[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest imogene_af

I couldn't really judge the dialogue, for I am not a Korean speaker. I know as someone with a second language, some things may work for another language and when translated, just seems random and loses its meaning.

So, I have no idea if the 500 years line is good or not, but I do see why it would come off as if it's in a random play or something. :lol:

Hmmm... pricks his finger with a flower,huh?

WITHS2- Thank you so much for the subs! Very, very grateful! Smiling with so much glee here.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

thank you for the new relationship chart, o-cha

so.. Kim Ho-Jin (the ggangpae small boss) and Kim Jin-Goo (the carot guy) have some kind of relationship too?

btw i dont completely get what was he "curious" about ..after he finish his tale of his *sister * to her ..at the end of esp 2 ~

i know it just one of his many stories but er. .i wonder how he going to fin that story up .? what he wanted to figure out where was she .when he was away ? ...is it his way of saying ...he really think that it is destiny .he met someone who resemble his sister so much ..that he wanted to know all about the missing period when he was not by the side of his sister ...if she can tell him ..?? :ph34r: lol actually i think i am not making sense ..

i thought it was more like a sympathy ploy to get the women to see that he is a vulnerable man who needs to be loved.

a lotta women would fall prey to the 'oh here is a sensitive man who has been hurt and i am the one who can heal him' kinda trap. it worked with the airport money girl. she even offered to sleep w/ him right away.

---

no .it not just abt how it is normally crying or screaming . there various different way of expressing that sorrow or grief . just that line ..seem so scripted . --; speaking out loud something written on a piece of paper ..or like on a stage play -; .....i dun know ..if it can be call uniqueness it seem abit cumbersome to let her those lines during that moment .

if it were edited out but only in her voicecover it appear , it already sounds good to me

I couldn't really judge the dialogue, for I am not a Korean speaker. I know as someone with a second language, some things may work for another language and when translated, just seems random and loses its meaning.

So, I have no idea if the 500 years line is good or not, but I do see why it would come off as if it's in a random play or something. :lol:

hm.. i dunno but 500 years isn't really a random number.

for koreans, it signifies the turning of one era to another.

goryeo dynasty and joseon dynasty.. each about 500 years,

and during the end of goryeo dynasty, there was a scholar caled Gil-Jae who wrote a poem,

called '500 years of wandering alone on horse'.. which is a famous poem, which is often regarded

as one of the earliest Korean poetry..

the poem talks about how he, at the end of Goryeo dynasty, the dynasty of enlightment,

wanders around 500 years through the city on a lone horse,

and the mountains and the rivers have remained the same,

but the Goryeo people have no place to rest their souls.

anyways i think i am getting kinda far out there..

but 500 years is not really a strictly random number for Koreans.

though it might be a stretch here.. :mellow:

----------

oh i keep forgetting to bring this up.. but i think someone was asking about Sang-Man the friend of Dal-rae's deceased hubby..

bandid02avi003942571si3.jpg

he is being played by actor Park Hyeong-Jae [박형재] (born 1975)

he's been acting for a long time, and had roles in:

Barefoot Love - 맨발의 사랑(2006),

Hometown Station - 고향역(2005), (starring role)

18:29 - 열여덟 스물아홉(2004),

King Flower Fairy - 왕꽃 선녀님(2004),

Nang Rang 18 - 낭랑 18세(2004),

Cat in the Rooftop House - 옥탑방 고양이(2003),

he recently filmed a China-Korea joint production called something like 'o brother where are thou'.. the one with danny ahn.

and he is the son of a famous radio/tv personality (a korean version of martha steward), mz. Song Do-Soon.

Guest joenjwang

oh my gawd, episode 2 was so riveting....

slow, silly, but the end was .... goood.

I think when Jang Hyuk (oh joon) was talking about his "younger" sister, he started crying and really staring and Dal Hae because he was talking about his older sister....or something....

I get that it was a way to open her heart, but I think part of it was true....(he does have a sick sister right?)

Guest j-star

hmm...does janhyuk have a thing for roles of men with single mothers and their child? O_O ^_^ aigo, so adorable. maybe bc nm his wifes kid is his. :D

Guest antinh85

just got caught up with Hong gil dong and this series.. i must say even though Da hae is my favorite...along with Sung yuri.. both series with wonderful cast...such as Kang ji hwan and jang huyk... but i gotta say i like hong gil dong more.. melodrama are getting boring to the audience such as myself.. i like the comedic series that are silly and wild.. I was hoping that Da hae would chose a series that would be different from her previous role.. like a spunky and sexy mean woman..

but nonetheless, it's still a good series but i given up hopes that it would achieve any high ratings.. well the story is just so predictable..

