Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

Ki Woong tweeted! 
"Radiohead 곡들중 Creep이나 No surprises다들 좋아하시죠? 저도 정말 좋아해요^ ^ 하지만 오늘은 Exit music과 Nude 추천합니다. 비도오고, 막방이 다가오니 감성적이 되네요. 하지만순리대로. 슬프지만 소중한시간들이랍니다."
"You guys like Radiohead's Creep and No Surprises right? Me too ^^ But today, my recommendations are Exit Music and Nude. It's raining outside the room. I'm feeling emotional as the end approaches but please let it go on smoothly. It's sad but time is precious."

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you @Mojobobo for his twit trans...:-bd since I dont know korean , I was copying it on google trans and you know, it's confusing LOL I hope you may trans his next tweets...

I love his taste on music, I see him love indies and global music more. He recommends all the music he listens. nice. :!!

That show on Mnet which also featuring Kiwoong's childhood and family photos, I've been wondering what's exactly the name of the show...it's quite unfamiliar. I saw a foreign girl (Japanese) wrote a letter to him and he read it. it seemed a very touching letter.

I saw some PKW/Shunji fan-edited version from Gaksital Book ~ I'll def buy the book!!
f510bc6c.jpg
c95a01ec.jpg
Kiwoong looks cute as sweetie Teacher Shunji and totally scary (sexy+hot) as Jap Officer Shunji. lol ~ sorry cant help myslef ~*blush*:x

@Irish_law, I don't know much Korean too but I'll try lol!
Yes, Ki Woong seems to like indie music more...maybe it's because he was in a Andong band and they probably did a lot of indie stuff. He seems very whimsical and gentle at the same time. I remember he once said that one thing he would never do is to cause pain to others. goodness knows how much hes struggling with Shunji right now. 
Here are the links to 2 interviews translated by dramabeans!
http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/07/park-ki-woong-scores-a-timely-hit/ http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/04/park-ki-woong-moved-to-tears-at-acting-praise/
I hope Ki Woong gets more attention. He needs to be in a drama where he's the hero and gets the girl!!!!!

@Irish_law: Thanks for the pic... LOVE IT! <3Hope He will pick up another awsome roles.... Love his acting as Shunji, It's soooo mezmering!
@mojobobo: I know what PKW's mean... But I think he need doing this kind of role that challenge his acting skill. He is too talent to waste his acting  skill in drama like full house 2. I will abit dissapoint if after that he will choose another easy role in a row. It's okay to choose easy role just as a break from Heavy roles. Actor need to do that. But He is so talent that i hope he will choose another awsome roles like SHunji, never mind if he will again acted as 2nd lead. SOme writers has a weird habit anyways, they're sometimes create a 2nd lead roles more complex and awsome. Can You Hear My Heart and Gaksital  for example. Shunji's character really is hard to potrayed. Especially in a longgg drama like Gaksital. So I feel his frustation. I admit Shunji's character is too violent, that sometimes I can't stand watching it. I keep hoping writers and PD turn down the violent part and make it less violent. IMO even the themes required to do that,  still dissapoint with the writers makes Shunji's character is too violent. There is no need to do that to make a villain look bad so everyone easily rooting for the hero. Since I believe everyone will easily rooting for Kang To even without making Shunji a violent character.  But overall, I loveeee Shunji as a character study.  My point is, I hope he will challenge his acting again. Character wise, Shunji Kimura is complex and awsome. I hate and loathe Shunji as person, but I love Shunji as a drama character, I keep coming back watching Gaksital because of this character, and love the way PKW acted as SHunji. This kind of character can makes a character study.  

@mojobobo thank you for the articles, wow he was in an indie band!!! me love him even more ~~~I have a soft spot for someone in a band LOL~~ no wonder his voice is nice here :http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs21pe_the-musical-2011-eun-bi-yoo-jin-sings-this-is-the-moment_shortfilms *cant stop clicking replay button*I'm watching him in The Musical right now (still in ep.8) while waiting Bridal Mask finale. He did different approach, different gesture in playing Yoo Jin. Though Yoo Jin is nice but it's still different to his nice Shunji...I must say that he did amazing job.^^
@ccandrea The character is indeed hard to potray. Yes, the violent parts are also too much as I believe from the beginning that Shunji is a teacher. I also think the writers wanted to make huge difference between the hero and villain just like the other action movie/drama. thanks to Kiwoong,he is doing marvelous work at being both the harsh and slight humane Shunji. That makes me interested to his character more.

I actually want to see Ki Woong in Full House 2 because he sings and dances! Haha I know it's frivolous as compared to his more serious roles but it was a nice break for him to do something fun. And Ki Woong is the type of actor that does well even if the script is crappy so I have confidence in him! 

