Quantcast
Godotology

Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Guest x_IS0YUM

I recommend..

ANIMAL YOKOCHO: its about a girl who discovers an animal world where she makes friends with a bunny, Iyo, a panda, Issa, and a bear, Kenta. it may sound corny as a plotline, but its so so funny & cute at the same time.

LOVELY COMPLEX: a romantic comedy about a tall girl, and a short guy. i love it :D.

&..

BARTENDER: its deep, and its beautiful. its about a bartender, Ryu, also called the glass of the gods, who prepares the perfect cocktails. The anime tells different stories while Ryu helps them through his job as a bartender.

Guest jadey

Hmmm... some more that I recommend:

-Full Metal Alchemist - VERY VERY touching storyline, makes me cherish my bros

-Claymore - What's better than a bunch of blade-wielding fighter girls? Storyline is deep too

-Death Note - Probably 90% of you guys have already seen/read it. Very intense anime that had me at the edge of my seats in every single episode... up till a point

-Yakitate Japan! - A very unique and extremely funny anime about bread. It makes me hungry.

Guest LastRain

One of the wayyyyyyyy underrated anime of all times is Monster. I forgot the author, but it's truly thrilling. One of the most complicated, brilliant anime of all times. Seriously, Bleach and Naruto are like little kids anime compared to that one. Anyone who is a fan of suspense, action, mystery and A LOT more content other than repetitive crap.

lol, they should pay me commercial fee XD

Guest nim

One of the wayyyyyyyy underrated anime of all times is Monster. I forgot the author, but it's truly thrilling. One of the most complicated, brilliant anime of all times. Seriously, Bleach and Naruto are like little kids anime compared to that one. Anyone who is a fan of suspense, action, mystery and A LOT more content other than repetitive crap.

lol, they should pay me commercial fee XD

They kind of are for kids, while Monster is seinen *lol*

Monster ~manga~ is pretty interesting too. Although I'm not a seinen fan I'd still give it a 8.5/10... (Too bad there's no bishies~)

Hey, I need help!Really, like serious..I need to know what this scan is from!

No matter how hard I look at that page, which looks very familiar, I can't put my finger on it ><; Its very likely a Ribon manga but I can't come up with any names now..

Guest lucky_moon

can someone recommend some comedy romcance animes ..new one for this year.. so that I can find it on BT.. I don't want old animes..

Guest iPanda

Hey, I need help!Really, like serious..I need to know what this scan is from!

The manga is called "Cherry Juice." (:

Guest nim

can someone recommend some comedy romcance animes ..new one for this year.. so that I can find it on BT.. I don't want old animes..

eh... there aren't any new ones this season,, that are any good... April will be great though ><

can anyone recommend me a historical type of anime?

the one which is sad..with romance...can have a bit of troublesome stuff too!~

cuz i'm watching one now..

Le Chevalier D'Eon!~

can anyone recommend me a sports manga? it seems that everytime i ask for a recommendation, everyone ignores me :ph34r: LOLS. and it doesn't have to just be sports, maybe about cooking..

ty

have you tried Whistle ? It's about soccer, and it's mostly boys--- there are very few annoying girls in it, mostly cool ones.. you can read it online, too.

do you read yaoi/shounen ai? because one of my favorites is Antique Bakery.

Guest nuwera

For Animes, I'd recommend the following:

Full Metal Alchemist

Ghost Hunt

Ouran Host Club

That's all I can think of right now :)

--angel

Guest ahukame

can someone reccomend any good romance/vampire manga's/ anime?? O__O?? hehe

other than vampire knight, which i'm reading right now

thanks =]]

Guest HappyExpress

can someone recommend me an anime similar to Fruits basket or 12 kingdom?

Guest twilight1412

to the person who requested a good sport's anime/manga?

i recommend ....

EYESHIELD21!!!! OMG BEST SPORTS MANGA EVER!!!

Guest i'kogimaruCHA

^agreed. hiruma is a sexy man xDDD

oh, i'm "chuppy!" (just in case the people i'm replying to are wondering who the heck i am.. ><)

nim: haha, i like power (: it's the "girl got game", right? >//< i like your definition of "basically hana kimi with basketball." LOLS. but i haven't read real yet, so thank you!! xD O_O =OOOO (: -smiles-

MythnoonA: ohh, thanks for reminding me about whistle!<33 i had a feeling like there was a major sports manga i missed and i couldn't put my finger on it... xDDD thank you~!!

