Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

September 9, 2020

Lee Byung Hun nominated as  Best Actor by the 14th Asian Film Awards. 

202001311054777581_5e33927bd1ee2.jpg

Lee Byung Hun has just been nominated as Best Actor for his performance in "The Man Standing Next" by the 14th Asian Film Awards to be held on 6th October, 2020 in Busan, Korea. 

Congratulations Byung Hun-ssi! 

More news on the 14th Asian Film Awards:

https://www.screendaily.com/news/parasite-heads-nominations-for-first-asian-film-awards-hosted-by-busan/5152982.article

• Like 3
  • Love 1

September 14, 2020 

3 versions of new videos of LBH from TVCF KB cha cha cha are out now. :sparklyeyes:

[SBS Star] Lee Sang Yeob Says Seeing Lee Min-jung & Lee Byun Hun Makes Him Want to Get Married

Lee Narin

Source: SBS Star

Actor Lee Sang Yeob shared that seeing actress Lee Min-jung and actor Lee Byun Hun couple makes him want to get married.

On September 14, Lee Sang Yeob had a phone interview with the press.

During the interview, Lee Sang Yeob mentioned working with his co-star in 'Once Again' Lee Min-jung.

Lee Sang Yeob said, "I already knew Lee Min-jung, so it was very comfortable for me to work with her. Her husband Lee Byung Hun also monitored our drama, and he gave me lots of good advice."

The actor continued, "Lee Min-jung is a family-oriented person; she's always watching videos of her son and looking at his photos."

He went on, "Whenever I see during our break from shooting, she's looking at her phone and smiling. It turns out Lee Byung Hun sends her a bunch of photos and videos of their son."

He added, "Watching Lee Min-jung like that, I felt the urge to get married soon. She really made me want to get married soon."

Lee Min-jung and Lee Byung Hun got married in August 2013, and have one son who was born in March 2015.

• Like 5

September 17, 2020 

Lee Min Jung On Her Chemistry With Lee Sang Yeob In “Once Again,” How Husband Lee Byung Hun And Their Son Reacted To Her Romance Scenes, And More

6fffb7270af4448cbcf6c62a22da0c5d.jpg

Source: Soompi 

Following the recent conclusion of KBS2’s “Once Again,” Lee Min Jung talked in an interview with the press about the popular drama and her family’s reactions!

The hit weekend drama premiered to strong viewership ratings and was able to reach new all-time highs multiple times throughout its six-month run. The drama also ended with strong finale ratings, surpassing 30 percent for both parts, nationwide.

Lee Min Jung talked about her chemistry with on-screen husband Lee Sang Yeob, sharing, “Since we had to act together in the most scenes, there were a lot of aspects we had to depend on each other for. Lee Sang Yeob is very skillful and natural both in real-life and while acting, so I wonder whether that was why we worked well together for our romance. We even got the nickname ‘Na-Gyu’ couple and I heard that since we look alike, people enjoyed and felt comfortable during our scenes. That felt good.”

She continued, “From the start of the drama, we had so many scenes where we were fighting. Actors find all kinds of acting difficult but when you’re fighting, your emotions rise and your voice gets louder, so it comes out more naturally when you’ve worked together a lot. However, without being able to develop that relationship, we started off with the climax of our fighting, so it was hard. After time went by, it was still memorable and since we started off with such difficult acting, our chemistry afterwards came that much more easily.”

Many viewers wondered what Lee Min Jung’s husband Lee Byung Hun thought about her on-screen romance and Lee Sang Yeob had previously admitted on “Sixth Sense” to being afraid of Lee Byung Hun’s reactions to their kiss scenes.

Regarding her husband, Lee Min Jung commented, “He watched with a very detailed eye. He would give his opinion about good scenes or say something like ‘What if it was a case like this?’ I think my family was able to relate while watching.”

She added, “While watching the ‘Da-Jae’ couple [nickname for Lee Cho Hee and Lee Sang Yi], my 6-year-old son asked, ‘Is sadon a word for someone you like?'” Sadon refers to in-laws (relatives by marriage).

Lee Min Jung continued, “I think that the romance and comedic aspects of the drama could be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of their gender and age. After seeing [my] romantic scene with Lee Sang Yeob, my son exclaimed, ‘You’re in big trouble.'” While laughing she added, “His dad was fine but my son said his dad would get angry and he was paying attention to his dad’s reaction.”

