Bae Soo Bin 배수빈

cynkdf

Captures from BH Entertainment BSB Star Page 1 l 2

BSB Star Page // BSB on Twitter // BH Entertainment Facebook

bhent_bsb3.jpg

bhent_bsb1.jpg

bhent_bsb2.jpg

'49 Days' finally ended tonight.. wishing BSB a good break from the filming and hoping to see him back on-screen soon with a better project + role to portray! Well done, SooBin-ssi!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 20, 2011

"49 Days" closes curtains after ruling TV for 3rd week

Reporter: Heidi Kim heidikim @ Editor: Jessica Kim jesskim @ <Ⓒ 10Asia All rights reserved>

2011052010035885537_1.jpg

Main cast from SBS series "49 Days} [sBS]

SBS series "49 Days" made a satisfied exit from the Wednesdays and Thursdays primetime slot after ruling it for three straight weeks, according to the showings by two media research companies on Friday.

"49 Days," starring Nam Kyu-ri, Lee Yo-won, Jung Il-woo, Jo Hyun-jae, Seo Ji-hye and Bae Soo-bin, lodged average viewership ratings of 16.8 percent on Total National Multimedia Statistics' ( TNmS) chart and 15.7 percent on AGB Nielsen Media Research's (AGB) survey, both the highest numbers the drama has ever scored.

A 20-part romantic fantasy, "49 Days" was about a girl named girl Shin Ji-hyun (played by Nam) who becomes a wandering soul after a car accident that leaves her body in coma. The Scheduler (Jung), akin to the angel of death, gives her 49 days to collect the tears of three people who will shed genuine tears of sadness for her by letting her possess the body of orphaned girl Song Yi-kyung (Lee).

In the end, Ji-hyun succeeds at fulfilling her quest, only to learn right after she wakes up, that the actual date for her death is just a week away. Accepting her fate, she passes away after bidding goodbye to her lover (Jo) and reconciling with friends while Yi-kyung is accepted as the new daughter to Ji-hyun's bereaved parents.

Actors Lee Min-ho, Park Min-young and Gu Hara starrer "City Hunter," whose story is based on the popular Japanese manga series of the same name by cartoonist Tsukasa Hojo in 1985, will premiere next week.

Meanwhile, MBC's romantic comedy "The Greatest Love" stayed second on the TV chart from last week after fetching in average viewership ratings of 10.3 percent and 14.5 percent on TNmS 'and AGB's polls, respectively.

The show starring Kong Hyo-jin, Cha Seung-won and Yoo In-na, centers on the love between a former idol singer and a top-class actor against the backdrop of show biz.

KBS '"Romance Town" which took off last week, trailed behind with average marks of 7.35 percent and 9.25 percent on TNmS' and AGB's chart, respectively.

Starring Jung Gyu-woon and Sung Yu-ri, the drama looks into the difference between people of different social classes and wealth through the episodes of housekeepers who work for rich families.

title_interview_starnews.gif May 20, 2011

Bae Soo Bin, successful acting as cold-blooded villain in '49 Days'

Source: thestar.chosun.com

2011052001014_0.jpg

Playing the antagonist Kang Min Ho on the recently-concluded SBS series '49 Days', a man with a poor and difficult childhood, actor Bae Soo Bin succeeded in bringing out the twisted desire lurking within the character. The conventional soft and warm image was drained out by the actor who's mostly known to play the good guy that successfully release the villain with complete transformation to the last, bringing the charismatic acting as a Method actor, exerted the most by various & impressive facial expressions.

Hi rubie, sorry to cut your post. Just wondering is that really Bae Soo Bin's twitter? He hasn't tweet anything yet? Oh yes, he did a good job for 49 days!

잘했습니다~~ 수빈 씨~~

Hi.. good to see you at the thread again. :lol:

Actually I got that at his Star Page at BH Entertainment website. It could be an account set up by the agency, not the actor but sunnybae is the name of his online ID/cyworld, right? Hopefully, it'll be used by BSB himself and that he will start tweeting soon.

