[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

dramaok : thank you for the song translation...I think it'll be reflective of Oh Joon and Dal Rae's future relationship. It's a sad song... *sigh* there goes my hope for a happy and cheery ending....

pinklily : hahaha...I know..I can just imagine Da Hae teaching Jang Hyuk English all the time they were filming. And yes Hong Jyung In and Jang Hyuk's closeness is apparent through their acting -- good choice of casting here. I like how Man Doo and Oh Joon are so close...I think it's cute how Oh Joon text "I love you too" to Man Doo...it's not cheesy at all in that scene..and somehow just seems appropriate...after all the 'abuse' that Man Doo has to gro through because of Oh Joon...Oh Joon realizes it all and in a way is saying thank you to his friend for always sticking by him. That of course doesn't erase the fact that Oh Joon is using Man Doo..poor Man Doo..lol.

ripgal : thanks for posting the Korean lyrics to the 2 songs...

imogene_af : Are you rewatching the episodes again? I know I am...heheh..the good thing is only 2 more days until new episodes!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o-cha thanks for doing a really great job on the navigation post... i know its a lot of hardwork maintaining and constantly updating it and id like you to know that you're hardwork is truly helpful and full appreciated... Thanks a lot... however, id like to ask a question... the part 1 on the alternate link for HQ episode 2 is it a link? because i cant seem to access it...

hagrid0211: No problem. I'm glad the navi post is helpful. There's no link for the alt part 1 HQ dl. I'm just waiting to see if teppyvietnam would post the link for part 1. I think she/he was having problem with megaupload that day and the part 1 was problematic for her/him. Once teppyvietnam gives me or us the link...I'll update the post.

Guest dramaok

actually does Jin Dal rae ..meant a flower name ..

yes 진달래 [jin.dal.rae] is korean azalea or rosebay.

46812af2e08fxk5.jpg

it is an edible flower. in 'thank you' the woman who owned the haunted inn, the one who has a crush on yeong-shin's grandpa..

she made pancakes with jindalrae flower, that bloom in the spring in the mountains.

talking about flower.. btw they show a flower breaking into pedals when the preview starts to roll at the end of the episodes.

i think it's a rose? but what is the significance?

bandid02avi004320382ac3.jpg

Guest imogene_af

o-cha I'm rewatching it too much, looking for little details and still cracking up at every scene. When Oh Joon laughed at Dal Rae about the receipts, I melted. Hee. He seemed caught off guard, and when he watched her giggle, he just gave this sweetest smile.

I am totally a prey for Oh Joon!!! I have nothing in my bank account, go away, scoundrel! By the way, what did he write in those receipts?

I heard Jang Hyuk say things like... unbelievable, complicate, delicate... Hello! Honey! :lol:

Jin Goo seems to have something laying underneath... a lost love? I wonder what.

dramaok I asked the same in LDH's thread... if Jin Dal Rae is a name for a flower, what does a flower being broken into pieces of petals mean? :tears:

what I thought when I saw the rose's petals breaking is that:

Life is short...just like a flower...it is beautiful in one moment but within a short period of time it will go away.

Maybe a precursor to Oh Joon's sickness?

dramaok : oh thanks for letting us know about jindalrae.... so this is a very useful flower. It is a beautiful flower but at the same time it's also practical (edible)...and to top it off since it only grows in the mountains during spring..thie means this is a flower that's not easy to get.

Just like our Jin Dal Rae in the drama...she is pretty, practical (economical, doesn't fall for Oh Joon's 'nonsense') and also hard to get. Hehehe. Love the parallels between the flower and the character.

Guest ripgal

thanks for the translation ..~ ...maybe i am the odd one out .but ..the 500 year that few lines .. seem so out of the blue for me--;; unless it is a share story between them or something .but for a woman in her grief to jump suddenly to that was abit * huh for me .* ..it break me off my concentration --;;.i can understand what she is trying to make sense of .how can someone just disappear like that ..~ ..going far to 500 years was abit too far back for me -;;..but the simple .*please let mummy think for a minute ..was the one which break me ..*..

