Lee Min Ki 이민기

creidesca

15 hours ago, mydisplayname said:

I actually want him to take on a role that is a Father. He's quite cute in the MV and would be interesting he will have a full show regarding fatherhood.

Yes, I would like to see that too. Maybe even in a show where he is fighting for his daughter’s life, like in Two Weeks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, eunji18 said:

I'm sorry to cut your post. Yes, it's unfortunate. But, i don't know, everytime I watch BTIMFL, I could see him purely as Se Hee. Not LMK. I feel like they are 2 different persons. So, the news don't bother me that much. But of course, I'd love to see him to play with other actresses too. I think he could always develop chemistry well with his partners. His acting skill is no joke. Wish him all the best :)

I love his acting skills. I would watch him in BTIMFL season 2 or anything else he does. Se Hee is my favorite kdrama character of all time. It’s rare that a drama gets a second season though, and I don’t think it will happen. I’m already looking forward to the next characters he will portray in the future.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2014 at 4:37 AM, czakhareina said:

Yook Sung Jae tells that he learned acting from watching Lee Min Ki
20140913130917_5413c36dac608_1.jpg
Yook Sung Jae told that he learned acting from watching Lee Min Ki.

Recently, Yook Sung Jae is playing in channel tvN's drama, 'Plus Nine Boys,' as a 19 years old judo trainee named Kang Min Gu.

Yook Sung Jae is getting a great number of high compliments for his acting, and he said, "I practiced my acting while watching Lee Min Ki on movie 'Temperature of Love.'"

He also said, "I started getting motivated and feeling more interested in acting while watching Lee Min Ki's sophisticated expressions, and I actually started feeling that acting is fun. I was full of nervousness when I first began, but now, I am spending lots of time on thinking about developments that I should show in the future episodes."

Park Cho Rong is playing in 'Plus Nine Boys' as Yook Sung Jae's partner, and the two wrote a short handwritten message for viewers.

September 12th broadcast of 'Plus Nine Boys' showed Kang Min Gu(played by Yook Sung Jae) and Han Soo Ah(played by Park Cho Rong)'s romance officially beginning.

Kang Min Gu said to Han Soo Ah, "Han Soo Ah! Let's get into a relationship. From today! I will come and pick you up every day."

However, another side of Han Soo Ah was also revealed.

credit starNNews

Had to share this. Temperature of Love is another name for Very Ordinary Couple. What a great compliment from another actor. LMK’s expressions truly are wonderful to watch.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, eunji18 said:

Oh. I didn't know everyone here is sensitive about the issue related to her. I'm sorry. 

I know it doesn't feel good and hurt. 

And as a shipper, I was too, deeply in pain for the first days after the news was out. But, I'm gonna focusing on myself. To be happy and positive. Tbh, (if you not be bothered to read) I experienced a near death experience that I have been cried so much for hoping a life. And now, as I have been getting better, I'm trying to make everything beautiful. No matter how bad it is. Because life's beautiful. I want to live. I wanna live my life happily :)

I'm sorry if I sounded preachy.

And please don't feel offended by my posts. I've never intended to that :)

Hope everyone here to stay healthy and happy <3

This quote is for myself.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not a hardcore shipper but I am BTIMFL fan. But maybe because I am more of a LMK bias now and after watching his films, I don't want him to get stuck at one character, again he isn't getting any younger so it would be good for him to work with other ladies now.

I love Saehee and Jiho, Somin also did a wonderful job as Jiho, but Season 2 most of the times, is not as good as Season 1. I love their story as it is, sometimes it is better to leave it like that. 

I would love to see him in other roles too, I wanted to see him as a father or an elite businessman, a doctor, etc. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

Please do not misunderstand, I am not a hardcore shipper but I am BTIMFL fan. But maybe because I am more of a LMK bias now and after watching his films, I don't want him to get stuck at one character, again he isn't getting any younger so it would be good for him to work with other ladies now.

I love Saehee and Jiho, Somin also did a wonderful job as Jiho, but Season 2 most of the times, is not as good as Season 1. I love their story as it is, sometimes it is better to leave it like that. 

I would love to see him in other roles too, I wanted to see him as a father or an elite businessman, a doctor, etc. 

Yeah, I agree. Most sequels aren't as good as the first season. In BTIMFL case I would prefer to leave as it is and use my imaginary as second season, and think they live happily ever after in their quirky way. 

An early interview of him 

• Like 3

Back in the 2000's MK's dramas, his roles really stuck to people. When IRRLY came out, they can't help but call him Bongki. When Dalja's Spring came out, people started calling him Kang Taebong. It seems like his leading man roles had so much impact on people. Now that BTIMFL came out, everyone sees him as Sehee. I wouldn't mind another season tbh, but knowing Kdramas, it will take time (TVN is considering Signal and Stranger 2nd Seasons though it would take years to complete). It will be best to see him in other roles and I would love to see him as a father or a married man with a family instead of his usual bachelor leading man roles. I want to see him as an antagonist (not really a psychopath like in Monster), probably a very humane villain (and not really like in FTE). Also, I would love to hear his Gyeongsang Accent haha! And while all his roles after BTIMFL happens, years after if ever a 2nd season would come true, revisiting SH and BTIMFL would be a very memorable reunion (for the staff/actors and the fans as well). That way, he can't be stuck since SH would be in a different phase in life and would present new problems to tackle. On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a 2nd season.

