Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

@Annelyse Court congratulations!! It looks wonderful with all the bts pictures and storyboards. That scene of "Save me" will forever be iconic. This year marks the 20th anniversary of JSA. Can't believe it's been that long already. LBH looks so beautiful in that movie. I'm planning to rewatch myself soon and cry all over again. :D

• Like 4

November 17, 2020 

So we got a spoiler on what we're getting on November 19. It's an actorology series Vol 1 of LBH with a content of his performance and life. And since it's not officially out yet, it's not shared publicly as well and Rubeurs deleted soon after posting themselves. Thanks to fellow mutuals on Twitter, I got my hands on the supposed cover and the table of contents. I'm so excited for this book!! :w00t:

IMG-20201117-084116.jpg

The first volume of the Actorology series. The book is based on the acting theory of actor Lee Byung-hun, who has been active for 30 years since his debut in 1991, the evolution of this actor, witnessed by the director of Actor Research Institute Baek Eun-ha, through her 20-year career as a journalist, and objective and diverse data collected and analyzed for a year, including interviews with Lee Byung-hun himself and various colleaguesLee Byung-hun was chosen as the first actor of acting studies, which has never been attempted in Korea before, and is about his acting and life.

Table of Contents

Intro 

Launching the 'Actorology Series' - Baek Eun-ha

Recommendation: "I'm bound to admire and underline" - film critic Heo Moon-young

Anatomy 

Characters 

1. Lee Soo-hyuk  Joint Security Area JSA 

2. Seo In-woo 〈Bungee Jumping Of Their Own〉 

3. "A BitterSweet Life" Kim Sun-woo. 

4. Park Chang-yi's "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" 

5. Haseon and Gwanghae (Gwanghae, Man Who Became King) 

6. Ahn Sang-gu's "Inside Men"

7. Kim Gyu-pyeong's "The Man Standing Next" 

Beats

Let's do it, love.

"Once in a Summer." 

The orator of Arena, Master 

The vertex is silent. "The Fortress" 

Collaboration 

Ensemble 

Lee Byung-hun and Song Kang-ho 

Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Do-yeon

Collegues 

Movie director Kim Ji woon

Movie director Lee Ju-young 

Martial Arts Director Jung Doo-hong 

Kim Sul-woo, a field still writer 

Photographer Kim Young-joon 

Actor Park Jung-min 

Sohn Suk-woo, CEO of BH Entertainment 

Analysis 

Stardom 

Star DNA 

The Five Era of Stardom 

Industry 

Chungmuro Box Office 

Master of Challenges, Jumpes, and Rises, Lee Byung-hun 

25 Years of box office runners  

advertisement  

a brand named Lee Byung-hun 

Interview 

Lee Byung-Hun  Baek Eun-Ha 

Byunghunology 

Critic 

Lee Byung-hun, written by critic Pierce Conran 

Actorology 

Lee Byung-hun, written by actor researcher Baek Eun-ha 

About 

Lee Byung-hun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ephoenix said:

17 novembre 2020 

Nous avons donc un spoiler sur ce que nous obtenons le 19 novembre. C'est une série d'actologie Vol 1 de LBH avec un contenu de sa performance et de sa vie. Et comme il n'est pas encore officiellement sorti, il n'est pas non plus partagé publiquement et Rubeurs a été supprimé peu de temps après s'être publié. Grâce à d'autres mutuelles sur Twitter, j'ai mis la main sur la prétendue couverture et la table des matières. Je suis tellement excité pour ce livre !! : w00t:

@ÉphénixThanks for this info, I had actually seen on Instagram some clues that suddenly disappeared:huh:. This book must be great and very interesting, I hope that from France we can also enjoy it. :):unsure:

• Like 4

@Annelyse Court you're welcome. Yes. The official fansite of LBH did post it but took it down because it's not officially out yet. That's why fans on Twitter are also refraining from posting any info regarding it publicly. 

And yes, I am super excited for this book and wishing for it to get translated (although I doubt it :tears:), but still I can't wait to get my hands on it. It looks really interesting. So happy for him! :wub:

Also, 

Fans highlighted this on Twitter. It turns out, Inside Men anniversary is also on November 19, and Date of Birth of Kang Jae-hoon (A Single Rider) is also November 19. I'm totally speechless by these connections and wondering if this date really has some meaning in LBH's life. 

Thanks to his dedicated fan:wub:

• Like 4

November 17, 2020 

"ACTOR LEE BYUNG HUN", The nation's first Actor Research Book

Source: Naver 

april-2020-11-17-22-01-37-082.jpg

Korea's first actor research book, "Actor Lee Byung-hun," has confirmed its release on the 26th, and pre-order will be opened from November 19. 

