O_O

And i've been looking around as to nicer themes and such, and xda developers had a few good ROMS but i have no idea how to install/flash it in or whatever O_O

I feel like the biggest noob. I need all you androiders out there to help me (:

Thanks!

Let TB download busybox for you and im sure you probably figured it out by now lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tyche

Hey guys! I got my galaxy s just a few days ago.

Id like to know, is there a way to write special characters like ëê? I tried holding the keys down but it doesnt work. I read somewhere that you could change your writing language to Nederlands but my phone doesnt have that - only asian languages. Also, Swype doesnt work for me since my language also isnt supported.

Thanks!

Guest JaeYin.

Hey guys! I got my galaxy s just a few days ago.

Id like to know, is there a way to write special characters like ëê? I tried holding the keys down but it doesnt work. I read somewhere that you could change your writing language to Nederlands but my phone doesnt have that - only asian languages. Also, Swype doesnt work for me since my language also isnt supported.

Thanks!

You didn't buy your SGS in the Netherlands? It should have Dutch pre-installed on your phone. It's weird that it doesn't work.

You can download another keyboard (I strongly recommend Steven Lin's Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard) and install the dutch dictionary (Dutch LP for GK). Just activate the keyboard (settings > locale and text).

As for Swype, sorry can't help you. I just don't find it convenient to use when typing in Dutch ^^".

Guest tyche

You didn't buy your SGS in the Netherlands? It should have Dutch pre-installed on your phone. It's weird that it doesn't work.

You can download another keyboard (I strongly recommend Steven Lin's Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard) and install the dutch dictionary (Dutch LP for GK). Just activate the keyboard (settings > locale and text).

As for Swype, sorry can't help you. I just don't find it convenient to use when typing in Dutch ^^".

Nope, I bought my phone in asia. I was hoping there was a way to include Dutch to the supported languages without having to root my phone because I am too scared to do it. ^^

I'll try Steven Lin's Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard out. Thanks a lot, love~ ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question.

I recently got the samsung fascinate (galaxy s) and every time a youtube video or for the matter of fact any video, the video is blank. Aren't videos suppose to play because I have the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (it came with the phone when the update happened i guess) and I don't feel like it works. Or did we have to actually download it from the market.

For example, I go on allkpop and want to watch a teaser video, the area that the video is suppose to be is just a white box. Any ideas why this is?

Fixed! If anyone else is having a problem like this... you're going to have to reset your phone to factory mode.

Wow. D;

I just got a new phone yesterday (a G2x), I did a lot of research and I was going to get the Samsung Galaxy S, but now I see that it's got lots of problems. ): I went to the store and tried it out, wasn't feeling it. Lol. My previous phone was a G1, so maybe I feel more comfortable with a google phone because I'm used to it? Idk lol.

I'm not a hardcore Android user, so I like to use the simpler and more easy going things like Tweetdeck. Haha, a lot of social networking sites. It's not really an app (?) but I use the korean keyboard app called 한굴 접촉식 키보드 (the logo is a blue 'han': ) I like it cos the keyboard is like exactly the same as the android keyboard, so you don't really have to get used to a whole other keyboard =)

Guest plumerias

^ how do you like the G2X? I think I'm going to get that phone. 

Also, I was wondering if any of you guys have the $10/month 200 mb unlimited data plan with t-mobile, the one where the first 200 mb are 4g/3g and the rest is 2g. How are the 2g speeds? Are they incredibly slow? I was wondering cause I really don't see myself using all that much internet besides email, messenger, syncing calendars and maybe some facebook and GPS here and there. (Either way I'm getting the $10 plan but I was just wondering :]) 

^ I like it so far. The keyboard still takes a little getting used to even though I had the g1. I press the l button instead of the delete button a lot lmao. And then with the space bar I end up typing v or b instead, but maybe that's just me keke

For me, the battery lasts about a day and a half give or take. Super crisp and clear screen. It is a big screen though haha. And it's really light. I was super surprised. Fairly easy to navigate. The menu scrolls vertically instead of horizontally, pretty neat!

Guest SophieKins

1. Which phone you have: Nexus S

2. Three most useful applications: DecoCute (email), Hancent SMS and Twippa for Facebook

3. Any themes you use: Go Launcher Ex (customized it myself)

4. Version of Android Device: Rooted Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread

r4tKD.jpg

Archived