Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest xKrNbAbOx

hello! i have a question i think i fixed my serve but where is ur left arm supposed to end?? i throw the ball up..my new coach says to let it drop next to ur side...my old coach said to put it to ur chest. which one is correct...ive been doing as my new coach says but my serves stink and today when i did what my old coach said it worked better...but now i have to adjust my grip. ?__? and how can i become a stronger player? like hit harder and the ball still goes in?

anyone wanna help me with what i asked? :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KIM_SAYS:

Man, oh man. Kiefer. :rolleyes: I can't believe it. Absolutely shocked.

xKrNbAbOx: Your left arm...are you talking about after you hit the ball? I just let my arm drop down. I don't really pay attention to wear it drops. :P Lets see, I throw the ball up, keep my arm up for a second as my right arm is about to hit...and yeah, I just let it drop to the side. Can't really help ya with grips...but as for hitting harder and still having the ball go in, it's all about the topspin. Are you hitting with a lot of topspin?

hello! i have a question i think i fixed my serve but where is ur left arm supposed to end?? i throw the ball up..my new coach says to let it drop next to ur side...my old coach said to put it to ur chest. which one is correct...ive been doing as my new coach says but my serves stink and today when i did what my old coach said it worked better...but now i have to adjust my grip. ?__? and how can i become a stronger player? like hit harder and the ball still goes in?

I think you should keep your left arm bent in towards chest. Example: Sampras

SAMPRAS_fm_us_02_serve.jpg

If you want to hit harder and the ball still going in, you need to use topspin.

Guest certifiedPSYCHOPATH

baghdatis v nalbandian?

tough one, both have good chances to beat federer but i think baghdatis has the edge because he's relatively new and nalbandian probably doesn't know his game as well as baghdatis knows his

yay kim won!!

Guest xKrNbAbOx

Man, oh man. Kiefer. :rolleyes: I can't believe it. Absolutely shocked.

xKrNbAbOx: Your left arm...are you talking about after you hit the ball? I just let my arm drop down. I don't really pay attention to wear it drops. :P Lets see, I throw the ball up, keep my arm up for a second as my right arm is about to hit...and yeah, I just let it drop to the side. Can't really help ya with grips...but as for hitting harder and still having the ball go in, it's all about the topspin. Are you hitting with a lot of topspin?

I think you should keep your left arm bent in towards chest. Example: Sampras

SAMPRAS_fm_us_02_serve.jpg

If you want to hit harder and the ball still going in, you need to use topspin.

puahah! top spin...ok seriously...i dont know how to hit with all that technical stuff...i just hit it and it spins in the court sometimes low and fast...and sometimes its a lob..i dont know how to hit topspin. slice. etc. anyone have pics? i've tried learning slice...b/c my coach wants us to know...but...he didnt ever come help me. -__- and top spin...i just assume i do it..since he doesnt say anything to me. :wacko:

Guest baboofan

oh heck no kiefer did not win. i LOVE grosjean T_T aaagggghhss...

but yeah for baghdatis and nalbandian SF *wootwoot*

that'll be sizzling

and congratz to kim and good job to hinghis for her great effort :)

Ahhhh forreals, I was totally cheering for Grosjean in that match!! And Kiefer's behavior is just obnoxious...and that racket throw!! grrrrr...

Wow the Baghdatis and Nalbandian semi-final did sizzle fo sho, congrats to Baghdatis although I am crushed for Nalbandian :(

Also, Maria would so have been up 4-2 in that final set if those two calls could have been made correctly dang.

Guest dying1004

omfg. my cable is down so i can't be able to watch the restttt =( !!

man! i really wanted to watch nalbandian play. i like watching him

Guest baboofan

yeah, henin-hardene just retired in the final so amelie wins by default

6-1, 2-0

Gahhhh!! Sorry if I seem insensitive, but I'm feeling much more sorry for Amelie Mauresmo right now than Justine Henin-Hardenne. I'm not doubting that Justine feels bad, but I still believe that she should've kept on until the end even if Amelie would beat her 6-0, it looked like it was heading that way anyway. I know it's easier to say than to do but it would also be much more respectful towards Amelie and to the spectators...

Anyway, yay for Amelie Mauresmo! I was really rooting for her in this final because my gosh it's been 7 years, but what a bizarre way to win her first grand slam title! O___O

Guest enticing

I was expecting a long good game. But there are just things that we can't control. =\ They were both crying..even though it was for two different reasons.

Guest KIM_SAYS:

Yep obviously. Baghdatis (sp?) seems like a nice guy though. :) lol he seems like a very happy go lucky type of guy.

And congrats to Mauresmo! Although it IS a weird way to win her first title. But still congrats to her!

Archived