Nonetheless, I also found this other (supposedly by BSB) twitter account https://twitter.com/#!/BAESOOBIN which had.. like 7 tweets in the past year. I'm not sure if it's really.. really him because he doesn't seem to follow a lot of people, particularly any of the BH Entertainment staff etc (not that he should).. only actress HHJ, presuming that's her own account.

Speaking of 49 Days.. despite the huge commotion recently about the ending at the drama thread last week, I've only managed to watch (with subs) ep 19-20 awhile ago. And WOW. As much as YS-YK scenes were truly heartbreaking, similar to HK-JH's unspoken love.. Kang Min Ho's scene with his Omma, imo.. was without doubt a powerful revelation. No matter how bad he is or tried to do to achieve his plan, there were too much pain in his heart that he doesn't seem to feel anything but deep down, his mother was the one person he really loved and cared for.. in his own way.

I'll be sure to make some BSB/MH screencaps later for 19-20. ^_^

haha...yes rubie. I do visit BSB's thread here once a while. In fact, i have developed a liking for him since his drama, Brilliant Legacy. I have watched "temptation of an angel" too but really hate the BSB's hairstyle inside the drama. Love his style & acting in 49 days. :D

Thanks for your reply regarding his twitter, he may have changed his account to this new one (@sunnybae76). Okie, will follow both hehe

I watched both last 2 episodes of 49 days live as i couldn't wait. Too anxious to know the ending. OMG, it was indeed heartbreaking between YS & YK. I find it disheartening to see people hate/ dislike the ending. Though it was sad, it was still the best thing to happen to YS to JH, a 2nd chance for them to put things right. The scene where MH is with his mother...i am lost for words...i do not know how to describe, tears shed like running tape...i can literally feel how he feels! "Daebak!"

I hope to see the whole crew at SBS award this year end & may they comb all the major awards back!

Thanks for the screencaps, i will make sure i come back here again tomorrow...time for me to sleep now...

49 Days: Episode 19

Although Min Ho's background and intentions were secondary subplot in 49 Days, the scene when he visited his mother finally showed the thorn bleeding in his heart. No doubt he's an able individual who actually came out from tragic childhood and poverty to be who he is, but he also inevitably created a wall (of pretense) for himself.

He truly loves his mother, she's clearly the reason he worked so hard to succeed but he can't bring himself to accept what happened to him/them that he wanted so hard to erase everything in the past by being someone successful, no matter what the means. At times though, it seems that he had to convince himself what needed to be done.

And in ep 20 (caps later), MH really do care for JH in his own way. JH being in the coma, obviously wasn't what he expected.. yet in some ways, he might thought that it actually spared Ji Hyun the direct dire situation of the company facing bankruptcy. In the end, he couldn't really execute everything planned despite all the (extreme) efforts that he thought he would be able to do without hesitation.

19_bsb5a.jpg

19_bsb5b.jpg

19_bsb5c.jpg

19_bsb5d.jpg

19_bsb6a.jpg

19_bsb6b.jpg

19_bsb6c.jpg

19_bsb6d.jpg

As someone said at the drama thread, BSB really nailed this particular scene.. perfectly. Just like xesre8 said, too.. simply out of words to describe.. a truly touching heart-rending portrayal.

Tears that fell from his eyes, said it all.

May 31, 2011

Appearing with a new hairstyle and beard, actor Bae Soo Bin attended the VIP Premiere of 'Mobidik' (Hwang JungMin, JinGoo, Kim MinHee, Kim SangHo) at Seoul COEX Megabox.

