Does Anybody Have Double Eyelids That Formed Later?

Guest lolimois

Guest monicahhhx

you guys are so lucky haha

sadly my double eyelids didnt come naturally but from the double eyelid stickers

i think its becuase i wore them so much they just kinda stayed there lol

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest monicahhhx

you guys are so lucky haha

sadly my double eyelids didnt come naturally but from the double eyelid stickers

i think its becuase i wore them so much they just kinda stayed there lol

Guest sujungx3

my mom has really pretty eyes.... they are like sparkling... HAHA

my dad on the other side has droopy single eyelids.....

I happened to get half.... mine is like an inner folded double eyelid? (can't explain) but my eyelids are wierd.... sometimes one of them are single sometimes double... sometimes all single and somtimes all double..

ehh.. i can't predict when im getting singles either so it's reallly nothering meee.... i've had this ever since i was born

Guest sooziezoo

i had NO double eyelids at all when i was a baby (well, according to baby pictures). tiny ones started developing when i was a toddler, and over the years, they got bigger and bigger. i was told that gravity did it or something. like, the fat in my eyelids slowwwwwwly sunk down towards my eyelashes, giving me a bigger and bigger fatty area at the bottom, creating a bigger crease. it kinda makes sense to me but i'm not sure if it's true.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Janezzz

I was born without double eyelids but as i got older(around 3 and 4) I would wake up with double eyelids at times. I have double eyelids now but they can be tempermental. For example, if a cry to sleep, or do not get enough sleep I will wake up without them.

Guest VVIP-VIP

I was born with single eyelids. My dad has small eyes and single eyelids, whereas my mum has inner double eyelids (they are pretty thick actually but the fold is concealed by the upper eyelid fat).  
My left eye's double eyelid came out when I was 12, I remember even trying to use my finger to unfold the crease as it looked weird overall (haha), and then my right eye's one came out at 15 or 16. But my right eye's double eyelid is much weaker than my left eye's and can disappear when I cry too much or do not sleep enough.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aurorelle

My mum was born with single eyelids and it became double eyelids when she gets older. This is because the eyes start to loose its elasticity and sag a little. I am somewhere in the middle, my double eyelids are visible sometime and sometime not. 
My brother he has double eyelids and my dad too. Talk about lucky men in the house. But they kind of prefer to have monolids.

Guest stylebubble

my mother and father both have parallel double eyelids. my brother had single eyelids when he was born and then he got tapered double eyelids. i've always had tapered double eyelids, but now my left eye is parallel and my right is tapered, unevenness...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest petrine

yeah, my mum told me i had single eyelids when i was younger, and one day i just started having double eyelids. 

• 3 years later...

Old post. But I thought my other post about my double eye lid forming later was more relevant here and its amusing to find out that there are quite a few people like me :)

Photos of my double eyelid that formed later. No surgery promise :P

jqrjpw.jpg

s2uwox.jpg

• 1 month later...

My father, and my grandmother (my dad's side), are both like that too. They didn't have it growing up, but got it around 17/18.. 

My brother and mine didn't happen as naturally like that -_-. I already (we both) had one eye with double eyelid, and one eye without. But around 20/21 years old my left eye started forming a line.... But it doesn't grow like.. thick suddenly. its like this tiny tiny tiny line that at some point tips and then creates another deeper line and then flips back out again

-_-

But when i am tired, my left eye reverts back to single eyelids and I lookreally stupid lol <_>

I dunno.. it doesn't look as nice as the ones when peolpe get surgery though. 

• 1 year later...

Yes it's possible!! I frequently did cosplaying probably three/four ago, and I ended up getting double eyelids naturally through wearing contacts and false lashes. I think false lashes push your eyelid up and tend to force a double eyelid. I've had my double eyelids for almost two years now. My mum had natural double eyelids and my dad has monolids, so I was born with monolids. My double eyelids oddly ended up being symmetrical and parallel, you can see them in my profile picture

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/27/2007 at 8:38 PM, Guest lolimois said:

It is possible to get double eyelids even if your a mono lid without surgery. 

My dad used to have very sharp monolids but during his early uni years he got double eyelids. My dad was a straight forward prodigy in academics and all he did was study and exercise, not only this but my grandpa happened to a military commander so he grew up in a very strict environment.  Because of this he had absolutely no humor and he never smiled apparently. But he began to smile and laugh a lot after he met some humorous friends. Right now he has the biggest eyes in my family, and my bro and mom all have double eyelids. The only one who doesn't is me. I used to have double eyelids as a child, and I was a really happy kid, but after my 1st year in preschool, I began to stop smiling. My dad and mom have been telling me to smile and laugh as often as I can and for over the last 10 years I've ignored this (I'm in high school right now). I've never found anything to be funny, but in the last year I've been smiling and laughing by force. I've began to see some change in my eyes, first they're growing larger and forming the shape of a double eyelid, kind of like the shape of my dads. I guess it is about genetics, but even if you do have double eyelids whether they actually show is based a lot on facial muscles, so make sure you laugh and smile :)

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2019 at 4:47 PM, Angela He said:

thats nice... i have one double and one mono and its not great

Did you recently get it?  I sometimes would get that, too, when my eyes get itchy and I am not careful when rubbing my right eye.  But sometimes I am able to fix it by using that eyelid tool that comes with double eyelid tape and tracing over where the double eyelid should be.  I'd do about 20-30 traces in the morning.  Maybe that will help you, too?

Archived