[Drama 2010] Bad Guy/Bad Boy 나쁜남자

Guest denzai

Guest facing

Hi. I haven't watch this but plan to this weekend. I love Kim Nam Gil. I hope his drama will doing well.

Some small news that related to my favourtie actress.

This actress, I'm not sure what's her name, appear in bad guy last night and people thought she looks similar to YEH.

So you guys think she's similar? :D

20100527_1274918881_70109700_1.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kalchi

^ omo I was thinking Mo Ne looks like someone but can't figure out who is it now that you say it I see the similarity. Maybe it's the lips and her profile, it does look a little bit like Eun Hye.

[REVIEW] TV series "Bad Boy"

2010052716344542928_1.jpg

Actor Kim Nam-gil in a scene from TV series "Bad Boy" [sBS]

"Bad Boy" - One hour to taste the devilish charms

TV series "Bad Boy" - First episode (SBS TV, 9:55 PM)

"Where am I heading toward -- heaven or hell?" The character Gun-wook (played by Kim Nam-gil) made his entrance into the drama like an angel who fell from heaven. And in the last scene of the episode, he fell deep into the water as if he had fallen from hell. The premiere episode of SBS TV series "Bad Boy" was all about this fatally charming man who is hard to clearly define -- he has the face of an angel and, at the same time, of a devil.

The reason that Gun-wook approaches the character Monet (played by Jung So-min), the youngest daughter of the conglomerate Haeshin Group, is because he wants to plot revenge on the family for the brief period that he lived as Hong Tae-sung, the second son of Haeshin Group. Although the desire of the main female character Jae-in (played by Han Ga-in), who wants to gain power, is unveiled in a rather sophisticated way, the drama makes no special effort to explain the basic storyline and relationships between its characters. Instead, it focuses on using fancy visual work, like a music video, to repeatedly show a man who is scarred on both the inside and outside, and the women who are captivated by him. The images of his downfall, death and wounds are played out in variated forms. Stories that were divided up like pieces of a puzzle only fall into place at the end of the episode when the character reflects back on his past.

In this unfriendly story, the bad boy character Gun-wook in "Bad Boy" captivates every woman that he meets -- from a young child to older women to younger women. There are moments when the drama goes too over-the-top in describing the process. But aside from everything, if the producers are focusing on how to portray the extreme level of charm that this bad boy had, they have definitely succeeded. And in the second episode, actor Kim Jae-wook, who played a homosexual character in his previous drama but is still devilish in his charms, appears as the current Hong Tae-sung who shares the same fate with Shim Gun-wook and becomes his rival in everything. These two actors are enough to bring a whole ton of devilishness to the drama. Whether the devilish charms of the characters will be enough to lure viewers into watching the drama "Bad Boy" -- well, we will have to wait and see about that.

- Written by Yoonina (TV critic)

May 25, 2010

Will Kim, Han create magic thru 'Bad Boy'

By Han Sang-hee

Staff reporter

The teary-eyed heartthrob from the period drama "The Great Queen Seondeok'' Kim Nam-gil, joins one of the prettiest actresses in the business for a stylish plot of love, betrayal and revenge. Will this combination captivate viewers? Find out tonight with a brand new soap "Bad Boy'' on SBS.

Kim became a household name, not to mention one of the most sought after actors in the industry, after appearing as Bi-dam in the hit drama last year. After some commercials and a movie, the 29-year-old decided to return to the small screen as Shim Geon-wook, a heartless stuntman who knows how to deal with pretty girls with innocent hearts to achieve his goal.

"(Shim is) an innocent but bad guy,'' he said during a press conference last week.

Shim is adopted by a rich family that owns Haeshin Group, one of the biggest and richest companies in the country. But when the young Shim is abandoned by his own family due to a misunderstanding, he vows to destroy everything they have and win back the love and fortune he was once promised. "You can't hate him because while his actions may be based on vengeance; he's actually lonely and is longing for love. I'm actually trying to focus on my acting instead of trying to look good this time,'' Kim said.

The role of Bi-dam was indeed a huge break for Kim, and many guessed that Kim would be worried it might somehow overshadow him and hinder him from bringing something new to viewers. This was not really the case for Kim after all."I actually wasn't thinking of doing a drama after 'Seondeok.' The ratings were so good and I didn't think I would be able to find a character that would surpass Bi-dam. To be honest, I think this role is quite similar: the character and even the acting,'' he confessed. "So after talking with the director, I thought it would be better if I could bring a more mature version of what viewers are used to seeing, if it was impossible to change the character completely.''

His decision was clear, for he was sporting the same long hair, mustache and mischievous smile at the press event. Meanwhile, television fans will also get to meet another star who left the small screen for quite some time. Han Ga-in will appear as Kim's love interest Mun Jae-in. This is Han's first drama in three years, and the news that she was returning to the small screen attracted reporters near and far, with more than 300 swarming the venue to take a closer look at the 28-year-old.

Mun is pretty, smart and ambitious, but lacks the perfect background. She turns toward Shim, but when she finds out that he's been disowned the family and its fortune, she quickly pulls herself together. Showing a stern and heartless face may be easy, but she finds herself caught between her ambitions to succeed and her affections toward the love of her life.

Han has appeared in a number of dramas since her debut in 2002, such as "Witch Amusement'' (SBS) and "Dr. Gang'' (MBC), but her performances didn't wow the audience. Along with stars such as Lee Na-young and Shin Min-a, it's true that she is more categorized as a "CF star,'' but Han wants to change that misconception. "I am not pretty at all in the drama. I'm a bit evil, even. I accepted the role in the drama because I wasn't scared to brush off my goddess image from commercials,'' she said.

