[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest silentHappiness

Hi! guyzz..

This my first time to vct this thread...

I always watch LDH's dramas/movies...

and lately I haven't vctd soompi,so I wasn't able to

know latest drama of LDH,until I bumped into

this thread.... hahaha...!! :rolleyes:

This drama is already showing in Korea,ryt....!?!?

If it is,do you know a link where I can watch it...!?!? :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! guyzz..

This my first time to vct this thread...

I always watch LDH's dramas/movies...

and lately I haven't vctd soompi,so I wasn't able to

know latest drama of LDH,until I bumped into

this thread.... hahaha...!! :rolleyes:

This drama is already showing in Korea,ryt....!?!?

If it is,do you know a link where I can watch it...!?!? :rolleyes:

live stream links and download links were provided in page 30 and in the navigation post by o-cha... :D

Guest nana585

WOW! READING ALL THE COMMENTARIES, SYNOPSIS, REVIEWS, I AM TRULY AMAZED BY ALL YOUR TALENTS! A BIG THANK YOU FOR SHARING AND MAKING EVERY SUCH POSTS AN ENJOYABLE READ!

I AM CURRENTLY DOWNLOADING AND COULDN'T WAIT TO WATCH... LUV "THANK YOU" AND BELIEVE THIS WILL BE ANOTHER GOOD DRAMA TO LOOK OUT FOR!

finally i get to watch the first epi...so far i like it !

jang hyuk seemed to be able to portray a different character from his recent drama quite smoothly

as for lee da hae...i don't know much about her acting but she's quite ok in portraying the character

still downloading epi 2....hopefully can catch up the next epi soon...

robbers...fighting !!!

Hey Guys :D

Thanks for sharing the spoiler summaries and wonderful caps! :x they help keep me on my toes while i wait for the download of the episode to finish hehe.

Honestly speaking, i'm watching robbers only because it was a LDH production. However, after watching the first episode i think its one of the best dramas that is airing this season~ I'm enjoying robbers thoroughly and I hope this drama remains as good as it started. >__< Despite the comedic nature of the drama, i'm glad the writer also gave lotsa room for the characters to develop in this show. Am looking forward to the future episodes already! haha.

And i think the opening song is really good :D thanks for sharing it~

Guest dramaok

*mic always appear when shirley having naughty thoughts of making claim for Oh Joon..

.last year mic was queue leader for Dr Min ...i thought i have a early bird chance with this *bandit * ..... kek .i cant show you my money . Oh Joon .ah .but ....i am such a good listener to your stories. you can say you are a visitor to earth and come in a UFO . i can try to believe . lol . you can't take my money .but you can have me ears and heart ! ..

hhehh then you should have oh-joon. two naughties. i'll take dr. min. err actually i am still floating on sangwoo's camp right now.. too soon after insooni... and nevermind on the resolution. there's always next year. :rolleyes:

im sad HGD wasnt as well received as it original was aniticpated..

but i hope it will turn out better..

i think it will.. but its not that bad either.. :)

im still rooting for it.. KJH <3

i agree, if they do it like Hyang Dan it will be great.

don't worry HGD is getting great reception actually. maybe not seong yuri per se, but Korean audience loves the story of Hong Gil-Dong,

and this version is already in double digits w/ ratings, which its predecessors have not been able to do for KBS for almost an entire year.

i will probably see ep. 2 sometime this wkend, but not very motivated.. the pilot was rather childish and boring for me.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2547/611ua8.jpg

From eppie 3 preview,is this table in Oh Joon's journal really what I think it is?So he's assuming that Dal Rae is either 24 or 25 years old?And is that Kim Yun Ah?The other woman or somebody else?I'm sorry I can only read a little bit Korean so I'm just doing a lot of guessing.But I sure am curious about what he's written here. :P

column 1: name

column 2: age

column 3: profession

column 4: closeness w/ him (represented by teh stars)

column 5: $$ asset situation

column 6: success rate projected

yup i think he believes Dalrae is 24 or 25, and his closeness w/ her is only 1 star, and her asset is deemed to be 3k manwon. success = 500%.

the woman listed above her is the airport money exchange girl, name is Kim Eon-Ah. the top one is Yoon Na-Yeong, a 35 year old homemaker, whom he is super close to, and she is deemed to have a lotta $$ and real estate.