"Actor Lee Byung-hun" is a book based on objective and diverse data collected and analyzed for a year, including the acting theory of actor Lee Byung-hun, who has been active for 30 years since his debut in 1991, the evolution of the actor who has witnessed through her 20-year career as a journalist, and interviews with Lee Byung-hun himself and various colleagues.

Baek Eun-ha, director of the Actor Research Institute, is in the first installment of the "Actorology Series," which advocates acting. Lee Byung-hun was chosen as the first actor of acting studies that has never been attempted in Korea, and the story focuses on his acting and life.

Overseas, a series of star studies by the British Film Institute (BFI) and the "Anatomy of an actor" series by Cahiers du Cinema, France, have been published that has attracted the attention of one actor, including Meryl Streep, Robert De Niro, Tom Cruise, and Nicole Kidman.

The book thoroughly dissects Lee Byung-hun's representative works from "Joint Security Area JSA" to "The Man Standing Next" and analyzes the star and objectivity of Lee Byung-hun based on honest interviews with colleagues such as actor Song Kang-ho, actress Jeon Do-yeon, director Kim Ji-woon and management company CEO Son Suk-woo, who analyzed the star and box office success of Lee Byung-hun based on analysis. It consists of Lee Byung-hun's honest interview, and finally, "Byunghunology," written by movie critic Pierce Conran and actor researcher Baek Eun-ha.

From the time when he was selected as an actor for KBS' public recruitment in 1991 to his current activities in 2020, more than 100 photographic materials will be included, which will add to the public interest.

Baek Eun-ha, the author of the book, said, Lee Byung-hun is the most optimal actor of his time, as he seeks multi-faceted, multi-layered ways to study actors and presents various methodologies. He is an actor who has proven himself with concrete results, showing more three-dimensional activities and a wider spectrum than anyone else.

'Actor Lee Byung-hun' starts pre-orders at 10 a.m. on the 19th at Kyobo Bookstore, Yes24, Aladdin, and the Smart Store of the Actor's Research Institute, and will be available at online and offline bookstores nationwide from the 26th.

Author Baek Eun-ha, Director of the Actor Research Institute. 

20201118-010736.jpg

Link for Pre Order : Here

The amount of LBH contents we getting today, oh my!! :w00t:

Actor Lee Byung Hun's congratulatory message at the 15th University Film Festival of Korea. 

• Like 4

@Annelyse Court here’s the link to preorder the book. https://global.yes24.com/Goods/95538061 

I tried ordering, guess how much my shipping cost came out.. it’s $58.74 when book costs me abt $50. I knew it though. Ugh I’m so torn on what to do. I really want this book. I hope it does not get sold out by the time I make up my mind. :cries:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

November 19, 2020

Lee Byung hun, the official model for MI4, a massive multiplayer online role playing game. 

43-B83-AA2-4-A37-4-D64-A127-6-DEE3569-D4

C82-E1335-060-F-4544-89-D8-BB2-DEA79047-

Wemade's anticipated blockbuster mobile MMORPG "Mir 4" will be officially released on the 25th. After actress Seo Ye-ji, WeMade is making all-out efforts to promote "Mir 4" with national actor Lee Byung-hun. Chairman Park Kwan-ho will step up as the general producer.

On the 19th, WeMade held an on-tact showcase through the game exhibition "G-Star2020" and made the announcement. On the same day, WeMade unveiled its new promotional model, Lee Byung-hun, and announced its release on the 25th. Lee Byung-hun will join the "Mir 4" campaign in the name of Black Dragon who faces the resentful White Dragon. 

WeMade also released a new commercial video of its official model Seo Ye-ji and newly joined official model actor Lee Byung-hun. WeMade has prepared a new commercial video called "Mogwang Dragon Twin," in which the two actors transformed into white and black dragons symbolizing Freedom and Coexistence (Seo Ye-ji), and (Lee Byung hun) Power and Order. The most important game will be released on November 25th, according to newly joined model Lee Byung-hun.

English Translation of his message on the launching of this game: 

“Hello, I am MIR4’s official model Lee Byung hun. It’s an honor to be here with the most anticipated masterpieces of 2020, mobile MMORPG MIR4. I know there are a lot of people waiting for this moment. I am very excited myself. Here’s the long awaited launch date for MI4.”

• Like 5

November 29, 2020.