Regarding the show’s conclusion, Lee Min Jung shared, “Since we began filming early this year and it continued for such a long time, I had to keep my pace and take care of my health. Unlike a miniseries, there are so many more things that we create with everyone, so it was fun. I don’t know if it’s because we worked on it for so long, but it doesn’t feel like it’s over and I feel like I have to go back to my house on set.”

The actress continued, “‘Once Again’ was a pure story with barely any dramatic finale plot lines and all the characters were so warm. I think these aspects are why it was able to receive praise as a family drama. It’s a drama like a warm healing oil. Although it’s not intense like the scent, if it’s by you, you feel healed and warm. I think of it like a family story that gives you the comfort of being in nature.”

For her plans for the rest of 2020, Lee Min Jung commented, “There’s not much left of 2020 but I think I’ll have to rest a bit in September. I haven’t been able to exercise much so I think I’ll have to invest in my body a bit. My health almost feels completely exhausted. I want to start yoga again too. Instead of focusing on one thing, I want to work hard in everything, obviously in my work as an actress, but also as a mother and a wife.”

More pictures of LBH at a barbeque with his friends and family. 

Source: Twitter @IOxOIa

20200917-214118-219.jpg

20200917-214145-091.jpg

• Like 4

September 21, 2020

Lee Min-jung Shares How Great Lee Byung Hun Has Been with Their Son Recently

201472330-500.jpg

Source: SBS Star

Actress Lee Min-jung commented on how great of a father actor Lee Byung Hun has been recently.

On September 17, Lee Min-jung sat down for a press interview to talk about her latest drama 'Once Again'.

During the interview, Lee Min-jung said, "I've been very busy with filming lately, but thankfully, the shooting for my husband's film was delayed due to the COVID-19 outbreak."

She continued, "It was great, because I couldn't be there for my son, but he has been the best father for him. Our son's really into playing with a ball, and Byung Hun spent a lot of time playing with him. He even came to visit me with our son during shooting."

She went on, "I read somewhere that it's good for the kid to see their mom at work. Otherwise, they feel anxious seeing mom just leave the house without knowing where she went."

She added, "It actually worked for our son as well. His attitude changed after seeing me working. Byung Hun took such an amazing care of him when I was the busiest."

Lee Min-jung and Lee Byung Hun got married in August 2013, and have one son who was born in March 2015.

New picture of LBH with actor Kim Min-jae. Don't remember them working together before but they look close. From the location LBH posted on IG, he seems to be in Jeju island (Just blank guess :P) because Actor Kim Min jae apparently lives there. 

His caption reads: "After a long time, with Byung Hun Hyung."

Source: Actor Kim Min jae IG @MinJaeYo 

IMG-20200921-090539.jpg

Actor Kim Min jae posted another similar picture with LBH with a caption reading,

"Sunbae I'm always grateful for. Thank you for always taking care of me. Let's be healthy together." 

I thought what was it on his chin in earlier picture, it's his tiny sparsely growing beard, lol :lol:

IMG-20200922-223904.jpg

• Like 4

September 23, 2020

Source: Naver 

0004475249-001-20200923103803644.jpg

AI with Lee Byung-hun and Han Ji-min's voice helps blind people's cultural life

SK C&C will present Braille Sensebook to blind people with the voices of actors Lee Byung-hun and Han Ji-min. This is because it utilizes TTS (Artificial Intelligence) technology.

SK C&C made an announcement on the 23rd that it has signed a 'MOU (MOU) of AI TTS Business Cooperation' with a startup called Lionrocket. Lionrocket is a startup that has voice synthesis technology that simulates voice and speech by using AI.

Lionrocket's AI was used for "AI LIVE" broadcasting, which broadcasts real-time ballot counting situations in a castor voice, on MBC's "Select 2020" during the April 15 general elections.

With a voice recording file for about 20 minutes, one can create an AI voice that resembles one's own voice. SK C&C explained that with deep learning and deep voice technology, AI can analyze the voice owner's corpus as it is and analyze the speaker's voice, tone, accent, pronunciation and speed with short data to quickly synthesize the voice.

The two companies are planning to target the domestic and foreign content markets together, focusing on culture and education, by combining natural language processing and technology unique to text-to-speech translation.

As part of that, both companies help blind people learn and experience culture. It is a business that converts type books into voice.

Along with the Cultural Heritage Administration's National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage, the two companies decided to put on the voices of Lee Byung-hun and Han Ji-min through AI in multimedia Braille sensations for introducing natural monuments for the blind. Lee Byung-hun and Han Ji-min expressed their intention to donate their voices for the blind.