Oh no...According to SEGYE, CHOSUN & SINA, AGB nationwide viewership of 8.1%, NOT 7.5%

SEGYE - 8.1%

CHOSUN - 8.1%

ya i saw that but according to 3 other sources, sportsseoul, jo-yi news, and newsen, they all have agb rating as 7.5%.

tried looking at AGB nielsen website but since it is below top 20 i couldnt' search for their data there.

스포츠서울

조이뉴스

뉴스엔

Guest ripgal

column 1: name

column 2: age

column 3: profession

column 4: closeness w/ him (represented by teh stars)

column 5: $$ asset situation

column 6: success rate projected

yup i think he believes Dalrae is 24 or 25, and his closeness w/ her is only 1 star, and her asset is deemed to be 3k manwon. success = 500%.

the woman listed above her is the airport money exchange girl, name is Kim Eon-Ah. the top one is Yoon Na-Yeong, a 35 year old homemaker, whom he is super close to, and she is deemed to have a lotta $$ and real estate.

HAHAHAHAHHA..:lol:

Gosh this made me laugh so much.. our scoundrel Oh Joon's really an organised guy huh, when it comes to his prey..:lol:

Thank you so much for the translations.. that table sure cracked me up..haha..

I can't wait for Ep 2 already..

Guest Jill4675

Many thanks to O-Cha, Shirley, Ripgal and ESPECIALLY to Imogene af...Imogene, I really love the way you write and describe things! Excellent! :)

This sounds like the PERFECT vehicle for JH and LDH...too bad about the ratings. People are clearly missing something good.

B)

Guest imogene_af

Purpletiger- Thank you very much for the very detailed translation, it strikes a chord even more reading that. They got a good writer in their hands.

Hagrid- :lol: Thanks so much for reading the reviews, and I'm glad I have another Filipino watcher in the house.

Jill- Thank you, you are very sweet. :blush:

I hope the ratings go higher than that. It's such an underrated gem, I started off watching this because my favorite actors are in it, and it's such a sigh of relief and surge of excitement to discover that I love this drama. I highly recommend it to anyone who's lurking in here, going, "hmm... I wonder what Robber is?"

Please do give it a chance. :)

Guest bm05om

the woman listed above her is the airport money exchange girl, name is Kim Eon-Ah. the top one is Yoon Na-Yeong, a 35 year old homemaker, whom he is super close to, and she is deemed to have a lotta $ and real estate.

omg.. :lol: like ripgal said,Oh Joon is one organized scoundrel..haha(gosh the sound of that makes it funnier!) So he thinks it's 500% of success with Miss Dal Rae huh?So confident..or maybe he's just trying to convince himself.*lols* thanks dramaok for the explaination. :)

I hope the ratings go higher than that. It's such an underrated gem, I started off watching this because my favorite actors are in it, and it's such a sigh of relief and surge of excitement to discover that I love this drama. I highly recommend it to anyone who's lurking in here, going, "hmm... I wonder what Robber is?"

I'd like to second that.Dear Lurkers in 'Robbers',please do give it a chance. :)

My sentiments exactly! Underrated's the term for this drama.

It turned out really good. I hope it maintains its standard!

Guest ripgal

Ahhh…I know I’m kinda late in posting mah review for EP 1..cos I only managed to watch it this morning at 3am! (shuckz…I can’t believe I did that knowing that I had to go to the library this morning…aiks..for the sake of my LDH fangirliness :lol: but the episode sure surpassed that, just like what Imogene said! )

Right, I hope ya all will bear with my long rants and babbling, cos I tend to go off-track. And also my English grammar and weird vocabs and stuff..hehehe..:P

