Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

July 30, 2020 

Since we didn't get to see his beautiful face because of the mask, his fan on Twitter blessing us with a beautiful fanart of LBH without a mask and smiling brightly.:wub:

I wish I could draw like them. 

• Like 3

July 31, 2020

LBH's close friend Choi Hyun-seok sent him a Softtruck ice cream truck with a message, "I'm rooting for Lee Byung Hun (Mr. Sun) and the team of Emergency Declaration." 

LBH posted on IG with the reply, "Thank you for the delicious meal, I enjoyed it well, Mr. Moon." (Is this their inside joke about referring to each other and Mr. Sun and Mr. Moon? Hmm.... 

byunghun0712-20200731-1.jpg

byunghun0712-20200731-2.jpg

A LBH fan on Twitter compiled all LBH's part from the 2nd version video of 22nd Chunsa Film Art Awards in June. Thanks to @hhminee :wub:

• Like 4

August 1, 2020 

april-2020-08-01-11-41-25-660.jpg

LBH was mentioned again by comedian Moon Se-yoon in the New episode of "Delicious guys", which was broadcasted on July 31st. This time he revealed his reunion with Lee Byung Hun at the 56th Baeksang Art Awards in June this year. 

Comedian Moon Se-yoon made headlines last year when he met LBH in bathroom during 55th Baeksang Art Awards, and revealed the story of LBH and his gentle humor in embarrassing situation where LBH said, "We can't even shake hands since we met like this." 

Moon Se-yoon said he went to the bathroom 5 mins before the live broadcast of the award show. Since there were many stars using bathroom at once, they've run out of paper wipes. So, he, after washing his hands had come out without wiping his hands as well and sat down at his designated seat. The seats were maintained at 2m distance because of social distancing. Suddenly, someone greeted "Hello" to him from behind. When he turned around, it was Lee Byung Hun himself. This time LBH greeted him first while he was passing by, unlike last time. So he nervously greeted him back. He could see water dripping off from his hands (Since there were no paper wipes in the bathroom). Just then LBH went on and said, "This time too, we can't shake hands.", and just went along towards his seat. :lol:

Why is he like this? His dad jokes are so adorable. This is "Series 2" of their encounter at Baeksang and still not getting to have a proper handshake, lol. I hope they get to finally do it next year and we get our "Series 3" Haha... 

Btw, during promotion of TMSN, they went to "Cultwo show" radio show and there too, they deliberately edited/didn't show his handshake with comedian Moon Se-yoon. The camera went n focused on Lee Hee-Joon when LBH was about to greet him. That's what I think.:D

april-2020-08-01-11-33-26-966.jpg

You can watch current eps of Delicious guys here: http://naver.me/xsvOyLIM

• Like 3

August 3, 2020 

LBH DC inside gallery sent a refreshing drink truck to LBH at the filming location of Emergency Declaration. Their messages reads, "Waiting for Emergency Declaration to blow up the emergency situation.", and "We wish you success of Emergency Declaration." 

LBH posted his IG saying, " Thank you LBH gallery for taking a trouble to send it on this heavy rain. I'll drink well." 

byunghun0712-20200803-2.jpg

byunghun0712-20200803-1.jpg

• Like 4

August 3, 2020 

ANOTHER NEW PROJECT ON THE WAY!!! 

0000684978-001-20200804104228041.jpg

BH Entertainmet actors Lee Byung-hun and Park Bo-young has been casted in "Vanishing time" director Uhm Tae-hwa's new dark SF movie called "Concrete Utopia." This is director UTH's comeback after 4 years since his last movie "Vanishing Time: A boy who returned." 

Although the two actors have been casted to work together, it's said that they will not be facing each other on screen. However, the anticipation is growing not only because of these trustworthy actors but because director Uhm Tae-hwa has established himself as a good fantasy genre director from his previous works. 

The movie is expected to start filming from March 2021.

