Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest Loveee

What are a few doubles strategies that can be used? What are some sign languages can be used in order to make the strategies happen? What are good strings for heavy topspin?

The aussie style! :D

You can use this hand language when you are serving.

HOW IT WORKS

basically the person who's at the net to serve will place one hand (Left hand if you're right handed, or right hand if you're left handed) behind their back so that their partner, who's serving will be able to see it.

From there, the person can make a FIST (or whatever hand language you want to make) to send out the signal that you want to POACH. Which means, after the serve BOTH you and your partner moves to the middle. (So the server is behind the net person).

Or the person can make a V with his or her finger indicating that they want to SWITCH. that just basically means switch sides. If the net person was on the right side, he or she will switch to the left side. and if the server was on the left side, he/she will switch to the right side.

I hope that makes sense........ lol, if not then, someone help me.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest supa'Wanki

we already know the aussie style.. isn't the Aussie style where the net player stands in the same side as the server side when serving? And secretly move closer to the net, and start poaching to confuse the opponent? The middle front to back formation is called an I-formation. We tend to use the both front technique, where one stands closer to the net, and the other a 2 feet back, incase of a lob... the fist is more of a hold than a poach, and a thumb or any sign as a poach, and the middle and index finger twisted together as a switch, and L sign as a normal position, index finger as I formation, and so on. I need a better strategy towards playing varsity guys, their net players are quick, and baseliners have a killer fore/backhand. They usually play front back, and both net depending on how we move. I noticed hitting/ lobbing /heavy topspin to the baseline will take care of it most of the time, but... hitting it there may cause unforced errors.. There are absolutly no chance for us to smash the ball, and they will try to avoid the net player, which causes a poach.. ahh i need help on how to play em.

Guest KIM_SAYS:

ldsfkajsdaklfjs

I lost 6-2, 6-3 today. I am SO pissed and disappointed at myself. I KNOW I could've beaten her...She wasn't even that good. I just felt...so distracted and mentally tired. I wasn't "in the zone" as my friends say. :P There were so many long rallies and I just couldn't finish off the points. And my forehand broke down so many times...

That's it. I am practicing ALL spring break even if it kills me. :angry:

Guest supa'Wanki

wow that sucks, don't worry!!! I lost 4-6, 1-6, 1-6. Hey, wasn't my fault, my coach sent me to coach this freshman kid during an IMPORTANT game againts Fallbrook. He was my partner, and supposably I trusted him to get the balls that were coming towards him.. I guess not. So I took net, I scraped my knee trying to get a dropshot of an overhead smash. I wrapped it around my knee, couldn't run, I just limped or "tried" to run as fast as I could.. It was a dead end from there, he couldn't play for anything. Mistakes almost every shot he got. I probably made only 2 mistakes the entire DAY. It was such a good day for me, and he had to ruin it. Damn it... 4-6, 1-6, 1-6? PATHETIC! He doesn't deserve to be my partner at a time like that.

Guest KIM_SAYS:

lol that sounds a bit...mean? Haha, but yeah. That must be really frustrating....when you're having a really good day and your partner sucks. And sorry about your knee. :( I can't play doubles worth anything. I'm a baseliner, not a volley-er. I felt so terrible when this one girl was gone and I had to take her place in first varsity doubles.

Dammit, I'm itching to go out there and practice. Despite the fact that it's 10 o'clock. :sweatingbullets:

Guest DBSG_ Lover

I had two school matches already and we won victory against burnaby south and central~!!at most my school only lost 2 games <_< i can't wait till play the next school~!!^^ i must practice..but i can't for now cuz it rainnin :( any advice for a very powerful server that actually goes in everytime???

Guest mistapooh

^dont swing, bunt it back by pretending your racket handle is attached to your sternum and rotate the trunk. Also, recognize her trend, I doubt she has the skills to place such powerful serves each time in different locations. Taunt her if she repeatedly serve to your fh, by cheating towards it =D.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supa'Wanki

How do you hit winners?! lol. Stupid question, isn't it? but ya.. I need help hitting winners, I noticed probably 1 out of 5 players can actually hit my topspin back with atleast little power, besides a slice or a tap in. I want to use that advantage and hit a flat fh for a winner, since topspin will lower the mph, and they will probably have the time to get the ball. How do I hit winner and fast flat fh?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest koreanqt1

Tennis is da bomb!! The best sport in the world. I watch almost all the tournaments on TV! Pretty awsome. But i sometimes miss some really popular tournaments because i dont know when its on. Yeah im almost moving on to champs, im soo happy.

