Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest NASRI22

I have a 60gb mp3 player, because I have close to 300gb of mp3s. really wish they'd come out with a higher capacity player. :lol:

ROFLMAO

ahah who the hell would have time for that many songs!! O_O.. you would never ever listen to all of them...

anyone seen that Nano which has that 200GB HDD attached to the back of the case??? it goes from 15hour playback to 7min playback. looks so funny

EDIT: LOOK AT THIS AHAHA http://digg.com/mods/200GB_Ipod_Nano_Mod .. hwo about a 200GB hdd stuck on the back of your nano?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFLMAO

ahah who the hell would have time for that many songs!! O_O.. you would never ever listen to all of them...

anyone seen that Nano which has that 200GB HDD attached to the back of the case??? it goes from 15hour playback to 7min playback. looks so funny

EDIT: LOOK AT THIS AHAHA http://digg.com/mods/200GB_Ipod_Nano_Mod .. hwo about a 200GB hdd stuck on the back of your nano?

well I wouldn't spend money on an Apple product, but it would be tight to see a creative zen mod like that

Guest xbtcmdx

WHERE IS IT 250 SHIPPED?

crutchfield.com rite now its OOS but u can preorder it and when it comes back in stock, they will ship it to u.

The org. price is 329.99 but now it's 299.99 and if u apply the coupon code PA440 it will come to 249.99 with free shipping. i preordered mine yesterday B)

Guest happyroach

^Haha yeah

Some people who have a referral code managed to stack another $20 off coupon, but it didn't work for a lot of people

Guest NASRI22

well I wouldn't spend money on an Apple product, but it would be tight to see a creative zen mod like that

it's possible to upgrade a Creative Zen.. i believe... iirc .. its using a 2.5" standard HDD for a notebook.. you could get a 80gb max...

Guest BluexSky

01425i11118000.jpg

Creative Zen Vision

Capacity: 30GB

Format: Micro HD

Features:

FM radio, voice recorder, video player, mp3 player, photo viewer

Battery:

audio about 17 hours video 4 hours (i have the alternate battery which has double battery life both audio and video

Player Interface:

Tactile buttons. VERY EASY to navigate.

Software:

Decent software...converting videos takes a while.

Price: $379

btw, if you plan on buying this get the white version like me. black looks like CRAP.

Guest KimBoLee

sony-walkman-bean.jpg

it says 250 songs or something like that ... but i can fit about 100-150 songs onto it

fm radio

the battery life is fricking amazing . i dont need to charge it for like a week

it's small and prettyful

u can change the background into stars ... waves ... clock... and stuff like that.............

the sound is super clear *thumbs up*

i <3 the earphones . they dont stiffen up like iriver earphones in winter GR

the only bad thing bout it is the hold button

it's loose but u'll get used to it

9/10ish

hm.. i'm a really indecisive customer (bestbuy must hate me) i exchanged my mp3 4 times (one of them cuz it didn't work)

i'll just do a mini review for what i purchased (i just own the iriver)

Samsung 512MB MP3 Player (YP-U1X)

b2c_l_ypu1xblk.jpg

specs

size: 512mb

price: i bought it for $90CD

Battery: Built-In Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer.. it said up to 13 hours

Connection: USB 2.0

software: i didn't use it

media Compatibility: MP3, WMA, Audio SF, Ogg

what was included: Earphones, Installation CD, User Manual, necklace

Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N Ratio) 85dB

Pros:

- sounds amazing

- easy to use

- rechargeable battery

- fast uploads

- lots of media type compatibility

- displays asian fonts

- cheap

- light

Cons:

- battery life sucks.. i had to recharge it everyday <- main reason why i returned it

- i can't shuffle within folders

- can't really travel on vacation with it cuz you need to use the computer to recharge it

- takes too long to recharge (2.5 hours)

- no case, but you can buy the cases for ipod shuffle (same size)

Sony 1GB MP3 Network Walkman Player (NW-E107S)

NWE107S_en_2.jpg

specs:

Size: 1 GB

price: i bought it for $130 cd

Battery Life: Up To 70 Hours using 1 AAA battery

connectivity: USB

media Compatibility: MP3, ATA3, WMA (Non DRM), WAV

software: SonicStage 3.0

what was included: Heaphones, SonicStage Software, USB Cable

Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N Ratio):+80dB

pros:

- battery life

- displays asian fonts

- shuffle within folders

cons:

- takes forever to transfer

- software... it wouldn't let you drag and drop (ok i didn't use their software... i d/l mp3 file manager so i can drag and drop, but it wouldn't let me change stuff around.. and i couldn't copy and paste my files back). the software is supposed to not let you play copy righted songs.. or something

- it's supposed to convert to atrac (i didn't like that so i dl the mp3 manager, which only allowed me to upload mp3s)

- couldn't play some of my se7en songs for some reason :fury:

^ i disliked that the most.

