Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest i'kogimaruCHA

liar game? i watched the drama. i enjoyed it.... is it an anime?

there's a drama for it..?? O__O i thought there was only a manga for it =o (sorry for replying so late ><)

--i finished darker than black!! (: i liked it more than i expected i would.<33 if anyone wanted to watch something that was like darker than black, i recommend black cat ;D the manga, not the anime. i guess the anime would work well too but... the anime went much deeper ;D i forgot how it ended though @_@

actually, black cat seemed much less intense than darker than black. -___o

i don't think anyone here didn't watch/read black cat yet since it's one of the basics (at least.. for me xDD i watched everything with a hot guy -blushes-) but i might as well spread train heartnet love :D

-spark

there's a drama for it..?? O__O i thought there was only a manga for it =o (sorry for replying so late ><)

--i finished darker than black!! (: i liked it more than i expected i would.<33 if anyone wanted to watch something that was like darker than black, i recommend black cat ;D the manga, not the anime. i guess the anime would work well too but... the anime went much deeper ;D i forgot how it ended though @_@

actually, black cat seemed much less intense than darker than black. -___o

i don't think anyone here didn't watch/read black cat yet since it's one of the basics (at least.. for me xDD i watched everything with a hot guy -blushes-) but i might as well spread train heartnet love :D

-spark

Ah hot guy ? lol I'm for bishies...

Yup Darker than Black surprised me too, like a hidden gem.

I just like slightly mysterious stuff. I tried ergo proxy it was beyond me......

the drama Liar Game:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/LIAR_GAME

but if you read it, I wouldn't suggest watching it. No surprises...

Right now I'm trying out Trinity Blood..not bad. very mysterious...I like the tone of Blue Drop as well.. but i just found it it's yuri O_O. I hate how the characters look very similar. D-gray man doesn't seem too bad. it's just very long. I'm also checking out blood+ since it's recommended here. Reminds me a bit of 12 kingdoms, but instead of an annoying girl, I find her bro more annoying...

SKIP BEAT!!! READ IT!

Synopsis: ...don't pay attention to it. When I first read the synopsis, I didn't think too highly of the series. BUT there is so, so much more to the "surface" premise.

I just needed somewhere to spazz XD It's SUCH a great series. If you love Glass Mask, you'll LOVE this series. If you don't love Glass Mask, you'll like this series as well lolz, because it has all the great things in Glass Mask (DRAMA, ACTING, the showbiz world), minus the not so great details of Glass Mask, such as wimpy female lead (the main female lead of SB is HILARIOUS - she's sweet, crazy, scary, weird, persistent, clueless, smart...the list goes on, and no, she doesn't have multi-personality disorder). The romance is REALLY, REALLY sweet - there are scenes that will make you squeal in delight. There is no black-and-white good/bad characters - no one is purely evil, and no one is purely saint, which makes it so great.

Don't judge the series by its STARTING storyline. The premise is only an excuse to expose our main character to a crazy ride of her life, one which she definitely enjoys, and so will we.

Does anyone know some PIRATE manga? Besides WANTED and One Piece?

One Piece never held my interest...

Sick of ninjas. Looking for smexy pirates!

Guest Aya_Moto

Hmm..I've been around alot.I have seen many things.

Anime:

Bokura Ga Ita

Bleach

Naruto

Full Metal Panic:The second Raid

Peach Girl

Pretear

Fushigi Yuugi

Fruits Basket

R.O.D

Haruka 8

Ayashi No Ceres

Marmalade Boy

Loveless

Ouran High School Host club

DNAngel

Flame Of Recca

Kare Kano

Gakuen Heaven

Hana Yori Dango

Manga:

Absolute Boyfriend

WallFlower

Skip Beat

+Anima

Fushigi Yuugi-Genbu Kaiden

Zombie Powder

Angel Dust

That's all I could think of at the moment.I'll post more when i think of them.

Guest ZeroFungus

hey i need a new anime to get into i watch bleach and naruto right now and i want a anime similar to those 2. anyone know any?

Guest Aya_Moto

@ZeroFungus: I heard Buso Renkin is like Bleach.

@babii3xquiisit3: Umm, I don't know if it's new or not, but you could try Saiunkoku Monogatari.

does anybody have any recommendations for animes with bishies :D

like the new(ish) ones? i seem to be behind on my anime ><

Gundam 00 is ALL bishies, the best bishies. ^^

*my current obsession* I watch every episode at least 3x~ huhu~

Guest simplirain

Anyone want to recommened me some hardcore funny anime? Ones that will actually make you ROTFL?