Lee Min-jung "♥ ︎ Lee Byung-hun, 
je ne pensais pas pouvoir rencontrer une autre personne que j'aimais de cette façon" ('Gamsung Camping')

[OSEN = Reporter Kang Seo-jung] L' 
acteur Lee Min-jung a révélé une histoire d'amour avec son mari Lee Byung-hun.

@Annelyse CourtMerci beaucoup pour la merveilleuse nouvelle concernant le programme télévisé de Lee Min Jung.  Moi aussi, je voulais vraiment savoir pourquoi MJ ne pensais pas pouvoir rencontrer une autre personne qu'elle aimait de cette façon.

I sincerely hope some kind fan will tape the interview and provide sub-titles.  If I find this video with Chinese subtitles in the LBH Chinese fan's Weibo site, I shall gladly translate. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@peonie Barbara, it will air today I think and will soon gets subbed and be available for int'l viewers. I've been waiting for her eps (which is eps 5) since it was announced she is their first guest. It will be on watchasian.co.         

They are doing a whole cowboy theme and ofc it would be incomplete without a parody of 3 noms of GBW. And Lee Min Jung looks gorgeous. Will share it here once it's available with subs. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

November 20, 2020

LMJ updated her IG with comedian Park Na-re, who is cosplaying as Park Chang Yi, with her caption "Lol"

So I did something :lol:

april-2020-11-20-04-06-04-872.jpg

Real Park Chang Yi be like..... lol 

Also, I read they will be sending the pictures of all 3 cosplaying as THE GOOD, THE ONE WHO LOOK LIKE LBH, THE WEIRD, to Jung Woo Sung, Lee Byung Hun and Song Kang Ho and will have their reaction in the eps. Really can't wait to see the eps now. :D

• Like 4

November 21, 2020 

MIR4 released their first poster of LBH and a 30s clip as Black Dragon on their Naver page. I got goosebumps. IT LOOKS SO COOL!!! :coolshades:

4a6dd0398aaeca6764aee6c04f61a20f.jpg

There's still a HD quality video yet to be released, but in the meantime, we can enjoy this.B) We truly are blessed this year with so many LBH contents while we are going through the usual dreadful long wait for this next projects. 

Thanks to hhminee on Twitter. <3

• Like 4

Thanks @Ephoenix for sharing the link, this show made me laugh a lot (especially the canoe that runs in circles).:joy:
The «Korean Grand Canyon» is beautiful and the references to GBW very fun. The answer of « » LBH on the photo of the girls in disguise made me smile he is really a man of few words ;)

Lee Min-jung, and her big eyes, is really adorable, I love her simplicity, she and her husband apparently have a great complicity, it’s nice to hear that LBH is a loving and caring father and husband. :wub:
Guess she’s a great cook, I wonder how they can stay so thin even when cooking is healthy with everything they eat :D

• Like 3

@Annelyse Court I too finally watched it and loved it so much! It’s such a wholesome episode. Bunch of women from all ages, laughing, sharing a hearty meal, and simply enjoying the adventure and talking about life. Their camaraderie was amazing and loved how LMJ blended so perfectly with them. It didn’t feel like she is the guest of the show. She looked so comfortable and pro in her game. B) The Barber Of Seville was great and this was even better. 

707-C8127-3788-4886-84-DF-1319-AC09-CA68

Felt sorry for LBH though I knew they would bring that dance from Tokyo Dome again and again lol. They will never let that poor man forget that ever, and LMJ revealing how he’s gonna hate it so much made me laugh so loud.(sorry LBH:sweatingbullets:), but seriously though, they need to stop doing that. It’s too old joke to even sound funny.<_<. And I really love LMJ’s personality ever since I first got to see in the barber of Seville and realized how LBH and her are perfect for each other because they seem like they share the same brain cells and understand each other really well. 

B1-FE6156-AEC6-4377-B92-B-B11-D2-B8-AC5-

That moment when they were paddling in circles was the funniest but also my favorite scene because of the nice heart to heart talk between two married women in the backdrop of beautiful and serene nature. LMJ talking about her life, her husband, her son, being a mother, and how she is managing her career in between was so praiseworthy. I can’t help but appreciate her more and more, always. Also, she mentioning about LBH’s dad always playing with him, and him doing the same with his son, Joon-hoo brought me to tears and brought back all the memories of what he said about his father in his interview at the opening of LBH theater last year.

And that part, where she mentioned about postpartum depression, being every women’s nightmare- I hate how media twisted her words and put on a wrong headlines in their articles, that LMJ had to share in her IG that screenshot clarifying it. “LBH who helped LMJ get better from postpartum depression” was the headline, when there clearly wasn’t anything where she said she had one. This is the reason why we should always take what media presents to us not seriously. And also that’s the reason why I think LBH is so careful about talking in media and in interviews because his words have been presented in a twisted way in the past and then everyone starting to point fingers at him. Seriously so sickening. 

