Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest daisie

This will have been done before, but I recommend...

KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN! READ IT AS IF YOU WERE TO DIE!!

(XD you'll understand that if you check it out).

Honestly, it's the only manga I've ever read where I've liked every single one of the characters. They're all so individual and quirky.

It's about a young boy called Tsuna who is chosen to be the tenth boss of a mafia family called Vongola. The family send over their best assassin, Reborn, to train him. It takes a while for any proper storyline to appear (around chapter 60 I'd say), but up until then it's still very entertaining.

There's some seriously sexy characters too. :ph34r:

This will have been done before, but I recommend...

KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN! READ IT AS IF YOU WERE TO DIE!!

(XD you'll understand that if you check it out).

Honestly, it's the only manga I've ever read where I've liked every single one of the characters. They're all so individual and quirky.

It's about a young boy called Tsuna who is chosen to be the tenth boss of a mafia family called Vongola. The family send over their best assassin, Reborn, to train him. It takes a while for any proper storyline to appear (around chapter 60 I'd say), but up until then it's still very entertaining.

There's some seriously sexy characters too. :ph34r:

OMG, I LOVE THIS SERIES!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I second this recommendation!! Read it if you haven't already! Yeah, the storyline may take awhile to pick up in the beginning but it's just introducing all the characters. :) And when it picks up, it gets sooo good~~!! gokudera=love :blush:

Guest bunniecuppycakez

Hi everyone!

Has anyone read Vampire Knight(manga) in here? can anyone recommend me a manga that's somewhat like vampire knight? (aka supernatural, shojo, romance, etc.)

Thanks!

Guest jenniee

would somebody recommend some romantic comedy to me? :)

short, please :D 2-30 episodes, maybe?

here's my list:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hagu

I'm looking for a romance manga series.

(: a vampire one and a gang banging manga series.

or basically a high school romance. I haven't found any good ones lately

so any recommendations for me?

-- lisa

i recommend absolute girlfriend and hana kimi.

its kinda boring in the beginning (as all mangas are) but you get sucked into it later. <3

BEAUTY POP! <-- I LOVE THIS MANGA.

You can read it on thespectrum.net to see what I mean. ;D It's so cool! Gah, i'm so amazed by this manga; it keeps you hooked. It's about a young girl who can cut really good hair, like every strand is absolutely perfect, and she goes at an amazing pace. She makes dull-looking girls beautiful. =)

Guest catkatgirl92

can anyone recommend me the type of manga where its the typical good girl/ bad boy thing?\

also...some manga where its like the heroine is like.erm...physicall weak..like a millinium of snow, binetsu shoujo, and saikyou venus??????

thannnnnnnnnnnks

Guest j3n1f3r

Does anyone know of a action/adventure/shounen series that I can watch??

I mean like Bleach, DGray man, Naruto, and such. Thnx.

OMG BUSOU RENKIN all the way (mixutre of FMA and Bleach)

and FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

also SAMURAI DEEPER KYO

Guest hungrycollegeboy

OMG BUSOU RENKIN all the way (mixutre of FMA and Bleach)

and FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

also SAMURAI DEEPER KYO

Thnx alot of the recommendations.

I've seen Full metal alchemist, very very good one.

I've seen like 1/4 of busou renkin, kinda bored me a little bit.

I'll consider watching Samurai deeper kyo.

Guest anna12125

Does anyone know of a action/adventure/shounen series that I can watch??

I mean like Bleach, DGray man, Naruto, and such. Thnx.

I always recommend Gundam SEED or BLOOD+ or Fullmetal Alchemist.

For Gundam SEED, you're probably not into mecha but i reckon that the characters and the plot is enough to compensate for it =D

As for BLOOD+, i believe that a lot of people don't realise how marvelous this series is and that is if you watch it till the end. Similar for FMA as well.

I recently watched Yakitate!!! Japan and i LOVED it! It was sooo comical and every episode makes me laugh so much! So far, the funniest anime i've ever seen XD

Does anybody know any comical animes like Yakitate Japan that they would want to recommend?

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I always recommend Gundam SEED or BLOOD+ or Fullmetal Alchemist.

For Gundam SEED, you're probably not into mecha but i reckon that the characters and the plot is enough to compensate for it =D

As for BLOOD+, i believe that a lot of people don't realise how marvelous this series is and that is if you watch it till the end. Similar for FMA as well.

I recently watched Yakitate!!! Japan and i LOVED it! It was sooo comical and every episode makes me laugh so much! So far, the funniest anime i've ever seen XD

Does anybody know any comical animes like Yakitate Japan that they would want to recommend?

hey thnx for the recommendation.

Yea I also loved Yakitate Japan! Their reactions to eating bread are so hilarious!!

Guest dabrain

i recently watched appleseed and hm ... liked it.

any other movies which are similar to appleseed (sci-fi, mecha ... same style in general)

Guest hungrycollegeboy

i recently watched appleseed and hm ... liked it.

any other movies which are similar to appleseed (sci-fi, mecha ... same style in general)

Have you seen Appleseed: EX Machina??

Just came out on DVD recently i think. It's the sequel.

You might also want to try out Vexille.

