[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest pickles

This drama really surpassed my expectations! Lee Da Hae's acting has improved a lot from Hello! Miss. I love Oh Joon's character. He may be deemed as a bad person for being such a playboy and everything. But after seeing how concerned he was about his sister, I was really touched.

But there's one part which i don't get. Why did Oh Joon vomit after the conversation on the phone with the loanshark person about taking his organs away in episode one? Was he that disgusted?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ripgal

I really love the song by Bay, Signal Light..

Only managed to find the Korean lyrics..

If some kind soul could translate, that'd be great! :D

Ending Theme

bay - Signal Light

이 길로 갈게요

조심히 잘 가요

그리곤 뛰었던 거죠

저만치 길을 건너는 그대를

몰래 나 훔쳐보려고

왜 또 자꾸 멈춰서요

어서 걸어줘요

파란 불이 끊기잖아요

우나요 바보같이

또 그럼 어떻게 그댈 보내요

미안해요

내가 못나서 줄게 없어서

다음 번 사랑할 땐 꼭 행복해 줘요

그리고 고마워요

나 같은 사람 만날 수 있게 세상 태어나줘서

또 난 보고만 싶은데

보내기 싫은데

빨간 불이 나를 붙잡죠

그래요

더 이상 내게 가지 말래요

갈 수 없대요

미안해요

내가 못나서 줄게 없어서

나의 모든 기억들 다 지우고 살아요

잘가요 내 사랑

그리고 고마워요

나 같은 사람 만날 수 있게

세상 태어나줘서

나 같은 사람 사랑하게 해줘서

---

Park Jin Young - Honey

Oh,HONEY~

그대를 처음 본 그순간

난 움직일수가 없었지

그대 그 아름다운 모습

난 넋을 잃고야 말았지

그대의 아름다운 그

그미소가

나를 사로잡았지

Hey 거기 그래 자기

웬만하면 내게 오지

우리 여기에서 둘이

멋진밤을 함께 하지

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

내게 오지 나를 믿지

절대 후회할리 없지

그대의 그 섹시한 눈빛

오 나를또 바라보았지

눈빛이 마주치는 순간

난 숨을 쉴수가 없었지

그대야 말로 하늘이

내려주신

진정한 Honey지 오

Hey 거기 그래 자기

웬만하면 내게 오지

우리 여기에서 둘이

멋진밤을 함께 하지

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

내게 오지 나를 믿지

절대 후회할리 없지

Now Everyboby party

내게로 걸어오는 그대

난 바라볼수가 없었지

걸어오는 그대의 모습

너무 눈부시기 때문이지

이제서야 비로소 나

나 새로운 사랑에

눈을 뜬거지

Hey 거기 그래 자기

웬만하면 내게 오지

우리 여기에서 둘이

멋진밤을 함께 하지

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

내게 오지 나를 믿지

절대 후회할리 없지

Hey 거기 그래 자기

웬만하면 내게 오지

우리 여기에서 둘이

멋진밤을 함께 하지

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

내게 오지 나를 믿지

절대 후회할리 없지

credits: baidu

Guest fishsoup

But there's one part which i don't get. Why did Oh Joon vomit after the conversation on the phone with the loanshark person about taking his organs away in episode one? Was he that disgusted?

hmm i inferred that he was sickened by the thought of it cos the debt's a huge amount and has to be repaid within 20days which is quite impossible!!

ripgal, i'm watching the 17look8's subs which translated that part as 双寡妇 ...i don't know korean so i can only count on csubs to understand the drama :sweatingbullets:

Guest monoceros

hmm i inferred that he was sickened by the thought of it cos the debt's a huge amount and has to be repaid within 20days which is quite impossible!!

ripgal, i'm watching the 17look8's subs which translated that part as 双寡妇 ...i don't know korean so i can only count on csubs to understand the drama :sweatingbullets:

i think that's what i got too.. except that i think he also was sickened by the idea that someone was gollowing him constantly..

i think the literal meaning is twin widows or double widow, not too sure if there's a meaning behinf it....

