Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest mistapooh

^awsome 8). That's way better than a participation ribbon =/. I'm guessing you are from Dallas. That must be sort of hard, with Brook Haven club being there and all, unfair advantage for kids with lessons all of their life.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xKrNbAbOx

^awsome 8). That's way better than a participation ribbon =/. I'm guessing you are from Dallas. That must be sort of hard, with Brook Haven club being there and all, unfair advantage for kids with lessons all of their life.

im assuming ur talkin to moi. well ur from DFW right? so u might know where Coppell is? well i used to live there...but i moved near tyler tx...so..no it wasnt hard...but if we go to state this year it will be. we were supposed to play yesterday but got rained out...my coach (the 74 yr. old one..who has no idea what he is doing) yelled at me for being 5-7 min late (meeting at the tennis building & note this is my first time to be late EVER) he ASKED me at lunch very rudely if i was gonna be late next week for the varsity match... :tears: he made me CRY. but i was SOOO mad i sorta...talked back and yelled at him. :phew: RAWR. :tongue2: i SOO hope he wont be here next year...senior year...i think i would quit tennis. :crazy:

Guest KIM_SAYS:

woot, i just made it to Varsity!!!

Oh yay, awesome! Congrats!

I can't wait til our season starts. We have like one more month to go I think. Man I really need to get out there and start practicing. :(

Guest supa'Wanki

Thank you everyone! Our #1 singles is an exchange student from Germany, but he's asian. He cusses, and it's hilarious, because whenever he cusses, it is usually true.

Well Yesterday I played tennis for the first time with a friend and i have to say im loving tennis right now. But do you think its possible or to late for a Freshmen to play tennis well enough to make it into school team or club during his highschool career that plays competitively?

Guest mistapooh

Well Yesterday I played tennis for the first time with a friend and i have to say im loving tennis right now. But do you think its possible or to late for a Freshmen to play tennis well enough to make it into school team or club during his highschool career that plays competitively?

Depends on where you live, competition could be fierce. After you play for a while though, it's more of a social thing rather than competitiveness ^ ^. Just have some fun....people get annoyed when you are too hardcore about it.

thanks supa'wanki and mistapooh for your words. I'm in washington so im guessing competition cant be that fierce but like u said its a social thing so that doesnt matter. You guys have any tips and pointers for a noob?

Guest KIM_SAYS:

^You're in Washington? Way awesome, me too! B) Where in WA are you at?

Well I say go for it. I actually started playing for the first time last year (sophomore year) and I did pretty ok. Made it to districts, which was pretty cool. Just practice a lot, and I'm sure you'll do fine, especially since you love it so much already. :) Take lessons if you want. But yeah...it's Washington, and like you said, competition isn't too bad here if you compare to like California.

Hmm...on a sidenote, practice starts in about 2 weeks and I am extremely excited. Just hope that there aren't too many freshman trying out...they brought so much drama to the team last year.

Guest MangoJuice

^ man i went to go watch Agassi at San Jose, CA.. but he ended up not going because he hurt his back or something.. So I saw.. Johannson and Warburg instead.. still pretty tight..

Guest tian`tian

I miss the competition...used to play in HS on the team, but haven't done it since then. Keeps you in shape. Even if you're not that good, try out! If you make it, even if you're on the bottom, you can learn some valuable skills and stay fit!

^You're in Washington? Way awesome, me too! B) Where in WA are you at?

Well I say go for it. I actually started playing for the first time last year (sophomore year) and I did pretty ok. Made it to districts, which was pretty cool. Just practice a lot, and I'm sure you'll do fine, especially since you love it so much already. :) Take lessons if you want. But yeah...it's Washington, and like you said, competition isn't too bad here if you compare to like California.

Hmm...on a sidenote, practice starts in about 2 weeks and I am extremely excited. Just hope that there aren't too many freshman trying out...they brought so much drama to the team last year.

Im from the federal way/tacoma area. Where you from? And man i wish this weather wasnt so weird..hard to play lol

Guest KIM_SAYS:

^Vancouver. Pretty close to Oregon.

Yeah, the weather is a bit odd. I tried playing in the wind last week...did NOT work out very well. But other than the wind it's not too terrible. Lots of sunshine. :D

Guest supa'Wanki

HELP NEEDED!!! FAST!

I'm playing againts a pusher, my entire JV team is a pusher.. I decided to leave Varsity alternates to play JV singles... but than I noticed the entire JV are pushers. I have a good topspin, and can volley.. but than they get all the balls back so freakin softly I can barely hit the ball. When I try to kill the ball, it goes away into the doubles area or out.. I cant topspin without the ball that goes no where, because I try to put in topspin or it'll go to the net.. when I play net, all they do is lob it just high enough so it goes just about my racquet. I need a way to beat them...

Archived