[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest babymarzy07

hi canyasis, shirley and mic ~~

nice to see guys here after insoon as well..

hehhe hope we can enjoy this drama together too.. ^^

im yet to watch eppie one..

but i will over the weekend..

this was a surprise though..

i like the director though so expecting a nice one..

i wont say there's a winner really..

im sad HGD wasnt as well received as it original was aniticpated..

but i hope it will turn out better..

i think it will.. but its not that bad either.. :)

im still rooting for it.. KJH <3

i agree, if they do it like Hyang Dan it will be great.

oh shirley, always with the naughty thoughts eh? heheehhe

waves to Jo chinggu, hope to catch u online again! ^^

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh i swear Jang Hyuk look like Hyunbin~ at first i thought it was him XD down to the hairstyle/beard

i like this drama so far, quite witty indeed

but i don't know what the manager guy wrote on the paper when she called?

He wrote different stuff..

on the second pic he wrote things like Dal Rae jjang, Jin Dal Rae 'unni', and some other stuff that is kindda hidden so I can't read. I think the main idea was to put as many papers w/ Dal Rae's name into the box. The box is probably a box to nominate best employee?? not sure..but looking at the way he grabbed those receipts from the other people...It might be that people can put the name of the person most helpful at the store or something..you know like a suggestion box/praise box thing? I'm not sure...hopefully someone else can either verify or tell me I'm wrong.

ripgal : you finally watch eps 1! Isn't it a good pilot?

I agree with all of you...the kid actor..Her real name is Hwan Hee...she is so natural...and she is so darn cute. I want to just hug her....

oh shirley, always with the naughty thoughts eh? heheehhe

waves to Jo chinggu, hope to catch u online again! ^^

:blush: my new year resolution did include me being a sweet nice good girl this year ...dang . i break it on the 2nd day

He wrote different stuff..

on the second pic he wrote things like Dal Rae jjang, Jin Dal Rae 'unni', and some other stuff that is kindda hidden so I can't read. I think the main idea was to put as many papers w/ Dal Rae's name into the box. The box is probably a box to nominate best employee?? not sure..but looking at the way he grabbed those receipts from the other people...It might be that people can put the name of the person most helpful at the store or something..you know like a suggestion box/praise box thing? I'm not sure...hopefully someone else can either verify or tell me I'm wrong.

l^^thanks for this

if i recall ..correctly .i think there was a shot taken of some best employee award or notice on the wall .lol maybe that sparked off his *gathering receipt champaign *

also Jin-Gu must have some kinda story too. he is divorced once and he has no friends. and i think so far he is more annoyed and put off by Dal-rae than intrigued, but he is putting up with her, just to put up with his dad, so he can get his inheritance and go live abroad as he wishes.

. to think i was more cheated by Jin Goo then by Oh Joon. .tsk .tsk....

Yay! Finally there is a drama that I can enjoy, lol. I think by far...Bandit and New Heart are the two most enjoyable dramas to watch at the moment...but it's such a shame that I won't be able to watch any of these dramas continuously anymore now that my winter break is almost over, shucks~! Anyhow...I just wanted to stop by in this thread and say how much I enjoyed watching the first two episodes despite the low TV ratings (but hah, who cares about the ratings?...some people are just missing out on a good drama)

I usually don't post at soompi as much as I use to, but I thought I should contribute a little bit to this thread before I head back to school again...so here is a brief translation of the last scene in episode 2. It was quite a touching scene and LDH and the hubby's friend's acting performance was quite good. In the middle of translating, I realized that I was translating each line/sentence as how I would for timers to time each line easily...so all the lines are pretty much separated as opposed to being combined as a whole...so it looks like it's all over the place...sorry about that...but I did separate each line with symbols to differentiate who's talking. So hope you all enjoy! :) PS-it's so nice to see familiar screen names in this thread...I really missed watching and discussing my favorite dramas at soompi.

------

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS TRANSLATION OUT OF SOOMPI FORUMS, THANK YOU! :)

KEY: [*] = Jin Dal-Rae / [-] = Sang Min (hubby's friend)

*Whether it rains or snows...

