Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest Shini

can someone recommend some manga that is action and adventure with romance? something fantasy would be great. or some manga with demons?

I'd say Alice 19th or Vampire Knight...both really good..Alice 19th has fantasy + action + romance...perfect mix

Ah..by the way, anyone know a good manga? Something like Special A/Vampire Knight/Fruits Basket....or even Ouran High school~ !

I'd say Alice 19th or Vampire Knight...both really good..Alice 19th has fantasy + action + romance...perfect mix

Ah..by the way, anyone know a good manga? Something like Special A/Vampire Knight/Fruits Basket....or even Ouran High school~ !

I've finished Alice 19th already and really liked it! I have yet to read Vampire Knight though. Thanks for the recommendation~

How about Skip Beat? It seems like a pretty popular manga. Or you could try Hoshi wa Utau/Twinkle Stars which is a series by the same author as Fruits Basket! :)

Guest ColdSummerSky69

can anybody recommend me an anime that is like..."serious" in w/e genre it is. like deathnote & claymore

im really new to anime stuff x.x

thank you~

Guest Justalilodreamer

i'm in a "stupid shoujo/bishounen mood" after watching wallflower. any recs? besides ouran high school host club?

have you read Special A? the anime comes out in april 6th or something but you can find the manga at onemanga.com or evil empire. i personally think the manga drawing looks ALOT better than the anime, the anime looks kind off o_o

Guest Shini

I've finished Alice 19th already and really liked it! I have yet to read Vampire Knight though. Thanks for the recommendation~

How about Skip Beat? It seems like a pretty popular manga. Or you could try Hoshi wa Utau/Twinkle Stars which is a series by the same author as Fruits Basket! :)

Ohh =O Thanks i'll read them!

have you read Special A? the anime comes out in april 6th or something but you can find the manga at onemanga.com or evil empire. i personally think the manga drawing looks ALOT better than the anime, the anime looks kind off o_o

Serious?? Oh sweet!! Thank you! I love that manga. She's so oblivious.... can't wait :D

Yeah I think the manga drawing is a lot better than the anime (for wallflower) but i just love the storyline.

I'm bored in our house.

I have nothing to do, so, i just wanna watch anime.

Romantic, comedy and drama are the genres.

I'm not into robot fight/magic/powers kind of anime.

Just a plain love story.

Like,

Marmalade Boy, Gravitation and Bokura Ga ita.

And, can you recommend where can i watch one?

with good quality and complete episodes.

for example, youtube, veoh and crunchyroll?

Thanks in Advance! smile.gif

Guest LadyTwilyte

Manga: DNAngel or GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)?

I'm familiar with both anime but not so much with the manga. Please recommend one for me.

Guest negitoro

im looking for a good shounen manga.

i really like sport mangas, action, medical, etc.

and i love the mangas where the main char. is really good at whatveer the manga is about!

but i've read A LOT, so please suggest as much as you know.

ahhaha

some ive read are: hajime no ippo, team medical dragon, slma dunk, POT, hunter x hunter, one piece, eyeshield 21, yakitate japan, naruto, beauty pop, skip beat, FMA, mr. fullswing, HSDK, monster, balck cat, and a lto more! .____.

I love 'expertise' mangas too! How about Hikaru no Go? Or maybe Beck? Or the Adachi baseball mangas (Touch, H2, Cross Game)? Of course, there's always Captain Tsubasa LOL

Guest tokix7

It's not shounen, but have you tried Crimson Hero? It's a sports manga about volleyball. It's about a girl named Nobara who loves to play volleyball, but then is told that she is to inherit and serve in her family's business. She goes against it and decides to join a school known for their popular volleyball team.

oh!

ive read this before but once i caught up to the recent ones, i didnt feel like waiting for the new realeases, so i stopped. O_O

I love 'expertise' mangas too! How about Hikaru no Go? Or maybe Beck? Or the Adachi baseball mangas (Touch, H2, Cross Game)? Of course, there's always Captain Tsubasa LOL

ive read both HnG and beck... ahahah

i remember i tried to read H2 a while ago, but it got kinda boring..

but i'll go check it out again. =]

i've tried to read captain tsubasa too!

LOLOLL...

