[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i love this drama, the MISA part with so funny, he even did the SJS's eye expression XD

ahhh and the daughter's question about hair in the bath place is lol

Guest ripgal

Ep 2 was equally enjoyable as episode 1..and most of all, very heartwarming and endearing. The warmth brought out within was so comforting, that I couldn't help but smile watching the whole episode..the beautiful music made the scenes even more poignant. Honestly speaking, I can't really recall myself feeling bored watching the episode..every scene sequence had something to say. and each brought out something meaningful albeit presented in a funny way. And altho there were so many things, the flow was very natural. Everything just fitted into the scenes perfectly.

Besides the beautiful music and heartwarming scene, I really wana applaude the scriptwriter for introducing such... ermm..unconventional korean drama characters. I've said this before in Ep 1.. that the script's quite unique, and has already destroyed a lot of Kdrama cliches I've seen in the past. I thought Ep 2 kept up with the stance pretty well.. When I thought the airport girl was naive enough to think Oh Joon's a good guy, she suddenly blurted out that she knew he's a player. When I thought Dal Rae's mother in law was actually crying when she left the gangsters' office, she was laughing out loud. When I thought Soon Dae was already contented with Dal Rae's answers, she kept asking and didn't give up until she got them (by crying out loud.. this girl Soon Dae's an amazing kid actor, altho she has lil scenes, her screen presence was strong enough)....etc. It's like the drama's suprising us with unexpected lines and dialogues..which IMO's a very different kind of feeling..

And most of all, the music's amazing. The songs and melodies used in all the scenes were really beautiful..

Esp during the scene of Oh Joon laughing when Dal Rae told him to write her name in the receipts in the bookstore.. when the music started playing in line with Oh Joon laughing.. it was soooo heartwarming. I believe the scene intended to show Oh Joon's inner side.. he was really laughing from the bottom of his heart..

Onto the individual characters, I really like Dal Rae and her mother. I think they have so much chemistry, that it's scary. Cos truly, we rarely see that much of an interaction between mother in laws and daughter in laws in Korean dramas, and sometimes I really get fed up seeing that in dramas. Luckily, Robbers chose to be different.. It's probably one of the loveliest aspects of the drama. And Oh Joon, arhhh.. he's really a jerk. He lives up to his name, a scoundrel.. haha..but I love his antics when he finds his prey not as easy as he thinks. Love and money do not come that easily huh?

And lastly, LDH's last scene, it was really very sad, but really, a splendid performance by Da Hae. I cried buckets just watching her drop down in sorrow..The part of her throwing up and asking her baby to leave her alone...arhh.. that was just so painful and depressing. :tears:

I didn't think she overacted her crying scenes tho. The part outside the house, yeah..her eyes did enlarge a bit when crying, and some might think it's a result of her overacting once again. But I thought it was well executed...THAT was truly, some crying which I've never seen before. It's like somebody CRYING out with her whole heart. Imagine what was going thru her mind at that moment.. Such a drastic change.. from what she was happily hoping for in the beginning, that her husband would be carrying his baggage back to the house, to a tragedy.. Her tears consisted of shock (hence the widening of her eyes), grief, disbelief and most of all, the feeling of having something robbed from you, just a few mins away. I think it's a difficult emotion to portray...and Da Hae nailed it perfectly.

Guest ripgal

pardon me if i get this wrong cos i'm watching the drama with chinese subs!

during that scene ohjoon was asking dalrae if there was anything that he could do for her since she saved his life...and she said to go to the bookstore where she works at, and to drop a receipt with her name on it in the box, so that she would have a higher chance of winning the employee of the month award...i think ohjoon was probably expecting her to ask for a meal or something, and i think her request added on to ohjoon's initial impression of her as a fool with 3mill won...

the bad word that dalrae's daughter kept saying was double widow...the ajummas in the sauna were using that word to describe dalrae and her mother-in-law, as they are both widows.

Oh was it double widow?

Cos from the chi subbed ep that I saw, it was translated into "living widow 活寡妇"..

But anywayz, we knew the ahjummas called Dal Rae a widow..

About Oh Joon asking for a meal..you know the part where he did the MISA skit..it was so funny :lol:

I liked how he told Dal Rae that he'd have to treat her 3 times, to thank her for her help.. The first meal, for saving her life with the so called note that she left him. The 2nd meal, for not getting angry at him for spoiling her chance of getting the Best Employee Award...and finally, the last meal, which got me laughing non-stop :lol: - for letting him treat her twice (assuming that she agrees to the first 2 meals) - that's how Oh Joon takes on his prey...hahaha..too bad Dal Rae's not that easy..

Guest thunderbolt

I watched ep 1 last night and really liked it. The matchmaking 'date' with the old man was hilarious. :lol::lol:

My favorite character so far is Jin Gu. I nearly died laughing when he was taking notes (in his precise and deadpan way) while Dal Rae was scolding him on the phone. 2nd favorite is the thug boss, Ho Jin. Haha, he's adorable.