You're not the only one..I had the same strange feeling when I watched it for the first time. It was kinda odd that Dal Rae was still able to say that given that she was supposed to be breaking down inside. Normally it would have been crying and screaming and stuff.. but she was still able to keep her calm quite well when she said those words. (tho she was crying) But when I watched it for the second time, it kinda touched my heart. It was really sad, because she was in shock, and she still couldn't believe that her beloved husband had left just like that. Probably the drama wanted to show us in an unconventional way, a person in shock might just lose her temporary sense for a while and say something out of the blue. I'm not sure if these things happen in reality.. but I thought those words were good illustrations in showing how large the impact of that news was to Dal Rae. One minute he was here, the next he's gone. I guess it's just the uniqueness of the script..

what I thought when I saw the rose's

Maybe a precursor to Oh Joon's sickness?

dramaok : oh thanks for letting us know about jindalrae.... so this is a very useful flower. It is a beautiful flower but at the same time it's also practical (edible)...and to top it off since it only grows in the mountains during spring..thie means this is a flower that's not easy to get.

Just like our Jin Dal Rae in the drama...she is pretty, practical (economical, doesn't fall for Oh Joon's 'nonsense') and also hard to get. Hehehe. Love the parallels between the flower and the character.

I think we'll get to see the connection soon. as the drama progresses..

But you have a point there... it's very logical, they way you interpreted it.

But your spoiler..was there any indication that it would happen? Please no!!! :tears:

Guest imogene_af

I think we'll get to see the connection soon. as the drama progresses..

But you have a point there... it's very logical, they way you interpreted it.

But your spoiler..was there any indication that it would happen? Please no!!! :tears:

Goodness, how much can Jin Dal Rae suffer if she took that double blow!

But the director of photography did say that Oh Joon is like the snow in winter, gives joy but will melt and disappear. How cruel.

This writer does tend to have depressing conclusions. The director also gave us a curve ball in Bad Couple. Egawd.

:ph34r:

Goodness, how much can Jin Dal Rae suffer if she took that double blow!

But the director of photography did say that Oh Joon is like the snow in winter, gives joy but will melt and disappear. How cruel.

This writer does tend to have depressing conclusions. The director also gave us a curve ball in Bad Couple. Egawd.

:ph34r:

Exactly....and what Dal Rae said at the end of the second episode...the one about

the wall of designated mourners...it just makes me think that she will suffer another loss. Plus I still think Oh Joon's vomit is more than just because he was disgusted by the gangster's threat...maybe early signs of sickness? Cancer...probably stomach cancer or something like that? Didn't the female lead in Bad Couple also have cancer?

Oh here's the romanization and translation for Honey...please feel free to correct me.

Park Jin Young - Honey

Oh,HONEY~

그대를 처음 본 그순간

keudaereul cheoeum bon keu soongan

The time when I first saw you

난 움직일수가 없었지

nan oomjikil sooga eopseotji

I couldn’t move

그대 그 아름다운 모습

keudae keu areumdaoon moseup

Your beautiful feature

난 넋을 잃고야 말았지

Nan neokseul ilgoya maratji

I became absent minded unable to speak

그대의 아름다운 그

keudaeeui areumdaoon keu

your beauty

그미소가

Keu misoga

That smile

나를 사로잡았지

Nareul sarojapattji

I was captured

Hey 거기 그래 자기

hey keogi keurae jagi

Hey at that place I was (captured)