@Irish_law: that's the only part that bothered me so much from Shunji's character, IMO the violent part were overly done. I know, they need to show it, but I think it's abit too much! Other than that, I'm okay with the way they write Shunji. 
@mojobobo: I know some actor can excecuted his roles even when they are given a crappy script. But A great actor can't carried the show alone all the time to make a crappy show bearable to watch. What I mean about an easy role is when the actor need to do to excel the roles is just showing 2-3 expression and nothing else, LOL... If so, there is nothing much an actor can shown. Usually it happened for a 2nd male lead character in a lightheart drama, because the writers used to write them as one dimensional character. Just like Katsuyama roles in Gaksital for example, I just keep feeling bad for the actor, have to showing emotionless expression all the time.. 

God, he is really skinyI think potraying  Shunji's character is very exhausting indeed Anyway I have made an MV for Bridal Mask, off course for SHunji's characterI haven't seen final episode, I don't want to be spoiled haha 
hope u will like it

@mojobobo I guess it's "Night After Night" coz he looked young there (

)Poor Kiwoong, he got stiches and looked really skinny in Gaksital, I was kinda shock seeing the video. I hope he will take some rest before heading to the new project.YES! I watched his Happy Together with Neverending Story cast (havent watch that movie yet). He did his famous dance LOL. Too bad, he didnt have much screen time.
@ccandrea awesome video, darl! I hardly found Shunji video on youtube, I'm glad you made one.^^Part of me still sad thinking of Shunji (ep.28), part of me take this as perfect ending for Shunji character. I was in tears. I'm going to miss PKW's Shunji. One of the most disturbing-villain character ever in kdrama. 
I really need to watch Full House 2 to see him dancing and singing, he's such a fearless actor....october please come asap!!427536_272023199565950_1214324579_n.jpg
539279_278119485622988_780801159_n.jpg
image.jpgcr. Full House 2 FB (perfect slap after seeing his Shunji lol)

tumblr_m0an0oAQh91qfaa5ko1_400.pngOMG Kiwoong kissed Minwoo!! ahh certain Idols do that on stage lol ~ but still...SPEECHLESS! LOL (pic. credit as tagged). Well If only Shunji and Kangto did this,too LOLOL *pardon me for making my own FF* :D

some FH 2 BTS ~ Kiwoong (in case you have not seen them)

I just found this pic~~~ oh my...cute and gorgeous face  :x it's 2009 photoshoot when he did Story of A Man (my next watch list!)viewimage-141.jpgcr. 10asia
@mojobobo oh I thought it was from Night After Night. hhm Immature boyfriend, so I guess the girl is a noona? lol 
I hope someone will translate this soon....

@Irish_law haha YES noona! He's pretty good in Story of a Man!!! I hope he wins some prizes this year. He's been in this industry for 10 years but he's still relatively unknown :( 
I know he appeared in Yashimanman back in 2007. Does anyone have the youtube link to that? He was so young and cute there. 
They were talking about being inexperienced in love and he said that there was once, he asked his girlfriend if he could kiss her and she said yes. Then he was unsure of whether to close his eyes or not but he thought it was romantic to do so and so he close but he ended up kissing the top of her upper lip LOL. Then because he didn't want to seem totally inexperience, he "very naturally" slid down towards her lips proper hahaha what a dork. So it ended up as a somple kiss instead of a french kiss keke
He also shared that as a child, his family was very well of. He even remembered counting money as a kid because they had so much money in the house. The the 1997 financial criss hit them really hard and his dad even had to sell off his favour camera. So he said that the time when he felt he had to earn a lot of money was when he first started out in this industry, his parents didn't want him to be upset so they used all the money they had to buy him nice clothes. So he, his mum and his mum's friend went shopping. The friend went into a luxury brand shop and as buying things rather freely and he saw his mother looking at a hairclip but he didnt want her to feel upset so he pretended not to see. The his mum told her friend she would go to another store to buy clothes for him and herself and she bought a very expensive jacket for him and went to the sales rack in the store and tried on a winter jacket, The button were even falling off but the store assistant said that the clothes on that rack cannot be tried. He felt really really bad then and helpless too and his mum's friend also saw this scene and bought a jacket for his mum instead. He said the funny thing was that in the past when they had a lot of money, his parents quarrelled constantly. But after that, he, his younger brother and his parents are all very close now. He said he sometimes helps his mum deliver flowers because she has a flower shop and sometimes people recognise him and he's happy. What a sweet boy ^^

@mojobobo thanks for sharing his story. aw what an experience he had back days ...I can tell he's such a sweet mommy's boy by looking at him. Love to hear that he's still helping his parents. ^^  :-bdhaha that Happy Together pic, thanks! ahh how I wish KBS Happy Together would invite Gaksital cast!!! I bet MC Jaesuk will ask him to do that hillarious dance again! LOL
I dont have the clip, but saw this from DC, are you talking about one of these shows?2007showpkw.jpgcr. caps from Kiwoong DC

Uri Dorky Prince in Gaksital BTS hehereal19_03.jpgcr. KBS Gaksital
anyway, he updated his twitter again today슌지야. 억지로 벗어나려하지 않을께. 가득차있는 니가 자연스럽게 희석되겠지. 모든것은 순리대로.I guess (from google trans) he's still trying to get Shunji out? lol *fail 

Archived