Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest happyroach

^60GB wtf?! Most people don't have 60GB of media on their computers! :P

I hane about 300GB media on my computer right now...I have more on DVDs lol My friend has a dozen tetrabytes of stuff

Guest litoxshortaii

^Only the amount of memory matters, how many songs doesn't because you can convert songs to lower bitrates to make the files smaller

oops was talking to litoxshortaii

Anyway. Adionik yay you returned it!!! And wow OOS? Must've been really popular then...

but arent mp3s of a higher quality than wma so mp3s take up more memory? and if the ipod supports only mp3, then you cant really make a song that's alrdy mp3 into a smaller mp3 file? eh :wacko:

Guest happyroach

I thought ipods convert everything to ACC. I've never owned one, so I'm not too sure. But heard ACC compression is better than mp3.

And in terms of mp3s and wmas, mp3s aren't necessarily more HQ than wmas. Actually I think the wma compression is better than mp3 compression, so a song can have the same quality but take up less room in wma than in mp3. But that's what I think, I'm sure someone else would clear it up for you

Guest Adionik

I remember that my 4 gig Ipod Mini would only let me hold 124 songs. I KNOW that was bulli can't read. Even with my various bitrates, all my stuff does NOT equal 4 gigs.

Even with my BoA songs...which is over 130 songs, it's only like 800 megabytes.

Ipods suck.

Guest happyroach

^Hah I wanted to get an Ipod Nano but I really really REALLY dislike itunes. So I got a Zen Nano instead. But if I could afford it, I'm getting a Creative Zen Vision/Vision: M. More file/software compatibility. I can't stand itunes at all hahahaha

Yeah, they say AAC is lossless. Many like Flac and OGG for music compression also. They say that WMAs can be encoded at half the bitrate of MP3s and have the same quality, so a 128kbps WMA ~ 256kbps MP3.

I like MP3s @192 just because they are so normal.. EVERYONE can play them, everyone can use them, everyone knows what it is. Most people can't tell the difference in audio files after 192kbps. I say most because there are weird audiophiles out there who can tell... should have slightly screwed up hearing like me to avoid problems.

@happyroach ^_^ <3 girl who has about the same amount of archived media as ME! (maybe a bit more after my recent disk cleanup) Wow... almost as good as good as a girl with a belly piercing lol... im soo geekie.. >_<

Oh and bored curosity, I might have asked before... but what highschool did you go to if you lived in Alhambra? (MKHS... so many ALHS people on forums... seems mkhs ppl dont like forums)

@saera/range ignore this "conversation" in some twisted way it has something to do with MP3 players. Particularily price, formats, compatibility, software, and capacity one needs when deciding on a media player.

Guest happyroach

^I went to Alhambra High ;D~ hahaha YAY YOU'RE A MEDIA FREAK TOO <3

And oops it's AAC hahahaha I typed ACC -.-;;

And yeah OGG's a good file format also. I can tell the difference between 192kbps and higher bitrates *beams with pride* hahahaha j/k (can't tell the difference between 256kbps and 320kbps though :<)

So basically mp3 doesn't have the best compression but it is the most universal file format <3

Now if ipods didn't force you to use iTunes...I would've loved them sooooooo much more. Although the design (and perhaps the AAC file compression) is very very nice, and the 60 gig harddrive in the video is the most awesome part. Creative...hint hint!

Guest Adionik

I have like 80 gigs of videos...

I remeber this guy at Office Depot was throwing his sales pitch at some guy trying to buy a computer and he's like, "This thing has a 100 gig SATA harddrive...and if you can fill that thing up....come back and i'll give you a hundred dollars!"

I was like, "WTF LET ME IN ON THAT!.

Guest BboyOrion

I have like 80 gigs of videos...

I remeber this guy at Office Depot was throwing his sales pitch at some guy trying to buy a computer and he's like, "This thing has a 100 gig SATA harddrive...and if you can fill that thing up....come back and i'll give you a hundred dollars!"

I was like, "WTF LET ME IN ON THAT!.

HAHAH WTF!? i cant do that like nothing! wonder of bit torrent lol! but im on a laptop with a 60 hd so damn. anyone to get back on subject, This thread is great, im actually thinking of getting the creative vision:M or iAudio X5L

Guest Adionik

I got a YP t6 for 80 bucks. =X

512. *Shrug*

80 compared to the 300+ for a Vision M...i'm satisfied for now.

Guest xinfinite

but arent mp3s of a higher quality than wma so mp3s take up more memory? and if the ipod supports only mp3, then you cant really make a song that's alrdy mp3 into a smaller mp3 file? eh :wacko:

you can convert mp3 files to a lower bit rate in itunes. when importing wma files you can also convert those to mp3 as well.

I remember that my 4 gig Ipod Mini would only let me hold 124 songs. I KNOW that was bulli can't read. Even with my various bitrates, all my stuff does NOT equal 4 gigs.

Even with my BoA songs...which is over 130 songs, it's only like 800 megabytes.

Ipods suck.

ipod mini has ~3.7gb available. don't know what's wrong with yours but mine has 900+ songs.

Guest Adionik

you can convert mp3 files to a lower bit rate in itunes. when importing wma files you can also convert those to mp3 as well.

ipod mini has ~3.7gb available. don't know what's wrong with yours but mine has 900+ songs.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell was up with that one. I got my girlfriends Ipod and put like 150 songs no problem. Whatever...it's hers not mine haha.

