Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

suju_lovee said: @TRaNz
Good question. I'm pretty bad at maintaining friendships, regardless of how close we were once before. So if I stop initiating contact with someone, it can pretty much stop from there. Although I wouldn't completely say that they're cut out from my life as in this day and age, there's always ways of communicating with someone via social media and more convenient phone plans, so there are possibly small form of communications here and there.

Guest writerstale

suju_lovee said: @TRaNz
Good question. I'm pretty bad at maintaining friendships, regardless of how close we were once before. So if I stop initiating contact with someone, it can pretty much stop from there. Although I wouldn't completely say that they're cut out from my life as in this day and age, there's always ways of communicating with someone via social media and more convenient phone plans, so there are possibly small form of communications here and there.

Guest motherducker

@writerstale
I would say because of lack of effort and interest on my part. Call me snobby or even picky, but when I meet a person, I kind of know right away whether or not we'll be friends. If I believe there's potential for them being a good friend, I'll put some effort, like asking for their phone number, initiating contact, wanting to know them better, etc. If they reciprocate with the same effort, great! I would classify them as a good friend. But If not, then I'll stop contacting them.
If they're someone I feel like we won't click as well, I won't bother doing any of the above haha. Unless they ask me for my contact information and initiate contact with me, it'll probably change my perspective on them. Or annoy me and I'll ignore them altogether.
There are very few people I would classify as my good friends as I can go weeks without contacting them and feel comfortable enough to contact them without making it seem like we had a "pause" and  vice versa.
tldr; I'm a picky person that's hard to please.

Guest Terazu

An unnie just had her heart broken from her boyfriend. :(  She lives a bit far from me to do anything in person to help cheer her up.
Is there any songs, words, or... something.. to help cheer her up? 
What would you ladies want when you've just broken up with a guy?

Guest BlancCrayola

@Terazu: It depends on her personality type. Some people want a friendly ear to talk about their feelings, others want alone time. If she's in a fragile state, definitely make sure to show her that you care and do a lot of listening and asking. Later on, let her know that there are more chances out there (after she has passed that fragile stage). 

Guest Terazu

@BlancCrayola I think she's venting and looking at lots of pictures / songs. She's also an unnie to me, so she's around...34~ ish. I think her break up stage might be a bit different from ladies that are 15-early 20s.

Guest chibi_chibi

Terazu said: An unnie just had her heart broken from her boyfriend. :(  She lives a bit far from me to do anything in person to help cheer her up.
Is there any songs, words, or... something.. to help cheer her up? 
What would you ladies want when you've just broken up with a guy?

Guest wayofthereagan

Im 19 and I met this girl at work. I like making new friends with my coworkers so I talked to her a little and shes really friendly. Unfortunately she got fired so I have no way of seeing her again. I sent her a friend request of facebook so maybe we can keep in touch and potentially become friends. Thats not weird is it? Sending a request to someone u only talked to once? This doesnt really fall into love and relationships but it falls under girl behavior right? Haha. Thoughts please.

Guest Terazu

@krauq congrats on that biomed eng ;) lol.
Well, if its already out that you're wealthy, attractive and smart, you will probably have a lot of girls interested in you.If you want to weed out the *pure* gold diggers, you can try for less expensive dates? If that makes sense, if its an anniversary, instead of showering her with expensive jewelry or plus the most expensive restaurant, go more for cooking at home or even take out. 
oorr you can always say that you don't want to inherit anything and be your own man. [even though engineer's still live well.]
instead of trying to "buy" the girl (which a lot of wealthier guys do, and sadly, a many girls prefer, or even appreciate), see if she can tough it out during some slightly difficult times?
It's just something you can only really find out after some 1x1 time with the girl. Trial and error. Good luck~ 
Hope you also choose girls for more than their looks.

@krauq1) you can approach the girls yourself to lower the chance of the girl knowing of you2) even if the girl does know about you, you can limit dating to only go to non fancy restaurants and only going to non fancy places.  Never buy her a gift too expensive.  If she asks why you have expensive stuff in your house or asking about you having money and why you dont spend it on her, just say your finances are private.3) Dont ever rush to get married, if the girl asks when you are going to propose and youve only been going out for a year, thats fishy.  Otherwise just keep dating her until you are sure and keep at it with the not spoiling her.  If shes after your wealth, theres only so long that she can keep up her facade.  As for when you do get married, you can always get prenup.

@krauq
No if I get married I intend to stay married forever. That might not be possible in a world with lots of divorces but I will work hard at maintaining a marriage. There are plenty of women who don't care if you have a lot of ferraris. Don't get me wrong. It's like a fairytale for some women to have a good-looking rich husband. I do have that fantasy sometimes but if he doesn't have the right personality, I wouldn't be interested.

@wayofthereagan
No, that's not weird.

Guest writerstale

So I was at the library today getting a replacement card, and had a great conversation with the librarian. I noticed she kept referring to her husband. I wasn't hitting on her. But she kept referring to her husband. She kept saying we did this, or we did that. I've met a few women in the past who I've had great conversations in passing, but they'll mention their bf constantly during the conversation, and it seems strange to me. I have to ask why does a woman do that?

Guest Rekidai

writerstale said: So I was at the library today getting a replacement card, and had a great conversation with the librarian. I noticed she kept referring to her husband. I wasn't hitting on her. But she kept referring to her husband. She kept saying we did this, or we did that. I've met a few women in the past who I've had great conversations in passing, but they'll mention their bf constantly during the conversation, and it seems strange to me. I have to ask why does a woman do that?

Guest writerstale

Rekidai said: writerstale said: So I was at the library today getting a replacement card, and had a great conversation with the librarian. I noticed she kept referring to her husband. I wasn't hitting on her. But she kept referring to her husband. She kept saying we did this, or we did that. I've met a few women in the past who I've had great conversations in passing, but they'll mention their bf constantly during the conversation, and it seems strange to me. I have to ask why does a woman do that?

Guest writerstale

Meany-chan said: @writerstale

lol Don't think too much about it. If it bothers you the next time it happens, just mention a girlfriend (even if you don't have one) frequently to make them realize what they're doing.

Guest wayofthereagan

Can a girl develop feelings for a guy after being friends for awhile even if she's not physically attracted to the guy?

Guest wayofthereagan

I have this new coworker and whenever I come in I say hi to everyone including the new girl. I'm pretty much friends with everyone at work but I can't rly talk with the new girl but that might be because we haven't rly gotten a chance to work more than an hour together. But I still try to talk to her when I can. Like I say hi or ask if it was busy earlier but whenever I try talking to her she doesn't rly seem like she wants to talk. Am I overthinking things or am I doing something weird? It's not like I'm hitting on her. Most of what I say to her is a hi. In case ur curious. Yes I do think she is cute but I like someone else atm so I'm not interested in dating her or anything. I just wanna be friends cuz I'm friends with everyone else at work and it makes working more fun. Plus apparently we go to the same school o.o so ya know..better the stranger u know a little than the stranger u don't know at all filling up a seat in a class ur in

Picture this scenario.

You're graduating college. You're moving away. You like this dude you've been good friends with for three years. Your friends know. His friends know. You're pretty sure he's dense, and he doesn't know. You've been spending a lot of time together in the recent year. Sometimes alone, but strictly platonic so far.

Do you confess to him? Why, or why not?
What compels/prevents you from taking action?