While growing old and waiting for Skip Beat scans to come out, I'm in desperate need of something similar to read. Cat Street (not very similar, but is something i was reading as well) seems to stop altogether (the scanlation, that is). Can someone recommend something similar to those two? i.e.:

- funny, refreshing (Skip Beat was REALLY refreshing. It's like Glass Mask w/ more humor and whack and w/o the dramatic WTF XD)

- dramatic in a good way (Cat Street = Hana yori dango = full of win :D cat street is not over the top dramatic and is more subtle than HYD but still dramatic in my book XD)

While I'm at it: people should all go read NODAME CANTABILE. The best thing ever since...well, Skip Beat XD

p.s.: i have averse feelings towards anything Yuu Watase, Ai Yazawa, or Chie Shinohara, so none of those please XD I also need to finish Fruits Basket, Lovely Complex, Ouran, and Kare Kano, so something different would be great XD XD Koukou Debut was good until chapter 17...so that won't do either :(

Sorry to be a picky bi.tch T________T

Thank you <3

Oh, and:

i remember i tried to read H2 a while ago, but it got kinda boring..

Adachi is THE MAN XD maybe you can try other series, like ROUGH? or his recent one, Katsu! ?:D ADACHI IS THE MAN :D :D :D (he is, really)

While growing old and waiting for Skip Beat scans to come out, I'm in desperate need of something similar to read. Cat Street (not very similar, but is something i was reading as well) seems to stop altogether (the scanlation, that is). Can someone recommend something similar to those two? i.e.:

- funny, refreshing (Skip Beat was REALLY refreshing. It's like Glass Mask w/ more humor and whack and w/o the dramatic WTF XD)

- dramatic in a good way (Cat Street = Hana yori dango = full of win :D)

While I'm at it: people should all go read NODAME CANTABILE. The best thing ever since...well, Skip Beat XD

p.s.: i have averse feelings towards anything Yuu Watase, Ai Yazawa, or Chie Shinohara, so none of those please XD I also need to finish Fruits Basket, Lovely Complex, Ouran, and Kare Kano, so something different would be great XD XD Koukou Debut was good until chapter 17...so that won't do either :(

Thank you <3

Oh, and:

Adachi is THE MAN XD maybe you can try other series, like ROUGH? or his recent one, Katsu! ?:D ADACHI IS THE MAN :D :D :D (he is, really)

Maybe you will like Matsuri Special by Kamio Youko, same mangaka of Cat Street. Maybe Beauty Pop, Beauty is the Beast, and Hana Kimi might perk your interest, although I don't think they are "dramatic" enough (dramatic to me is works by Souryo Fuyumi, but her works are generally not under comedy). I think the manga that fits funny and dramatic is Kimi wa Petto (be warned it's mature as well).

^ wa, thanks so much! I didn't know she came out with a new series :D im reading it - it's great! Always trust Kamio sama <3

i was reading Beauty Pop last year up to where the scans were...I guess I should catch up. It's cute, but didn't impress me much.

The first few volumes of Hana Kimi had terrible art, but the drama was quite entertaining so I should get past the beginning and read on...?:D HYD had the same problem. Kamio improved a lot!

Souryo Furumi! I read MARS and loved it! I don't know if any of her other works are around. Will try to find ^_^

I saw the cover for Kimi wa Petto long ago while looking up the drama (with Jun), but the art didn't appeal to me. I heard that the story was interesting :D but...yeah...:D

random recommendations: HONEY AND CLOVER is awesome XD everybody must have read it already by now, but it doesn't hurt to bring it up ^_^

Wallflower was great until chapter...59 something? I haven't caught up, but if it stops dragging on by now, it should be good again :D very funny and different.

Guest LukChaTastic

anime:

blood+

darker than black

gundam 00

wallflower

nodame cantabile (live action is also good)

prince of tennis

- dramatic in a good way (Cat Street = Hana yori dango = full of win :D cat street is not over the top dramatic and is more subtle than HYD but still dramatic in my book XD)

Thank you <3

Oh, and:

perhaps "wallflower"? it has that "weird girl" vibe... i agree with beauty pop too.

Guest jepho*

i absolutely recommend eyeshield 21! especially for football fans : )

it's definitely humorous as well :D

YA HA!

hiruma-san DEMANDS you to check it out...or else he'll start pulling them gunz out.