Reproduced by their voices, "Natural Monument (Animal) Story Explanation" will be included in the multimedia Braille Sensory Book and distributed to blind organizations and schools across the country on the 15th of next month in time for "White Paper Day." It will also be released through the 'Mobile Soundbook' app operated by the Korea Foundation for the Disabled.

SK C&C and Lionrocket said they will also join forces in developing new businesses such as global content businesses that utilize Hallyu stars and characters and reading books. The voice of Hallyu stars and characters already has voice data, so they can make audiobooks without any additional recording. Previously, it took more than a month to produce a single audio book.

"We will make a natural voice that conveys vivid emotions and emotions of people through AI TTS," Lion Rocket CEO Jung Seung-hwan said. "We will also actively push ahead with entering the global market by developing automatic creation of foreign languages such as Chinese and English through Korean voice data alone."

Lee Seok-jin, head of SK C&C Channel & Marketing, said, "We have signed a strategic partnership with Lionrocket, which has expertise in AI voice synthesis technology, while seeking win-win ways with startups to realize social values," adding, "We will make efforts to create various social value practice programs that can contribute to improving education and cultural life for the blind through this cooperation."

Here's the part with LBH posted on Lion Rocket's YouTube channel. It’s amazing how it sounds exactly like him all the way!:omg:

• Like 5

September 24, 2020 

English translation of LBH’s interview from the Documentary on 100th Anniversary of Korean Cinema 

“THE ACTING YOU CAN TRUST!”

Q. A Korean film that influenced you to become an actor. 

A. Basically, I had never thought of becoming an actor. Even after I started as an actor, I realized only later that this job would be my lifelong career. I never thought about it even though I loved movies and theater. But to think about the movie that had a good influence on me and encouraged me to continue to like movies (Even though there’s just so many), the one that comes to my mind right now is Director Bae Cha-ho’s “Whale Hunting.” It’s a movie that sticks to reality, but it’s very hard to act like that in real life. So, in the end, it seems like a very realistic drama, but also like it's like a fantasy movie. I think I really liked that. And I think for me, it was the dream of those movies and a force that kept me going to the theater. 

Q. Memorable movie character. 

A. They are all characters that I love and cherish, but I remember the character of “Bungee Jumping Of Their Own”. Before the shooting began, I had a lot of thoughts about how to accept that character and how to act, and there were some difficulties while filming, but it was fun to create that character. After the movie was over, when it was first shown at the theater, I was very worried about how the audience will look at it. Fortunately, a lot of people liked me and clapped for me. So, I remember this character. 

6-A2-B2-F22-CAEC-46-C6-99-C6-8-DDF149-F4

Q. Your own criteria for choosing the scenario. 

A. I just go for “FUN.” If it’s fun, it’s more likely that I will choose that movie. But fun is actually very subjective. When it becomes too subjective, you can’t sympathize with other people. Of course it not going to be a box office hit. Fortunately, when my subjective fun works as an objective fun, it will be a work that is popular with many people. There are varieties of forms of fun. In case of the movie “The Fortress”, it’s not easy to say that it’s a fun movie when you first get the scenario of it. It’s the movie that depicts a heavy emotion and heavy sadness, and that heavy emotion and heavy sadness is what I find fun in it. There are just many different forms. Sometimes, you find hilarious movie as fun, and sometimes, you find scary movies as fun. So even if there are varieties of it, if it’s fun for me personally, it’s a fun movie. 

Q. Expressing active opinion when working on a movie. 

A. When you’re done making a movie, it becomes the part of an art of 100 years. For those 100 years, people have been searching and watching movies, and I think we should be very careful and put our heart and soul into it when we’re working on a movie. Same goes with other things, but when you’re working on a movie, there might be an opportunity which won’t be given after that day’s filming, and there might be a part where you’d miss out on all the possibilities that you could have done like ‘This and That.’ If it doesn’t deviate from writer's and director’s intentions, be it a good dialogue, and if we could make it even more interesting and show it to the director, he could be like “Oh that also sounds interesting!”, then who would say no? And since movie is a work made by everyone’s effort, I think such efforts can be brought out by anyone, not just me as an actor. 

Q. Is that how the infamous line, “I’m going to Mojito and have a cup of Maldives” came out? 

A. Yes. To be honest, for Inside Men’s “Mojito”, because of that character I thought, “Wouldn’t he be able to say that?” Like there are times when we miss a foreign language or say something wrong because we’re confused. That could be the case. If you’ve never been to the place but only have heard it from someone else, and then while you tell that to another person, it could come out in that way. I thought so and during a rehearsal, When I did that, all staffs liked it so much and the director liked it too but when I tried to do it, I thought, “Is this comedy a little too overboard?” The Over-the-top comedy we always talked about, it’s funny but it makes you laugh a bit bitterly, like it could be funny while you are watching but when you come out, you could be like, “Ah, that was a bit childish.” We were worried that the audience might think of it as that kind of comedy, but fortunately, many people found it enjoyable. 