Source: http://naver.me/Fn6XLkeM

april-2020-08-04-00-04-19-208.jpg

Actor Park Seo-joon is reportedly been offered as one of the main roles along with LBH and PBY in this movie making them another most anticipated movie to watch out for.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

August 4, 2020 

Actor Song Seung-heon sent coffee drinks to LBH at the filming location of Emergency Declaration with the message, “I’m rooting for Emergency Declaration of actor Lee Byung-hun,” and “To all actors and staff of ED, Cheer up!” 
LBH posted on his IG with the caption, “I enjoyed it, brother. Would you like to have dinner together?”(Referring to actor Song Seung-heon’s drama Dinner mate which ended recently, where his character asks this question to his partner.):D

Their bromance is truly iconic! :wub:

BE55-B787-D467-46-E8-A799-20-C359-BCA2-F

68-C110-ED-B2-ED-4-D36-B8-DC-7-BBCF5-F4-

• Like 4

August 4, 2020

Update: Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, And Lee Byung Hun Confirmed For New Thriller Film

4-FF9508-E-83-CE-4598-AE2-E-EABA48-E39-A

“Concrete Utopia” (working title) has announced its lineup of leading actors!

Lotte Entertainment confirmed on August 4 that Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, and Lee Byung Hun will be starring in the upcoming thriller.

The film is about those who survived in a city that went to ruins after a massive earthquake destroyed all the concrete.

Lee Byung Hun’s character Young Tak is a leader who works to protect Hwang Goong Apartment from outsiders. Park Seo Joon will play Min Sung, a salaryman who gets chosen to assist Young Tak and becomes increasingly bold as he encounters crises. Park Bo Young has been cast as Min Sung’s wife and former nurse Myung Hwa, a warm character who cares for those who are hurt in dangerous situations.

“Concrete Utopia” is working to begin production in 2021.

Source (1)

Original Article:

Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, and Lee Byung Hun may be uniting in a new film!

On August 4, industry representatives reported that the actors will be starring in the new film “Concrete Utopia” (working title) by director Um Tae Hwa.

In response to the report, BH Entertainment commented, “Lee Byung Hun and Park Bo Young are positively considering [the offers] to star in director Um Tae Hwa’s new film ‘Concrete Utopia.'” Park Seo Joon’s agency has yet to comment on the report.

Sci-fi film “Concrete Utopia” is Um Tae Hwa’s first project in four years since “Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned.” Filming is reportedly scheduled to begin in March 2021.

source: soompi 

@peonie we need to make a new thread for his new movie now! =) I just created a new thread on it. It needs some editing. Can you help me? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

August 10, 2020 

Wishing our beloved Hunnie couple Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung a very Happy 7th Wedding Anniversary!!!! 

May their future together be filled with loads of happiness, good health and laughter. Here’s to more amazing years of being blessed and fabulous together!

:heart3:

CA6-A310-C-A824-4-F93-AE2-F-2948-D7-B1-F

Wishes from Fans on twitter: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 1

August 12, 2020 

LBH's manager Yhoony (Choi Young-hoon) posted an Insta story and it looks like a schedule of LBH. 

"Filming a movie, TV CF filming, Photoshoot and attendance." 

The location is Forest of Wisdom, a book cafe in Paju. Is it just a random location or LBH is actually attending it for a purpose?:huh:

Whatever it is, I'm excited. LBH sure doesn't know what rest is. He's on a roll with TV CF filming these days. Resort, Hotel, Cars, tooth brush, pizza, coffee tea and now what's next?:P Now we might have photoshoot interviews as well. Also, 77th Venice International Film Festival is happening from Sept 2- Sept 12, 2020. Unlike the other film festivals this year which decided to do everything online, 77th VIFF is planning to hold the festival as usual but in a "More restrictive format" due to ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. 

Will LBH attend it as well as a representative goodwill ambassador for Swiss watch brand Jaeger- LeCoultre like last year? Hmm... 

His Insta story: 

Spoiler

IMG-20200812-132504.jpg

LMJ posted our adorable Baby Joon-ho's message to her. It reads, 

"To Mom: 

Good luck with filming! Don't forget your lines! I'm looking forward to it." 

Love. 

Jun." 