웬만하면 내게 오지

Wenman hamyeon naege oji

When you came to me

우리 여기에서 둘이

Oori yeogieso doori

The two of us there

멋진밤을 함께 하지

Meotjin bameul hamkke haji

together we'll make it a great night

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

eojjeom aroomdapkido haji

it may be a beautiful chance meeting

내게 오지 나를 믿지

Naege oji nareul midji

I’m a believer when you came to me

절대 후회할리 없지

Jeoldae hoohwe halli optji

I have no regrets at all

그대의 그 섹시한 눈빛

keudae eui ke seksihan noonbit

Your sexy eyes

오 나를또 바라보았지

o nareulddo baraboattji

looking at me again

눈빛이 마주치는 순간

noonbiti majoochineun soongan

the moment I see your eyes

난 숨을 쉴수가 없었지

Nan soomeul suilsooga opsottji

I was breathless

그대야 말로 하늘이

keudaeya malro haneuri

you were sent down from heaven

내려주신

Naeryeo joosin

진정한 Honey지 오

Jinjeonghan Honey ji o

I feel anxious honey oh

Hey 거기 그래 자기

Hey keogi keurae jagi

웬만하면 내게 오지

Wenman hamyeon naege oji

When you came to me

우리 여기에서 둘이

Oori yeogieso doori

The two of us there

멋진밤을 함께 하지

meotjin bameul hamkke haji

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

내게 오지 나를 믿지

Naege oji nareul midji

절대 후회할리 없지

I have no regrets at all

Now Everybody party

내게로 걸어오는 그대

Naegero keoleo oneun keudae

When you walk towards me

난 바라볼수가 없었지

Nan paraboolsooga opsotji

I can’t even watch

걸어오는 그대의 모습

Keoleo oneun keudaueui moseup

Your feature as you walk

너무 눈부시기 때문이지

Nomoo noonboosigi ddaemooniji

Because you are so dazzling

이제서야 비로소 나

Ijeseoya birosona

For the first time

나 새로운 사랑에

Na saerooon sarange

To a brand new love

눈을 뜬거지

Nooneul ddeungeoji

My eyes are open

Hey 거기 그래 자기

Hey keogi keurae jagi

웬만하면 내게 오지

Wenman hamyeon naege oji

When you came to me

우리 여기에서 둘이

Oori yeogieso doori

The two of us there

멋진밤을 함께 하지

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

내게 오지 나를 믿지

Naege oji nareul midji

절대 후회할리 없지

I have no regrets at all

Hey 거기 그래 자기

Hey keogi keurae jagi

웬만하면 내게 오지

Wenman hamyeon naege oji

When you came to me

우리 여기에서 둘이

Oori yeogieso doori

The two of us there

멋진밤을 함께 하지

Oh Honey Oh Baby

어쩜 아름답기도 하지

내게 오지 나를 믿지

Naege oji nareul midji

절대 후회할리 없지

I have no regrets at all

Guest imogene_af

Exactly....and what Dal Rae said at the end of the second episode...the one about

the wall of designated mourners...it just makes me think that she will suffer another loss. Plus I still think Oh Joon's vomit is more than just because he was disgusted by the gangster's threat...maybe early signs of sickness? Cancer...probably stomach cancer or something like that? Didn't the female lead in Bad Couple also have cancer?

Hm. I'm also wondering about the fresh looking wound around his thumb during the first scene. It just looked...not right. Haha. Yes, in Bad Couple she had cancer. GAAAAH! I'm really crossing my fingers they won't take this route. Maybe it's a happy melodrama.

:lol: But just speculating, I won't worry...yet. :blink:

Thank you for the HONEY romanization and lyrics. That song is such a gigolo song. :lol:

Guest ripgal

Oh here's the romanization and translation for Honey...please feel free to correct me.

Haha..we're already speculating so much, and we're only in Ep 2! :lol:

I'm already prepared for a sad ending..but now that I've seen how much plight Dal Rae's suffered..plus the fact that she'd been trying to overcoming her grief by living positively all those years and has finally came out of it, I really can't bear to see the possible death of Oh Joon take a toll on her. Now that you've mentioned about his vomitting.. it's starting to worry me

:tears:

And just wondering.. will Oh Joon's cut in his mouth be a temporary one? hahaha.. he's gotta clean up soon.. Or is it some metaphoric sigh of Oh Joon's imperfection? (bleh..i'm just crapping..^^)

ripgal : I can't help speculating..lol...