*Whether the flowers blossoms or withers...

*Whether it's windy or hails, I will never leave your side.

*You call this never leaving my side?

*Perhaps he secretly had a hidden wife in the Himalaya Mountain and is going back and forth between two wifes?

*I will hurt him if he did!

*Was it a Tibetan woman instead of (???) woman?

*It might be.

*His style of woman is more of a Tibetan type.

*That one time, he told me to braid my hair like those women in Tibet. That pervert!

*Even if he fell in a love with a Tibetan woman, I'll forgive him if he comes home right now.

*He gets off the plane and gets inside the taxi.

*He gets dropped off at the bottom of the stairs.

*He walks up the stairs. Walks up. Walks up. Walks up. He's up.

*He's nearing the alley. Two steps. Three steps. He see's the house.

*Five steps. One, two, three, four, five.

*He puts his knapsack down.

*Rings the doorbell.

*Ding~Dong~~~

(runs outside)

*Jang Tae-Woo, stop right there!

*Just stop right there. I'll hurt you if you move a muscle!

*Don't even breathe. Don't move!

*Who are you?

-It's me, sister-in-law.

-It's Sang-Man.

*Oh, Sang-Man!

*Where's Tae-Woo?

-I was only able to bring this.

*What?

-Climbing down the mountain...when I arrived...he wasn't there.

*What was?

-Tae-Woo...Tae-Woo wasn't there.

*Why?

-When I looked back...the crevasse...

*What is that?

-It's a big crack that forms when the ice moves over uneven rocks (or when ice spreads).

-I don't believe it either...I looked back to see him often...but a minute before I looked back to see him...

-He was doing a great job climbing down...I really saw him climbing down...

*So what?

-My knapsack was heavy so Tae-Woo switched his with mine.

-Tae-Woo had my knapsack and I had his.

-So...

*So what does that mean?

*What about the knapsack? What about the crevasse?

-I'm sorry, Dal-Rae.

-I came back by myself.

*So that is why I'm asking you...why?

*What about the crevasse? What about the knapsack?

-I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Dal-Rae.

*He said that he was going with you...he wrote in the letter that he'll go just this once and never go mountain climbing again.

*He keeps his promises.

*He wrote a letter and just left like that...I was so mad, but still trusted him.

*If I trusted him, he needs to come back.

*Why didn't a person come and just a knapsack?

*I don't understand anything you are saying.

*I don't understand what any of it means.

*It's obvious that a 500 year old person will not be alive after 500 years.

*And it's also obvious that a 200 year old person will not be alive after 200 years.

*100 year old person may possibly still be alive after 100 years.

*Someone who is 50 years old is usually still alive after 50 years.

*But Sang-Man...it's so horrible to say that a person who was here just a minute ago is not alive after a minute.

*Are you joking with me?

*Are you playing jokes on me?

*How can you say such a horrible thing, Sang-Man!

-I wish everything was a lie!

(runs back inside her house)

*Baby.

*Please let mommy think for a minute so just hold still.

*Mommy...mommy has to think...mommy has to think!

*So you're saying...not even 100 or 200 years...but someone who was alive just disappears within a couple of years?

*I know. I understand. But hello...I can't see myself get sick or someone else get sick anymore.

*Hello, I beg of you....Please don't tell me that your sick, how sick you are or why you are sick.

purpletiger86 : :tears::tears::tears: I'm tearing up again reading your translation of the last part. Thank you for sharing the whole conversation!..it is so touching and heart breaking. :tears::tears:

I am officially IN LOVE with this drama. It is so so good... I can laugh and cry in one episode...and enjoying every single moment. How can I wait 1 week before the next episode? .... goodness I love this drama!

Before I forget....want to comment on how great the last part of the 2nd episode is... Da Hae really brought me to tears. My heart ached with her... wonderful acting job there.

Anyone else noticed Oh Joon's line to Dal Rae when he asked her for a dinner date? He used the line from MISA...but he said "Do you want to eat dinner with me or kiss me?" instead...That guy is such a player...lol. And I find it cute how he tried to 'act' before he delivered those lines.

