Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

I think it could have also meant to imply she is  carefully choosing what project to do next. I have seen others translate it differently than what the articles had said. 

Since we don't know what SYJ's plans are this year and if Cross is her main priority project -that she is hoping to film this year. She has to think about that movie as well as her personal life. Otherwise, she's been busy with all the CFs and most recently with the global campaign of Valentino DiVas. 

I really love how they shot the film. It has a film noir/femme fatale vibe to it. SYJ's looks can kill :)

With all her latest endorsements and projects, it is very female driven/women focused. She is still into more female driven works. Hopefully she can work with an all female cast and director/team. I know it was on her goal list too.  

• Like 2

She updated her instagram and Red account

too cute. She even thought her Valentino DiVas CF is awesome too :) Some of the Cinderellas left comments and likes. I don't think she saw the finished CF after her film shoot. They did an amazing job :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM3R3f7neU0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

She wrote have a good weekend

She's not only on the cover of Glass China but on Glass as well. The magazine is out on March 31 (it's in the comments)

You guessed right - she is one of our covers as well! Please head to http://newsstand.co.uk on the 31st to get a copy.

• Like 1

Crash Landing on You musical in 2022

spacer.png

According to Pop Music on the 29th, the drama "Crash Landing on You" will be reborn as a musical in 2022 and will visit the audience.

The drama "Crash Landing on You"" is a drama about the absolute secret love story of Yoon Se-ri, a chaebol heiress who crashed into North Korea in a paragliding accident with a gust of wind, and Ri Jeong Hyeuk  an officer who hides and loves her, achieving an average of 21.7 percent and 24.1 percent on February 16, 2020.

In particular, it is still gaining huge popularity and attention, as it has been released worldwide through Netflix and has caused the fourth Korean Wave boom in Japan.

The production company Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. have completed a global copyright contract with Studio Dragon, and plan to continue the performance starting in Seoul in mid 2022.

"We have completed a copyright contract with Studio Dragon and will start selecting and casting major staff," said Kim Jin-seok, CEO of Pop Music, a production company. "We will do our best to make it a good work." In particular, the recognition of the source IP is so great that many actors and overseas production companies are already inquiring about it."

http://m.slist.kr/news/ampArticleView.html?idxno=238123&idxno=238123&__twitter_impression=true

• Awesome 1

9 hours ago, yejinatic1981 said:

Always pretending to commend YeJin but actually underestimating her in every comment. You can't fool everyone.  I wonder why you are here. I have observed you enough and tracked your "internet DNA" and you are a diehard of the actress they pitied against SYJ. Please support your idol NOT by hanging out in this forum to understimate SYJ, her choices and achievements. Thank you.

i didn't notice  :dissapointed_relieved:

yes its disgraceful if she/he came here to do this.

if the antis are bashing her one time, then I will pray for her happiness ten times.

I like Yejin voted "I will not care too much about how others look at me, I think we should realize your own value, find out what you really feel happy about  and try to achieve it" (SON YEJIN, 2021).

• Like 1

There was never any bashing in this thread. If you have a problem with a person, please DM. It's not needed to vocally call out someone in public.. especially when someone like SYJ doesn't care about what other people think and she is use to anti fans / Gong Hyo Jin even talked about anti fans before too. So she is use to people saying bad things about her too (who don't even know her) - Even I got accused last year too - from people who somehow read my posts wrong? I don't get it since I got called a lot of different things on different Soompi threads in the summer / My favorite is that I work for HB's agency.

I recently came across some articles back in 2006 about her anti fans back then. (why? because she took over O Hui after Kim Tae Hee?/they were modelling with O Hui back to back then a lot)- this was when she was more introverted /shy - didn't have much friends. So now she has a lots of friends and a good supportive friends/Cinderellas, supportive boyfriend HB etc.

People want to hate on her or people in her life currently because she is happy in her personal life and carefully choosing projects to do. I don't get it but like SYJ says in Glass China.. You need to find something valuable that makes you happy and achieve it. (whether it is art/painting etc) Covid-pandemic has made a lot of people bored and they write crazy stuff online on SNS - that is not in this thread. 