I already watch school rumble, azumanga diaoh and host club. Anymore? thanks xD

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

Can anybody please recommend any anime or manga's/manhwa that has really good drawings(hott guys^^) and is similar to the animes of:

- Sailor Moon

- Cardcaptor

- Full Moon o Sagashite

something like those anime/manga

I really can't find any like that.

Please PM me if you want!!<3

Thank you so much in advance.

Guest nayatrei

i'd recommend...

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST.

It's basically my favorite manga. It's really sad...

And also, I'd recommend Deathnote. It's so intense and dark and...braincapturing. Haha. But you should stop after a certain part, in my opinion--trust me, you'll know when.

Hikaru no Go is another of my favorites!

Happy reading! :)

Guest i'kogimaruCHA

^full metal alchemist!! =3 i double... triple... hundred-le it. (: i'd also like to recommend CHRONO CRUSADE<3 i thought it would be pretty stupid with the crazy outfit the girl was wearing, but after i read it.. oh my...... i was like... T_T moreeeeee!!! and besides, the father-guy is freaking melting hot. who doesn't like mangas with them in it? haha. andddd the art is pretty good (: no wait--not just pretty good--AWESOME good. ddang. i really look up to those people who draw so well!! the character body porportions are all purrfect.

-hem hem- enough of that.

m1ckyy_yoochun, you might want to read shugo chara? the cat guy's hot ;DD i haven't read it in a while... so maybe they all die in the end, who knows? ;3 (LOLS. I'M KIDDINGGGGG, I DIDN'T READ ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT >-<)

can anyone recommend me a sports manga? it seems that everytime i ask for a recommendation, everyone ignores me :ph34r: LOLS. and it doesn't have to just be sports, maybe about cooking.. yadda yadda... stuffs like that? heck, it could be about anything as long as the boy characters own/overpopulate the girls. PLEEASE. i watch animes and read mangas for the sake of men :D hooo~ i'm so honest<3 (and crazzzyy)

oh, but i already read: prince of tennis (of course), slam dunk (jk. but i tried and didn't like it mu..ch.. i'll watch it later probably), eyeshield 21 (woot woot!), cross over (whee!), beauty pop (haircutting counts as a sport, RIGHT?), ginban kaleido scope, yakitate!! japan (yum, bread!), beach stars, ookiku furikabutte (<3)... uh.. i can't remember anything else.

anyways. please make the main character a guy... plleeeaseee. or it can be a girl i guess, they can get pretty naruto-like :D

ty

-spark

Anyone want to recommened me some hardcore funny anime? Ones that will actually make you ROTFL?

I already watch school rumble, azumanga diaoh and host club. Anymore? thanks xD

Well.. I don't know what you consider funny, I have a different sense of humor.. But these anime made me laugh ^^ ::

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (epic story, many laughs~)

Minami-ke (randomness, like School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh, etc~ but much better imo.)

Lovely Complex (great romance comedy ^^)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (dark comedy and randomness.. but lol. ~ second season airing atm)

Kyou Kara Maou! (long, many fillers, but plenty of laughs and bishies^^)

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (slow plot, weird animation but I was rofl)

Karin (vampire romanic comedy, not hilarious but plenty amusing)

Lucky☆Star (more randomness like Minami-ke. but I will say not everyone would enjoy it.)

Clannad (not exactly a comedy, but I was lmao in some episodes ^^. ~ currently airing)

can anyone recommend me a sports manga? it seems that everytime i ask for a recommendation, everyone ignores me :ph34r: LOLS. and it doesn't have to just be sports, maybe about cooking.. yadda yadda... stuffs like that? heck, it could be about anything as long as the boy characters own/overpopulate the girls. PLEEASE. i watch animes and read mangas for the sake of men :D hooo~ i'm so honest<3 (and crazzzyy)

-spark

I'm not reading too many sports manga atm.. that have male main characters. lolz. oh have you read REAL? its basketball. I'm still on vol. 3 though..

I'm getting through Power!! too, its basically Hana Kimi with basketball, but its pretty interesting :3

I'll come back if I think of something else o.O;

If you like an EPIC anime and I mean EPIC OF COSMIC PROPORTIONS...

Go watch

- Bokura No

- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

2 of my faves so far right behind Death Note

Guest x_IS0YUM

I recommend..

ANIMAL YOKOCHO: its about a girl who discovers an animal world where she makes friends with a bunny, Iyo, a panda, Issa, and a bear, Kenta. it may sound corny as a plotline, but its so so funny & cute at the same time.

LOVELY COMPLEX: a romantic comedy about a tall girl, and a short guy. i love it :D.

&..

BARTENDER: its deep, and its beautiful. its about a bartender, Ryu, also called the glass of the gods, who prepares the perfect cocktails. The anime tells different stories while Ryu helps them through his job as a bartender.