Guest imogene_af

I think it's out of sheer fear of paying his debt in the 20 days, plus they kept talking about gutting him out with his organs. That's not very plesant. :lol:

I wish there were romanized version of the lyrics.

Guest ripgal

I just rewatched the last scene of Ep 2 again just now.. Dal Rae managed to get me teary within seconds :tears:

I usually don't rewatch sad scenes immediately just after watching them..cos I don't think I'd be able evoke that sad and depressing feeling, I need to see some kinda story before I can cry. But Dal Rae's crying scene was able to stand on its own. I didn't need a LONG story to see how much Dal Rae loved her husband..it's amazing how a short 10 min can make me cry in an instance.. which goes on to show how capable Da Hae is in doing mellow scenes. Good job Da Hae!

And about the preview of Ep 3, I didn't know if anybody felt that way..

But it was kinda weird seeing Dal Rae crying and Oh Joon carrying her, still with his 30 Million won motive in his mind.. the feeling was really weird..in a sense, that it's really sad, that when Dal Rae's relying on him for consolation and support, he's in fact thinking about her money. Plus Bay's song made it even worst.. aiks..

Guest xingjing

ripgal, I got that feeling too. Hm... :mellow:

And about the 双寡妇... it means like double widows. I guess it's what all the old croony ladies talk about their family behind their back... since both Dalrae and her mother-in-law are widows... so they call them that. It's rather insulting. LOL.

I love Jang Hyuk's character though! Gosh, Oh Joon manages to pull everything off. What a sneaky man. xD

The most touching part, though, I thought was the last part of episode 2. Basically

Dalrae was pretending to be asleep because she didn't want to hear Oh Joon's little "anecdote" about his sick sister that I'm pretty sure he uses on every single woman. LOL. But her little monologue about not wanting to hear about pain... gosh, that's just different. But, LOL, I could see Oh Joon fuming inside that his anecdote didn't work. xD

I love this series. xD

Guest imogene_af

And about the preview of Ep 3, I didn't know if anybody felt that way..

But it was kinda weird seeing Dal Rae crying and Oh Joon carrying her, still with his 30 Million won motive in his mind.. the feeling was really weird..in a sense, that it's really sad, that when Dal Rae's relying on him for consolation and support, he's in fact thinking about her money. Plus Bay's song made it even worst.. aiks..

I know! I know. Every time I think about how Dal Rae will fall for Oh Joon kind of breaks my heart a little, this is a character you really don't want hurt for the second time. But just as you said in your review, and I mentioned it too... is that Oh Joon kind of reveals himself little by little around her, it's not intentional. The laughing he did when she told him about the receipts showed him underneath the mask, so maybe just maybe a part of him is real concerned and I hope they show his struggle dealing with his feelings. Especially, inner conflict.

I really love the fact that Oh Joon's an anti-hero. Another thing that isn't cliche-ridden in this series.

Shinhwa Version Episodes

Guest ilovehanchaeyoung

Guest pinklily

Amber, i like that aspect of Oh Joon's character too ...Jin Goo as well...they are both quite the anti-heros ...both really flawed with no obvious "winning" personalities or characteristics about them.

their encounter with Dal Rae is also unique in that neither of them are really genuine... Oh Joon's reason is money, while Jin Goo's is to appease his father...

i think that's quite exciting! the change in their dynamic should be very interesting to watch...from the two men being romantically indifferent to her... to...well, haha, possibly changing themselve for the better for her ...hmmm i can't help but smile at that thought :blush:

Jo... i feel the same way about the ending of episode 2. haha, i also rewatched it (not just that scene, but the entire episode :P) several times...and i manage to cry every single time at that part (my eyes were so tired afterwards) :lol: it's one of my favorite scenes from that episode... a mere 10 minutes, yet every second was so stirring. as a whole, i loved how episode 2 embodied a wide spectrum of emotions... you find yourself laughing heartily at some parts... while others go on to strike your sentimental chord