Everyone's acting is pretty good. The story feels different, for instance, how chummy Dal Rae and her mom-in-law are to each other. Looking forward to ep 2. :)

Guest anythingasian

thanks for all the robber goodies you all have been sharing...

i liked him in thank you...

now it's kinda nice to watch him again...

plus the story is quite entertaining...

im off to downloading...

thanks again people!

imogene oh my god you're a filipino? i never would have thought so... waharhar im glad that im sharing this wonderful series with another filipino... harhar i guess lee da hae really occupies a special place in the filipinos' hearts... hah!

ripgal i love your reading your reviews just as i love imogene's... i love that the last scene of the second episode really shed some new light on da hae's ability as an actress... i think if people would actually give her a shot she can really come through and redeem herself from all the disappointments and despise over her "so-called" over-top-shchool-of-acting (which i personally do not believe --> warning: really biased opinion)

o-cha thanks for doing a really great job on the navigation post... i know its a lot of hardwork maintaining and constantly updating it and id like you to know that you're hardwork is truly helpful and full appreciated... Thanks a lot... however, id like to ask a question... the part 1 on the alternate link for HQ episode 2 is it a link? because i cant seem to access it...

WITH S2 oh my God (*tears from excessive joy*)!!! you guys are back(temporarily?) guys thanks for lifting the ban and congratultions on your 2nd year of anniversary!!! you can certainly expect our support and endless appreciation for all your hardwork!!! Anyway, still hoping the issue gets fully settled... thanks WITH S2...

KST thanks for the sub... ive watched it already and your subs have really been a great help for me... too bad you have to drop your first two projects though... anyway you can certainly count on my support from now on...

weeee.... im off to watch the first ep with WithS2's subs (altho ive already watched it with KST's subs) im such a WithS2 loyalist(well maybe im just looking out for good reasons to watch the first ep again since symptoms of withdrawal is seriously starting to kick in...)

THANKS WITHS2 and KST

Guest belittle

With heartfelt appreciations, we would like to thanks those who have been in supportive of our new endeavor. Your encouragements and/or comments are invaluable to KST as a whole, and we sincerely thank you. Everything must have a small beginning, and to us, yesterday was a new beginning, and you were a wonderous part of that special moment in time for us.

With that said, however, at this time, we have a sad announcement to make. It is with a heart full of regrets that CICHLID of KST is here today to advise you of our decision to drop the English Subbing Project for the two dramas: Hong Gil Dong and Robbers. These two dramas are very close and dear to our hearts, because they are in essence our "first children" and we would love to be able to pursuing the English subbing for these two series, but due to the close friendship and out of respects for WITHS2, KST will leave the Hong Gil Dong and Robbers in their capable hands. Despite our previous announcement and proposal of alliance with Mily2 and WITHS2, but in view of the new announcement recently released by WITHS2 and their two year anniversary landmark, friendship and respects aside, yielding the floor to WITHS2 at this time seems appropriate and in line with our main interest, make friends not war along the journey of providing quality subtitles to Korean dramas' fans worldwide.

KST and CICHLID will return in the very near future with another English subtitle project. In view of this unfortunate event, the next English subbing project by KST will be announce way in advance to prevent duplication of efforts, as well as avoiding any future conflicts with any other English subbing groups. As we see it, the more the merrier and each of the subbing group is unique in their own way, and the viewers will benefit directly from any healthy, friendly rivalry. Agree? Once again, thank you for all your show of supports thus far. Please continue to watch for KST and keep us in your heart, we are counting on your supports in the near future for our next Project.

Respectfully yours,

From all of us at CICHLID

Guest imogene_af

Ripgal Love reading your comments and I am just sitting here going, "YES! YES!" at everything here. Isn't it amazing seeing LDH perform that scene? I knew she was a good actress but she showed a whole new potential in that scene.

imogene oh my god you're a filipino? i never would have thought so... waharhar im glad that im sharing this wonderful series with another filipino... harhar i guess lee da hae really occupies a special place in the filipinos' hearts... hah!

Yep, but I've been in the US for quite a while. I noticed too that Lee Da Hae is popular in the Philippines, based on the different discussions I have with people.

I do see why people call her over-the-top, and I believe Jin Dal Rae is slowly shedding that image off.

O-Cha! Just saaaayiiing hi.

Guest hye091

the 2nd episode is defitnely more intresting, and lee da hae acts really well. it was so heartbreaking when she was crying bitterly near the end of the episode. her role in this drama seems so different from my girl.

just finished watching episodes 1 and 2 ...very good ...so far i really like this drama...LDH looks very beautiful here...the neutral wardrobe colors really suits her and enhances her beauty...acting -wise, both her and JH are doing great...the end of episode 2 when LDH broke down at the news of her hubby demise was so heartbreaking...looking forward to next week's episodes.

Archived