Lee Min Ki 이민기

creidesca

'Shoot Me' takes aim at viewers' emotions

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 23px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; text-align: start; font-stretch: inherit; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"image
If a certain theme swept the entertainment scene last year, it was "healing", both on the small and big screen. Films and dramas attempted to appeal to viewers by leaving them with messages of hope and the courage to improve their lives, overcome obstacles and achieve their dreams. 
Cable channel drama "Incomplete Life" struck a chord with the country's ordinary office workers while "Ode to My Father", Yoon Je-kyoon's heartwarming historical film about Korea's fathers and grandfathers, became the first movie in 2015 to surpass 10 million admissions.image
And now, first-time director Mun Je-yong is jumping on the bandwagon with his debut commercial film "Shoot Me in the Heart", which is based on award-winning novelist Jeong Yoo-jeong-I's 2009 book of the same title.
Instead of targeting a certain demographic, however, the movie aims to appeal to a wide audience who constantly compromise instead of standing up for what they believe in.image
In the film, Seung-min (Lee Min-ki) and Soo-myung (Yeo Jin-goo) become roommates on admission to Soori Hope Hospital, a desolate psychiatric institution located on a mountainside. The derelict venue, which overflows with coercion and violence, is a living hell for the patients. If a hint of happiness and hope is spotted, it is stamped out by the evil nurses. 
Soo-myung, who has a phobia of scissors due to an unfortunate incident in the past, manages to live through the grim situation by obeying what the authorities say - unlike his rebellious roommate Seung-min. The good-natured boy keeps helping other patients out, even if it means being tortured afterwards. 
But when it comes to dealing with his own issues, Soo-myung is a coward and clams up. 
"What is the real you, I wonder?" Seung-min asks Soo-myung one day. "Not the one who escapes or endures, but the one that confronts your life". 
For Soo-myung, the question is a catalyst for change.
Likewise, the line seems as if it is a shot aimed at the hearts of viewers - which is what Mun hoped to achieve in this film. 
"I hope this movie will give energy to those who have been hurt and are hiding somewhere", said the director during a press conference on Tuesday at Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin District, southwestern Seoul.
"I know that feeling because I have failed a lot and it felt as if I was alive, but dead at the same time", he said, explaining the affinity he felt with the original book. "When I read it, I felt like I was reborn and thought I had to make a movie out of it".
In the process of adapting a novel into a movie, some details were changed. Explanations about characters were omitted and much additional research was needed to reproduce a fictional mental hospital onscreen. Finding insider information about closed wards was also challenging.
However, there was one thing the director kept in mind during the complicated process of adaptation.
"Jeong [the writer] made me promise one thing and that was not to change the core message of the film, which shouts: 'Be warriors, youths!'"
The movie starts on a dark, rainy day, showing a soaked and dirty ground, and finishes in a brighter mood having some of its characters fly high in the clear blue sky. This was part of the director's intention in delivering his message.
"We live in a grim, challenging reality, but inside of everyone's minds there should be a fine dream. I hope that nobody will let go of this dream", he said. 
A round of applause burst out from reporters after the director's comment. The film opens on Jan. 28. 
jes@joongang.co.kr
Korean JoongAng Daily 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[shoot Me In The Heart] Weekly Quiz #4 - I guess they asked when the movie will be released. But the pictures used more like LMK-YJG bromance. More in the spoiler.1601589_874379062585079_761437407672037910277621_874379065918412_502888122501873

10917339_874379059251746_355808432148950995087_874379042585081_9005506266342303110407576_874379069251745_85278711221194710922689_874379039251748_400140978554140

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lee Min Ki is going to be in the new sequel of Detective K!

Detective K returns to catch a vampire serial killer

((Skip))

We’ve also got two new actors for the upcoming crime comedy sageuk: Kim Ji-won(Fight My Way) and Lee Min-ki (Shoot My Heart) have both confirmed roles in the latest Detective K film. In the first two films, the main female characters played by Han Ji-min and Lee Yeon-hee were both femme fatales, but it looks like the production is taking a different route this time since Kim Ji-won will be playing an amnesiac who assists our hero in his crime-solving adventures. On the other hand, Lee Min-ki, whose participation is described as more of a special appearance, will have a central role in the main mystery as the “Black Robe,” which sounds ominous and decidedly villain-like.

((skip))

source:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/detective-k-returns-to-catch-a-vampire-serial-killer/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Movie Review: The Spell That Made Us All Fall for Spellbound (2011)

spellbound-featured.jpg?w=678
Date: October 27, 2017 Author: unicaahjumma
spellbound-poster.jpg?w=550&h=781Spellbound a.k.a. Chilling Romance movie poster

Having the ability to see what normal people don’t like ghosts and other unworldly things, is it a curse or a gift? Well, it depends on how you look at it. If you’d consider this as something that could save lives or bring justice to restless souls, then it’s a gift. But if you’d see this as something that could ruin your peace and sanity, then it’s definitely a curse. For me, if this would lead me to my one true love (just like the heroine in this feature), then I would embrace this ability with arms wide open as if it’s a blessing from up above. ㅋㅋㅋ. So without much further ado, let me present to you K-Movie Corner‘s Halloween special, Spellbound!

This 2011 horror romcom movie centers on the love story of a street magician (Lee Min-ki) and a ghost-seeing girl (Son Ye-jin), which reminds me so much of the K-Dramas Master’s Sun (2013) and Oh My Ghostess (2015). They all delivered a perfect combination of almost all the feels—spooky, romantic, comedic, and dramatic, making them the top favorites in their genre. But I will be honest here, unlike the two K-Dramas that are filled with lots of twists, Spellbound has a very familiar, if not cliche, movie plot. You know, the guy meets the girl, gets close to her, then discovers her pitiful situation but falls in love with her anyway. Nonetheless, I find the movie very entertaining primarily because of its charming leads, who displayed a very strong chemistry on screen.

[SPOILER ALERT!]

spellbound-lee-min-ki.jpg?w=1024&h=550Lee Min-ki in character as Ma Jo-goo in the movie Spellbound spellbound-lee-min-ki2.jpg?w=900&h=600Look at that handsome face! 

Lee Min-ki, on the other hand, is a new discovery to me. It’s my first time seeing his acting, and it made me want to go on some serious binge-watching of all his past projects. His cute and funny portrayal in this movie totally won me over. Plus, he’s a master kisser! Omo. And though he’s not the type of oppa whose visuals are strikingly perfect, he will grow on you the more you look at him and will kill you with his oozing sex appeal. Makes me wonder what in the world am I doing all this time to discover him this late?

Read the full review here:

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2017/10/27/movie-review-the-spell-that-made-us-all-fall-for-spellbound-2011/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...