Meanwhile SYJ recently got beautiful flowers  - not confirm if from fans or endorsement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM6zjpQlf2R/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

flowers.jpg

A Moment to Remember is in JWS' greatest moments. SYJ is mentioned a lot in a lot of her co stars Kofic bios: Jung Woo Sung, Jung Hae In, Yoo Hai Jin (the pirates) was mentioned etc So Ji Sub's Kofic video included a small clip from Be With You too.

Their Actor is Present Videos (if you're interested)

Spoiler

6 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

You need to find something valuable that makes you happy and achieve it.

I think as you grow older and in the business for too long, eventually you just learn to brush off negative comments. Yes, it hurts in the beginning, but it's part of the business, and you eventually learn that some people are just inherently mean - you just can't please everybody. SYJ is at that point in her career and personal life that she can ignore those negative comments and still be generally well liked by most everyone in the industry. She's stable and steady. Of course there will be a difference in how an SYJ would handle such situation vs. say, a new idol just getting her first TV drama. The latter will still be sensitive. I think even SYJ would say that she was once at that point in her life as well.

Even on the off-chance that she retires now, she will go down as one of the most prolific actresses in the history of the Korean entertainment industry and no negative comments can ever dispute that. 

6 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

Meanwhile SYJ recently got beautiful flowers  - not confirm if from fans or endorsement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM6zjpQlf2R/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Is it just me or the background music is one of the songs from SITR?

• Like 1

I am part of this thread because my interest is in Yejin's incredible acting ability. I came to know her in January of 2020. Since then I've watched everything she has done (except Sunhee and Jinhee) including CLOY twice, Classic 3x, Be With You 3x, and several others twice. I do not have an interest in her CFs and personal romance. There are those who want to know every detail of her life and others like me who want to see her acting. This forum can handle all types of interest in Yejin. I simply bypass the posts I'm not interested in and look for the posts that have information about her acting.

I might compare this to my interest in Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls back in the day. I avidly watched his games, but I knew nothing of his CFs and personal life.

Anxiously awaiting another Yejin film or drama!

AHC China (new ad pic)

ahc4.jpg

Some behind the scenes of her Korean 200 photoshoot/video shoot was posted on both instagram and facebook. I will only post some of the pics -You can find the rest on facebook

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNE8U6cHD29/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://t.co/SYiGzQnqGh?amp=1

korean200-2.jpg

korean200-4.jpg

Spoiler

korean200-1.jpg

korean200-3.jpg

On 3/24/2021 at 5:47 AM, slowpoked said:

She looks so different in the Valentino photoshoot! If I'm not too familiar with her and only casually watch her, I wouldn't know it's SYJ.

I love that a brand finally had SYJ portray a bolder, fiercer image.  SYJ's image in advertising usually tends towards the soft and feminine (is that the case for most female celebs? I have no idea as I don't follow others), and that's fine and safe, which is perhaps what most brands want, but it's so much more interesting to see her presented as something bolder and different.

I remember SYJ once said she didn't think she could portray a femme fatale well (is it cause of Open City? have not watched that yet), but I would love to see her give it another try sometime with a good script and a good director, especially as I love noir.  

On 3/30/2021 at 8:24 AM, slowpoked said:

I think as you grow older and in the business for too long, eventually you just learn to brush off negative comments. Yes, it hurts in the beginning, but it's part of the business, and you eventually learn that some people are just inherently mean - you just can't please everybody. SYJ is at that point in her career and personal life that she can ignore those negative comments and still be generally well liked by most everyone in the industry. She's stable and steady. Of course there will be a difference in how an SYJ would handle such situation vs. say, a new idol just getting her first TV drama. The latter will still be sensitive. I think even SYJ would say that she was once at that point in her life as well.

Absolutely.  I think a lot of us can identify with similar feelings as we grow up and hopefully mature and blossom.  As SYJ herself said, she picks 30s SYJ over 20s SYJ because she realised she was able to be less sensitive/more confident in her 30s compared to when she was younger and working hard to establish herself as an actor in a tough industry.  I'm glad she was able to feel freer in her 30s.  You can't live your life on other people's terms or focused on what others think of you.  I love what she said in the Glass interview about valuing yourself, finding something you love and working hard towards it.  Wise words. 