I'm speculating so much that I even went to WebMD to see the symptoms of

stomach cancer

Here is what it says:

Stomach cancer is most often seen in men over 55. It is more common in Japan, Korea, parts of Eastern Europe, and Latin America than in the United States and Canada. This is thought to be related to the common diet in these countries, which consists of nitrate-containing, salted foods -- especially meat and fish.

Anything that increases your risk of getting a disease is called a risk factor. Risk factors include the following:

Helicobacter pylori infection of the stomach.

Chronic gastritis (inflammation of the stomach).

Older age.

Being male.

A diet high in salted, smoked, or poorly preserved foods and low in fruits and vegetables.---I don't think Oh Joon has healthy eating habit

Pernicious anemia.

Smoking cigarettes.

Intestinal metaplasia.

Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) or gastric polyps.

A mother, father, sister, or brother who has had stomach cancer. --- maybe his sister has this illness too??

In the early stages of gastric cancer, the following symptoms may occur:

Indigestion and stomach discomfort.

A bloated feeling after eating.

Mild nausea.

Loss of appetite.

Heartburn.

In more advanced stages of gastric cancer, the following symptoms may occur:

Blood in the stool.

Vomiting.

Weight loss for no known reason.

Stomach pain.

Jaundice (yellowing of eyes and skin).

Ascites (build-up of fluid in the abdomen).

Trouble swallowing.

Yes I know this is just speculation...but who knows?:lol:

Can someone kindly translate the character description for these two? I'd like to put them up under the character description but I'm not understanding a few words in there. Thanks!

cast_e9.jpg

cast_e10.jpg

Guest imogene_af

*covers ears with all the speculation*

LALALALALALALAALA! :lol: My Happy Drama! Happy Drama!

Either that or what if he doesn't come up with the money in 20 days? Would he be on the run all the time? Leave Dal Rae?

Thanks for the picture, Ripgal. I had to put it in my address bar,though for it to work.

ETA: Nevermind, it works now.

thanks for the pics ripgal.

SBS just updated the site with character chart. SBS also added a bit more description to Oh Joon, Jin Goo, Soon Seom and Man Doo (I put this in the navi post so check there for the update)

rel1-ohsook.jpg

rel2-ohjoon.jpgrel3-dalrae.jpg

rel4-mandoo.jpg

credit: SBS Bulhandang website.

yes 진달래 [jin.dal.rae] is korean azalea or rosebay.

it is an edible flower. in 'thank you' the woman who owned the haunted inn, the one who has a crush on yeong-shin's grandpa..

she made pancakes with jindalrae flower, that bloom in the spring in the mountains.

talking about flower.. btw they show a flower breaking into pedals when the preview starts to roll at the end of the episodes.

i think it's a rose? but what is the significance?

oh thks , ah so it is a spring flower . mrs song and mr lee^^of course ! the pancakes ..DaL Rae is a spring flower ..brings hope .and happiness ....i suppose ..bring warmth in this chilling cold winter .. and a new beginning ..when winter ends

yup i noticed the flower petals at the opening preview . .lol that's why i wanted to know what flower does Jin Dal Rae name meant ....but in the preview . falling petals belongs to a rose it seem , which led me to why i asked abt the flowers .. in esp 2 . oh joon also pricked his finger on a rose ...white rose . .just like that flower in that opening theme. .white rose has a lot of flower language ..it can meant innocence .purity ...[and can also have assocation with death --;;]

bulhangdang.gif

BulhandangE021080103HDTVXviD-Entala.jpg

from DC

btw i dont completely get what was he "curious" about ..after he finish his tale of his *sister * to her ..at the end of esp 2 ~

i know it just one of his many stories but er. .i wonder how he going to fin that story up .? what he wanted to figure out where was she .when he was away ? ...is it his way of saying ...he really think that it is destiny .he met someone who resemble his sister so much ..that he wanted to know all about the missing period when he was not by the side of his sister ...if she can tell him ..?? :ph34r: lol actually i think i am not making sense ..