AB925-A1-D-4-DC3-4691-BF21-F9-C67-D3-A37

Anyway, That part of LBH texting tho. lmao. Such a ahjussi kind of texting lol. Short and to the point. But loved how LMJ has saved his number with the name “***내편***” which literally means “My Side”, as in someone who is on her side, someone she could rely on, her strongest backup in life. That’s the sweetest thing and I was squealing when I saw those screenshots on twitter. If that isn’t the bestest, cutest and sweetest thing, then i don’t know what it is. :wub:

And last but not the least, LMJ cooking. Man it was always so satisfying to watch her work. More or less, I’m like her when I’m in kitchen although my food doesn’t look as good as hers and probably do not taste as good but yeah, the whole vibe of “This is my zone” is so relatable. And it felt great to see all of them amazed by her and enjoy her food. And yeah, idk how they are so thin after munching on so much lol. I can just inhale air and gain weight. Lol. But it was indeed such a great eps overall and I can’t wait to watch what they have for us next week. It was such a feel good episode. :fullofhearts:

P.S. I swear I think I’ll go nuts if I loose these pictures I shared after another software updates. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Annelyse Court said:

@Éphénix I look forward to receiving this book, did you finally order it ?

No not yet. I keep turning back from making the full transaction. I had asked in the publisher's IG for making this book available in English. They replied with “Maybe, someday.”, which sounds so uncertain in itself but considering he is a global star, I feel like there’s a chance it might happen if international publishers are willing. And I’m waiting for that good news, once this book makes its official debut. But if not, yes I’ll buy the Korean version. This is something of him I must have it for myself. 

• Like 4

November 24, 2020 

Korea's iconic actor Lee Byung-hun untangled  

optimize
"Actor Lee Byung-hun" written by Beck Una / Courtesy of Hohohobeach

By Park Han-sol

"Actor Lee Byung-hun," which delves into the life, filmography and craft of one of Korea's greatest screen performers of his time, will be published Thursday as the actor celebrates the 30th anniversary of his screen debut.

The 288-page book was written by film journalist and author Beck Una and published by her company Una Labo Actorology, which is dedicated to the comprehensive study of individual actors through the field she calls "actorology." Such detailed analyses of actors' star personas and performance styles have been conducted before and well received, including the British Film Institute's "Film Stars" series and French Cahiers du Cinema's "Anatomy of an Actor," but it had never been done before in Korea, the publishing house said.

"Actor Lee Byung-hun," therefore, will serve as the first book of Beck's "actorology" series. The book traces the development of Lee's onscreen personae as well as his acting style since his debut in 1991, and explores the significance of his influence on the modern Korean cinematic world. Its vivid, insightful descriptions come from Beck's two decades of journalistic experience and interview excerpts she has conducted and compiled over the years.

The volume follows Lee's role in the Korean film renaissance and the global Korean Wave to his Hollywood debut; in the process, it looks into the changes and growth of the Korean entertainment industry as a whole.

It is divided into five sections: anatomy, collaboration, analysis, interview and "Byunghunology." The anatomy chapter dissects the works Lee has starred in from "Joint Security Area" (2000) to "The Man Standing Next" (2020) and includes the actor's own words describing the character building process. Excerpts from interviews with Lee himself, his colleagues and directors are placed in the collaboration and interview chapter.

"The fact that Lee is honest and straightforward means he does not confine himself by the walls he builds. I think that has given much freedom in his growth as an actor. It seems that his boyish innocence and optimism have provided him with the freedom to try different things and in the end, have served as the basis for expanding his performance career," "Parasite" actor Song Kang-ho said of Lee in the book.

The book also examines Lee's star quality and box office performance based on the statistical data. It ends with the coined term "Byunghunology" co-written by Beck and film critic Pierce Conran that brings the whole work of cinematic research together.

Lee said in his interview with Beck that in order to sincerely portray a character in a scenario, he needs to bring in the elements from his subconscious mind, defining acting as "the world of another me that exists in my unconsciousness."

In addition to the detailed analysis, the volume contains more than a hundred previously unpublished movie stills, film sequences and behind-the-scenes photography.

"Lee Byung-hun was the most perfect actor among his contemporaries to analyze in a multifaceted and multilayered way because he is a performer who has proven himself with three-dimensional performances and a wide acting spectrum that have resulted in concrete achievements," Beck recounts.

Source: The Korea Times

• Like 4