Guest lilyrose

I just finished both episodes of Robbers tonight.

I watched it first without subs and then again with the subs--and the difference is remarkable because this drama has such powerful dialog. There are other dramas that I have watched a couple of episodes of where just the action and knowledge of the unfolding of events naturally expected in K-dramas can pull you through with a fairly good idea of the plot, but not this drama.

I am awed not only by the dialogue--not only because they are nuanced, but also because they do so much to add depth to each character! I am yet to find a dull moment in the scenes surrounding jang huyk and Da hae. Jang Huyk is cinching my respect. he could easily have been just a typical "playboy" (who will, obviously change as he falls for Da Hae), but even in his calculations and actions, he manages to show his heart--his panic over his possible organ extraction (ie. death), his genuine perplexity over da hae not succumbing to his charm, his pain over his sister (a story that is yet to unfold). His facial expressions capture his heart--even while his words show (false) bravado. He is truly an excellent actor.

I absolutely love the humor--not so much the slapstick with the gangsters--but the dry wit throughout the two episodes (I love the line when JH states with a straight face that he may have a black eye but he is still handsome).

This drama--so far--has just the right blend of pathos, ethos, and humor.

I hope fans in Korea will catch onto this drama (assuming that this pace of excellent writing will continue and will sustain) and raise its ratings. But even if it doesn't, I know that this is the only drama in 2008 that I count the days until I see the megaupload links and the one where i cannot wait for the subs.

which brings me to my final point: THANK YOU, WITHS2 for subbing this drama. You do a great service to us all.

Also, KST, your subbing of Ep1 was exceptional--and I look forward to your subbing of other (many other) dramas.

The more the merrier is my motto.

Thank you all...and most of all, the anticipation of episode 3 is just about killing me :D .

Cheers.

Guest imogene_af

I just finished both episodes of Robbers tonight.

I watched it first without subs and then again with the subs--and the difference is remarkable because this drama has such powerful dialog. There are other dramas that I have watched a couple of episodes of where just the action and knowledge of the unfolding of events naturally expected in K-dramas can pull you through with a fairly good idea of the plot, but not this drama.

I am awed not only by the dialogue--not only because they are nuanced, but also because they do so much to add depth to each character! I am yet to find a dull moment in the scenes surrounding jang huyk and Da hae. Jang Huyk is cinching my respect. he could easily have been just a typical "playboy" (who will, obviously change as he falls for Da Hae), but even in his calculations and actions, he manages to show his heart--his panic over his possible organ extraction (ie. death), his genuine perplexity over da hae not succumbing to his charm, his pain over his sister (a story that is yet to unfold). His facial expressions capture his heart--even while his words show (false) bravado. He is truly an excellent actor.

I absolutely love the humor--not so much the slapstick with the gangsters--but the dry wit throughout the two episodes (I love the line when JH states with a straight face that he may have a black eye but he is still handsome).

This drama--so far--has just the right blend of pathos, ethos, and humor.

I hope fans in Korea will catch onto this drama (assuming that this pace of excellent writing will continue and will sustain) and raise its ratings. But even if it doesn't, I know that this is the only drama in 2008 that I count the days until I see the megaupload links and the one where i cannot wait for the subs.

which brings me to my final point: THANK YOU, WITHS2 for subbing this drama. You do a great service to us all.

Also, KST, your subbing of Ep1 was exceptional--and I look forward to your subbing of other (many other) dramas.

The more the merrier is my motto.

Thank you all...and most of all, the anticipation of episode 3 is just about killing me :D .

Cheers.

Beautifully written, I'd love to read more of your insights about this drama. I agree, it's for from typical, the characters here are so fleshed out. They all have a heart, no clear "heroes" or "villains". The humor is witty. It never goes overbearing or campy. It is far from typical, IMHO.