You're not the only one..I had the same strange feeling when I watched it for the first time. It was kinda odd that Dal Rae was still able to say that given that she was supposed to be breaking down inside. Normally it would have been crying and screaming and stuff.. but she was still able to keep her calm quite well when she said those words. (tho she was crying) But when I watched it for the second time, it kinda touched my heart. It was really sad, because she was in shock, and she still couldn't believe that her beloved husband had left just like that. Probably the drama wanted to show us in an unconventional way, a person in shock might just lose her temporary sense for a while and say something out of the blue. I'm not sure if these things happen in reality.. but I thought those words were good illustrations in showing how large the impact of that news was to Dal Rae. One minute he was here, the next he's gone. I guess it's just the uniqueness of the script..

no .it not just abt how it is normally crying or screaming . there various different way of expressing that sorrow or grief . just that line ..seem so scripted . --; speaking out loud something written on a piece of paper ..or like on a stage play -; .....i dun know ..if it can be call uniqueness it seem abit cumbersome to let her those lines during that moment .

if it were edited out but only in her voicecover it appear , it already sounds good to me

Guest pinklily

o-cha...i'm laughing and crying at the same time reading your speculations. hilarious how you bolded certain characteristics that matched Oh Joon...Korean, being male...poor eating habits! :lol: but as i read down through all those symptoms...makes me want to cry. :tears:

one or the other of them being sick had never crossed my mind. i know Oh Joon gets beaten up a lot...pretty badly too, puking blood and stuff...and he doesn't really seem the type to seek medical attention for it either ^^;; so, thinking about it...it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to write cancer or fatal disease into his story. but gahhhh, please no... no deaths! certainly the writers can find a way to keep them all alive in the end :tears: i do remember the comment about how snow symbolizes Oh Joon...and combined with what the breaking of the rose may mean...i have to admit it doesn't forbode very well for what may come. i had also been thinking about episode 2...how so early in the drama they've already given us something so dramatic and heartbreaking...is that hinting for us to prepare ourselves for more heartbreaks to come? ^^;;

i'm going to hang on to "heartwarming"... that's what they've been emphasizing the story will inspire...so i'll put my faith in the writer(s) that he/she/they will come through with a happy, heartwarming ending.

actually...i see i jumped the gun too quickly...miahne ^^;; cancer, fatal disease...doesn't necessarily mean death! :w00t: i mean it's not fun or anything...but at least the fatal part is not guaranteed! :P

if you think about it...Jin Goo has the possibility of fatal sickness too. his alergic reaction to carrots...scary! and in the preveiw, there's also the part about Dal Rae being sick! yikes! i really hope the writer(s) don't play around with this idea too much ^^;; they've written in the death of one character already right at the beginning of the story...please let that be all. T_T certainly, Jin Dal Rae can't stand to suffer another blow.

haha...o-cha, i also like your drawing correlations between Jin Dal Rae the name, and the flower it originated from. very clever chinggu! :lol:Jo's explaination for Oh Joon's metaphoric imperfection was also hilarious! i can't wait to see Oh Joon clean up a bit too! he does have a taste for fine things...the part where he goes on a shopping spree w/ Man Doo's card...he has good taste/style i say! lol, he just needs to keep his face away from flying fists is all! :sweatingbullets:

thank you dramaok and o-cha for romanzination and translation of those lyrics! :wub:

and thank you WITHs2 for episode 2 subs! :wub:

no .it not just abt how it is normally crying or screaming . there various different way of expressing that sorrow or grief . just that line ..seem so scripted . --; speaking out loud something written on a piece of paper ..or like on a stage play -; .....i dun know ..if it can be call uniqueness it seem abit cumbersome to let her those lines during that moment .

if it were edited out but only in her voicecover it appear , it already sounds good to me

you know...you do have a point with these particular lines being voice-overed instead. i've enjoyed the scene (crying along and all) everytime i've rewatched it...but here's my chance to watch it simultaneously with subs...so that should be interesting.

Oh Joon pricking his finger(s) on thorns of the white rose...is the white rose symbolic of something?...what does it all mean???? haha...you guys are much better at this than i am...i don't know where to start speculating even if i wanted to ^^;;

Archived