Guest litto_gurl

Anyone else noticed Oh Joon's line to Dal Rae when he asked her for a dinner date? He used the line from MISA...but he said "Do you want to eat dinner with me or kiss me?" instead...That guy is such a player...lol. And I find it cute how he tried to 'act' before he delivered those lines.

haha...that's a really cute line there...

many thanks to all those who post up summaries...without u guys i would have no clue/idea what's going on except reading body language and face expression....

My apologies for the delay and there is more.. Clubbox has been super nice (so Monica dear you can try it now!!!) but MU decides that today is the day it needs to be a lemon :(

So, part 1 is still uploading. As usual, you need to use HJSplit but if you cannot wait, delete the .002 behind and see the second half but remember to add the .002 again when you want to join it with the .001 file. Is that clear or have I made you more :tears::crazy: . I know I am :blink:

Ep2 Robbers Seattle/Ental

Ep2 Robbers Seattle/Ental 1/2

soon when MU stops being sour :(

it stop- 3 hrs later :)http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RT5XX09R

Ep2 Robbers Seattle/Ental 2/2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PY3I74X9

Shinhwa version 1.5 gb Part 1 is also being uploaded.

Oh teppyvietnam - after my own heart. Isn't MU nasty today!!!!! Grrgghhh. Let's buy rotten tomatoes and throw it at them!!!

teppyvietnam and annchong : thanks you guys! hopefully MU will treat you better. I'll help throw rotten tomatoes at them :lol:

Some new updates to the website.

credit: SBS Bulhandang website

top_img.jpg

top_couple.jpg

Guest incarnadine

Goodness gracious, this thread's so active! I'm so happy everyone who has seen the first 2 eps enjoyed them ~ can't wait to get home and see them!!! ^^

to shirley, imogene, Jo, o-cha, nazznen and all the others ~~ thanks SO much for all the feddback. I admit that I too live for spoilers, but of course, I still have to see it for myself to enjoy the experience :)

Guest anne0129

Yay! Finally there is a drama that I can enjoy, lol. I think by far...Bandit and New Heart are the two most enjoyable dramas to watch at the moment...but it's such a shame that I won't be able to watch any of these dramas continuously anymore now that my winter break is almost over, shucks~! Anyhow...I just wanted to stop by in this thread and say how much I enjoyed watching the first two episodes despite the low TV ratings (but hah, who cares about the ratings?...some people are just missing out on a good drama)

I usually don't post at soompi as much as I use to, but I thought I should contribute a little bit to this thread before I head back to school again...so here is a brief translation of the last scene in episode 2. It was quite a touching scene and LDH and the hubby's friend's acting performance was quite good. In the middle of translating, I realized that I was translating each line/sentence as how I would for timers to time each line easily...so all the lines are pretty much separated as opposed to being combined as a whole...so it looks like it's all over the place...sorry about that...but I did separate each line with symbols to differentiate who's talking. So hope you all enjoy! :) PS-it's so nice to see familiar screen names in this thread...I really missed watching and discussing my favorite dramas at soompi.

------

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS TRANSLATION OUT OF SOOMPI FORUMS, THANK YOU! :)

KEY: [*] = Jin Dal-Rae / [-] = Sang Min (hubby's friend)

*Whether it rains or snows...

*Whether the flowers blossoms or withers...

*Whether it's windy or hails, I will never leave your side.

*You call this never leaving my side?

*Perhaps he secretly had a hidden wife in the Himalaya Mountain and is going back and forth between two wifes?

*I will hurt him if he did!

*Was it a Tibetan woman instead of (???) woman?

*It might be.

*His style of woman is more of a Tibetan type.

*That one time, he told me to braid my hair like those women in Tibet. That pervert!

*Even if he fell in a love with a Tibetan woman, I'll forgive him if he comes home right now.

*He gets off the plane and gets inside the taxi.

*He gets dropped off at the bottom of the stairs.

*He walks up the stairs. Walks up. Walks up. Walks up. He's up.

*He's nearing the alley. Two steps. Three steps. He see's the house.

*Five steps. One, two, three, four, five.