Also, I'm quite worried about BTIMFL DVD sales. It seems like many canceled their preorders when the dating news came out. I want to urge fans to support the DVD production since it will also help MK and a way to show our support for his work. It will be a shame that his work will just be put aside because of the dating news.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mydisplayname said:

Back in the 2000's MK's dramas, his roles really stuck to people. When IRRLY came out, they can't help but call him Bongki. When Dalja's Spring came out, people started calling him Kang Taebong. It seems like his leading man roles had so much impact on people. Now that BTIMFL came out, everyone sees him as Sehee. I wouldn't mind another season tbh, but knowing Kdramas, it will take time (TVN is considering Signal and Stranger 2nd Seasons though it would take years to complete). It will be best to see him in other roles and I would love to see him as a father or a married man with a family instead of his usual bachelor leading man roles. I want to see him as an antagonist (not really a psychopath like in Monster), probably a very humane villain (and not really like in FTE). Also, I would love to hear his Gyeongsang Accent haha! And while all his roles after BTIMFL happens, years after if ever a 2nd season would come true, revisiting SH and BTIMFL would be a very memorable reunion (for the staff/actors and the fans as well). That way, he can't be stuck since SH would be in a different phase in life and would present new problems to tackle. On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a 2nd season.

Also, I'm quite worried about BTIMFL DVD sales. It seems like many canceled their preorders when the dating news came out. I want to urge fans to support the DVD production since it will also help MK and a way to show our support for his work. It will be a shame that his work will just be put aside because of the dating news.

Yes, I’m not surprised that his roles really stood out to people. There were probably also a lot of shippers who shipped him with his female co-stars too back in the day. It would be bad if the sales suffered just because he wasn’t involved with them romantically in real life.

Here are some Dalja’s Spring bts or NG videos. He seemed to laugh a lot and have a good time with Chae Rim, similar to the good atmosphere when working on BTIMFL.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fauna said:

The Detective K 3 bts is on YouTube! It’s good to see him onscreen again. :wub:

Oh wow. He's so charming :wub:

Thank you for sharing <3

ps. I love it everytime seeing this thread on the 'hot topic' section :) 

Thank everyone who keep this thread alive. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

Im happy that LMK is included in the promo.Where the heck is Kim Bum? Is he the real killer?

Kim Bum’s character is supposed to “provide tension by interfering with the investigation.” They sure are keeping his character a mystery. Maybe there is a twist and he’s the real killer.

LMK’s characters tend to be interesting, so maybe he will be a sympathetic villain. I even liked him as a murderer in Monster, and felt bad for him and how his family used him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

I hope Minki steals some good reviews in the movie even tho he is only special apperance and character.

I hope so too! His role seems a lot bigger than just a cameo. More like a special guest star. He is flying around on wires, shooting arrows, and making death threats in the movie.

• Like 1

I hope he wins more acting awards in the future. He seems so shy and nervous though when he has to be himself, like when he made this acceptance speech for the Best New Actor Award for the Haeundae movie.

I just want to give him a hug! :D

• Like 1

It looks like LMK has worked with some well-known actresses for endorsements.

Pizza Etang CF with Kim Ah-Joong, where they are flying through the air.

Drinking beer at a game with Park Shi-Yeon.

Two-part shampoo CF where it looks like he and Woo Kyung-Ah are preparing to go out, maybe on a date?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, fauna said:

It looks like LMK has worked with some well-known actresses for endorsements.

Pizza Etang CF with Kim Ah-Joong, where they are flying through the air.

Drinking beer at a game with Park Shi-Yeon.

Two-part shampoo CF where it looks like he and Woo Kyung-Ah are preparing to go out, maybe on a date?

Hide contents

He is also a part before of the Adidas All star CF along with Rain and other big stars.I found it here on this thread.

I thought he actually had a good career path before when he started, but it seems like it is his choice to deviate from mainstream when he started his music and he dresses a bit eccentric (and a bit weird (?) lol). 

He also focused on movies early. 

7 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

He is also a part before of the Adidas All star CF along with Rain and other big stars.I found it here on this thread.

I thought he actually had a good career path before when he started, but it seems like it is his choice to deviate from mainstream when he started his music and he dresses a bit eccentric (and a bit weird (?) lol). 

He also focused on movies early. 

Nice! I read on this thread somewhere that his salary was equal to Lee Min Ho’s at one point.

Yes, I think he can easily do both mainstream and indie. Kind of like a Korean Johnny Depp. Even Johnny Depp has performed music, and idols cross over to acting all the time, so I don’t blame him for wanting to try everything. I like his quirkiness and eccentricity a lot. 

I even like the way he poses for pictures in real life. Sometimes he is in character, such as posing as Se Hee, striking a funny pose, or making a certain expression.

I find him funny in this childhood photo where he’s grabbing or cupping his little brother’s face. He’s so unique.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2