From what I read from her, SYJ also strikes me as a person with good EQ.  I was impressed by her professionalism and maturity even around the age of 20 in one of her oldest interviews I've watched of hers that filmed her on a work day.  And I really enjoyed a recent translation by a fan on twitter of an article from some years ago, written by SYJ's longtime pilates instructor who felt compelled to set the record straight about SYJ and her warm heart, after reading some hurtful untrue stuff written about her which SYJ just laughed off but bothered the instructor.  Could definitely relate to what the instructor wrote.  Some good insights into SYJ's character.  So true what she said about the difference between those who truly show commitment and focus and those who don't, and how SYJ showed it every day for years.  Lots of respect for her work ethic.  The stories she shared about SYJ's kindness and thoughtfulness for her teachers were sweet, and that she never asked for any special treatment or discount.  SYJ's pilates gym is featured in her Master of the House episode for those interested.  I think she's a loyal person who really values good relationships built up over time considering how long she's stayed with her agency, gym, hair and makeup people etc. 

On 3/30/2021 at 8:24 AM, slowpoked said:

Is it just me or the background music is one of the songs from SITR?

Haha I still haven't finished SITR. Think I have to go back and watch it from the beginning again. That soundtrack was beginning to get on my nerves, the same song played way too much! 

Some quotes from her interview. Those who had paid for subscription. Got to see the interview online already through the app. There might have been a few stuff lost in translations. So those waiting for their Glass China issues are going to see if there were any differences. Some stuff from interview seemed like it could be old. There was mention of wanting to work HB again - I think it was more related to TN time and before they got to work again in CLOY

She also said nothing much changed from her daily life routine except she can't travel abroad. 

She also can't share much about Cross - I think also due to the covid situation and she has been in similar situations with other past projects (Nakrang Club, Agent Zero and My Way) - projects she didn't do in the end due to various different reasons. The Last Princess was delayed too back then but it all worked out since SYJ/msteam also invested and she worked with dir.  Hur Jin-Ho again. Plus not to mention she won many awards for The Last Princess. Everything lately in Korea is announced closer to filming - finalizing cast etc. //due to covid situation - filming locations are harder to confirm. Others have mentioned this problem-struggle while filming their recent projects and it causes delays while they are filming. 

Sam Worthington is also done his play in Australia in less than  2 weeks. Not sure what he is planning on doing after his play is done but he also had another film that was suppose to be shot in Philippines last year - not sure if it actually ended up filming last year in the summer. 

On 3/31/2021 at 10:25 AM, Seriya said:

I remember SYJ once said she didn't think she could portray a femme fatale well (is it cause of Open City? have not watched that yet), but I would love to see her give it another try sometime with a good script and a good director, especially as I love noir.  

If you want to see SYJ as a bad girl, then this is that movie. She smokes a lot in this movie, a total villain, etc. But other than that, the movie is not good. It's also one of my least favorite acting performances from her. I don't know if her speaking manner here was a conscious choice, but it was one of the parts of the movie that annoyed me. 

On 3/31/2021 at 10:25 AM, Seriya said:

Haha I still haven't finished SITR. Think I have to go back and watch it from the beginning again. That soundtrack was beginning to get on my nerves, the same song played way too much! 

Where did you stop? Because SITR, to me, is like two separate dramas. The first half was glorious and excellent, while the second half is an abomination altogether. So if you finished the first half, you probably already got the best part of the series anyway. You may want to just finish it for curiosity's purposes to see how it ends. But unlike CLOY, it doesn't get better as it reached the finish line - it actually got worse. 

And yes, I agree with you the soundtrack got too repetitive. And I'm not really sure how SBYM really fits the theme of the drama. I'm not one to hinge if a drama is good due to the music, but SITR is one example where better choices on the soundtrack would have helped elevate it (of course, the main aspect would have been the writing as well). But juxtapose the soundtrack with CLOY, and it's just no contest. And I didn't even understand a single song in CLOY, but it was much more impactful than the English songs I know and understand in SITR.