*He puts his knapsack down.

*Rings the doorbell.

*Ding~Dong~~~

(runs outside)

*Jang Tae-Woo, stop right there!

*Just stop right there. I'll hurt you if you move a muscle!

*Don't even breathe. Don't move!

*Who are you?

-It's me, sister-in-law.

-It's Sang-Man.

*Oh, Sang-Man!

*Where's Tae-Woo?

-I was only able to bring this.

*What?

-Climbing down the mountain...when I arrived...he wasn't there.

*What was?

-Tae-Woo...Tae-Woo wasn't there.

*Why?

-When I looked back...the crevasse...

*What is that?

-It's a big crack that forms when the ice moves over uneven rocks (or when ice spreads).

-I don't believe it either...I looked back to see him often...but a minute before I looked back to see him...

-He was doing a great job climbing down...I really saw him climbing down...

*So what?

-My knapsack was heavy so Tae-Woo switched his with mine.

-Tae-Woo had my knapsack and I had his.

-So...

*So what does that mean?

*What about the knapsack? What about the crevasse?

-I'm sorry, Dal-Rae.

-I came back by myself.

*So that is why I'm asking you...why?

*What about the crevasse? What about the knapsack?

-I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Dal-Rae.

*He said that he was going with you...he wrote in the letter that he'll go just this once and never go mountain climbing again.

*He keeps his promises.

*He wrote a letter and just left like that...I was so mad, but still trusted him.

*If I trusted him, he needs to come back.

*Why didn't a person come and just a knapsack?

*I don't understand anything you are saying.

*I don't understand what any of it means.

*It's obvious that a 500 year old person will not be alive after 500 years.

*And it's also obvious that a 200 year old person will not be alive after 200 years.

*100 year old person may possibly still be alive after 100 years.

*Someone who is 50 years old is usually still alive after 50 years.

*But Sang-Man...it's so horrible to say that a person who was here just a minute ago is not alive after a minute.

*Are you joking with me?

*Are you playing jokes on me?

*How can you say such a horrible thing, Sang-Man!

-I wish everything was a lie!

(runs back inside her house)

*Baby.

*Please let mommy think for a minute so just hold still.

*Mommy...mommy has to think...mommy has to think!

*So you're saying...not even 100 or 200 years...but someone who was alive just disappears within a couple of years?

*I know. I understand. But hello...I can't see myself get sick or someone else get sick anymore.

*Hello, I beg of you....Please don't tell me that your sick, how sick you are or why you are sick.

Hello! This is my first time to post here I think. I'm not really sure. Thanks for the transcript. I haven't seen this yet as there is not english subs out yet. Please can someone be kind enough to upload the first 2 eps with english subs I have been looking everywhere for it. I loved the lines and I was tearing up just reading it. Hope to see this series soon. I don't think Hong Gil Dong is that great I just hope Bulhandang will surpass them in the ratings soon. People must see this series from what I have been reading from sites likes this. This is an AMAZING DRAMA. A MUST WATCH DRAMA INDEED!!!!!! Thanks again for the transcript.

Guest Rainie

oh actually i like his pen. lol i was actually wondering was the same one JH used in the first 10 min . and even wonder which brand is this pen . very fine pen both men have.

fund manager are good at analysis ..they take all the data and information and .analyzeD! . .. and to evaluate if they are risk taker or risk averse . .lol they asked you questions and say okie i will get back to you on which investment fit your profile

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1402/sn...01020126do2.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2359/sn...01020127sa9.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6385/sn...01020130sb0.jpg

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7412/sn...01020134no3.jpg

from DC

O, so he was analyzing DR? O.o...whether to take her out on a date or not? There weren't any subs...so I had no idea what he was writing on paper in this scene.