(like the chaos in the gangpae's office

:P ...and the part with Jin Goo and his father...how he gave him a piggy-back :tears: ...that was so unexpected!...and so endearing...it's such a simple scene, but somehow it presented a whole new level to their characters and their characters' relationship, that otherwise was not so obvious...i went "awwwwwwwww...." :blush:)

and then you have the scenes that breaks your heart...those that remind you how helpless you are, only able to bring some imaginary comfort to these characters by understanding their turmoil and sharing in their grief :tears: so many emotions packed into one episode...yet the flow seemed so effortless and natural. i have to credit both the director and writer as well as all the actors...they've all done a really great job breathing life into this story in only two episodes.

shirley...hi-5! :lol: haha, why not?! i can't think of a better excuse for Kim Myung Min ssi to reprise his role as Oh Dal Gun :blush: indeed, they seemed to have all hatched from the same nest, this silly group of gangpaes :P gahhhh...the more i think about Oh Dal Gun (and his infamous trademark threat :lol:)...the more keen i've grown to our mr. gangpae boss here. probably not true in reality...but in dramaland...really, what would we ever do without these gangpaes? :blush:

while rewatching episode 2, i also noticed something i hadn't noticed before...that had me almost fall off my chair of laughter! :lol: their dart board...

bscap0001tk0.jpg

"gangpae: darts are for kids! we gangpaes use knives!" :lol:

hahahahaha...omo! i love these little details :P

jahye, it does say (and mean) a lot coming from you. i know you're not very keen on Da Hae's acting...but i've always appreciated your comments (not just about this particularly, but in general). hopefully this drama will continue proving itself to be thoroughly enjoyable for all of us, and hopefully in doing so, it can manage to warm you to Da Hae? even just a little? proudzr6.png

Sandy, thank you soooo so much for the translations to that scene! it breaks my heart just reading the lines :tears:Jo describes it so well...one minute she was filled with so much joy at the thought of her love's return...and then the next minute, to have all of that hope crushed?! :tears: the dialogue was great!...it really emphasized how deep a state of disbelief she was in...full of questions...refusing/unable to accept the painful truth eventhough it was all too apparent. :tears:

Sandy dear...good luck on everything! i always look forward to sharing your company in these threads, so i'll be missing you sorely :tears: hehe, i just hope you still have the chance to enjoy these dramas, if not now then later. thank you once for all your help dear :wub: p.s. i still listen to Park Hye Kyung non-stop..."Yesturday la la la..." it always manages to brighten-up my mood still! :lol:

o-cha dear...thank you so much for maintaining the updates and links so well! i was trying to find some BTS clips of the shooting...and it was really so helpful to have everything so organized. ^_^

i have to say...i think Jang Hyuk was borne to play this role! i love all the little things he does...that wink, that little tap dance, that hop and clicking of the soles...all these quirks of his makes it hard to hate Oh Joon :blush: Jang Hyuk is really incredibly charasmatic in this role...and you can tell too, despite his character getting beaten up so much, that he's having tons of fun playing this role :lol:

oh! and something else i thought about...you recall those instances where Jang Hyuk speaks a bit of English ..."helllooooo honey" and "unvilievable"....haha, i was just rewatching the episodes and then i was reminded of those articles you had translated about Da Hae tutoring English to Jang Hyuk! :lol:

and another thing...i really like Oh Joon's friend, Man Doo! they're good friends in real life, and it shows, because they have great chemistry on screen. Oh Joon is incredibly lucky to have Man Doo by his side despite all the crap Oh Joon puts him through...but then Man Doo's loyalties just suggests that deep down, Oh Joon really does have redeeming qualities about him. ^_^

thank you to both WITHs2 and KST for all your hard work on these subs.

WITHs2. HAPPY 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! i'm very grateful and look forward to your continuing work. you guys never disappoint, and i'll support any steps you have to take to protect your subs. WITHs2 FIGHTING! :wub:

KST, i'm looking forward to your future projects. you guys have the heart for fansubbing, and that alone means a lot to all patrons of these subs. thank you so much for your graciousness. :wub:

WITHs2 and KST FIGHTING! :wub:

Guest dramaok

thx for all the goodies again. glad this thread has many ppl who are enjoying the drama.

this is the drama i am watching on wed/thur for the moment too.. hope it continues to hold up.

i think i am the minority here but i don't care for the ggangpae story too much..

hope to see more character developments of the leads instead.

btw something i was thinking.. about the title.. robbers or bandits..

its original title in korean is more commonly plural.. 'a group of scoundrels'..

so maybe it's not just referring to Jang Hyeok's character...

