Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest Vindictive

yup i just read on the olympus site it is 1.2mp.

nice quality =)

i've seen it in real life.. it's on display at DSE in adelaide.. you can get a feel of what you'r holding ... haha. it's pretty large.. screen is a nice big. i guess they didnt want video playback on it because it would sevrely decrease battery life.. (understandable).

looks nice though =). it's a tad big though.. i'd hate to carry it around in my pocket.

I thought it seemed small because of the big screen .. it felt smaller than my Creative Zen Xtra even though it was the same size ..... but oh well hahaha.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NASRI22

I thought it seemed small because of the big screen .. it felt smaller than my Creative Zen Xtra even though it was the same size ..... but oh well hahaha.

ahaha nah it's quite large..

you have to get a feel of the mp3player.. and realise how uncomfortable it is in your pocket..

i used to own a Creative Muvo Slim (was exactly the same as 3x credit cards stacked on top of each other).

that was uncomfortable for me.. i wouldnt be able to imagine a 1st gen ipod or that olympus..

Guest aaandy

B0008JFCWY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sony Walkman NW-E507

Capacity: 1GB

Format: Flash

Price $163 altogether (includes a bestbuy 2 yr. warranty)

Features: FM radio, OLED (very bright, very little battery use), mp3, atrac3, OpenMG, wma...

Battery: It says 50 hours, so far I'd say about 40. I'm loving it.

Player Interface:

It uses a knob you can turn to left to right as a scroll which also extends into 3 different lengths which all serves different purposes. Hard to explain but handy. A Search/Menu button and Display/FM tuner button on the front with the Main Play/Pause button. A repeat/shuffle button is on the back. Volume Up/Down on opposite sides of the scrolling knob. Very easy to navigate and has a Auto FM Preset which scans your area and adds every single station to your preset list.

Software:

Sony Sonic Stage of course. Not a big deal. I used iTunes for my iPod so figure Sony would do the same. I actually like the transferring setup. However, comparing this to iTunes makes Sonic Stage look so primitive and obsolete. I feel this way too haha.

Extra:

Headphones are good, I would recommend earbuds if your picky but so far good enough for me. Comes with a belt clip. It's minimalistic and nice but seems like it would break from moderate use. It has a USB cable that you use to connect to your computer. It also charges that way (I wish it had a seperate piece to charge it with instead of relying on USB. Also comes with a Black carrying pouch.

Overall grade: 9/10

I came from using a 20gb iPod to this 1gb and I actually prefer this more. I realized I don't need flashy color screens with games that I'll hardly ever play or a picture viewer. I almost purchased the Samsung YP-Z5 but it was too big in size I felt just for a picture viewer and 24 hrs. of play. Since I can easily update I don't need to have a billion songs on here at once. I'm guessing I should be able to get about 500-600 songs on here and since I'll update alot, it won't be a big deal.

EDIT::

For those of you who don't want to use Sonic Stage, there is another option! I started digging around and offered by Sony themselves is a MP3 File Manager.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?...ateType=Updates

You install the small program (1.42mb) on your NW-E507 and you launch it from there. Drag and drop. Enjoy!

Guest vannushka

omg this thread ROCKS for me..i am looking for an mp3 player and i didnt know where to start until i found this thread..i am going to narrow down my choices

thanks a lot guys!

Guest h2obubbli

PICT0022s.jpg

I JUST BOUGHT IT!!!!

iRiver U10 -//: price - £130 [$260]

-------------------------------------------

Capacity: 512mb, 1gig, 2gig [i obtain the 1gig version] -------------------------------------------

Format: mp4/ mini hardrive??

Features:

- Voice recorder

- Video

- 3D Equiliser

- wallpaper

- FM radio

- Flash games

- alarm clock

- picture

Battery:

iRiver claims 34 hours

Player Interface:

Iriver explained, there are no navigation buttons or what-not. The screen itself contains a D-pad (on the black edges) and alined on the top is the volume control buttons '+' & '-'. right hand side contains 'on' & 'off' button and a screen rotating button/back button in a game, at the bottom holds the 'hold' switch

Software:

The software included is called iRiver picture plus[windows media player 10], this cd is only needed if yu want to put pictures inside th U10, apart from that, simply when detected go to my computers and yu can simply click and drag

Extra:

this little mp4 is small but contains quite apack, from music to video.

it plays files such as: mp3, wma and ogg etc... Video is abit more complicated, only mpeg4 (avi) will work, not only that but the video itself must be played at 15fps and blah blah, its okay once you download the right convertor for it (i got mine works perfectly).

The wallpaper changes colour as the week goes by, unless yu place yur own picture. more than 4 flash games are installed on the U10 already for yu to play. This mp4 is all good but with one exeption.... too little space for a high price.....

Guest happyroach

^Only 1gig? Not a lot of videos :<

Boo I'm really itching to get an ipod video now just cuz it plays videos and W00T 60 GIGS <3

Guest skwannabe

^Only 1gig? Not a lot of videos :<

Boo I'm really itching to get an ipod video now just cuz it plays videos and W00T 60 GIGS <3

just get a creative vision m than. 3 or 4 hrs compared to the 2 hours to the ipod.... i get like 1hr and 30 minutes.... but than again it is a AUDIO player..