First of all, about the storyline, flow and direction of Robbers.. I was really impressed with how each element was addressed thru out the episode. I initially thought it was going to be another cliché storyline.. and watching Ep 1 totally reversed my pre-judgments about it. The storyline’s cliché of course.. but the direction of the individual plots and storylines of all the characters in the drama kinda overshadowed that. The director managed to lay down layered characteristics in the individuals, and make it look like as if there’s a transformation in the characters, but actually, there isn’t.. because all of that’s embedded within that person. (I don’t know if you get me here…I don’t know how to explain it further..sorry). Robbers Ep 1 gave me a very refreshing and unique feeling.. something that I’ve never felt or seen before in Korean dramas. It’s like I was expecting something to happen, and BOOM comes something out of the ordinary..as if I’ve been given a surprise..

Besides the good direction, what I liked most about Ep 1 was the reversed concept of character development we normally have in dramas. It’s very different from what I’ve seen in other dramas out there.. Usually we see the storyline of a drama being driven by character development, but in this drama, nothing much was actually addressed in the episode and there was NO ACTUAL meeting at all between the leads until the very last second. That’s why I say it’s unique..it doesn’t follow the norm of drama development..

Dal Rae’s very interesting..she’s not the type of mother I’d expected to see. I had this image in my mind (before Robbers aired) that she’d be playing the self-sacrificing mother, and even tho I’d seen previews of her acting cute and bubbly, which kinda disregards the rumors about the self-sacrificing issue.. I was actually surprised when she came out. She’s a very unique character..well at least, for a mother. She’s REALLY playful, cute and spunky.. and whatmore, really straightforward! Gosh.. the part where she talked to the Grandpa really shocked me! I didn’t expect that to happen..how often do you see that in Kdramas?

About LDH’s acting, I think she actually overdid some of her expressions (but I wasn’t irritated or anything..most probably because I’m her fan)…but she’s definitely toned down a bit from MG and H!M, which I think it’s a good thing for her. One thing to note tho, I really like it when she’s serious and starts mellowing.. I really liked how she played out her sadness when she was with her mother-in-law. The sadness of having to leave the house if she re-marries..I thought it was one of the most beautiful scene of Ep 1.

The mother-daughter bond’s really beautifully portrayed. In fact, I was already smiling and giggling at the first scene of Dal Rae and her mother in the mall.. they had such good chemistry. :D And before I forge t to mention this..Kim Hye Sook! Dal Rae’s mother in law.. I seriously adore this woman. She’s like a younger version of Dal Rae herself.. really modern and spunky..and again, have you ever seen such a mother in law in Korean dramas? NO WAY! She totally destroyed the stereotypical image of a Korean mother.. so different! And usually I need some time to adapt to such a change…but Kim Hye Sook was just too lovable and adorable (it’s weird because usually I dun describe older generations as lovable or adorable) to not like her. The point I want to stress here is that the drama’s not taking the conventional path of addressing grief over death. They chose to incorporate a more positive and heartwarming element rather than to bring in all the crying and grieving stuff..

Besides the relationship between Dal Rae and her mother in law, I also love the relationship shared between Dal Rae and her daughter. I especially adored the scene of her daughter pestering her with questions.. the way she answered her daughter’s question was really cute. It’s like she knows there’d be lots more coming up, but she doesn’t regress and deals with them all. Altho there weren’t that many scenes of SoonDae, her daughter, in Ep 1.. all that had her were really adorable. The part of Dal Rae moving her backward but she ended up crawling up to the TV when mummy’s not around showed the effort utilized in addressing very minor details of life. I always had my mum screaming at me whenever I sat too near the TV, and after she’s gone, I’d revert back to the same position. Hehehehe…not really that similar, but the concept’s the same.

Next up is our scoundrel Oh Joon. Actually there isn’t much I can say about Oh Joon, cos he’s pretty much the typical scoundrel and womanizer that I’d expect to see. I love his expressions tho.. I found it really amusing when he could still pretend to sweet talk the girl working as at the money exchange counter after being beaten up and being looked at by the kkang paes. The transition was really cute, plus..it was even more cute when the gangsters actually let him do it there! Hahahhaa… The scene which I really adored was his scene with his friend Man Doo and his sister. Esp the scene at the back alley.. I loved that scene a lot, plus the music used was just so beautiful. They portray him in the beginning as a person who doesn’t really care for others, but on the other hand, we see a warm and endearing part of him when he’s with his sister. It’s not obvious, as all that came out of his mouth were screaming and scolding.. but we can see the love he has for his sister. Something must have happened between him and his sister in law or sumthing.. to the extent that her sister had to plead him to come see her. I wonder what went on..