This is the lovely song at the end of episode 1:

http://sharebee.com/0e715e06

thx Luv. am always looking for your little gifts. ^^

20070222215111198038512qg0.png

밴드베이 - 신호등 (불한당 OST)

Band: Bay - Signal Light (Bandits OST)

[they are a new band]

나 이 길로 갈게요

na yi gil ro kal ge yo

(i will leave on this road)

조심히 잘 가요

jo shim hee jal ka yo

(i shall go with caution)

그리곤 뛰었던 거죠

geu ri gon ddwui eot ddeon geo jyo

(but i am running as i go)

저만치 길을 건너는 그대를 몰래 훔쳐보려고

jeo man chi gil reul geon neo neun geu dae reul mol rae hoom chyeo bo ryeo go

(so that i can steal a look at you, you who has already gone so far)

왜 또 자꾸 멈춰서요

wae ddo ja ggoo meom chyeo seo yo

(why have you stopped yet again)

어서 걸어줘요

eo seo geol reo jyeo yo

(please hurry and keep walking)

파란 불이 끊기잖아요

pa ran bool ri ggeun gi ja na yo

(for the green light is ending)

우나요 바보같이 또

woo na yo ba bo gat chi ddo

(are you crying like a fool, again?)

그럼 어떻게 그댈 보내요

geu reom eo ddeot ge geu dael bo nae yo

(how will i send you off then?)

미안해요

mi ahn hae yo

(i am sorry)

내가 못나서 줄게 없어서

nae ga mot na seo jool ge eop sseo seo

(that i have nothing to give you because i am so lacking)

다음 번 사랑할 땐 꼭 행복해 줘요

da eum beon sarang hal ddaen ggok haeng bok hae jyeo yo

(when you love again next, please be happy)

그리고 고마워요

geu ri go go ma weo yo

(and thank you)

나 같은 사람 만날 수 있게 세상 태어나줘서

na gat teun saram man nal soo eet ge se sang tae eo na jyeo seo

(for being born in the world to meet someone like me)

또 난 보고만 싶은데

ddo nan bo go man ship eun de

(again i just want to look)

보내기 싫은데

bo nae gi shil reun de

(i don't want to send you away)

빨간 불이 나를 붙잡죠

bbal gan bool ri na reul poot jab jyo

(however the red light has grasp over me)

그래요

geu rae yo

(yes it is so)

더 이상 내게 가지 말래요

deo yi sang nae ge ga ji mal rae yo

(it tells me not to go anymore)

갈 수 없대요

kal soo oep dae yo

(that i can't go)

미안해요

mi ahn hae yo

(i'm sorry)

내가 못나서 줄게 없어서

nae ga mot na seo jool ge eot sseo seo

(that i have nothing to give you because i am so lacking)

나의 모든 기억들 다 지우고 살아요

na eh mo deun gi eok deul da ji woo go sal ra yo

(please live with all memories of me erased)

잘가요 내 사랑

jal ga yo nae sarang

(farewell my love)

그리고 고마워요

geu ri go go ma weo yo

(and thank you)

나 같은 사람 만날 수 있게 세상 태어나줘서

na gat eun saram man nal soo eet ge se sang tae eo na jyeo seo

(for being born in the world to meet someone like me)

나 같은 사람 사랑하게 해줘서

na gat teun saram sarang ha ge hae jyeo seo

(to love someone like me)

Guest ripgal

dramaok, thank you for sharing the romanised and translated lyrics of the song..^^

I really love this song..it has been on my head for days and I still can't get rid off it..

I think the lyrics kinda illustrate Dal Rae and Oh Joon's future relationship (since they're not in love yet) pretty well..

Oh Joon will definitely discover the beauty within Dal Rae, and by then, he'll probably think he's not a good match for her..

Guest imogene_af

Kirsten - It is quite amazing how this drama just jumps us from emotion to emotion.

dramaok- Thank you SO much for the romanized and translated version of the song. And that made me a bit sad, Goodness, this is Oh Joon and Jin Dal Rae's song for sure.