Her caption reads, "The spelling isn't perfect yet but the sincerity and feelings of my son's handwritten letter are perfect! Look forward to it!^^" ~ 

He's so adorable. Did appa Lee help him write it? It's so cute. :wub:

216jung-20200813-1.jpg

• Like 3

August 13, 2020 

LBH updated his IG with two pictures but with no captions. From the background it looks like the same place our Manager Choi posted his IG story yesterday. So we have something coming up featuring Forest of Wisdom bookcafe in Paju?

His selfie game is strong as always and he looks fierce with that hair!:D

byunghun0712-20200813-2.jpg

byunghun0712-20200813-3.jpg

• Like 3

August 19, 2020 

LBH updated his IG with a new documentary recommendation called "Daughter of the light", a Chinese movie in Tibetan language, about a journey of a 13 year old girl, who was abandoned by her parents at young age. More info here.

COA20185.jpg

Spoiler

12-F18-D23-06-F2-4-FA3-93-EC-401-F07-CC5

This is LBH's 2nd documentary recommendation about a journey of a Tibetan child that he shared in his IG, after he shared about 2016 documentary "Becoming who I was." back in Jan 2019.

It was about a journey of a 9 year old young boy with his eldery guardian after discovering he is the reincarnated (Rinpoche) Buddhist guru, from northern India to Tibet to find his rightful place in the world. 

becoming-who-i-was-werden-wer-ich-war-pu

Both documentaries strongly dwells on the social, cultural and geographical changes Tibet has gone and still going through. About human relationships, their individual struggles, a parent-child relationships, and how these children have been affected by these changes and carries a strong social messages. 

His choices of movies and documentaries really makes me emotional sometimes and make a me love and respect him more.:tears: 

• Like 3

August 23, 2020 

ANOTHER NEW PROJECT ON THE WAY!!!! :hooray2:

0002888936-001-20200824101013384.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-hun will appear in a movie about the story of Go legend Cho Hoon-hyun.

According to the film industry on Monday, Lee has recently decided to appear in "The Match" (Literal title) and is working on details. This movie is the story of a legendary baduk master who has to play an inevitable game with his disciple. It is based on the true story of Go legend Cho Hoon-hyun and Lee Chang-ho, who were forced to become rivals.

Movie “The Match” is going to deeply portray the story of a Baduk master who eventually teaches everything to his disciple and finally has to compete with him, who may surpass him, and a disciple who has to surpass his teacher. 
"The Sheriff on the town" Director Kim Hyung-joo will be directing it and will be produced by Moonlight, a film company.

Rumor has it that Lee decided to appear on the movie with full confidence in the scenario and Moonlight production. Movie “The Match” is a long prepared project in Moonlight company and Lee Byung Hun’s decision to appear has taken a rapid turn in production. 

Currently, only LBH has been decided to play the role of Cho Hoon-Hyun, and Lee Chang ho, the role of 9-dan rank Go player, has yet to be confirmed. The production company is planning to open up audition for young actors and cast them as it has to play the time when Lee Chang ho, dubbed “Stone Buddha,” was a teenager. 

Attention is expected to be drawn to who will play the role of Lee Chang ho, who will have to play the role of a disciple and a rival. 

After finishing Han Jae-rim's "Emergency Declaration," Lee plans to shoot "The Match" first, followed by Um Tae-hwa's "Concrete Utopia" next year.

Initially, Lee planned to shoot Noh Hee-kyung's drama "HERE" after "Emergency Declaration." However, as "HERE" was not able to be filmed overseas due to the aftermath of the COVID-19 Pandemic, he began to look for another film after the production was delayed.

Later, Lee reportedly decided to shoot the masterpiece "Concrete Utopia" next year, and before that, he decided to shoot "The Match" at the end of this year.

After finishing major casting and pre-production work, "The Match" plans to begin filming at the end of this year.

Source: Here

BH Entertainment released a statement later that LBH is positively considering appearing the movie. 

I hope they confirm it soon and I’m really excited who is gonna play his disciple. I vote for Park Jung Min. The reunion needs to happen.:wub:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

August 23, 2020 

ANOTHER NEW PROJECT ON THE WAY!!!! :hooray2:

0002888936-001-20200824101013384.jpg

BH Entertainment released a statement later that LBH is positively considering appearing the movie. 