My favorite tennis players are:

Maria Sharapova-Consistency, pretty, and I just love her

Roger Federer-Consistency, one-hand backhand, serves, and number 1 best mens tennis player

Andy Roddick-Rocket/bombing serves

Rafael Nadal-Consistency, serves, and top spin

James Black-power in every shot

How do you hit winners?! lol. Stupid question, isn't it? but ya.. I need help hitting winners, I noticed probably 1 out of 5 players can actually hit my topspin back with atleast little power, besides a slice or a tap in. I want to use that advantage and hit a flat fh for a winner, since topspin will lower the mph, and they will probably have the time to get the ball. How do I hit winner and fast flat fh?

It isn't really that hard. I mean ive been playing tennis for almost 5 years and i know almost every way to hit winners. One most obvious way to hit winners, is to smash, and get the ball in to where you opponent is not at. Another way is if the opponent is at the net, then hit a top spin ball away from them, left or right, at there feet. That's called a passing shot, where u hit passed them. Another way is when the person serves, you probably want to forehand or backhand it down the line, because they won't always be standing there, so u want to hit it down the line really close to the doubles line. Annooother way is....uhhh you could hit an overhead and not let you opponent hit it, thats a winner too. Also to hit a good forehand, you need good foot work, trust me you'll understand. Next, from what ive noticed, is that right when the ball comes over the net, the player gets ready, steps into the ball, while swinging at it. While your doing that, you also want to keep you knees bent, and you BUTT down. You have to do that. My teachers like keep telling me that. KNEES BENT! BUTTS DOWN!! That's basically all i can say...sorry. I hope this helpped though.

I had two school matches already and we won victory against burnaby south and central~!!at most my school only lost 2 games <_< i can't wait till play the next school~!!^^ i must practice..but i can't for now cuz it rainnin :( any advice for a very powerful server that actually goes in everytime???

OHH MEE!!! I can hit about 115-120 mps serves. First toss the ball up kinda in front of you so that you'll fall foward to it, bend you knees, and pushs off and smash the ball. But right when you hit it, at the contact point, you want to snap you rist. Bad timing will cost you to hit the ball way out or even way out pass the base line. SO PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!! lol. If i told you how old i was you'll be amazed.

Guest mistapooh

115-120 mphs consistently? O_O! The #1 at my school can do around that, but you will never guess it since he's a skinny kid with a flabby stomach haha. I am guessing you are 15.

Guest KIM_SAYS:

^lol seriously! 115-120 serve...I'm jealous. :P

Yeah, so this morning I was playing in a tournament...I won 6-1 in the first set and thought it was going to be easy for the rest of the way. Second set I was up 3-0, and the other girl came back and we had to play an effing tiebreaker. I was up 4-2, and she came back and won it 5-7. I was SO mad at myself. I was in such disbelief when we started the third set. Couldn't get my mind off it and lost serve. Third set was sooo close, but I lost 5-7. She was serving the last game (it was 5-6) and I was still down a serve, and there were so many deuces and add ins.

On the very last point the girl was hitting a forehand and I thought it was out but the other team was like "WOOOHOOOOO! NICE SHOT!" so I called it good. But our coaches said it was out. Along with other shots that I was supposedly very generous with. -_-

alsdkjfal;sdkjfasdl; freaking 4 hour match and I was sooooo close.

Hmm...I also have a very attractive tanline on my face from my sunglasses. Lovely.

:fury:

Guest Ama Vita

I hate when I have to call something IN because everyone else thinks it's in. It's like you're force to say it, to avoid confrontation. I hate when that happens! I understand you though. I guess you just sort of lost focus because you were in disbelief? You should never underestimate your opponent.

Darn those tan lines. I freaking hate those too! I played tennis for 2 hours yesterday and I got tanned. Now it looks like I have a tank top tatoo. My nose is brown too.

Guest lilazn1004

i luv tennis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^____________^ keke i'm seriously UNathletic but TENNIS is one of the ONLY sports i actually PLAY!!! puahaha keke

Guest stephenmalkmus

OHH MEE!!! I can hit about 115-120 mps serves. First toss the ball up kinda in front of you so that you'll fall foward to it, bend you knees, and pushs off and smash the ball. But right when you hit it, at the contact point, you want to snap you rist. Bad timing will cost you to hit the ball way out or even way out pass the base line. SO PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!! lol. If i told you how old i was you'll be amazed.

Please stop lying to yourself. You do not serve 115-120 mps, let alone mph. Ill let that one go because I feel sorry for you.

"First toss the ball kinda in front of you" HAHAHAHAH, what the hell kind of tip is that. I say go to a club pro so he/she can evaluate your serve.

And snapping of the wrist is incorrect. It may look like the pros are "snapping" their wrist but they aren't. Snapping your wrist can lead to injuries. The key thing is keeping your muscles loose so you can have that elastic effect.

Archived