IRiver T10(north american version)

big_yellow_01[2].jpg

size: 1 gb

price: $169

FM tuner

Battery Life: Up To 45 Hours on 1 AA

Connectivity: USB 2.0

media Compatibility: wma, mp3 ogg

software: windows media player

included: Earbuds, Install CD, Manual, USB Cable, AA Battery, neckstraps

Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N Ratio):> 90 dB

pros:

- colour! omg i didn't know it came in color

- plays wmas & mp3

- i can upload pics (only bmp though)

- fast uploading

- sound's great

- radio

- shuffles within folder

- clip's attached to the mp3 player, makes it easy to carry

- great battery life (i think that AA are cheaper than AAA by a little)

-displays asian font

- playlists. It's great cuz i already use windows media player. I can make a song go to multiple playlist. and when they're transferred, they are organized automatically into artist-> album.

cons:

- still haven't figured out how to use wmp and edit playlist

- american version makes you use wmp

- pricey

- no case

- heavy

- it synchronizes each time to update the files... it can get lengthy when you just want to add one song.

credits for specs: www.futureshop.ca

pics: www.samsung.com, www.sonystyle.ca, www.iriver.com

The T10 was what i wanted a month ago, but it was really overly priced (250) now, there's a price drop. if samsung had a better battery life, i would have stuck with it. I really hated the sony one.

Guest happyroach

01425i11118000.jpg

Creative Zen Vision

Features:

Battery:

audio about 17 hours video 4 hours (i have the alternate battery which has double battery life both audio and video

Player Interface:

Software:

btw, if you plan on buying this get the white version like me. black looks like CRAP.

you are so right lol~

I wanted a PSP (before discovering the Zen Vision) in white, too

Guest Vindictive

My first mp3 .. Creative Zen Xtra 40GB. HAHAH. I know, I didn't take very good care of it. I spray painted it black because I got tired of the silver. LOL. It actually doesn't work right now because I broke it by dropping it HELLA times plus I lost the battery for it. Totally my fault.

r90ca8.jpg

Creative Zen Xtra

Capacity: 40 gb

Format: Hardrive .. it vibrates & everything ouuu.

Features:Um nothing. I think. LOL

Battery: I believe it was 12 hours & I get about 10-11 but then again I play around with it a lot (ie: I skip songs a lot)

Software: It comes with it. It's SO easy to use I swear it's like the easiest transfer software I've ever used. It seriously transfers in a second unlike mp3s that use itunes & windows media player that takes more time.

Price: $200

My second mp3 .. Olympus M:robe 500i. I bought this because I got tired of mr Creative Zen Xtra before it even broke but yeah basically I thought it was pretty awesome at the time. It was on sale plus it's TOUCH SCREEN who could say no to that? Well yeah. I pretty much charged it over night but left it out in the morning before I went to school. It ran out of batteries by the time first period was over (which is like a little less than 2 hours). I looked it up and it says that it LOSES battery power when you're not using it, even when it's off. So I was like whoa dude maybe I should just leave it charging forever. So I did, but it only got me 4 hours out of the 8 promised hours.

mr-500i.jpg

Olympis M:robe 500i

Capacity: 20 gb

Format: Hardrive I believe

Features: CAMERA! Pretty decent quality for a mp3/camera thing. View pictures/slide shows. TOUCH SCREEN. Color?

Battery: It was either 7-8 promised hours but I only got 4 at the most out of it.

Software: I actually can't remember the software that came with this but I believe it was pretty easy to use.

Price: $200.

My third mp3 .. Samsung YH-820. I returned & exchanged the m:robe for this. It was okay to use but it lagged a lot.

yepp_yh-820.jpg

Samsung YH-820

Capacity: 5gb

Format: Micro HDD

Features: I don't think there was much but there was decent color resolution. Oh yeah and you can record stuff.

Battery: Up to 8 hours promised but I got 4-6 out of it but then again I skip songs a lot so that's probably why.

Software: I believe I had to use napster for this .. sucked a lot because I find it hard to use but that's just me.

Price: $200 or $150 I can't really remember.

So eventually my samsung broke due to HDD problems .. I'm in the process of exchanging it. I then broke my creative zen xtra so I had to get a new one ..

My fourth mp3. iRiver H10. So basically, everyone is always talking about this mp3 so I decided that I should check it out. It wasn't all that cracked out as I thought it to be. The sound quality was HORRIBLE especially because it was sort of staticy to me? When it DID work, I would usually only listen to the radio.. Decent battery life.

iRiver-H10.jpg

iRiver H10

Capacity: 5gb

Format: I think it was harddrive.