I hope they confirm it soon and I’m really excited who is gonna play his disciple. I vote for Park Jung Min. The reunion needs to happen.:wub:

@Ephoenix  Park Jung Min was a good match for LBH in "Keys to the Heart" .  I also like his cameo in "Mr. Sunshine"  Hope this movie  goes through smoothly.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, peonie said:

@Ephoenix  Park Jung Min was a good match for LBH in "Keys to the Heart" .  I also like his cameo in "Mr. Sunshine"  Hope this movie  goes through smoothly.  

That would have been so wonderful Barbara If that happens. But the latest update on movie said they are holding audition for young actors to play the role of his student because the timeline it features is when Lee Chang ho was a teenager. He was just 14 when he first beat his master. So I think this time it will be someone really young. :)

• Like 2

August 24, 2020 

LBH's good friend Choi Hyun-seok's IG update of the delicious looking food with the caption, "Jjajang ramyeon made by God Byung Hun himself. :w00t:

It looks delicious. Both LBH and LMJ, and their amazing cooking skills.xD~ 

hyunseokch-20200824-2.jpg

hyunseokch-20200824-1.jpg

Few days ago, his daughter Alice's note was posted on DC inside, where she'd written about how she spent her day. It said, 

Title: Robot dance 

"Today, I went to play at Samcheon(uncle) LBH's house. I played with his son Jun-ho. At the end, we went to eat our meal together. I was able to see Robot dance of Byung Hun samcheon. It was amazing."

Love how he's famous among kids too. We barely got to see in keys to the heart.:P

Spoiler

IMG-20200824-083814.jpg

Later, a fan posted on a Twitter about an ice cream truck sent by Jun-ho to mom Lee Min Jung at the filming location of her drama "Once again," with the same message on the truck that he had written on paper, which LMJ shared on IG. 

Love how LBH and LMJ are raising Jun-ho in such a warm, friendly way. He seems to be such an affectionate kid. He's doing so well. :wub:

• Like 3

August 25, 2020

Lee Byung-hun, Gwanghae →Choi Myung-gil → Kim Jae-gyu to challenge another real-life figure

0000849782-001-20200826065730908.jpg

Gwanghaegun ▪ Choi Myeong-gil ▪ Kim Jae-gyu.
Cho Hoon-hyun, Emperor of Go, 9-Dan transformation

Actor Lee Byung-hun continues to act to express the real person who has been or will be recorded in history through his own interpretation. It is a vigorous challenge that extends from the Joseon Dynasty to modern history figures to current celebrities.

Lee Byung-hun is coordinating his appearance in the movie "The Match" (Director Kim Hyung-joo), which depicts the story of Cho Hoon-hyun, a legendary Go player, and Lee Chang-ho, his disciple and rival. Lee Byung-hun plays the role of Cho Hoon-hyun, a 9-dan rank Go player, and will have an inevitable match with his student in the play.

It is also unusual for Lee Byung-hun to play the role of Cho Hoon-hyun, a 9-dan character "The Baduk Master," but on the other hand, it is also eye-catching as he plays the real person in the movie one after another. This is the second time this year alone. He led the story as Kim Jae-gyu, director of the Korean Central Intelligence Agency, who assassinated President Park Chung-hee in 1979 in "The Man Standing Next," which was released on January 22. The movie was the biggest box office hit this year (4.75 million viewers, integrated network of movie tickets).

Lee Byung-hun, who marks his 30th anniversary this year, has played a real character several times among various challenges that span movies and dramas, and has achieved satisfactory results every time. The movie starts in 2012 with 'Gwanghae, the Man Who Became the King'. He played the role of King Gwanghaegun, the king of Joseon, who pushed for reform, and led the box office to 12.32 million viewers. In 2017, the film "The Fortress," set in the Manchu Invasion of Joseon, he played the role of Choi Myung-gil, a scholar who argued for the harmony with Qing Dynasty, attracting 3.84 million viewers.

Actors who play real characters complain of heavy burdens every time. Even if it is expressed in addition to imagination, the fact that it depicts a person who is real in reality itself gives it a sense of responsibility.

