Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

^Don't take the bait, man. Don't do it!
@NPB-XK Sounds like a mystery for all people. People seem to come out of nowhere when you're preoccupied! 
@speedredefinedI haven't done it, and strangely enough, I know of people who've done it, but I've never had someone tell me about it personally. But there are people close to me who talk about being cheated on by serious partners at length. I think it haunts people for the rest of their life, and their future relationships are affected by those experiences. Which sucks. Because it just sets them up to feel cautious and experience the same feelings again.
I'm not old enough to have many friends who were married/engaged/serious and cheated so I can't give that insight. But I remember it happening in high school simply because people were immature and not sure what they wanted. 
From other stories I've heard, it was because needs weren't being met. The relationship became less rewarding. And there was something else that got their attention.
Here's where my psych classes start coming in handy, lol...
Each person has a different personal comparison level when it comes to expecting what we deserve in a relationship. Ideally, you want your current outcomes to exceed your comparison levels.
There are three parts to look at: past, present, and future. You compare your current (present) relationship to both past relationships and future relationship alternatives (whether it be someone else you can be with in the future, or if it's your career that you want to commit to in the future). Here's how it breaks down. Pretend each item is listed on a continuum.
Situation 1

• Current Outcome (current relationship) exceeds
  • Comparison Level 1 (past relationships) as well as
  • Comparison Level Alternative (better opportunities around you that could cause you to decide to leave the relationship)
Result: Your needs are being met and you are happy. You stay with the person. The relationship is stable. 
Situation 2
  • CL 1 exceeds
  • Current Outcomes
  • but CL Alt does not exceed current outcomes
Result: You are unhappy because you've had better, but you decide to stay because you don't have any better alternatives. The relationship is stable for the meantime. It's unlikely you'll leave or cheat if you don't have better alternatives. (BTW, past partners can become alternatives too if the chance ever comes back.)
Situation 3
  • CL Alt exceeds
  • Current outcomes, but
  • CL 1 does not exceed current outcomes. 
Result: Your current relationship is doing better than your past relationships, so you're happy. But now you have better alternatives too. Basically, you're happy. But when the chance comes and you can do better, it's possible you'll take that chance. The relationship, then, is unstable. There's a possibility you'll cheat or leave for something "better."
Situation 4
  • CL Alt and 
  • CL1 both exceed
  • Current Outcomes.
Result: You are unhappy. The relationship is unstable. You know you can do better because you've had better and you can have better. So it's very likely you'll leave or in some cases, cheat.

So this is a more scientific way of looking at relationships and satisfaction. I believe at the end of the day, we're all human and a little selfish. It's all about how satisfied we are. It's not justified to cheat, but there are reasons people cheat, and it doesn't just stem solely from personality or habit. It's everything: you, your partner, the compatibility, and the environment surrounding you two. 
Hope this helped. 

@MrPower

I would rather go out and earn the money while my husband takes care of the kids at home. Although, I have to say that in a perfect world, I would like us to alternate in taking care of the kids and bringing home the money. In real life, I don't want children and I want my future husband and I to be passionate for our jobs.
To answer your question directly, stay-at-home dads are admirable people. People still have the mindset that men should be the one with jobs and women should take care of kids. Stay-at-home dads definitely doesn't care about what other people might think of them. That is so cool in my book.

Guest flyhighbich

this is going to seem like a basic question and stupid but i'll ask anyways
My philosophy is:" a girl whether likes you or not"the so called "game" doesn't matter if she has no interest in you whatsoever
True or False? I'd like to hear some opinions
I mean I'm sure a guy can win a girl's heart if he's always around her, emotional attachment etc..but I'm talking about like on a stranger basis where you don't know each other and probably will never see each other so she has to "tango" as well to make things happen
despite you getting the digits, she could ignore you, ditch you on the first date etc...it all depends on the interest level on the girl no???? I don't got time to waste and this isn't high school where I can show how i've changed or show how "Alpha" I am etc..