Guest SatinDoll

sony-walkman-bean.jpg

it says 250 songs or something like that ... but i can fit about 100-150 songs onto it

fm radio

the battery life is fricking amazing . i dont need to charge it for like a week

it's small and prettyful

u can change the background into stars ... waves ... clock... and stuff like that.............

the sound is super clear *thumbs up*

i <3 the earphones . they dont stiffen up like iriver earphones in winter GR

the only bad thing bout it is the hold button

it's loose but u'll get used to it

9/10ish

hey this is so cute...

ive wanted it ever since my friend showed me it. do u have more pics of it??? not that im gonna get it...but just wondering how it looks like in different angles...cus all the sites seem to have the same angles

i can't decide if its' prettier white or pink..

Nonetheless..soo cute! :sweatingbullets:

Guest dreamsicle

Samsung YP-T8Z

YP-T8ZTotal.jpg

I'm thinking about buying this one but I wonder if it displays Chinese/Japanese fonts? I'm guessing it does, since it's Samsung, but you never know... Can the software convert a 300-700 MB video file? And lastly, does this scratch easily? I heard the iPod is very fragile and requires a case. Wondering about this one too. Sorry for so many ?s

Guest n4n45h1

how big is taht screen?? looks pretty large.

nah that screen is pretty small

relative to the player its big, but the players pretty small

its a nice player though, a couple of my friends got it

Guest h2obubbli

^ yahh its small and slick

h2obubbli, how long does it take to convert the video and to upload it onto your mp3 player?

hmmm if its a MV it only takes .... 1min and abit.... if its a large MV like 100+mb, when converted its like 6mb

Guest NASRI22

^ yahh its small and slick

hmmm if its a MV it only takes .... 1min and abit.... if its a large MV like 100+mb, when converted its like 6mb

thats a big difference lol. mine is about 1:1 ratio of the size after converting.

I'm thinking about buying this one but I wonder if it displays Chinese/Japanese fonts? I'm guessing it does, since it's Samsung, but you never know... Can the software convert a 300-700 MB video file? And lastly, does this scratch easily? I heard the iPod is very fragile and requires a case. Wondering about this one too. Sorry for so many ?s

yes it does display chinese and japanese fonts (but you will need to set the whole OS in jap or chiense). yes it can convert large files (just it'll still be large @ 160X112 res).

and to answer your last question i've had my m3player for 6 months now and it still looks brand new =). it comes with a silicon case (but i dont use it.. my mashimaro bag has lasted me for all my mp3players). so in otherwords if you take care of it. it will look brand new. (even if you dont take care of it it does not scratch as easily as the nano).

nah that screen is pretty small

relative to the player its big, but the players pretty small

its a nice player though, a couple of my friends got it

it said on the site it displays 320X240 res. Thats the same as the ipod video which is a 2.5" LCD TFT screen. it's large compared to my samsung (with only a 1.8" lcd TFT)

Guest ddonq

creative zen micro 5gb

creative.jpg

creative2.jpg

Features and specifications of the Creative Zen Micro

*Holds 2,500 songs on 5GB hard drive

*Micro sized (WxHxD: 2" x 3.3" x 0.7" or 51mm x 84mm x 19mm)

*Available in 10 electrifying colors (Black, White, Silver, Dark blue, Light blue, Red, Purple, Citrus Orange, Lime Green and Pink)

*Get up to 12 hours playback on a single charge

*Features a removable, rechargeable lithium ion battery

*FM radio to listen and record with 32 preset stations

*Built-in microphone for up to 10hrs voice recording

*Vertical touch pad for easy and intuitive navigation

*Access over 2 million songs through Zen supported music services

*Highest audio clarity at 98dB SNR

*High fidelity earphones with dynamic bass response

*Contacts, Calendar and To Do List

*Plays MP3, WMA, WAV files

*Functions as an external hard drive for backup of computer files

*Backlit LCD displays track info

*Repeat, resume, and random play

*8 EQ settings (Acoustic, classical, disco, jazz, new age, pop, rock and vocal)

*Sleep and wake timers

*Customizable main menu, so the features you want are right at your finger tips

*USB 2.0 interfaces (cables included)

*Belt clip / stand

*weight: 3.8 oz. (includes removable battery) (approx. 110g)

Guest dreamsicle

yes it does display chinese and japanese fonts (but you will need to set the whole OS in jap or chiense). yes it can convert large files (just it'll still be large @ 160X112 res).

and to answer your last question i've had my m3player for 6 months now and it still looks brand new =). it comes with a silicon case (but i dont use it.. my mashimaro bag has lasted me for all my mp3players). so in otherwords if you take care of it. it will look brand new. (even if you dont take care of it it does not scratch as easily as the nano).

Thanks for your help! Does that mean that I can't have multiple language display, just all Asian or all English? Hmm... that's not a big deal. I'm already scared to break the iPod nano w/o even buying it first :lol:

Guest NASRI22

Thanks for your help! Does that mean that I can't have multiple language display, just all Asian or all English? Hmm... that's not a big deal. I'm already scared to break the iPod nano w/o even buying it first :lol:

no problems. feel free to pm me if you got any more questions about it

Samsung YP-T8 > iPod Nano

you either have it in English , chinese or jap. But the weird thing is when you view the files they have the words in diff languages (like if you have chinese characters in chinese it will display) just it wont show ID3 tags. it will only show ID3 tags in other languages if it is set to it.

Guest KimSamSoon's craziie fan

I got my Zen yesterday, it's pretty!!! :w00t:

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02784.jpg

DSC02788.jpg

DSC02790.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

I dun know why it does not work with KSS avi file (about 700MB), but when I put Gokusen DVDrip also avi, it's works.

Geez!

Anyone has any idea, plz help meeh, cuz I need to put Kss files into the player so bad, my sis loves this drama :tears:

Archived