20110531_bsb1.jpg

Please click on thumbs for bigger captures ^^

th_20110531_bsb1.jpg th_20110531_bsb2.jpg th_20110531_bsb3.jpg th_20110531_bsb4.jpg th_20110531_bsb5.jpg th_20110531_bsb6.jpg

A big ‘thank you’ to SixMyths08 for starting this wonderful thread and to Logicalsong and rubie for all their postings about this awesome actor.  I first came across him in “Dong Yi” and have been somewhat obsessed :)  by him (for the past two months) even though he is young enough to be my son!!!

So this thread is a must-visit for me :)   To all who have posted news updates, pictures, translations of articles etc about BSB – please keep up the good work!

Hihi BSB lovers ...I am a new fans ...hahaha he 1st captured my heart during TOAA...I love him in that drama and also in Dongyi ...glad i found this thread hopefully we can have more updates on our dear hottie....

omg Rubie lots of love and thanks for sharing those photos of BSB with beard...i love it when he's spotting a beard made him looks more sexy and have this kind of bad boy image....his eyes and his smile can just melt my heart away ... :wub:

hope to see BSB in more drama with leading roles....

June 10, 2011

Actor Bae Soo-bin's Movie Picks

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@ Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@ Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@ <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

2011061014192534897_1.jpg

He may look like a sophisticated man from the city but as an interviewee, Bae Soo-bin had a down-to-earth smile which made him seem far from being the Kang Min-ho he played in series "49 Days." And he politely, yet clearly, knew how to speak on the need for single-episode plays and his respect for masterpiece films which is probably why he left a stronger impression when playing the trustworthy assistant in SBS' "The Painter of the Wind," SBS' "Brilliant Legacy" and MBC's "Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown." It is also why it was unfamiliar for viewers to see him as the hard-to-forgive villain Kang in "49 Days" in which most other characters were understandable and forgivable.

But him playing Kang does not mean he is being deviant. To a passionate actor like him who said, "I like maniac projects but wanted to do something a bit different because I didn't want to fall for just a single type of movies too much," there is always room for him to play a character like Kang. In other words, the sturdy attitude he showed through his roles in "Brilliant Legacy" or "Dong Yi" and virtues that are essential to him playing roles like Kang. That is why his attitude toward the numerous masterpieces in cinema could serve as a clue to the spectrum of acting he will show in the future. Below are Bae's recommendations on masterpieces he wants to keep for a long time.

2011061014192534897_2.jpg

1. "Purple Noon"

1960 | Rene Clement

“It was adapted into film 'The Talented Mr. Ripley' as well but I like 'Purple Noon' better. And it's not just because of the presence of actor Alain Delon. The movie itself is more classy as well. It was shot almost 50 years ago but there's more tension to it and it's more fun. It's not made in the Hollywood style... There's rather a sophistication to it, here and there, and the wardrobe and props don't look awkward at all even till today."

A man with the ability to steal another man's life. And Alain Delon, an actor who is fatally beautiful. The mere fact that these two factors come together is enough to rank "Purple Noon" as the movie with the most attractive villain. So maybe that is why but the final scene, where Ripley (played by Alain Delon) is sunbathing without knowing he has been caught of his crimes, does not give off the sense that justice prevailed but rather leaves ones disappointed over his barely-sustained castle of evil coming to ruins. The interesting thing is that the remake of "The Talented Mr. Ripley" is closer to the original novel.

2011061014192534897_3.jpg

2. "A Man and a Woman"

1966 | Claude Lelounch

"This movie, more than anything, does a great job of telling its story through its imagery. Each and every scene is like a piece of photography. So watching this movie made me feel like I was watching a music video but its story got embedded into my mind very clearly as well. I became so bewitched by the imagery that I didn't analyze the plot or the characters such as Anne (Anouk Aimee) or Jean (Jean-Louis Trintignant). I think this movie is a true masterpiece in that sense."

A woman who has lost her husband from an accident, and a husband who is in pain from his wife having committed suicide from depression, meet one day, talk about their past and become attracted to each other yet at the same time, they have a hard time breaking away from their pasts. Like so, "A Man and a Woman" depicts on the two characters' suffering and the love that heals their suffering switching back and forth between color and black-and-white imagery. The final scene in particular, swapping between scenes to show the man and woman's cars going in different directions but then ending up meeting again, moves the viewer more than the typical happy ending does.

2011061014192534897_4.jpg

3. "Cinema Paradiso"

1988 | Giuseppe Tornatore

"This is a movie that people love. And it's a very beautiful movie for someone like me whose job is to appear in movies. The movie in itself is sort of an homage to cinema, showing someone who grows through his affection for films then having those films rouse his memories. This movie unravels that aspect of it in a very beautiful way that at the same time, appeals to the general public. I like Third World cinema but also admire movies like this that don't aim to be commercial yet still contain elements that appeal to the public."

Almost everyone who likes movies to a certain extent has probably watched "Cinema Paradiso" which has been shown on television numerous times. Hence there will not be a single scene in it that you are not familiar with; the friendship the young Toto and projectionist Alfredo form through films, Toto and Elena's untimely love and the last scene where he gets moved by a reel containing kissing scenes. The important thing is that even when you watch the movie over, it is still fun and will make you choke with tears at the end. These are what we call masterpieces.

2011061014192534897_5.jpg

4. "The Doors"

1991 | Oliver Stone

"I like Oliver Stone's movies and 'Doors' is one of my favorites movies. Val Kilmer was amazing in it. He became Jim Morrison. I thought he'd been reincarnated. Not only did they look the same but Kilmer, through his acting, showed Morrison's genius side, rebelliousness and decadent attitude as well. Even how Morrison gradually falters. This is the movie I like best amongst those with a musician as the main character."

Director Oliver Stone, who constantly poised questions about the Vietnam War through his works including "Platoon" and "Born on the Fourth of July," portrayed the generations outside the war, yet not free from the awareness of its crisis through "The Doors." The story of band The Doors and its leader Jim Morrison who became popular for their dreamy performances, pedantic yet poetic lyrics and unique style of muttering them, during times when the equation of 'rock=decadence' was dominant, also seems like an expression of remorse toward the 1968 generation.

2011061014192534897_6.jpg

5. "E.T."

1982 | Steven Spielberg

"This is really, truly, an amazing movie. And I think Spielberg is an amazing director as well because I'm sure he didn't shoot 'E.T.' just because he wasn't able to show his own sense of artistic style. I'm sure he wanted to show more of it as well. So I think he made this masterpiece by trying to maintain that to a certain extent while fighting hard to secure public appeal as well. That's why he produced a masterpiece sci-fi pic which moves you even till today."

Steven Spielberg set up DreamWorks in 1994 with Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen. And if a movie could actually be called DreamWorks, it would be because of movies like "E.T." that Spielberg made. Not even the most advanced form of computer graphics would be able to reenact and produce the delight felt when E.T. flies in the night sky with his friends on a bicycle.

June 12, 2011

Bae Soo Bin, Han Chae Young at World Blood Donor Day Opening Celebrations

Source: Nate 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7

As South Korea's Goodwill Ambassadors for World Blood Donor Day, actor Bae Soo Bin and actress Han Chae Young attended a Red Cross donation opening event at the Yeouido Memorial Park in Seoul on June 12 in conjunction with the 8th World Blood Donor Day to be celebrated on June 14th.

The theme for this year's celebration which started in 2004 by WHO (World Health Organization) is 'More blood. More life' as an event to thank the regular blood donors, raise awareness of the need for safe blood donations as well as to encourage more people to give blood on a regular basis.

201106112010381001_1.jpg

201106112008041001_1.jpg

tn_1307789823_-1948454927_0.jpg

201106112004561001_1.jpg

tn_1307789883_-1888782839_0.jpg

201106112228331001_1.jpg

tn_1307790122_-1649216695_0.jpg

Archived