@puan iryantie fun staurant is so fun! lol. I hope one day SYJ makes an appearance whether it is a video call or a mention in fun staurant, their vlogs or LMJ's variety show Upgrade Human

YAY She updated :)

nature-sns.jpg

One afternoon when the sunset is beautiful

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNSDgASny98/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 4:25 AM, slowpoked said:

Where did you stop? Because SITR, to me, is like two separate dramas. The first half was glorious and excellent, while the second half is an abomination altogether. So if you finished the first half, you probably already got the best part of the series anyway. You may want to just finish it for curiosity's purposes to see how it ends. But unlike CLOY, it doesn't get better as it reached the finish line - it actually got worse.

I stopped about halfway.  Not because I disliked it or anything, I just went through a busy period and haven't picked it up again yet.  CLOY and SITR are two very different kind of dramas of course, and I actually do like more realistic life dramas as well, but I didn't feel as compelled to go straight to the next episode with SITR as I did with CLOY.  Even though I relate on some levels to Jinah in SITR, Seri is more my speed.  That said, I haven't watched Jinah's journey to the end and presumably she'll have her journey of growth.  I will finish SITR for sure as I do like SYJ in this role and I like seeing her in a substantial role, and the drama holds my interest for the most part, though I am finding that kdrama can drag a bit sometimes due to the longer episodes.  I did find CLOY pacing to be good, but that may be an exception. 

I will say I found the first half of CLOY to be somewhat stronger than the second, that is I thought the part set in NK was stronger.  Maybe cause there was more a balance of the comedy and the melo, and then as it progressed it turned into mostly melo.

I do really want to see SYJ in a good comedy after seeing her comedic chops as Seri.  And I think a good comedy or a lighter project would be a good work to deliver in these challenging times for the world.  Not that I don't want to see her in a movie about a Very Serious Subject loved by critics either lol.  To be in something as acclaimed as Minari.  A smart, fearless, uninhibited female comedy with her buddy Gong Hyo Jin could be fun. 

On 4/2/2021 at 4:25 AM, slowpoked said:

And yes, I agree with you the soundtrack got too repetitive. And I'm not really sure how SBYM really fits the theme of the drama. I'm not one to hinge if a drama is good due to the music, but SITR is one example where better choices on the soundtrack would have helped elevate it (of course, the main aspect would have been the writing as well). But juxtapose the soundtrack with CLOY, and it's just no contest. And I didn't even understand a single song in CLOY, but it was much more impactful than the English songs I know and understand in SITR.

Did they not have enough $$ to pay for more songs on SITR lol?  Or the director just really wanted to hammer it in?  I really enjoyed the soundtrack on CLOY too.  It's endlessly replayable like CLOY.

Cool that CLOY is going to be made into a musical.  But no, I don't think SYJ should be in it hehe. 

Nice to see SYJ out and about enjoying the outdoors.  Hopefully between the cap and mask, she can enjoy some privacy and freedom. 

Crocodile Ladies and Jenny House partnering up for this event :)

Crocodile Ladies, Son Ye-jin's model, Jenny House.
"Crocodile Ladies" of the fashion group Hyungji (CEO Choi Byung-oh) will form a partnership with "Jenny House Cosmetics" to hold a "Completion of Fashion is Hair" and spring style proposal exhibition. The partnership marketing was carried out against the background of the common ground that the two brands' exclusive models are Son Ye-jin. Actress Son Ye-jin has always been the talk of the town not only for her acting skills, but also for her clothes, hairstyles, and jewelry bags.

The two brands that use Son Ye-jin as a model will work together to hold a joint event, further amplifying the "Son Ye-jin effect." In addition, the intention is to create synergy by securing new customers for each other as well as promoting brands through partnerships between fashion and beauty industries, which have relatively less heterogeneity between industries.

Cho Do-yeon, director of sales at Crocodile Ladies, said, "Actress Son Ye-jin is a representative Hallyu star with high fandom not only in Korea but also abroad, which has a good fashion sense and affects sales as a clothing brand model ."

Meanwhile, Crocodile Ladies chose actress Son Ye-jin as the exclusive model for Crocodile Lady in February, the heroine of the drama 'Crash Landing On You' Wannabe star Son Ye-jin is introducing the new concept of women's casual wear. 

spacer.png

http://www.fashionbiz.co.kr/TN/?cate=2&recom=2&idx=183725

You can find it here on Crocodile Ladies instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNG4_GzFrJz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 2