The first episode was good...it was a bit confusing and strange in some parts. But probably because lots of things are yet to be uncovered. There's too many questions left unanswered in the first episode...so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Guest bm05om

actually Oh Joon's sob story to Dal-rae didn't accuse her of any fault for him becoming wounded and his car totalled.

in fact, he pretended to think she saved him from getting killed, because if it hadn't been her note, which he had an out of body experience with while reading it, he would've been fatally hurt by the oncoming car which crashed into his parked car.

so his stance now, is that she saved his life, so not only does she not owe him anything, he now owes her something for saving him,

which he insists on paying back, and dal-rae, in trying to brush him off, told him he could vote for her at the bookstore.

thanks dramaok, that made me understood the whole thing so much better. :)

Yeah o-cha,I was actually waiting for it,cuz it was the one from the LiveTV ENT news clip where LDH burst out laughing while JH hadn't even finished saying the lines . :lol:

purpletiger86, thank you for the translation..to be able to understand the meaning lines by lines,the whole scene feels soo much sadder and intense.LDH's acting and the Sang Man actor really got to me. :tears: And it IS such a shame that you won't be able to watch the dramas when you go back to school,this thread would be missing a big help with the dialogue translations.

611ua8.jpg

From eppie 3 preview,is this table in Oh Joon's journal really what I think it is?So he's assuming that Dal Rae is either 24 or 25 years old?And is that Kim Yun Ah?The other woman or somebody else?I'm sorry I can only read a little bit Korean so I'm just doing a lot of guessing.But I sure am curious about what he's written here. :P

And count me in as mafia boss/ MIL shipper! ..lols

Guest babymarzy07

:blush: my new year resolution did include me being a sweet nice good girl this year ...dang . i break it on the 2nd day

ROFL~~ that kind of resolution so easy to break :P if i said that i dont think i could keep it ;)

thanks for pointing that out, o-cha! hahahha i will look out for that!!

Hello! This is my first time to post here I think. I'm not really sure. Thanks for the transcript. I haven't seen this yet as there is not english subs out yet. Please can someone be kind enough to upload the first 2 eps with english subs I have been looking everywhere for it. I loved the lines and I was tearing up just reading it. Hope to see this series soon. I don't think Hong Gil Dong is that great I just hope Bulhandang will surpass them in the ratings soon. People must see this series from what I have been reading from sites likes this. This is an AMAZING DRAMA. A MUST WATCH DRAMA INDEED!!!!!! Thanks again for the transcript.

sorry.. sub release are still on hold.. because of the whole subbing issue.. and not all has followed suit with the rules.. let's just be patient and support them.. pls read this for more info subbing policy

purpletiger86, thank u for that!! what a touching dialogue. we missed ur posts! ^^

So here's the deal... so was out there in our living room enjoying my freedom from having finished major submissions i have for my subjects (since that marketing plan crap left me with no time to spare even for sleep...) watching Amazing Race Asia and i started to realize that they were in SOuth Korea... and just then did something struck me and made me remember that i actually have to catch up with the robbers thread... (since i failed to catch the premiere because i could not even manage to get in to the livestreaming... and if i actually did it would have buffered like hell... so what the heck i just continued doing what i was really supposed to do... schoolwork...) you ssee it was like god was sending me signal and the cue that i actually forgot to do something really important...

so i did... and oh my goodness ill never miss a day without checking up on this thread again... its amazing that its only like 1 and 1/2 days since i last checked up on this thread and the posts already stacked up to 10 pages already... you guys are amazing i must say... and backtracking through those pages was both tedious and too exciting that i would not like to undertake again if given the chance... i literally had to keep a list of who to credit and thank for the reviews, posts, summaries, caps or whatever...

so here it goes...

Thanks to shirley, nazzen, pinklily, ripgal, SANBI, dramaok and other great soompiers (which i fail to list down) who provided gooddies, summaries, ratings info and stuffs...

Still waiting for Javabeans recap of the first episode of Hong Gil Dong but I think I'm just gonna sleep... I'm curious to know if she was dissapointed or not. Since she judges shows rather harshly I'd say, if she's convinced ( which I doubt based on everyone's comments) then I will... Is she gonna do a recap for Robbers? Ah... I'm dying of curiosity!