Features: Decent color resolution. FM radio. Picture viewer. Text. Browser. WOW sound thingers ..

Battery: I believe it was 12 promised hours but I got the most 8 out of it but then again I skip songs a lot ..

Software: I used WMP and it sucked so bad because I never knew what I was doing .. it's slow too.

Price: $250

My iRiver also had a sound defect thing so I am also in process of exchanging it for merchandise credit which I will hopefully find a better mp3 ..

Philips 6GB Digital Audio Player (HDD1630)

PC.PHL.HDD1630.CN.JPG

Toshiba Silver 20GB Digital Audio Player with Color Display (MEGF20S)

EC.TOS.MEGF20S.JPG

Creative Labs 8GB Green Zen MicroPhoto (ZMP8GBEFGR)

EC.CL.ZMP8GBEFGR.JPG

Hopefully I'll exchange for one of those .. any suggestions or reviews out of those 3 specifically? Thanks.

Guest mangujowa

01425i11118000.jpg

Creative Zen Vision

Features:

Battery:

Player Interface:

Software:

ooh. what would be better to get, this one for a little more money or just the Creative Zen Vision:m in pink?

Guest SatinDoll

Creative MuVo TX 256 MB

muvotxsenoirnoir_s.jpg

My first mp3 player, flash memory. It was all around EXCELLENT! Used it for over a year, and then one day it just stopped working. I have no idea why - but it did. And so it went into the garbage can. It was super easy to upload songs. All I did was drag and drop into the "removable" folder since one would treat it like a memory stick. 256MB was a bit small for me, but it still was good enough since it was my first player. The screen lit up blue and the text was a bit small, but the player itself was very small (2 finger size) so I loved it. SUPER light, super small.. all around fantastic. Wonderful sound quality. It was definately a great investment. I would give it a 10/10.

hey i have that too!! i would give it a 10/10 too..it was my 2nd mp3 cus i lost my first one : (

it's super easy to transfer songs and the microphone is pretty cool. i actually use it a few times to record my inclass philosophy lectures...which was REALLLY extremely helpful. cus the guy talks SOO fast and deeply...geesus. lol

i would def. recommend this mp3...altho it doesn't hold as much songs as an ipod or something...

but i don't need that many songs on the go....so im okay with that:D

Guest NASRI22

mr-500i.jpg

Olympis M:robe 500i

Capacity: 20 gb

Format: Hardrive I believe

Features: CAMERA! Pretty decent quality for a mp3/camera thing. View pictures/slide shows. TOUCH SCREEN. Color?

Battery: It was either 7-8 promised hours but I only got 4 at the most out of it.

Software: I actually can't remember the software that came with this but I believe it was pretty easy to use.

Price: $200.

wow. how good is the camera on it?? how many MP? i'm really interested in getting it.. but it seems pretty big to carry around .. =/

Guest happyroach

^Yeah it looks kind of big. And the whole battery thing hahahaha i don't know, doesn't sound too enticing to me ;D

but the design is HOT <3

Guest NASRI22

^Yeah it looks kind of big. And the whole battery thing hahahaha i don't know, doesn't sound too enticing to me ;D

but the design is HOT <3

i agree. i dotn know why it doesnt have video playback though.. if i has a camera.. i'm sure they can playback videos..

Guest Vindictive

i agree. i dotn know why it doesnt have video playback though.. if i has a camera.. i'm sure they can playback videos..

It's sexy but the battery life pisses me off A LOT lol but that's because I mess around with it a lot. It's basically the same size as the Creative Zen Xtra. Which is pretty big .. about an inch bigger than a regular ipod I guess ? Probably smaller than an inch. It's only camera .. no video or anything. It's about 1.2mp I think.

I never used the camera except for like once.

michelleelaine.png

Guest NASRI22

It's sexy but the battery life pisses me off A LOT lol but that's because I mess around with it a lot. It's basically the same size as the Creative Zen Xtra. Which is pretty big .. about an inch bigger than a regular ipod I guess ? Probably smaller than an inch. It's only camera .. no video or anything. It's about 1.2mp I think.

I never used the camera except for like once.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/loo...helleelaine.png

yup i just read on the olympus site it is 1.2mp.

nice quality =)

i've seen it in real life.. it's on display at DSE in adelaide.. you can get a feel of what you'r holding ... haha. it's pretty large.. screen is a nice big. i guess they didnt want video playback on it because it would sevrely decrease battery life.. (understandable).

looks nice though =). it's a tad big though.. i'd hate to carry it around in my pocket.

Archived