Guest pasdechat

flyhighbich said: this is going to seem like a basic question and stupid but i'll ask anyways
My philosophy is:" a girl whether likes you or not"the so called "game" doesn't matter if she has no interest in you whatsoever
True or False? I'd like to hear some opinions
I mean I'm sure a guy can win a girl's heart if he's always around her, emotional attachment etc..but I'm talking about like on a stranger basis where you don't know each other and probably will never see each other so she has to "tango" as well to make things happen
despite you getting the digits, she could ignore you, ditch you on the first date etc...it all depends on the interest level on the girl no???? I don't got time to waste and this isn't high school where I can show how i've changed or show how "Alpha" I am etc..

writerstale said:@MrPower: If you don't mind me asking what's your motivation/reasoning for asking that?
@writerstale

It's a thought I've been entertaining recently. I personally do not have anything against it, but I was just hoping for some sort of insight I may have missed.

Guest flyhighbich

@pasdechat LOL wtf why won't this notify you. Thank you for your honest answer!
that's what I thought b/c my guy friends or even on youtube on picking up girls. They always pick up girls numbers which shows courage etc..and some girls do give out their numbers but it doesn't mean that they'll reply back and if they do. It may lead to a dead convo or just be ignored. I know it sounds like I'm talking crap about them but right now I'm just like........."it's whether you like me or you don't!!!!" and yes sometimes the guy can come off creepy etc..stalkerish..blah blah but that's another subject matter---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Another question!
*What if i see a cute girl in public at the mall, store, gym etc..and the girl doesn't even give you eye contact! or shows no interest whatsoever...waste of time or not??? and what about the club?!?!
 I was thinking if she was at least interested she'd look me in the eye so therefore I could at least smile or something?
- I know I also don't show interest or give ppl much eye contact even if I like the person if they are a stranger but I'm weird....
- Please don't just say "go for it" or "just talk to her". not trying to sound like a richard simmons but I'm just trying to figure the mind of a female -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Again basic richard simmons but I just realize that if a girl shows good body language at the club. I usually get to dance/talk w/ her and Ta Da!!! on the way to step 1 or 2! 
I'm not trying to avoid rejection but it's kind of like....if a girl is interested in me and we talk. She'll think I'm funny etc..and BAM! All of a sudden, all the guys I know think I have "GAME"....I hate that word BUT from experience even if I make the girl that isn't interested in me much laugh...no matter what I have to keep the convo going and then it just becomes pointless whether I get the number/date or not....
It's kind of like a relationship..no? damn I'm thinking too much but I like diff opinions and perspectives :) and it's 4 AM :o!!!!!
I know I also don't show interest or give ppl much eye contact even if I like the person if they are a stranger but I'm weird....

Just wanna get a little more insight into the psyche of a female's mind.
Qn 1. In this scenario, theres two equally attractive guys in terms of appearance, lets call them guy A and guy B but character wise guy A is more sociable while guy B is more focused in his work(maybe seen as aloof). So guy A was in the room with a girl whom is a stranger and they were sitting on different tables opposite facing each other(only 2 of them in the room), well we could say they were supposed to be studying. The lady was checking guy A out constantly

So another exact situation happened and this time it was guy B but the lady was avoiding eye contact. What would make a girl behave in a way she behaved in the above scenarios?
Lets assume that both guy A and guy B have no problem getting any chicks they wanted without much effort.
sorry for the vague info
QN2
Lets say the above 2 guys: guy A and guy B are friends and theres this attractive chick who knows she have no problem sweeping these 2 guys off their feet. From a female's perspective would you care about the friendship between the two guys or would you think " argh let these two guys battle it out for me"? Please be as honest as you could be lol.
Thanks and responses would be appreciated.

Guest taija

@riptide just enjoy your food but dont eat so slowly that it dries out or so fast that you could win an eating contest. swallow your food before talking and dont pinch at your partners plate unless they offer and even then dont over do it. try eat at your partners pace and if you think that your chewing is too loud then it is. dont be too messy like theres nothing wrong with getting sauce or crumbs on your lips and the side of your mouth but food shouldnt end up on your clothes.