5180-C18-B-5338-4-E49-ADC5-8-FA18-C10717

Q. The image you want to be remembered as from the audience. 

A. I’ve heard this questions many times before, but I think the answer I have is still the same. An actor who wants to be continuously seen in this field of work. I know it’s going to be really hard to remain so in distant future but I still want to be that kind of an actor. 

<< I know there are a lot of grammatical errors as well as expressions that I failed to translate, but I will try and correct them later if I can spot them lol. Also, I looked for ways to put subtitles in the video Itself and post here, but seems it’s hard due to copyright issues and not directly being able to post from your computer. If anyone’s able to do, I would appreciate it. Thank you! >> :cutekitty:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

September 24, 2020

5180-C18-B-5338-4-E49-ADC5-8-FA18-C10717

Thank you so much @Ephoenix for translating this article.  You did a wonderful job.  In my past experiences with translations, I find interviews the most difficult.  The Korean language's form and sentence structures are very different from  English.   Since I mostly translate articles that were already translated from Korean to Chinese, I fear that some things are lost in translations.   

• Like 4

September 25, 2020 

You're welcome Barbara and thank you! Yes, interviews are really hard compared to articles. Even using translation app often gives out weird translations that makes no sense at all. Haha. This one's was short, so it was fine. :)

Update

It seems LBH sent his virtual greetings via zoom to the audience of KACF Gala 2020, which was held in New York on 23, September. 

Thanks to @ByungBlue for sharing on Twitter. 

Screenshot-20200924-093535.png

Also, 

Throwback picture of LBH on the filming set of IRIS was shared by IG account @Hotelday with a caption: 

"These kids who visited the set of IRIS are already a college students. Time flies."

hotelday-20200925-1.jpg

• Like 4

September 27, 2020

Another Junior fanboy alert! :wub:

Actor Seo Hyeon-woo, who has seen the rise in his popularity after his potrayal of Reporter Kim Moo-jin (I love him!) in recently finished tvN drama called “Flower Of Evil”, mentioned LBH in one of his interviews with Top Daily. 

Video source: 

Q: Is there any role model among actors? 

A: When I first started as an actor, I respected everyone. I respect the seniors who has been working for a long time, but among them, I really respect Lee Byung Hun sunbaenim. He can freely cross between tragic and comedy, and in junior actors’ community, on the filming location, and In his relationships with People in general too, he’s very good and highly respected. So, if I dare say it, I would like to choose him as my role model and sunbaenim whom I respect.

Here are some pictures of him with LBH in The Man Standing Next, where he played A Security Commander Jeon Du-Hyeok. He was briefly in ASHFALL too. Let’s hope they will get to work together again. :yay:

561-D7-A25-8-F7-A-4456-96-C0-B658-E914-C

0624-DD91-4-C42-4-BD5-8-AD2-1-C056-D259-

• Like 5

September 28, 2020

The Man Standing Next has applied for the selection of South Korean entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at The 93rd Academy Awards. 

Here are the list of 13 applicants:

• Penninsula 
  • The Man Standing Next 
  • Bring me home 
  • Moving on 
  • Beasts that cling to the straw 
  • Paper Flower 
  • Night of the Undead 
  • An Old Lady 
  • Sangjin group English TOEIC class 
  • Confession 
  • Life is beautiful 
  • Steel Rain-2 Summit 
  • Deliver us from Evil 

GOOD LUCK FOR THE MAN STANDING NEXT. HOPE IT GETS SELECTED AND ALSO GETS NOMINATED! *PRAYING*** 

Thanks to @hhminee for the highlight in twitter. 

“KB차차차 and The Acting God Lee Byung Hun met”

KB차차차 released behind the scenes of the filming of TVCF With LBH. 

A fan highlighted on twitter about the recent short vacation of LBH and LMJ with their son at Jeju island and shared the blog posted by knetz who spotted them. Blogger mentioned that her husband spotted them. They were having a nice time together. LBH looked cool and LMJ beautiful. Jun-ho was playing around so she didn’t get to see him properly. 

