Guest supa'Wanki

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest certifiedPSYCHOPATH

federer won. again.

congrats to him

congrats to baghdatis, for taking a set off federer, downing roddick, nalbandian and lubijcic on his way to the finals

edit: AWWWWW... roger cried!! :tears: makes me wanna cry too

CONGRATULATIONS TO MARTINA HINGHIS!!!

looks like she had a terrific comeback. QF's in the singles, and the champion of mixed doubles!!! yay :)

Yeah, congrats to Hingis, but I think her doubles partner deserves mention too. Mahesh Bhupathi is a very good and established doubles player, and I think his experience helped to make Hingis' comeback a successful one.

Congrats to Federer, and to Baghdatis for making it a most memorable Aussie Open.

well yeah, i think that's a given. he's a terrfic doubles player. hasn't he played with martina navratilova?

My point is that Bhupathi is not being given enough credit, because Hingis is getting all the attention with her comeback.

Navratilova played with Leander Paes, who was once Bhupathi's doubles partner.

Guest dying1004

man the finals aired at like midnight yesterday. i fell asleep during the first set where federer was making so much mistakes. i was scared he wasn't going to win. and then i woke up at the 4th set. where he won. =] that made me happy

right, point taken. i think you're completely right. But what can you expect? It's been many years since Hinghis has played, and her comeback has been one of the top stories of this year's aussie open.

But you're right. It does suck that one person gets more credit than the other, when both players were an important factor.

It's only been three years since Hingis retired. But yeah, I'm kinda sick of seeing Hingis this, Hingis that. It's a bit too much for me, and it's worse since I've never really liked Hingis during the time she dominated women's tennis. But I understand that it's more exciting to make Hingis the newspoint, I'm just sick of seeing stuff about how wonderful a comeback she's made repeated ad nauseam, because for sure the doubles title couldn't have been won without Bhupathi, and yet it's made as if he should feel privileged to be playing with her. I was actually pretty pleased that Kim Clijsters booted her out at the quarters.

Guest SatinDoll

federer won. again.

congrats to him

congrats to baghdatis, for taking a set off federer, downing roddick, nalbandian and lubijcic on his way to the finals

edit: AWWWWW... roger cried!! :tears: makes me wanna cry too

o man..what happened?!?!? i didn't get ot see it...

why did he cry??

Guest certifiedPSYCHOPATH

It's only been three years since Hingis retired. But yeah, I'm kinda sick of seeing Hingis this, Hingis that. It's a bit too much for me, and it's worse since I've never really liked Hingis during the time she dominated women's tennis. But I understand that it's more exciting to make Hingis the newspoint, I'm just sick of seeing stuff about how wonderful a comeback she's made repeated ad nauseam, because for sure the doubles title couldn't have been won without Bhupathi, and yet it's made as if he should feel privileged to be playing with her. I was actually pretty pleased that Kim Clijsters booted her out at the quarters.

ditto to that! all this hype about her comeback has overshadowed the performance of many others who have done so well. i dont think she's going to be very successful against the other girls in the top

o man..what happened?!?!? i didn't get ot see it...

why did he cry??

he was recieving his trophy and cried when thanking rod laver (who handed him the cup)

Guest xKrNbAbOx

i just felt like telling y'all

on friday i went to a tournament and my doubles partner and i were quite proud...b/c we got

"conselation A" which is the best out of the people who lost their first match. i think we did well b/c the first people we played were good...but b/c we never practiced playing doubles together we deserved getting only conselation and we also wanted to win b/c our coach said that our whole team was gonna lose that day and that he was going to go fishing :angry: so we wanted to prove him wrong..(reason we didnt practice together...our coaches didnt make us play matches we just did drills and nothing really helped..plus she would leave and didnt stay to practice. :phew: )

we played 4 matches that day sets 2/3 and i didnt eat anything till 5:30. so i was running on empty. haha.

total:

GIRLS DOUBLES

1. me and my partner conselation "a" better

2. s.b. and b.c. 3rd "b" good

3. k. and f.h conselation "c" good but not as good as some.

GIRLS SINGLES

1. H.R. 1st "b"

BOYS singles and Boys doubles...haha no one won there. sad. sad. sad. :blink:

Archived