I agree about Jang Hyuk's performance, his eyes change around Dal Rae too. The character literally lights up around her, it's subtle but it takes a real good actor to pull these little things off.

dramaok Thanks for explaining about the numbers. Just as I felt, those lines may work well for the Korean language.

thank you for the new relationship chart, o-cha

so.. Kim Ho-Jin (the ggangpae small boss) and Kim Jin-Goo (the carot guy) have some kind of relationship too?

hm.. i dunno but 500 years isn't really a random number.

for koreans, it signifies the turning of one era to another.

goryeo dynasty and joseon dynasty.. each about 500 years,

and during the end of goryeo dynasty, there was a scholar caled Gil-Jae who wrote a poem,

called '500 years of wandering alone on horse'.. which is a famous poem, which is often regarded

as one of the earliest Korean poetry..

the poem talks about how he, at the end of Goryeo dynasty, the dynasty of enlightment,

wanders around 500 years through the city on a lone horse,

and the mountains and the rivers have remained the same,

but the Goryeo people have no place to rest their souls.

----------

oh i keep forgetting to bring this up, but i think someone was asking about Sang-Man the friend of Dal-rae's deceased hubby..

he is being played by actor Park Hyeong-Jae [박형재] (born 1975)

he's been acting for a long time, and had roles in:

Barefoot Love - 맨발의 사랑(2006),

Hometown Station - 고향역(2005), (starring role)

18:28 - 열여덟 스물아홉(2004),

King Flower Fairy - 왕꽃 선녀님(2004),

Nang Rang 18 - 낭랑 18세(2004),

Cat in the Rooftop House - 옥탑방 고양이(2003),.

Hey dramaok -

I had asked about her late husband's friend too - so thank you!

I thot for such a short scene - he showed amazing emotions and skills of acting.

ALSO - re: the 500 year poem -

any chance someone knows where it can be found?

would anyone have an objection if it got posted in this thread?

I just watched Ep. 2 with the subs -

and i understand the scene better with the mother-in-law and her late husband's junior -

the whole thing about "pens and pencils"

and another thing - earlier when the little girl wouldn't go to school because she wanted a "double widow"

becuz her mom told her they were "tasty" ! ahahaha

WITHS2 : you guys rock!! Thanks for the subs...will d/l the subs and watch it tonight..yay! Something to watch before tomorrow's new episode.

annchong : thanks for uploading the subs.

dramaok : thanks for explaining the importance of 500 years in Korean culture. As for Ho Jin and Jin Goo..I'm not sure what the relationship either. Maybe they used to work together?

lilyrose : I agree with you 100%. The dialogues are very meaningful and witty. The acting has been solid so far...kudos to all the cast members.

lananhcali18 : I think this will be both funny but sad. If you watch the first 2 episodes you'll know what I mean. There are many funny scenes but at the same time there's a little bit of sad tones in it. I think it's a nice balance of comedy and melodrama.

pinklily : I am hopeless..lol. I talked to imogene_af about this and told her I really should stop checking out medical conditions of fictional characters...hahaha. But alas I couldn't help myself and instead found a brand new disease that matches Oh Joon's condition even better..leukemia. I'm not giving up though..I'm still hanging on to the 'heartwarming' billing from the PD:lol:

Guest dramaok

ALSO - re: the 500 year poem -

any chance someone knows where it can be found?

would anyone have an objection if it got posted in this thread?

오백년 도읍지를

길재

오백년 도읍지를 필마로 도라드니

산천은 의구하되 인걸은 간 듸 업다.

어즈버 태평연월이 꿈이런가 하노라

---

note:

도읍지 = old seoul during goryeo era

인걸 = the soul of human after death

Guest Deedlith

Resynched subs for the Shinhwa ver here : http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=25571

Sorry for the delay I was out the whole day ( exams ) still got some tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, anyway enjoy!!!!

PS: The shinhwa ver of ep 2 may be difficult to find but it's available at least here : http://clubbox.co.kr/doldu

Clubbox entirely in Korean and it's not organised. Choose 50 items on screen to make it easier.

THANKS WITH S2

^

oh i didnt know this was out already! >_< i guess im gonna have to wait for it in youtube or veoh coz i have no idea whatsoever on how to do the soft subbing stuff :unsure:

LDH... a single mom... a must see! :)

IMOGENE_AF... i think i know you! :P bwahahaha! talk to you soon dod! ;)

Guest binaa2

^

oh i didnt know this was out already! >_< i guess im gonna have to wait for it in youtube or veoh coz i have no idea whatsoever on how to do the soft subbing stuff :unsure:

LDH... a single mom... a must see! :)

IMOGENE_AF... i think i know you! :P bwahahaha! talk to you soon dod! ;)

Hmm if you see it in either place it whould most probably mean the end of subbing.

So i whould suggest learn how to play softsubs. It's not hard.

Archived