Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got around to playing FFIX... What I find sad is that hardly anyone has mentioned Final Fantasy Tactics. Which clearly one of the most superior Final Fantasy games... I for one, think its the best PS1 Final Fantasy game...

Guest cherries

I've played FFVIII,FFVIIII,FFX and FFX-2..all of them were pretty good..Although most of all..I liked FFVIII...the older ones were a little better for some odd reason.. :P

Guest Take Five

I never got around to playing FFIX... What I find sad is that hardly anyone has mentioned Final Fantasy Tactics. Which clearly one of the most superior Final Fantasy games... I for one, think its the best PS1 Final Fantasy game...

it seemed good but i just suck at strategy games so i didn't play it lol =X

Guest herovueboi

Damn for a second I forgot about FF tactics, I think the game was easy as long as you had a monk on your team. LOL, monks rocked as well as Cloud Strife. Cloud is an awesome charater in there too, his ominslash in there doesn' tlook as good as FF7 but it sure does the damage.

Damn for a second I forgot about FF tactics, I think the game was easy as long as you had a monk on your team. LOL, monks rocked as well as Cloud Strife. Cloud is an awesome charater in there too, his ominslash in there doesn' tlook as good as FF7 but it sure does the damage.

too bad he came pretty much near the end of the game :(

Getting Orlandu in FFT is like getting Knights of the round in FF7.. turns the game to super easy :P

Monks made the game ridiculously easy... They have such insane attack and abilities... Has anyone ever fought a group of all monks at Grog Hill? I got killed so fast...

And yeah Orlandu just made the game ridiculously easy... like whoa...

Guest Nightmare

I haven't had the chance to play FF Tactics... At the time, the genre didn't interest me. However, I did played FF Tactics Advance, but I never got the chance to finish it. I think I was at the last boss, too.

I hated that Law crap...It got more complicated as you progress. The funny thing about it is that I didn't know how to re-check the Laws and nullify a Law until at the very end of the game. I just manipulated it by traveling and resetting...

I haven't had the chance to play FF Tactics... At the time, the genre didn't interest me. However, I did played FF Tactics Advance, but I never got the chance to finish it. I think I was at the last boss, too.

I hated that Law crap...It got more complicated as you progress. The funny thing about it is that I didn't know how to re-check the Laws and nullify a Law until at the very end of the game. I just manipulated it by traveling and resetting...

Well that annoying law thing is in the OG FFT... haha

Guest Evil_Monkey666

Agreed this game is kinda crappy seriously...I've noticed that the most hated part about this game is the combat mechanics. I really don't get this. FF7 had horrible combat too, but everyone loves it.

Really, FF7 was like the DMC2 of RPGs. You could go through the main story of the game without ever using magic if you didn't feel like it.

All the characters were exactly the same save the limits.

I believe elemental weaknesses were present, but never necesary to take advantage of.

The depth of the original game's materia system is about equal to the gin customization in this game.

Both titles had 100 percent customizeable controls.

If this were a stand alone game the hate would be understandable...

Guest Cor Leonis

I not only beat Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS, but I mastered it. While I was playing the game, I found a neat trick by accident. Duplicating weapons and turning Ramza into a Dark Knight. The easiest boss in Tactics is Gregarion (sp?). Before he betrayed the crew, I stripped him of everything he owned, hahaha!

I don't know what it is, but the majority of the endings to most of the videogames out there sucks! I was very disappointed with the ending to Final Fantasy Tactics as well as Final Fantasy VII's ending. Oh, speaking of Final Fantasy VII, my brother beat Ruby weapon by default. Ruby was unable to cast magic attacks because the fool ran out of mp which ticked me off because I had to beat Ruby the hard way.

I can't wait to start a videogame company of my own one day.

I not only beat Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS, but I mastered it. While I was playing the game, I found a neat trick by accident. Duplicating weapons and turning Ramza into a Dark Knight. The easiest boss in Tactics is Gregarion (sp?). Before he betrayed the crew, I stripped him of everything he owned, hahaha!

I don't know what it is, but the majority of the endings to most of the videogames out there sucks! I was very disappointed with the ending to Final Fantasy Tactics as well as Final Fantasy VII's ending. Oh, speaking of Final Fantasy VII, my brother beat Ruby weapon by default. Ruby was unable to cast magic attacks because the fool ran out of mp which ticked me off because I had to beat Ruby the hard way.

what endings then did you like? :blink:

And how did you turn Ramza into a Dark Knight? I hate that Gafgarion, but I hate Algus more... Rather than leave him unequipped, I humiliate the guy by just giving him a leather hat...

Guest Cor Leonis

what endings then did you like? :blink:

The Best Final Fantasy Ending reward goes to... Final Fantasy VIII

It is one of the few endings in videogame history to ever satisfy the gamer as much as it did.

I haven't played Tactics since I mastered it when it first came out. When I say 'mastered,' I mean mastered. All the secret/hidden weapons and armors have been found from the Secret Dungeon, all hidden characters found, and all side-quests completed. The best part about it? I kicked the hell out of the last boss. My final fight included four ultimate weapons, the Ragnarok, Excalibur, Save the Queen, and the Materia blade used by Cloud. I wish they made cloud a stronger character. The class system in Tactics is superb, the best!

I'd share with you my save, but I don't have the thing to upload saves from my memory card to the net. Anyone know where I can find it?

I try to master the game before I conclude the game. The only Final Fantasy game that I did not completely master is Final Fantasy IX with the second Excalibur blade. I still have yet to master FFX because of school and work. I wanna face the strongest of the strong. Nemesis.

Edit:

@ Range

Wow, I almost forgot about 6/4. I enjoyed beating the hell out of Kefka that bastard. Muahagahaha; he has one of the most annoying laughs in the series, or is it the fat general in VII that did. I don't know, they're both annoying.

Archived