Lee Byung-hun is no exception. When "The Fortress" was released, he said he approached it with a sincere heart and a serious attitude. "It was even more difficult because we had to draw a figure in modern history, which is relatively recent," he said about "The Man Standing Next," adding, "We approached it carefully with the thought that we should not define it recklessly because there were still many people living from that era."

However, the difference is clear in that he is a real person and a representative figure in the current Go world, not a past existence. Cho Hoon-hyun, a 9-dan ranker, is the youngest professional player in the world (9 years old), the world's first 9-Dan ranker (1982) and the world's most wins (1949 wins) and it's intriguing how he will be portrayed through Lee Byung-hun.

Lee Byung-hun, who is currently in the middle of filming the movie "Emergency Declaration" with Song Kang-ho, plans to wrap it up and play "The Match." "The Match" is produced by Moonlight production, a film company led by director Yoon Jong-bin, who created "The Spy Gone North" and "Kundo: Age of Rampant," and has been working on the film with the consent of Cho Hoon-hyun and others since last year.

Source: Naver 

• Like 3

August 26, 2020 

The Man Standing Next has been nominated in 9 categories Including Best Actor for LBH and Best Picture, for 2020 Buil Film Awards. :hooray:

The Award Ceremony is going to be held on Oct 8, without an audience due to COVID-19. 

GOOD LUCK, KIM GYU-PYUNG!!!:hooray2:

9789-C9-A8-CD61-49-E2-AFA6-542487-FD1-D9

Here are the rest of the nominations: 

Spoiler

73661255-2802-4-E87-85-E0-549-EFEFA7-D90

• Like 3

August 31, 2020 

202008311329522410-1-20200831133338906.j

Filming of upcoming movie "Emergency Declaration" has been suspended temporarily due to COVID-19. 

:criesariver:

More info, here. 

It's unfortunate but as long as the Actors and field staff are safe and healthy to resume everything, we are willing to wait. Wishing for everything to go smoothly once they decide to resume filming. :tears:

• Sad 3

September 3, 2020 

LBH was mentioned in the latest interview of Actor Im Si-wan for Cosmopolitan Korea, where the actor was asked about his Chemistry with senior actors and how Emergency Declaration became a hot topic because of its incredible line up of powerful casts. 

He said, “I couldn’t believe that I got to work with such amazing senior actors. As there are so many actors, there isn’t many scenes where I’m with them all. I have a lot of scenes with actor Kim Nam Gil, so we talked a lot. Also, I don’t have any scenes where I met with him, but I called Song Kang-ho sunbaenim after I was confirmed for the film. We met on the set of movie Attorney when I was just a rookie actor who didn’t know much about acting. But meeting him again made me happy as well as nervous. I wanted to tell him that I’ve grown as an actor, but I’m also nervous that he might think I’ve lost the innocence I had back then.” 

Im Si-wan then added, “I once said to Lee Byung Hun sunbaenim, that I want to have a drink with him. So I went to his house. It was amazing to see how sunbaenim I admire look like as a father.” 

LBH was mentioned in another Variety show called “The Sixth Sense”, where Eonni Lee Min-jung’s costar Lee Sang-Yeob from her latest drama “Once Again” was present as one of the guest.

During the show, host Yoo Jae-suk asked him about acting with LMJ. Since there were a lot of romantic scenes, he asked if he ever wondered that LBH Hyung might be watching. With that, Actor Lee Sang-yeob said, “I heard he does monitor her acting. Every time we talk about that story, I flinched, and started sweating.” Then Actress Oh Nara jokingly added that he should call and politely say “Here comes the kiss.” :lol:

Here’s the clip from that eps. Thanks to @alatusdeus 

Jokes aside, but I really do appreciate and admire the understanding and trust both LBH and LMJ have for each other and their respective crafts, and how supportive they have been for each other. Truly the best couple ever!!       :biubiu:

Here’s another update of LBH as he sent his congratulatory greetings for the 15th anniversary of Pizza Alvolo. :wub:

Thanks to @hhminee 

• Like 3