Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest AkAmaster

can anyone recommend me some mangas/manhwas like claymore, deathnote, d grayman, etc?

or something like the bride of the water god?

i have a shortage of good mangas to read >......<

-thanks-

Guest i'kogimaruCHA

Oh myy! You've read like all my favorite mangas! >__<

That is except ginban kaleido scope, never read it.

But if you like sports, and don't mind if the drawings arent AMAZING, then I'd reccommend Hajime no Ippo.

But with that, I personally think it's better to read, I tried to watch stopped after three episode, and around a month later, I read it and fell in love! =____+

I'd also reccommend Hunter x Hunter, although it's not really a "sports" one, it's kinda like FMA, very good! =]

Oh! If you liek medical ones, Team Medical Dragon, is simply amazingg!

And last but not least, Initial D! This is an old one, but it's just like Hajime no Ippo to me.

Much better read, than watch.

I'd also re-reccommend Slam Dunk! It's a good manga, just the beginning is a bit draggy, I know what you're talking about.

I read it once up to like volume 2, but got sick of it. But then like 2 months later, I was bored so I decided to give it another chance, I loved it. It's just one of those mangas, you have to stay committed to, or else you won't get to the good parts. =]

Hope this helped you! ^^

ooo, i liked hunter x hunter too (: but then i forgot about it after i took the 'manga-break' so ty for reminding me xDD

hajime no ippo and Initial D--i remember seeing it a lot and it seems REALLY popular on some sites (hajime no ippo mostly =D) but i never read it since i never got a direct recommendation for those two, but i'll try them (: especially after you talked about them with so much enthusiasm xDD

i never heard of team medical dragon so i shall go check it out right now! :ph34r: (: thank youuuu soo much >3<

--edit]]

i'd like to recommend: soul eater--sooo hilarious and has much climax. and a plus: the guys are hot (yummmm >//<), and the girls are pretty *o* and then after a while, it gets really... teary and beautiful T^T it's shounen for teenage guys kindof sort of--my favorite category :D

annddd... sket dance/dan! i loooveedd this one. there isn't really a large plot and nothing too complicated, but the characters that appear are sooo danggg funny funny funny. and it isn't really like a series of "one shots" but more like... haha. never mind me. i'm too confusing @_@ just read it xD

LASTLY: mr full swing it's about baseball. and sometimes it gets pretty... sex...y..? dunno, but it's not hentai!! it's just ironic-sorta-funny-sorta-BEAUTIFUL -teardrop- it has all the elements that i love about in sports mangas: men, friendship, men. haha, i kid. but it has a good and large amount of characters and the main guy has that attractice CLICK that makes you root for him even though he's pretty stupid, and you anticipate a lot throughout the series--although only 15 chapters are out. =/ a lot has happened in those 15 chapters!! (but it's not fast-paced... kindasorta)

enddd.

[edit]

i also RE-recommend team medical dragon. i started reading it online.. and i just could not.. stop.. =O

-spark

Guest jello24

who wants to recommend me this.

a mature manga... thriller, horror, psycho, or hard action written for adults.

For example, ive read Gantz, MPD Psycho, Berserk, Battle Royale (personal favorite), 20th Century Boys, Monster and the like.

and uhh... it has to be "easily accessible" for me to obtain.

ive read Uzumaki and it made absolutely no sense, Kurozuka... everything from the Omanga group...

so yeah recommend me something mature.. and please, if you're gonna say death note, please dont. just... dont.

definitely Full Metal Alchemist one of the best plot lines ive seen...

its really deep, i was so obessed over it XD...love the anime

+

death note

a lot of people have probably already seen it, but still..its like the best manga ive read

the animes good too

Guest supertammie

I recommend Help!

It's a very short series (6 books long) but it's a good read.

Here's a summary from onemanga:

Kousaka Shin's ultimate dream is to become a doctor. So despite the facts that she is a cry baby, a coward, has a baby face, and only has an A cup--she is much more passionate about persuing her goals than others. One day her teacher, Abe-sensei, tells her she is not fit to be a doctor. From then on, a battle between them begins.

There's an added twist! Abe-sensei and Shin are neighbors! Now, her journey to becoming a doctor will be even more difficult than imagined!

Guest cozy_choco

does anyone know the title of a manhwa where there is this boy (i think) who is really famous but then, at home he's really nerdy and all no one knows it's him at school,etc.. except his sister i think...

if anyone knows please tell me... thanks

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I would highly recommend the anime

Uninhabited Planet Survive.

I've just finished watching it and I was SOOOO SATISFIED!! no loose endings or whatever.

Very good storyline, great characters, and dramatic with knee-slapping humor.

Guest Smileforjessie

can anyone recommend me a cute, romantic, comedy shoujo manga?

I've already read...

1000years of snow

fruits basket

chocolat

absolute boyfriend

imadoki! Nowadays

your my girlfriend

beauty

I just finished watching "Scrapped Princess" and I really enjoyed it. I have no idea if it's really old or not, but it had the funny, action, mystery, fantasy/mythological part and it was great for me.

Guest evanesco

If you guys like to read cute, light and comedy shounen-ai manga, I recommend all of mangas made by Shiho Sugiura sensei such as Koori no Mamono no Monogatari (The Ice-Cold Demon's Tale), Silver Diamond, Cinderella Boy... ^^

Another ones:

+Anima

W-Juliet

Cat Street

Rasen no Kakeru

Hikaru no Go (I like it most ^^)

Guest nisee

can anyone recommend me a cute, romantic, comedy shoujo manga?

I've already read...

1000years of snow

fruits basket

chocolat

absolute boyfriend

imadoki! Nowadays

your my girlfriend

beauty

i HIGHLY recommend Lovely Complex! absolutely fell in love with it. check out the anime while you're at it too.

Guest emceej

i highly recommend Yotsuba&! it's hella funny [=

if your into more teenage overrated love i recommened love hina and aishiteruze baby.

haha love hina is kinda more of a mature level. so i don't recommend it if your immature.

i've also read pita ten, azumanga daioh and kamichama karin.

i tried reading fruits basket but didn't really interest me .

Guest chibimarukochan

I haven't read many but the last one I read is something I'd highly recommend, which is, 'Mars.' I read this straight after seeing the Taiwanese Drama adaption and I can say I was very impressed. The show is very very close to the original manga, the dialogue almost identical. I was wondering where all those meaingful quotes came from! :sweatingbullets: Also, the manga artwork is very pleasant and pleasing. I would recommend it to older teens since it has this somewhat dark tone to it.

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Does anyone know of a action/adventure/shounen series that I can watch??

I mean like Bleach, DGray man, Naruto, and such. Thnx.

Guest bubbleluv

I recommend

Mai Hime ..... is there a thread on it btw ??

i absolutely LOVE this, and the not-so-sequal sequal mai-otome, they are both so great! i watched the zwei too but it's so short... sigh...

other animes i like are:

hunterXhunter

slam drunk

fruit basket

wallflower

death note

gakuen alice

and damekko doubutsu, this is sooo cute~~ consists of 26 very short (~5min) clips about a useless wolf lol~~ it's just awww throughout~~ you can find it at crunchyroll.com

right now i really want to try serial experiments lain

Guest x SaRaNg HaE x

I just finished watching Ghost Hunt, Nodame Cantabile, and La Corda d'Oro.

The first two were really good, but La Corda d'Oro was worth watching because of the hot guys. :lol:

EDIT 3/07--

I finished Romeo x Juliet in 2 days, 24 episodes so 12 hours. I neglected my homework really badly. =___=

But, it's seriously the best anime I've ever seen, and by far my favorite shoujo of all time.

Go watch it.