oh, i'd like to recommend: fight no akatsuki! (: it's a touching series. i was crying throughout the entire thing ToT -extremely touched- maybe i already recommended that.. hm... i tend to forget @__@ and one of the series i got back on is majin tantei nougami neuro<3 (at least.. that's the majority of the title xD) i probably recommended that too earlier on, but heh~ and i recommend reading the manga series rather than watching the anime. it's not that the anime series sucked or anything or is on a lower status, but i think the manga has more.. hm.. character depth<3

i began watching the shoujo stuffers (or.. i'm pretty sure it goes somewhere around that category... maybe a subcategory or division of it.. haha.. o.O) like clannad and true tears. i actually started watching them cause i liked the song. :D but yepp, later on the girls got on my nerves and the guy didn't release enough phermones on the girl. rAWRRRRR~!!! but i still liked it (: since it's been a while since i watched some shoujo ^__^

umm, and i also recommend bamboo blade (: the first episode was HILARIOUS. like... BEYOND HILARIOUS ;D annd...

p2 let's play ping pong. xDD so cute >///< and one of the guys is hot :phew: my type, yepp~

hm, ookiku furikabutte. even for people who stray away from sport mangas, this is a MUST READ. it's one of the best sports mangas ><

off to read >:] he he he

---edit<<

are there any good KOREAN manhwas out? lol, it's not like i'm trying to avoid japanese mangas, and i'm not racist (really!! :ph34r: ) but i'm actually looking for some good ones to translate =x

Ah hot guy ? lol I'm for bishies...

Yup Darker than Black surprised me too, like a hidden gem.

I just like slightly mysterious stuff. I tried ergo proxy it was beyond me......

the drama Liar Game:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/LIAR_GAME

but if you read it, I wouldn't suggest watching it. No surprises...

Right now I'm trying out Trinity Blood..not bad. very mysterious...I like the tone of Blue Drop as well.. but i just found it it's yuri O_O. I hate how the characters look very similar. D-gray man doesn't seem too bad. it's just very long. I'm also checking out blood+ since it's recommended here. Reminds me a bit of 12 kingdoms, but instead of an annoying girl, I find her bro more annoying...

T^T i'm so touched right now; you replied back and i didn't check back T_T -bonks my head-

lols, ergo proxy was beyond me too x__X;

i think i will check out the drama for liar game too, though(: since only the first volume was translated for the manga (at least.. when i last read it X_X)

ty(:

-spark

i'kogimaruCHA- lol i forgot i replied back to you...

manhwa: My fav. is Skip Beat (about revenge in a comical sense. the girl is so weird and funny. She attempts to become an actress for revenge on her childhood friend - who has become a successful singer), Chocolat - I'm such a fangirl so this was so funny to read. It's about fangirling XD. The writers or whatever you call them made it based on their fangirling experiences with g.o.d's fan club.. hm... I like a lot of others but I don't remember them.....

I need another anime, but not sure what i want this time. I'm not really in a dark mood, but I'm not in a silly mood either... anything new this season that caught ppl's eye?

Guest i'kogimaruCHA

^ =( i don't really watch any animes. T_T LOLS, i like skip beat [: but i actually *paused* from reading it for a while, so ty for reminding me >3< and i also like how you gave me a quick synopsis/summary of it

soompi people these days.. tsk tsk... so professional :rolleyes:

hmm, anyways!! animeeee... i can only think of the ones that are going to come out this spring. i.e.: soul eater. my goodness that manga's full of hotness<3 so maybe you could read the manga while waiting for the anime to come out? haha, dunno... but it's a must-read ;]

paradise kiss was a good anime. actually, it gets quiteeee... mushy-mushy, but oh wells. actually, i think the manga tends to be moreeee... funny (;

hope that helped X;

[edit]

oh wait, none of that are new.... T_T wahh. :tears: sorreeee </33

-spark

Guest alainachen_604

I ADOREE THE SAD CHIBI ANIMES..

Sola

Kanon 2006

Air :tears:

gahhhhh; lol yeah WATCH THEMM!

Guest Q_Park

Underated Mangas:

Spicy Pink

Bloody Kiss

Midnight Secretary

Chocolate Cosmos

Full House Kiss

The Gentleman's Alliance Cross

- Kyu

Guest sharleh

Man, I love reading manhwa and manga when I'm bored,

passes the time eh?

-Ares (manhwa) <--- currently obsessed over it O_O

-DNAngel <-- is amazing

-Rurouni Kenshin <-- I liked it

-Cardcaptor Sakura <-- I love the art and the story- tis' amazing

-Goong (manhwa) <-- who can resist Shin and Chae?

-Death Note <-- L is awesome man, and kira just owns you all XD

Yep, that's all the manga/manhwa I can remember... I have terrible memory.

Guest jenniee

Recommendss ~

DNangel : cute plot line. xD

Naurto : action packed and funn~

Death Note : Really suspenseful and makes you wanna keep readingg.

Fruit Basktet : romance, comdeny. momiji <3