Guest happyroach

I got a YP t6 for 80 bucks. =X

512. *Shrug*

80 compared to the 300+ for a Vision M...i'm satisfied for now.

The Vision M is actually $250 shipped now...FREAKIN HELL I WANT ONE WHY AM I UNDER THE BUDGET NOOOOO

Guest NASRI22

anyone got a Samsung YP-D1Z???

i'm really interested in it.. need a review first though...

i'm in Australia though so it's hard to get it .. (have to order from Korea >_<)

Guest xbtcmdx

The Vision M is actually $250 shipped now...FREAKIN HELL I WANT ONE WHY AM I UNDER THE BUDGET NOOOOO

where is it 250$ shipped :blink: ???? i wannna noee :P

EDIT: ohh nvm i found the place

Creative Zen Vision:M in Pink, $330 from Creative's website

zen0017sm.jpg

zen0079qz.jpg

zen0025tj.jpg

zen0045bt.jpg

zen0066xi.jpg

zen0095pa.jpg

zen0035lj.jpg

zen0086zc.jpg

zen0059pa.jpg

The pink color is gorgeous. I had problems with the thickness before purchasing because I had the iriver h10 previously, and I didn't want a bulky player but the Vision:M is NOT bulky at all, the thickness is perfect, it has a good feel in my hand. ^^ The case is ridiculous. Its like this creamy suede like material and you're supposed to put the player in it. Its a friking pouch. I am going to have to buy my own case. The controls are not bad at all - I was able to figure out everything by just playing around with it for a few minutes. The manual that comes with the player is very straightforward so it does not go into detail about how to use the extra functions on the player so you will have to figure it out for yourself. The touch pad has levels of sensitivity, I put it on low because I noticed that it is really.. super sensitive -.- I kept choosing the wrong functions. But now that I have it on low, its fine. :)

The screen is nice and big, perfect for photo & video viewing. Photos are uploaded super fast & its super easy. I uploaded my entire folder of pix from my sweet 16 (there's a lot.. over 100 for sure) and it was done in like 10 seconds. I was amazed! Video uploading depends on the size. I have around 13 video files on my player with a crappp load of space left. One drama episode probably takes around 15 seconds to upload, and around 20 seconds for conversion. The conversion is necessary for most video files. Its weird - I even have to convert WMV files? I thought Creative supported them. Sometimes I can upload wmv files without conversion though. Yes, that is one negative factor.

I was watching a drama episode and I wanted to skip toward the end, and I noticed at first the forward function was slow, but in a few seconds it starts to speed up very quickly (you hold down the white piece to the right side) as if the player knows that you want to FAST forward, not just skipping a little bit. So that was very good. Same goes for rewinding.

I heard the touch pad scratches a lot, but no scratches for me as of yet. I think it might be just with the black model.

The earphones are standard. The foam padding (grayish part) is uncomfortable. I will switch my earphones. The music quality was a notch lower than my previous iriver h10 I think. But overall, still very good. Earphones might have played a factor in the quality though - so I suggest in investing in better earphones.

The radio is awesome. You can set presets.. like no1 is a particular radio channel, no 2 another, etc. Very good. You can also record radio.

You can do voice recording (no problems there).

Battery life seems fine. What really affects battery life though is the percentage of brightness of the screen you set your player on. 100% is super bright and.. woahh, very very nice. But its superfluous. Even 50% will give you a good time. I have mine on 10% when I just want to listen to my music, so I can save battery. I turn my player off & on a lot and I like to fool around with the controls when I'm bored ( I like the clicking sound it makes!!) but the battery doesn't suddenly drop because of things like that, whereas my previous iriver h10 would start to die because of my turning off/on habit. The volume goes fmro 0 to 25. I set mine on 7 when I'm in the car and I havent brought my player to school yet (vacation time) so I don't know the necessary volume in the subway (NYC metro) so I will edit this post in the future. Overall, great battery life.

Text viewing.. I really wanted to read lyrics because I'm listening to French music in preparation for my AP French exam. However I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT!! I was very upset at this (means I was banging my fists at my laptop in fury) so I went to the Creative website forum and it turns out people have been saving the lyrics as images. You would screen cap the text file and then upload it as an image.. ugh, too much extra work, not good. It makes sense though - you can also zoom in on your pictures.

It comes with an organizer too, but the organizer can be used only through Microsoft Outlook .. eh not a good thing. I dont use MO. So I guess my organizer is useless.

There is a function of a "removable disk" which means you can reserve an X number of space for separate files, which is very cool. Perfect for those who want to upload things and want to make sure that they don't get deleted, nothing happens to them & that they want them separated from their music & video files. I won't be using this though - its just an extra function.

My rating? I would love to give this player a 5/5 but I can't because of the video conversion - I just had a hard time with that. Why is it that my already WMV files mu

st be converted? Also, the text really got to me. Somewhere I had read that .txt files would be supported, and I assumed that meant I could read text. I guess not. Im hoping some kind of new firmware will fix these problems.. But I must admit, I was soo impressed by my player - its so cute & wonderful T.T Thus I would give it a 4.8/5 :D It definately deserves the CNet award!

Dammit. Nice 700m

Archived