Img0402_20080107105646.jpg

Img0402_20080107105811.jpg

Img0402_20080107105832.jpg

Img0402_20080107105610.jpg

Img0402_20080107105751.jpg

from sbs.co.kr

Yay! Finally there is a drama that I can enjoy, lol. I think by far...Bandit and New Heart are the two most enjoyable dramas to watch at the moment...but it's such a shame that I won't be able to watch any of these dramas continuously anymore now that my winter break is almost over, shucks~! Anyhow...I just wanted to stop by in this thread and say how much I enjoyed watching the first two episodes despite the low TV ratings (but hah, who cares about the ratings?...some people are just missing out on a good drama)

------

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS TRANSLATION OUT OF SOOMPI FORUMS, THANK YOU! :)

KEY: [*] = Jin Dal-Rae / [-] = Sang Min (hubby's friend)

*-

*It's obvious that a 500 year old person will not be alive after 500 years.

*And it's also obvious that a 200 year old person will not be alive after 200 years.

*100 year old person may possibly still be alive after 100 years.

*Someone who is 50 years old is usually still alive after 50 years.

*But Sang-Man...it's so horrible to say that a person who was here just a minute ago is not alive after a minute.

*Are you joking with me?

*Are you playing jokes on me?

*How can you say such a horrible thing, Sang-Man!

-I wish everything was a lie!

(runs back inside her house)

*Baby.

*Please let mommy think for a minute so just hold still.

*Mommy...mommy has to think...mommy has to think!

*So you're saying...not even 100 or 200 years...but someone who was alive just disappears within a couple of years?

*I know. I understand. But hello...I can't see myself get sick or someone else get sick anymore.

*Hello, I beg of you....Please don't tell me that your sick, how sick you are or why you are sick.

ah. sandy .hope you have a good school year !^^ ..

thanks for the translation ..~ ...maybe i am the odd one out .but ..the 500 year that few lines .. seem so out of the blue for me--;; unless it is a share story between them or something .but for a woman in her grief to jump suddenly to that was abit * huh for me .* ..it break me off my concentration --;;.i can understand what she is trying to make sense of .how can someone just disappear like that ..~ ..going far to 500 years was abit too far back for me -;;..but the simple .*please let mummy think for a minute ..was the one which break me ..*..

so she did hear .him didnt she ...but pretend to close her eyes and her ears .she no longer need to hear another sad story anymore ..of someone suddenly disappearing from your life ...

O, so he was analyzing DR? O.o...whether to take her out on a date or not? There weren't any subs...so I had no idea what he was writing on paper in this scene.

oh WithS2 subtitles .translated that lol you can go read ..~i like the way he took down his notes ~ phwawa .. i want to know this jin gu 's story .he really is an interesting character ..based on the information he had gathered ..he had that interesting conversation with his father ...when his father keep insisting that Jin Dal Rae is the daughter in law he need ..Jin Gu was saying he will look around for other women ..her voice is too loud . then he start to bring out his data information

*she has this strange request .of every five year you need to save a life *

*she even threaten to kill me * [lol his father was saying you will be such an moron ifyou die in a woman's hand ]

*she doesnt have any economics concept ! ! she want me to turn 30 million to 100 million within a short period

Oh was it double widow?

Cos from the chi subbed ep that I saw, it was translated into "living widow 活寡妇"..

in korean it does sounds like living widow ..but hm from what i know .living widow i assumed it meant ..a woman who does have a husband but .is living like a widow .aka the husband just dun care abt her as awife ..so *two widow* sounds more like a apt insult of the two women ...

==================================

btw something i was thinking.. about the title.. robbers or bandits..

its original title in korean is more commonly plural.. 'a group of scoundrels'..

so maybe it's not just referring to Jang Hyeok's character...

ya. 不汗党 meant more like a gang as if at the end or during ..they will be forming a sort of group together or some thing .lol .or they all have similar *traits * ..

actually does Jin Dal rae ..meant a flower name ..

thanks for the song translation .and to LUV too^^ for the link .

Archived