Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest mao.mao.

1. Which phone you have: Nexus S

2. Three most useful applications: DecoCute (email), Hancent SMS and Twippa for Facebook

3. Any themes you use: Go Launcher Ex (customized it myself)

4. Version of Android Device: Rooted Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread

how do you like the nexus s? i'm deciding between the nexus s and the sony ericssion arc. i dont know which one to get.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SophieKins

how do you like the nexus s? i'm deciding between the nexus s and the sony ericssion arc. i dont know which one to get.

I really love my Nexus S. The only thing I regrette is the fact that you can't have an external sdcard. 

Otherwise I love love love it :D

I wish it was more popular so I could easily find a cute case for it :3

• 4 weeks later...
Guest STEPHOO--

Guys, I've got the Samsung Galaxy S. I was just wondering, if you 'overcharge' your phone, does that kill the battery faster? =S

Because yesterday I was charging my phone, but I kinda forgot about it and left it on the charger for a while fully charged already. When I took it off the charger before I slept, it was slightly warm. lol I woke up and the battery was basically gone (blinking) :S ...Is that because I charged it for too long? :S

Guest Starblazerbon

Guys, I've got the Samsung Galaxy S. I was just wondering, if you 'overcharge' your phone, does that kill the battery faster? =S

Because yesterday I was charging my phone, but I kinda forgot about it and left it on the charger for a while fully charged already. When I took it off the charger before I slept, it was slightly warm. lol I woke up and the battery was basically gone (blinking) :S ...Is that because I charged it for too long? :S

It shouldn't.

The battery has an auto stop feature that automatically stop any charges from going into your phone after it is done.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest air.and.stars

I just got my first Android phone about a month ago, and I'm still getting settled in but I adore it. :)

1. Which phone you have: HTC Sensation 4G
  2. Three most useful applications: GO SMS Pro, Alarm Clock Plus, girl's顔文字辞典5000 (girl's kaomoji dictionary 5000)
  3. Any themes you use: GO Launcher EX, Love theme
  4. Version of Android Device: Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread; I'm planning on rooting ASAP.

My homescreens:

phone.jpg

Guest nightfire

I just got my first Android phone about a month ago, and I'm still getting settled in but I adore it. :)

2. Three most useful applications: GO SMS Pro, Alarm Clock Plus, girl's顔文字辞典5000 (girl's kaomoji dictionary 5000)
  4. Version of Android Device: Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread; I'm planning on rooting ASAP.

My homescreens:

Which widgets are you using? Your home screen looks wonderful.

Guest air.and.stars

Which widgets are you using? Your home screen looks wonderful.

Thank you~ I have Pure messenger on the left screen, and in the middle are three Minimalistic Text widgets (I really recommend it; it's so customisable). On the right are Pure music, Pure calendar and Widgetsoid on the bottom.

Wow, really nice! I downloaded the Minimalistic app but couldn't customize the colors. How did you do it? And how did you upload custom fonts?

Guest air.and.stars

Wow, really nice! I downloaded the Minimalistic app but couldn't customize the colors. How did you do it? And how did you upload custom fonts?

Under Text Style, tap the element you want to change, then tap Color and a screen will come up to change it. Make sure to hit the New Color button at the bottom when you've chosen or it won't stay. For fonts, open the app and then hit the menu button and tap Global Settings. Near the bottom there's a setting where you can choose a folder for fonts; just pick whatever folder you've copied your custom fonts into. Good luck! :3

Under Text Style, tap the element you want to change, then tap Color and a screen will come up to change it. Make sure to hit the New Color button at the bottom when you've chosen or it won't stay. For fonts, open the app and then hit the menu button and tap Global Settings. Near the bottom there's a setting where you can choose a folder for fonts; just pick whatever folder you've copied your custom fonts into. Good luck! :3

Thanks! Wish there was a way to add more Text Styles though. The weather condition has kinda funky grammar though; "RainChance" and there is no space. :wacko: Anyway, here are mines. Pictures to come!

1. Which phone you have

Samsung Infuse 4G

2. Three most useful applications

Textplus+, GasBuddy, GO Launcher Ex

3. Any themes you use

Currently using the Cartoon theme until I find an even better one.

4. Version of Android Device

Android 2.2 Froyo :vicx:

By the way! Is there any way to send Japanese text from Android to an iPhone? I just tried to send kaomoji with the app above ^ but the iPhone user only gets ??? for the Japanese symbols. She is on 3GS and we're both under AT&T...

Guest rawrritsgracex3

i have nexus s too (:

and i looove it.

my aunt has the arc and i don't know if it's her carrier or the phone, but she's had a couple of problems. but she still likes it for the multimedia stuff.

Guest tyche

i feel in love with your home screen. im such a noob, how did you customize your dock? i would like my dock to show text descriptions only and not icons.

EDIT: never mind, i figured it out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest o________O

Is there any particular reason as to why, when I receive an email, I receive it instantly on my computer whilst sometimes it can be anything from 1min~2days in order the receive the same email?

Guest i__coOkiesx3

is the samsung captivate and samsung galaxy s the same? xD i want to buy a case off ebay and it says its for the galaxy s, and on the back of my captivate, it also says galaxy s.. so.. yeah.. >__>

Guest AiMango

^ captivate is different because it's a little more square. galaxy s has rounded corners (galaxy s 4g, galaxy s fascinate, vibrant, etc).

Im still using my crappy icecream phone. after working at a mobile company, I really want to convert to android. Im probably getting 1 of the galaxy s models, or the defy, or the atrix. I need something lightweight and at least 480 x 800. Hoping I can find one before school starts, or I might wait til some new models come out later this year.

I need help in deciding between samsung galaxy s and samsung nexus s. Anyone???

Both have the same GPU/CPU, go with the nexus S. If you dont root then you are guaranteed to be one of the first devices to have ICS(Ice cream sandwich android version 2.4) when it comes out late 2011 or early 2012.

Guest AiMango

note that ice cream sandwich will be 4.0, not 2.4. 3.1 is already out for tablets. there will be devices coming out later this year with 4.0 preloaded, probably in november.

but yeah, take nexus s over galaxy s.

Archived