Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

Guest motherducker

Rip Tide said: Girls how do I eat around you? I feel nervous and I don't know if I'm a messy eater or not! What do you like a guy to do around dinner? Talk?

When a guy confesses his feelings for you and you wish to put him down nicely, you probably say something similar to the following:

"You're a really nice sweet guy but I just don't have the same feelings for you. I'm sure you'll meet someone great one day and hopefully soon."

I'm sure you've all had to reject a nice guy and maybe even someone you cared for at one point in your life. Now my question is, when you let him down gently, do you actually mean what you said?

The hard part for me to understand is. If you don't think he's good enough for you or you're not attracted to him, what makes you think other girls will find him attractive? Would you recommend him to one of your girlfriends? It's kinda like if you went to a restaurant and the food was bad, would you recommend your friends to go there?

@livingforhistory

Your post has been moved, though you may be confused to why your post is here.
When directing your questions exclusively towards males or females, please use the "Ask the Fellas" or "Ask the Ladies" topics.

Guest [ knockOUT ]

livingforhistory said: When a guy confesses his feelings for you and you wish to put him down nicely, you probably say something similar to the following:

"You're a really nice sweet guy but I just don't have the same feelings for you. I'm sure you'll meet someone great one day and hopefully soon."

I'm sure you've all had to reject a nice guy and maybe even someone you cared for at one point in your life. Now my question is, when you let him down gently, do you actually mean what you said?

The hard part for me to understand is. If you don't think he's good enough for you or you're not attracted to him, what makes you think other girls will find him attractive? Would you recommend him to one of your girlfriends? It's kinda like if you went to a restaurant and the food was bad, would you recommend your friends to go there?

[ knockOUT ] said: Just because I don't find that restaurant's food appealing , doesn't mean someone else won't. Like what if I just didn't like the type of cuisine that was served there? I'm sure someone else out there probably LOVES that sort of food and would rate that restaurant an A+, where I would rate it a C.
Haha what I'm trying to say is, yes there will be other people out there that would find that guy appealing, even if I don't. I look for certain traits in a guy, and so do other people with other lists in their mind. Just because you're "nice" doesn't mean you are checking off all the boxes that I'm looking for, but you may meet someone else's checkbox. So when girls say, "Oh I'm sure you'll find someone out there perfect for you" etc etc., it's partly truth and partly just a way to not hurt your feelings so much because we see that you're a sweet guy, but it's just unfortunate that we didn't mash up right.

Guest johnpatric

Girls how you feel when you see a smart and cool guy.. I mean to say what kind of thought generate in your mind..??

Guest Rekidai

livingforhistory said: When a guy confesses his feelings for you and you wish to put him down nicely, you probably say something similar to the following:

Guest BlancCrayola

livingforhistory said:
[ knockOUT ] said: Just because I don't find that restaurant's food appealing , doesn't mean someone else won't. Like what if I just didn't like the type of cuisine that was served there? I'm sure someone else out there probably LOVES that sort of food and would rate that restaurant an A+, where I would rate it a C.
Haha what I'm trying to say is, yes there will be other people out there that would find that guy appealing, even if I don't. I look for certain traits in a guy, and so do other people with other lists in their mind. Just because you're "nice" doesn't mean you are checking off all the boxes that I'm looking for, but you may meet someone else's checkbox. So when girls say, "Oh I'm sure you'll find someone out there perfect for you" etc etc., it's partly truth and partly just a way to not hurt your feelings so much because we see that you're a sweet guy, but it's just unfortunate that we didn't mash up right.

Guest motherducker

@TRaNz
Good question. I'm pretty bad at maintaining friendships, regardless of how close we were once before. So if I stop initiating contact with someone, it can pretty much stop from there. Although I wouldn't completely say that they're cut out from my life as in this day and age, there's always ways of communicating with someone via social media and more convenient phone plans, so there are possibly small form of communications here and there.