Guest MapleJam

I'm looking for a romance manga series.

(: a vampire one and a gang banging manga series.

or basically a high school romance. I haven't found any good ones lately

so any recommendations for me?

-- lisa

Well, I did really like Vampire Knights, it was kidna interesting :3

My friend recommends Nana. I haven't really read it, but a lot of my friends say it's good.

There's also Bloody Kiss, but I haven't really finished. It's semi-interesting though, a girl inherits a mansion where vampires live and a vampire uses her as a "host" sort of person, taking her blood to become stronger...or something like that xD;;

...Ouran's also quite funny and cute, but you may have read that already.

can someone recommend some manga that is action and adventure with romance? something fantasy would be great. or some manga with demons?

*is totally shot for double posting*

Sorry, I'm being temporarily blind, I'm too lazy to search for the edit button

How about Red River / Anatolia Story? :)

It has lots of action, it's about a girl, Yuri, who goes back to the time of the Hitti (sp?) empire in Anatolia and catches the interest of one of the princes and ROMANCE INSUES. Sounds really retarded because of my summary, but it IS very touching and heartbreaking and action packed and everything all at once. I really feel bad for the heroine sometimes. Go read! : D *prodprod*

It's on onemanga I think (go do a google search?)

Guest xpurelazyx

monster

satan 666

hajime no ippo

trigun

trigun maximum

cross over

naruto

bleach

black cat

reborn

rurouni kenshin

these are the one's that i have read or am reading

How about Red River / Anatolia Story? :)

It has lots of action, it's about a girl, Yuri, who goes back to the time of the Hitti (sp?) empire in Anatolia and catches the interest of one of the princes and ROMANCE INSUES. Sounds really retarded because of my summary, but it IS very touching and heartbreaking and action packed and everything all at once. I really feel bad for the heroine sometimes. Go read! : D *prodprod*

It's on onemanga I think (go do a google search?)

Ahh, I've already tried this manga. It was only okay, I didn't really like the drawings. ^^;; Maybe I'll pick it up again sometime...

Guest Q_Park

At the moment these are all that I can think of!

Underrated Mangas: that I like and recommend (by the way, all of these have romance in them)

Spicy Pink:

Sakura is a hard working shoujo mangaka who has no time for relationships. She is forced to attend a goukon and meets a rude and patronizing doctor. Despite their differences they begin dating. Can she find love with this petulant man?

Midnight Secretary:

Kaya thought she had found the perfect job when she became the private secretary of Kyouhei Touma--the director of a tableware company of the same name. Kyouhei is a capable director, but his arrogance and sluttish behavior are almost legendary. Kaya is doing her best to prove that she is capable in her work, but one night, by accident, she discovers his secret...of him being a vampire!

The Gentleman's Alliance:

In return for a business loan of 50 million yen, the prestigious Kamiya family gave their daughter Haine away to the Otomiya family. Haine, now an Otomiya, is appointed to the student council of the exclusive Imperial Academy, a private school for the aristocracy. Even though Haine is of proper lineage to be on the council, she finds herself struggling to find her place among the many secrets of its elite members, especially those of the president who holds her heart--Shizumasa Togu, aka "the Emperor."

Love Monster:

After failing the entrance exams to her school of choice, Hiyoko Osora gets an acceptance letter from SM Academy. But she didn't even apply or take its exam! When she arrives, there's something amiss--all the students are...monsters!? And the head of the student council says he's her fiancee

- Kyu

PS. I'm going to also bother mentioning Vampire Knight and Goong.

okay I accidentally replied to my comment than edit it so i changed a couple of things around!

Guest tokix7

im looking for a good shounen manga.

i really like sport mangas, action, medical, etc.

and i love the mangas where the main char. is really good at whatveer the manga is about!

but i've read A LOT, so please suggest as much as you know.

ahhaha

some ive read are: hajime no ippo, team medical dragon, slma dunk, POT, hunter x hunter, one piece, eyeshield 21, yakitate japan, naruto, beauty pop, skip beat, FMA, mr. fullswing, HSDK, monster, balck cat, and a lto more! .____.

Guest zita3000

Anime:

DN Angel

Peach Girl

Prince of Tennis

Voices of a Distant Star

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

5cm per Second

Manga:

Sand Chronicles

Kitchen Princess

Boys Over Flowers

Alive: the Final Evolution

The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross

Manhwa:

Chocolat

Bring it On

Moon Boy

Faeries' Landing

100% Perfect Girl

That's all for now!

im looking for a good shounen manga.

i really like sport mangas, action, medical, etc.

and i love the mangas where the main char. is really good at whatveer the manga is about!

but i've read A LOT, so please suggest as much as you know.

ahhaha

some ive read are: hajime no ippo, team medical dragon, slma dunk, POT, hunter x hunter, one piece, eyeshield 21, yakitate japan, naruto, beauty pop, skip beat, FMA, mr. fullswing, HSDK, monster, balck cat, and a lto more! .____.

It's not shounen, but have you tried Crimson Hero? It's a sports manga about volleyball. It's about a girl named Nobara who loves to play volleyball, but then is told that she is to inherit and serve in her family's business. She goes against it and decides to join a school known for their popular volleyball team.