Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

they're remaking alomst all the final fantasy games don't you think?

FFIIIDS is probably the first full blown remake. The other "remakes" were either the same exact game with some crappy FMV scenes, or with some slight graphics touch up. FF Origins and FFIII for the Wonderswan had major redrawn sprites, but still had the same exact lay out and format as the original.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Fantasy- US: Was my first and I thought it was rediculously hard when I played it a long time ago.

FFII- (FF4JP) : Good storyline, the first FF to get me really into the whole thing. I like how I recognize stuff from these older FF's in the newer ones. Such as espers being brought back in FFXII and how the magus sisters were in FFX.

FFIII- (FF6JP): Best FF I've played. The characters were badass, Kefka was the most evil badguy ever haha. For those that have played it you know why.

FFV: was pretty good but I didn't really like the old style FF's where you switched classes.

FFVII: Awesome story, good character profiles, more mature theme and nice setting.

FFVIII: I never really got into this one as much but did end up beating it. I thought it was ok, didn't really like the card game and the way they had the magic system (draw) set up.

FFIX: It was fun but I didn't like how the characters were. With steiner being some clumsy retard it just seemed like it was targeted to a more younger audience. Vivi was cool though ;), Squaresoft sent me some Vivi doll a long time ago.. that was pretty cool and the storyline wasn't that bad.

FFX: It was ok, I do not like the voices, I wish there was a japanese voice option and the whole Aeon thing wasn't that appealing. The ending was pretty good too, I didn't like the whole singing Yuna though.

FFX-2: Battle system was cool, I liked that alot. Storyline wasn't that good the standard ending also sucked. Good thing I got all three but still this game was a waste of time.

FFXII: Played the demo so far. As far as the storyline looks, I think it's going to be badass. Almost like FF6, funny as FFXII has "espers" and its based more in the old medevil times with future technology. The battle system will probably take more time to get used to but it overall it the game looks promising.

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

This may not be true for all players, but I found FFXI to be extremely boring. My brothers play it all the time but I couldn't get myself into it at all. It could just be because I got bored of MMORPG styled games. I also wasn't digging the slow fighting. It's different when it's an RPG where characters take turns versus an MMORPG where characters have to wait for a certain amount of time before fighting.

Did that make sense? Ahaha, I'm confusing myself. But that's my biased 2 cents.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

^when is FFXII coming out? and its for ps2 right?

oh yeah it comes out in 2006 caz they delayed it again! it's for the ps2! ^^

Guest Born: 1985

I am playing FFVII rite now and so far it is pretty good. After that I'm planing to play FFVIII. FFX and FFX-2 is so great! I'm still looking for someone who can lend me Final Fantasy Advent Children. But I can't find ANYONE yet!

Guest pinkle2525

sorri i dont kno much about final fantasy..but isint there a movie...i didnt get it realli cause i didnt kno much of the story...do u have to play the games to kno it?are there any other movies?

Guest Nightmare

Last Order is just a short anime about the whole Nibelheim fiasco. Trust me, you won't even understand the anime, too, if didn't play the game.

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

Hm... I've been wondering... why was Zack shot on the truck instead of the cliff in "Last Order"? Or do I need to play the game again? :blink:

Guest Nightmare

I don't believe he die getting shot in the truck in the anime. They just ended that way, because we all should know what happened afterward. I mean, Zacky boy can dodge bullets before. So Zacky boy can survive long enough to the cliff near by Midgar.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RYUUSEi

ALRIGHT ... so I've started over with Final Fantasy VII for my 921654684984th time.

Ahem.

But this time, I talked to one of the shopkeepers in the Wall Market, I think materia?, and he gave me a quest. My brother mentioned something about going into the Honeybee Inn & stuff to fulfill it. I've never done that o ___ o Probably, a) I didn't notice b) too lazy to check it out.

So, how DO you get in there? It has something to do with having to be the girl at the current state, right ... ? What do you get out of it? Is it worth the trouble? <_<

And does anybody have the release date for Final Fantasy XII? :sweatingbullets:

So what party do you guys usually have in ff7? My main party is Cloud, obviously <_<, Tifa/Yuffie & Red/Vincent. I wish I could throw Cloud out ... TT.,TT The only reason why he's good is because of his kick-richard simmons limitbreaks ... well, I guess that is reason enough -_-; Nevermind me.

Archived