Jin Goo! OMO..this guy’s really funny, although he’s so robotic.. he says the most logic stuff, but they make me laugh! Hahahhaha.. All his scenes with Dal Rae were absolutely hilarious.. :lol:

He told Dal Rae that he’s better off than her in all ways.. and Dal Rae was furious and asked him why. I liked his answer.. he said, he’s better because he went to uni overseas and she didn’t, and that she has a daughter and he doesn’t have any children, and not many ppl can accept a widow with a child into marriage while he could!

:lol: And that if Dal Rae wasn’t really interested in this blind date thingy, she shouldn’t have wasted his time! The funniest part tho, was the last scene when Dal Rae called him about her plight…Jin Goo’s an analytical robot I’d say..hhaha..:lol: Kim Jung Tae’s doing a great job as Jin Goo.. I can’t help but like him already

Lastly, on to the other supporting characters.. They just make me laugh even more.. The debt collector from HIT! He’s soooo adorable although he’s so big and tough.. I like it when they make gangsters really kind and having soft spots for their victims. Another reverse of the pre-conception we have of gangsters…(yeah..just like Dal Gun in Bad Family!! :P) I also love the gangster head. esp.the scene with Dal Rae’s MIL was sooo funny.

the way Dal Rae’s MIL talked to him was so vain..that it’s funny! I didn’t expect her to be so outspoken about her thoughts that he looked old and he wasn’t as good looking as before…hahaaha…cute! He was surprised..hehehehe..but still couldn’t contain his eagerness for her..hehehe…cute cute!

Overall Ep 1 was a good start..I liked it a lot than expected. :D

Have you guys heard the theme song by BAY anyway? GOSH..it's sooooo nice....

Sorry if I made you guys yawnz…

thanks dramaok ..I was grinning too when I saw the preview clip of Oh Joon's 'table of success'..that guy might be a scoundrel...but he is one with a good plan. lol.

ripgal : keep bringing the review girl... I enjoy reading how people feel about Robbers.

annchong : thanks for the rest of the HQ d/l link...I'll update the navi post with that.

I will fourth imogene, bm05om and jooo... Give Robbers a chance...you will not regret it.

SBS has updated the supporting cast page to include pics and more description. The mafia boss is there too for all of us mafia boss-MIL shippers lol.

credit: SBS Bulhandang site

cast_e4-1.jpg

cast_e5-2.jpg

cast_e6-1.jpg

cast_e9.jpg

cast_e10.jpg

I'll update the first post with this later on.

Guest imogene_af

Ripgal- Chinggu! I like what you said about how unique this drama is, think about it, they don't meet at all in the first episode until the end before the credits rolled. YES! Kim Hye Sook is a goddess! She rocks, she brings out the best in Da Hae in a lot of the scenes. This is sort of the edge that LDH has in this drama, because she's around such brilliant actors. They do have amazing chemistry as omma-daughter.

Cannot wait for your Ep.2 review.

Guest ripgal

Robber goodies

New Robbers Making - Man Doo/ Oh Joon & Sister scene

Streaming: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lkbMKyGpTYM/

Dowload: http://www.fs2you.com/zh-cn/files/9a9d4763...3-00142218fc6e/

Director's Take on Robbers

(I think it's another version of the dancing clip)

Download: http://www.fs2you.com/zh-cn/files/ff5b6847...b-00142218fc6e/

Streaming: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Khu_OdduKn0/

credits: baidu

ripgal : thanks for posting the links. I know you'll come through..hehehe. I saw that there were new clips on SBS but haven't had the time to see it yet. I'm enjoying your 1st episode review. Can't wait to read your take on the second episode.

Archived