2947-A8-CB-A303-4887-A7-F9-50-B38-A1360-

Thanks to this account for the highlight.<3

• Like 3

September 29, 2020

It's a Chuseok week in South Korea. Unlike other chuseok which were always spent among families and friends having good food and good time, this year, South Korean government is asking everyone not to travel to their hometown for celebration because of risk of spread of infection of COVID-19. 

So they came up with the idea of Korean celebrities with their recommendations on songs and movies/series to listen to and watch during the 5 day holiday of Chuseok. 

0003056250-005-20200929103234545.jpg

For movies/series, LBH Recommended: 'Michael Jordan: The Last Dance' (2020)

"A documentary about Michael Jordan's life story. Michael Jordan's whole life is full of fun and meaning." After a long period of consideration, Lee recommended Michael Jordan's documentary. It is the original documentary about the golden age of the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan, the basketball emperor known as the NBA legend. Does a pro recognize a pro and the best recognize the best? 30th anniversary of his debut and another legend recommended by Lee Byung-hun, who is becoming a legend in the Korean film industry, is interesting. You can meet on Netflix.

51k-G7-TKIV-L-SX355.jpg

For songs/albums, LBH recommended Louis Miguel Album

He recommended the Louis Miguel album. It is a masterpiece that does not require an explanation for each album so that it is hard to pick one best song. Lee also added information about Louis Miguel, describing him as "a singer who sings exotic music in a beautiful tone." "Louis Miguel, who debuted in 1981, has been the most famous singer in Latin America since the early 80s and is called the 'Sun of Mexico.' He has won five Grammy Awards and has sold 75 million albums worldwide. Countless singers and artists around the world pick Lewis Miguel's album as the best album of their lives," he said, adding a detailed explanation.

Sources: Naver Naver 

• Like 4

October 1, 2020 

april-2020-10-01-00-23-53-077.jpg

Here are the three movies recommended by LBH for Chuseok Home cinema, and shared by Cine_21 on their IG. They also tagged LBH for more movie recommendation on his IG page. 

▪ The Big Lebiwski (1998)

▪ The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) 

▪ Being John Malkovich (1999) 

HIS TASTE!!! :ilike:

Also, 

BH Entertainment updated on their IG on how the actors and actresses going to spend Chuseok this year with the picture of the sky taken by themselves. LBH had written #Congratulating on mother's birthday with the picture of a sunset sky. 

A big thanks to @Byungblue on Twitter for telling me it's Mama Lee's birthday around this time and helping me read his handwriting.(It was hard.:sweatingbullets:)

IMG-20201001-003220.jpg

• Like 3

Oct 1, 2020.

Happy Chuseok everyone!

20201001.jpg

Today is August 15 on the Lunar calendar.  It is the Mid-Autumn Festival in China and Chuseok (Thanksgiving ) in Korea.  

Wishing Byung Hun-ssi and Min Jung-ssi a wonderful Chuseok celebration with Joon Hoo-ssi!  

• Like 4

October 5, 2020

24-F9060-A-F1-D3-4418-B4-B4-64333-FD9-F6

Source: Naver

Actor Yoo Ah-in will play the role of Go legend Lee Chang-ho in the movie "The Match," alongside Lee Byung-hun.

According to the film industry on Thursday, Yoo recently decided to appear in the movie "The Match" and is working on details. “The Match” is the story of a baduk master who has to play an inevitable game with his disciple. It is based on the true story of Go legend Cho Hoon-hyun and Lee Chang-ho, who were forced to become rivals. "Secretary" Kim Hyung-joo will take the megaphone and produce it at MoonLight, a film company.

Earlier, Lee Byung-hun decided to appear as Cho Hoon-hyun, a ninth grader. As Yoo Ah-in has decided to play the role of Lee Chang-ho, attention is being paid to the acting competition between the two actors.

Following this year's movie, "#Live," Yoo will meet the audience with "Voice of silence," a role without a single line. He will then appear in "The Match" without a break and play a completely different character that he has never shown before. Since Lee Chang-ho's ninth grader is a legend of Go who did not show any mood swings enough to be called stone Buddha, attention is being paid to how Yoo Ah-in will express Lee Chang-ho's ninth grader.

Meanwhile, "The Match" aims to complete pre-production and shoot in December.

I’M SCREAMING WITH JOY AT THIS NEWS! THE COMBINATION OMG! :omg:

Also, Child Actor Kim Kang hoon will reportedly play the young version of Lee Chang-ho. So it's a Adult Eugene Choi and young Choi Yu-jin reunion as a master and disciple. :wub:

april-2020-10-05-21-32-29-953.jpg

• Like 3