For an actress, returning to either the big or small screen can be a burden, for younger and more talented newcomers instantly steal the spotlight. Han admitted she was worried to return after a three-year hiatus, but was more prepared than ever. "I have a hard time falling asleep these days but I promise I will show the best of me,'' she said laughing. The two actors may attract young viewers, but the drama is welcoming yet another, more experienced, actress to lead the story with a firmer grip.

Actress Oh Yeon-su will play Hong Tae-ra, the oldest daughter of the Haeshin Group. Hong lives a rather peaceful life with her husband and children, but feels a change of heart when she meets Shim. Her life is shattered as she falls for him, opening the door of revenge for Shim.

Oh may be in her late 30s, but she is charismatic and charming enough to play opposite with one of the hottest guys in the entertainment business. "There's a love scene, which made me and also my husband a bit nervous,'' she told reporters with a smile.

The tale of a love triangle, revenge and money will unfold tonight at 9:55.

Source: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr l yahoo.kr

Guest lucky_moon

Is it only me or the drama reminds me with MISA, KNG wearing the hat in ep2 preview reminds me with SJS and even HGI hairstyle exactly the same as ISJ :) but anyway kinda different with the revenge plot, finally in the last 5 minutes I was able to know who is the real HTS :) can't wait for ep2 ;)

I just watched the first episode subbed on Viikii and this drama has me hooked. It's so damn intriguing the mystery of who he is and what he is up to....I am confused and I really really like that.

The drama reminds me of 'The Devil', (a great great crime-mystery starting Eom Tae-woong and Joo Ji-hoon) that was so damn good in acting, directing, and writing Bad Guy in it's first ep is already just as awesome and I am really looking forward to how things unravel.

I am confused. Is he the real Hong and was abandoned by his family when the fake Hong came along and now he is trying to seduce his sisters to get revenge on this family o_0? Or he just want revenge for their taking him from his family and then abandoning him/them with nothing when they finished using him?

Guest silverdreamer

I don't really understand, was he mistaken for the family's real son and then abandoned? Or is he really the family's son but abandoned for other reasons?

Thanks for the links everyone.

Bad Guy is my fav dish kind of story. It does not reminds me of the Devil, MISA but once I watched the trailer it looks like my fav japanese drama, Millions Stars Falling From The Sky. Woman pesona, evilish pesona, seducing woman, etc.

This drama is not ur typical revenge types. It has more dimension, intensity, intriguing in a subtle way and depth more than you can imagine. Even IRIS, The Devil can't match this up I suppose.

The thing that have made me hesitated is Han Ga In acting. Erm.... I remembered how Im So Jun left me a very immense impression once I laid my eyes on her. But we can only wait.

I just hope the first page can be edited/organized more formally i.e like others threads which included links, recaps, news etc.

Thanks so much again.

The most anticipated drama for me this year.

Bad Guy is such a good drama...I wish I have more time to participate in the thread.

The drama is filmed so beautifully...it takes my breath away...hehe....

Some pictures from episode 2...

badguy2n1a.jpg

badguy2n2a.jpg

badguy2n3a.jpg

badguy2n4a.jpg

badguy2n5a.jpg

badguy2n6a.jpg

badguy2n7as.jpg

Pictures from last 10 minutes of episode 2 ...my favorite part of the episode....

badguy2n1.jpg

badguy2n2.jpg

badguy2n3.jpg

badguy2n4.jpg

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

Wow this looks like those original intense Korean melodramas with the whole revenge and plotting and bad men and stuff. Should be interesting, although it's not my type of drama. Btw, all the photos are not working haha. Kim Nam Gil will be epic, I'm so sure!!!!!!! ^o^ LOVED him in Queen Seon Deok!

-edit-

I just saw the screenshots above. Han Gain looks really pretty. He...needs to shave off that mustache, cut his hair, and lose the pauper hat =(

Guest FLovR

yay!the screencaps seem really good :lol:

cant wait watching the 2nd ep.kim nam gil!!you're sooo cool~ LOL!

Guest itsonlykat

Bad Guy is my fav dish kind of story. It does not reminds me of the Devil, MISA but once I watched the trailer it looks like my fav japanese drama, Millions Stars Falling From The Sky.

Yes, the first time I saw it, it reminded me of Million Stars Falling From the Sky. My favorite Japanese drama. :D

Thank you semi-fly for the torrent links!!

i'm not sure if this question was already asked but is anyone subbing this drama? :)

The awesome WITHS2 are gonna sub it <3

Episode 2 was just as good as episode 1! But I've got a question... the main guy isn't related to the ppl he's planning to take revenge on right? If I got it right... He's got the same name as the other guy so he was mistaken as the other, but I don't get why there was a need for an adoption in the first place. Can anyone enlighten me on that?

And yay to the ratings! They seem pretty good :D I hope they'll soar once Cinderella Sister ends!

Guest HYDE_IST

Is it only me or the drama reminds me with MISA, KNG wearing the hat in ep2 preview reminds me with SJS and even HGI hairstyle exactly the same as ISJ :) but anyway kinda different with the revenge plot, finally in the last 5 minutes I was able to know who is the real HTS :) can't wait for ep2 ;)

i heard the director (?) was the same person as MISA, so that may actually be why you might feel similarities.

really enjoying the series so far!

Guest Smelly Tofu

yay starting off with good ratings, i hope it grows through time, I love the way it was film. very nice lightings...good luck

Guest kim_bum_so_eun

This drama is really something. I can't take my eyes off the screen. It somehow remind me of The devil but Bad Guy is much more attrative and ...confusing I guess.The acting is good, especially Kim Nam Gil ( well I have no doubt about Kim Nam Gil acting from the beginning.He is just awsome)

Now I have to wait 1 more weeks to watch the next episode (: