cynkdf

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 10, 2011

Share the Vision OST with Im Jae-bum

By MADELINE seoulbeats.com

513299(0)-450450_35404.jpg

Im Jae-bum first caught my ear with his rich, textured vocals on the City Hunter OST (Original Soundtrack) (LOVED that show!). Now, a recently sheared version of him is being featured on the OST of Share the Vision, a short film headlining well-known names like Lee Byung-hun, Lee Soo-kyung, and Bae Soo-bin.

It seems like OSTs are a sweet, if tenuous gig for underrated artists. While a number of idols regularly score OST songs, OSTs can be a great launching pad for artists if a drama proves to be popular. For example, Baek Ji-young and 4MEN‘s awareness and popularity increased because the drama Secret Garden was a huge hit. Even idols improve their reputations with a good OST track, see SHINee‘s Stand By Me from Boys Over Flowers. At that point, the boys were still rookies, and that song brought them cred and a foothold in the market.

However, a drama flop means all the work goes down the drain. For example, who was on the Triple OST? What about the Thornbirds OST? Even well-known dramas can have poor or non-memorable OSTs. Who was on the Playful Kiss OST?

What do you think? Are OSTs a good deal for both underrated artists and idols who need the extra oomph? Who have you discovered from an OST.

If you haven’t discovered any great artist via OST, check out the Im Jae-Bum’s MV here. Also, be sure to check out the movie, if only to treat your ears to some goodness!

20110809000341_0.jpg

Some more BSB pics from the press conference that we missed the first time
:D

256557_1.jpg

20110809002706_0.jpg

20110809183236412.jpg

NISI20110809_0004948253_web.jpg

NISI20110809_0004948250_web.jpg

NISI20110809_0004948268_web.jpg

09170552296_61000090.jpg

PP11080900057.JPG

PYH2011080910500099000_P2.jpg

ch_1312890662_764044959_1.jpg

ch_1312890662_764504758_2.jpg

ch_1312890661_763725623_0.jpg

PYH2011080910490099000_P2.jpg

PYH2011080910470099000_P2.jpg

Hi kish_agnes, good to see more people joining this thread to talk about BSB.  Having seen a couple of clips of BSB as Kim Yang (dubbed in Arabic
:)
) I agree with you about his eyes in that drama - truly menacing.   BSB can act with his eyes - that same pair of eyes can also look so gentle and caring.

Rubie - once again, thank you, thank you! Love the pics and the article about OSTs.  I  have been playing Yim Jae Bum's "stigma" OST from Chuno every day for the past week ...  I love the entire soundtrack of Emperor of the Sea, 49 Days and Chuno.  Kim Bum Soo's "Your leaving me" from EOTS iis now my favourite song -  I listen to it at least five times a day.

At the beginning of this interview, LSK seems to be saying something about BSB - I wish I understood Korean  ...

Had some fan-talk recently and a friend mentioned that.. in episode 1 Share the Vision, LBH and BSB sure has that strong bromance chemistry between them. hug.gif Indeed true as they've got a close off-screen relationship being in the same company which the movie showcased that warm chemistry even more. Although.. it's pretty clear in the upcoming episode 2.. they will have some fall-out and things finally getting better in ep. 3. While the short movie is not like the usual films we'd see... it's actually.. to put it simply a project by Windsor Entertainment (sort of a very long CF of product placement, no prize guessing what ;)) .. it's a cool treat for fans of both actors.

image_thumb_23.png

It's rather unlikely to see LBH and BSB in a full length feature.. due to various production-related reasons.. also because of the same-agency situation (unless it's a BH Entertainment production).. so, this is truly a treat for the fans. And although LBH could have attended the press conference.. pretty sure he had known the schedule beforehand and that Windsor could even brought forward the event while he's still in Korea.. it's really heartwarming to see that Bae Soo Bin and Lee Soo Kyung have handled the press event smoothly and perfectly. Either way, I'm glad because it's BSB.. he gets to show his ability alongside LBH.. not only funny but a lot of varied expression.

Related clip on

Captures from KBS-LBH Documentary in 2010 featuring Lee Byung Hun, Bae Soo Bin and Han Hyo Joo with BH Ent CEO & staff. However.. up till this day, I have no idea what BSB said in his interview.

Anyone knows and can share with us?

kbs2010_bsb1.jpg

kbs2010_bsb2.jpg

kbs2010_bsb3.jpg

Yes, LBH and BSB do look quite good together, in a bromance sort of way. However, I am glad that BSB won't be acting together with his boss in a full-length movie or drama because no way will he win the girl if he's competing against LBH!

Windsor Entertainment's project Share the Vision is turning out to be awesome, IMHO - I love the music, the actors (needless to say) ...

Rubie, thanks for that Youtube clip, There's a Chinese translation if you scroll down this thread from HHJ's Baidu forum but unfortunately my Chinese is poor (I ran it through Google translate).  Would be great if someone could do a translation, thanks.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=713184121

Yes, LBH and BSB do look quite good together, in a bromance sort of way. However, I am glad that BSB won't be acting together with his boss in a full-length movie or drama because no way will he win the girl if he's competing against LBH!

LOL!

I never thought of it that way! laughing.gif But yeah.. we want to see BSB leading his own movie or drama series soon and getting the girl! :w00t: It's really about time, a rom-com as mentioned earlier would be so cool, huh!

Rubie, thanks for that Youtube clip, There's a Chinese translation if you scroll down this thread from HHJ's Baidu forum but unfortunately my Chinese is poor (I ran it through Google translate).  Would be great if someone could do a translation, thanks.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=713184121

Ohh.. I'm not Chinese and can't read the characters.. although can occasionally pick up a few words from watching Chinese serials. blush.gif Likewise.. the Google translator is our best friend when gisting Korean/Japanese/Chinese articles & updates.

Rubie, thanks for the fantastic BTS captures.  A rom com would be ideal for BSB who is no spring chicken - I don't wish for him to finally land a leading man role when he is, say, in his forties ....

He looks like such a sweetheart in BTS shots - this BTS from 49 Days is one of my favourites and he looks simply adorable at 1:18 and 2:27:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zx5Rq3rALw&NR=1

Why he hasn't been cast as the main male lead in a TV drama after 10 years of acting is a mystery to me.

^

I think, from his choices of work so far.. BSB isn't the type of actor who wanted to always get the girl but the one who leaves the most impression in the end. At least that's what I thought when watching Brilliant Legacy and 49 Days. It's not about being the lead.. but more about giving his best. If we think about it.. he can be an angel, a devil (in disguise), funny and even notty if he wants to. Also he's more into movies and stage plays, as well.

But.. surely.. one of these days.. a great role will appear for him. I definitely see him similar to co-BH Entertainment artiste, Jin Goo.. whom like BSB, hasn't had any major (drama) leading roles yet. He's mostly in supporting movie roles but went on to win multiple Best Supporting Actor award for his role in 'Mother' in 2009.

^

I think, from his choices of work so far.. BSB isn't the type of actor who wanted to always get the girl but the one who leaves the most impression in the end. At least that's what I thought when watching Brilliant Legacy and 49 Days. It's not about being the lead.. but more about giving his best. If we think about it.. he can be an angel, a devil (in disguise), funny and even notty if he wants to. Also he's more into movies and stage plays, as well.

But.. surely.. one of these days.. a great role will appear for him. I definitely see him similar to co-BH Entertainment artiste, Jin Goo.. whom like BSB, hasn't had any major (drama) leading roles yet. He's mostly in supporting movie roles but went on to win multiple Best Supporting Actor award for his role in 'Mother' in 2009.

Rubie, great post!  From now on, I'll try my best not to mention the words "leading man in a rom com" in connection with BSB :)

This was posted on a blog about Song Il Gook:

"This was such a personal film and I know people would expect high, we all appreciate the time Song-Il Gook took rehearsing with every fellow on the set and his patience throughout the production is very very welcome. I had to take good care of the words I wrote because I knew that it was a slice of his life as Jumong" - Jung Hyung Soo, the writer adds.

"One of the big reasons I also cast Bae Soo Bin in a major role because we all know how he cares about every projects he does. We also want to come out the best difference of his character in Haesin as bad and good in Jumong. That's very good to me and very good actor to have it, it does make a big difference. Sometimes you have to experiment and discover the versatility of actors!" he exclaimed.

Unquote

I love to be a silent reader of forums where fans discuss Korean dramas, in particular BSB's dramas - some really interesting discussions there - and smiled when I read a post from someone who chose Min Ho as probably his favourite character from 49 Days because  Min Ho "shows so much emotion in his face".  A tribute to BSB's wonderful acting, surely?  It can't have been easy acting as this complex, twisted character ... please check out this BTS of Ep 20 from 2:37 to 3:42 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOYrsMbwzUQ&feature=relmfu

^

Aww.. not to worry at all, cynkdf.. it's only natural fans hoping & wanting to see BSB in a cool and/or fun leading role and getting the girl as well which I think will happen eventually. He's like 35 now yet still looking not-a-day-over-30.. things are turning out great for him. To be honest.. when 49 Days was just starting, I was rather unsure if his role would be overshadowed by the character he played in Brilliant Legacy.. like, can he play a bad guy? Well.. he certainly nailed it really really good. :P

Some more bigger captures of BSB and LBH in Share the Vision BTS :)

sv_bts8a.jpg

sv_bts8b.jpg

Rubie, great post!  From now on, I'll try my best not to mention the words "leading man in a rom com" in connection with BSB :)

This was posted on a blog about Song Il Gook:

"This was such a personal film and I know people would expect high, we all appreciate the time Song-Il Gook took rehearsing with every fellow on the set and his patience throughout the production is very very welcome. I had to take good care of the words I wrote because I knew that it was a slice of his life as Jumong" - Jung Hyung Soo, the writer adds.

"One of the big reasons I also cast Bae Soo Bin in a major role because we all know how he cares about every projects he does. We also want to come out the best difference of his character in Haesin as bad and good in Jumong. That's very good to me and very good actor to have it, it does make a big difference. Sometimes you have to experiment and discover the versatility of actors!" he exclaimed.

Unquote

cynkdf' BSB is very potential as lead man,,, I hope he can be cast as lead role although he is known for his supporting role but to an artist being the main actor is really great and it's boast on self esteem given the opportunity will motivate you to double your hard work..

In Jumong he played a unique character that I thought he is real one gay because I first saw him in Jumong and then follow Heashin..He is super bad and he really got in my nerve :w00t:

In brilliant Legacy, his looks is not good so thin I wonder why he looks older than in 49 days..

Rubie those pictures above really great 2uge4p4.gif those are funny side of an actor..do you have video clips of this???

thankyou.gif

Here are the related clips from the movie (the funny scene featured in ep.1 & making film 1), we are now waiting for Episode 2 to be released.

2011.08.09 Share the Vision Episode 1: Vision in Mind

Original Online Streaming at sharethevision.co.kr, please check out the site for various (music) clips especially the Episode 1 and many HD captures from the movie.

Clips uploaded by Windsorwhisky, misc - thanks to ForeverLBH fan-blog for the initial highlight

쉐어 더 비전 (Share the Vision) _ Episode 01: Vision in Mind Youtube // Sendspace

쉐어 더 비전 (Share the Vision) _ Making Film 01 Youtube // Sendspace

쉐어 더 비전 (Share the Vision) _ Making Film 02 Youtube // Sendspace

쉐어 더 비전 (Share the Vision) OST _ 쉐어 더 비전 (Share the Vision) by 임재범 Youtube

쉐어 더 비전 (Share the Vision) OST _ 너의 웃음 고마워 (Vision of Love) by 포맨 Youtube

Full MP4 Audio: Resurrection - Chest Green Star (Vision In Mind) Youtube

2011.08.09 'Share the Vision' Press Conference Nate // Daum Streaming

Hi rubie, cynkdf, kish_agnes,

I was out of town for a few days with limited Internet connection. There are so many news to catch up. Thank you all for making this thread so active and lively.

Hi kish_agnes, Welcome to this thread. It's great to have more people like BSB here. I also really wish that he will be the main cast in his next project. He has everything that the main cast needs; his look, his personality and his acting skill. I've just finished Brilliant Legacy and I was impressed with his role and his acting. I've watched 49 Days before and he was just great with his villain role (that I just can't hate him because of his deep acting skill and great looking). He is perfect in Brilliant Legacy. I think he shared more nice scenes with Han Hyo Joo than Lee Seung Gi. Have you watched Temptation of an Angel? He is the main cast there. He is absolutely hot, sexy and perfect!

Hi rubie, thanks a million for your always sharing the news, clips and photos of the two hot guys. Their photos are just so cute together. I can see the bromance chemistry between the two. I've never seen BSB before until 49 Days. He certainly caught my attention. But I did not fall for him then. But I just fell for him as a nice person from SBS Drama Award 2009 (I just watched the full length recently). I just saw a little moment of his smile and I fell for him at once. It's like a miracle for me. I was telling myself that why haven't I seen him before? I've tried to get more info of him ever since.

Hi cynkdf, I've just finished Brilliant Legacy and will start Dong Yi this weekend. It will great to see him in history drama. He must have worked very hard for his warrior role. But again I wish he will get the girl at the end. Even in Temptation of an Angel where he played the leading role, he did not get the girl. Too bad and too sad for that role. But it proves of his hottie and sexiness. On top of those, his acting is so great.

Well, I have to catch up with the clips, news and photos now. Thank you once again for your contribution to this thread. I really enjoyed reading your comments and your sharing. Cheers!

Hi rubie, cynkdf, kish_agnes,

I was out of town for a few days with limited Internet connection. There are so many news to catch up. Thank you all for making this thread so active and lively.

Hi kish_agnes, Welcome to this thread. It's great to have more people like BSB here. I also really wish that he will be the main cast in his next project. He has everything that the main cast needs; his look, his personality and his acting skill. I've just finished Brilliant Legacy and I was impressed with his role and his acting. I've watched 49 Days before and he was just great with his villain role (that I just can't hate him because of his deep acting skill and great looking). He is perfect in Brilliant Legacy. I think he shared more nice scenes with Han Hyo Joo than Lee Seung Gi. Have you watched Temptation of an Angel? He is the main cast there. He is absolutely hot, sexy and perfect!

Hi cynkdf, I've just finished Brilliant Legacy and will start Dong Yi this weekend. It will great to see him in history drama. He must have worked very hard for his warrior role. But again I wish he will get the girl at the end. Even in Temptation of an Angel where he played the leading role, he did not get the girl. Too bad and too sad for that role. But it proves of his hottie and sexiness. On top of those, his acting is so great.

Hellow alex thank you,good to see you here :)

I still not able to watch Temptation of angel I find time to watch it for sure. I'm done Dong Yi as you know love to see historical drama it was really good drama not just good ratings its' worth to watched, BSB is Dong Yi orabeonie, protector and distant lover..He surely captured your attention..

But please have time watching Emperor of the sea coz believe me you love to hate BSB there..although it's old drama but think its his ticket to fame for why he is very in demand actor.

Rubie kamsahamida :)

Rubie, thanks so much for the very funny screen captures of LBH and BSB.  BSB managed to nail his role as a villain in 49 Days but I think many people (myself included) would still shake their heads and think “Junsae Oppa, why on earth are you acting like that?”

Kish_agnes, I agree with you  - if he’s cast as a leading man, this will indeed give BSB the motivation to work even harder. In an interview in 2009, BSB said that he lost weight in order to look younger (since his fellow castmates,  Han Hyo Joo, Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won,were in their early 20s). I prefer his build when he acted in Dong Yi – he’d put on more weight by then, I think (compared to Brilliant Legacy days).  I second Alex1999’s recommendation to watch Temptation of an Angel – BSB is smoking hot there!

Alex1999, nice to see you back in this thread. :)   Dong Yi ends its run on Channel U today – the show has been just great.  When trailers for DY were being shown on Channel  U in late April, I wasn’t all that interested. The main reason why I sat down to watch the first episode was because of little Dong Yi, played by Kim Yoo Jung. She was absolutely adorable in “Powerful Opponents”.  BSB appeared in Episode 1 and I found him very attractive but it was during the scene at the end of Episode 4 (he was with little DY and her father and   brother) that I suddenly became absolutely besotted with him – he had the sweetest smile.  In Dong Yi he’s so manly – I read somewhere that he did most of the fighting scenes himself.

Hellow alex thank you,good to see you here :)

I still not able to watch Temptation of angel I find time to watch it for sure. I'm done Dong Yi as you know love to see historical drama it was really good drama not just good ratings its' worth to watched, BSB is Dong Yi orabeonie, protector and distant lover..He surely captured your attention..

But please have time watching Emperor of the sea coz believe me you love to hate BSB there..although it's old drama but think its his ticket to fame for why he is very in demand actor.

thanks kish_agnes for your suggestion to watch Emperor of the Sea. There is no Thai subtitles version available so I'll have to watch the English sub. He has been in a few historical dramas now. Once again, Temptation of an Angel is a MUST watch drama if you like him. He is so damn hot there!

Alex1999, nice to see you back in this thread. :)   Dong Yi ends its run on Channel U today – the show has been just great.  When trailers for DY were being shown on Channel  U in late April, I wasn’t all that interested. The main reason why I sat down to watch the first episode was because of little Dong Yi, played by Kim Yoo Jung. She was absolutely adorable in “Powerful Opponents”.  BSB appeared in Episode 1 and I found him very attractive but it was during the scene at the end of Episode 4 (he was with little DY and her father and   brother) that I suddenly became absolutely besotted with him – he had the sweetest smile.  In Dong Yi he’s so manly – I read somewhere that he did most of the fighting scenes himself.

Hi cynkdf I'm glad to be back here, too. Well, I'll start watching DY this weekend. I agree with you that the girl who plays young DY is so cute. Wow, he did most of the fighting scene himself. Isn't he great? I read the news about he was casted in DY and then he was off to learn how to fight with sword. I respect his professionality for this. I did not know that he tried to loose weight in BL to look younger because other lead actors are a lot younger than him. I found that he is the most adorable in that show any way.

rubie Thank you for all your shairng as allways.

Has anyone known about a movie called "After the Banquet"? I've seen some BSB photos in baidu. He is playing drum and looks cute & relaxed. Has anyone seen it yet? I wonder whether he is one of the main casts there. Well, have to find out more on this movie then.

Archived