Harhar! we both listen to the the same voice when it comes to kdramas... anyhooos don't you just love javabeans' intelligent perspectives...

anyway, I think javabeans wouldn't write summaries about this series since she's already rather put off by its main plot... but i do hope she does... and also i do share in your regret in having to fail to follow this drama religiously as id hope i can due to school... Mark Twain is quite right in saying "We should not let our schooling interfere with our Kdrama obsession(ooops did he say education??? oh well the former suits my predicament better... har!) , right?

bm5om and Deedlith - Thanks for reading the review. Haha I'm no dramabeans, I just like what I see... when I like what I see I tend to ramble on.

In fact, this whole drama seems to be an antithesis or a total screwover of every cliche that walked by. Scenes such as two seemingly emotionless father and son, complete antagonists on the outside, come into a bonding moment as the stoic son carries his father to bed. A young mother seemingly stern around her daughter just cries with her when she sees her throw a tantrum. In-laws who are not filled with hatred and scheme but lots of love and warmth. A gang getting ready to what seems like another shady assignment, just ends up helping their boss in his sudden "date". (Speaking of which, I have a TOTAL oldermancrush on the main boss, I squeee every time he gets on screen)

It's such a HUMAN drama. I have honestly not seen much "warmth" in Asian dramas the way it is portrayed here. I am a mama's girl as I explained in my last post, so it really touches me a lot when I see maternal elements in this. Usually maternal elements are shown in such warmth between mother and son, I hardly see mother and daughter shown this way, moreso, a mother IN LAW. A human drama would not work if there is no chemistry in the cast to make it believable, and they casted such great actors to delve into such dynamic which makes it really work. The performances have been very natural from some guy as old as 78 to a little 5 year old.

But for tonight's episode, I have to give the props to my girl, Lee Da Hae. This episode reminded me of what she really could be--- not as a celebrity with lots of CFs but as a great ACTRESS with immense depth. Not about who she's paired with. Not about how much she can make cute faces but how she can immerse herself into the role given to her. Jin Dal Rae is coming close to maybe her most challenging role to date.

imogene your review is seriously phenomenal and really in-depth... (i would have said this first but someone beat me to it) you have the makings of the next javabeans really... i loved both your reviews on the first two eps...

for the first episode i loved how you discussed that the drama is more of a character driven plot... if so (since i wouldn't know because i haven't got around to actually manage to see the eps for myself) i already would like to commed to drama... i love this whole new take on a kdrama... i loved it that instead on the sequences revealing the story the characters/characterizations are the ones that actually paves the way towards the full actualization of the story... its like an english literary(you know how famous english works flow through the characters and not entirely through plot itself such as oedipus) take on kdrama...

also, as quoted in this post i loved it how you've laid out these things... how this seemingly cliche drama breaks away from its stereotypes... and from it we have to learn that the only thing worse than cliche is actually labeling it to be before you even actually have a full grasp about it... ( how do you actually say it... in our dialect... pinangungunahan ba?) we shouldnt be quick to judge right...

awwww your comment and your positive remark on lee da hae ( it does not only make me want to watch the drama even more) but it sends tears to my eyes... (i actually feel like a proud mama for lee da hae... i know im too cheesy but what can you do right... i seriously adore the girl harhar!!!)

mily2 oooohhh i kept on laughing my richard simmons off when i read you translation post through the previous pages.... your post did help me understand some parts and it made me roll on the floor while seriously laughing hard...

purpletiger if mily2's post made me laugh hard yours teared up my eyes... awwwww i hope i can wtach this soon (since im still in the process of d/ling)

i should say even though WithS2 has suspended their release for the subs its squad members still can't help but brings smiles on our faces with their wonderful work and the labors of love!!!

SIDETRACK: and while we are in the topic... are the releases still suspended... cause i just checked the wiki and have seen some movements in the progress bar... does that mean that the releases are back? or is it just the subbing process that is still resuming?( if so then there would be multiple releases when the issue is resolved... oooohhhh man i would be in a d/l --> marathon frenzy when that happens...) anyway Thanks again WithS2 and hope the issue gets resolved soon for the subbing squad's and my sake!!! (hihi)

and as for the ratings... baaaaah i dont give a damn anymore... i actually feel sorry for the nonviewers for missing out on this great drama right... Robbers bbasyah!!

Archived