Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest b18c1

iHP-120.jpg

iRIVER iHP-120 aka HP120

Rating: 9/10

It serves it's purpose, store a lot of music and play it back with good sound quality.

* PC interface(s) supported

* Hi-Speed USB

* Digital player signal-to-noise ratio

* 90 dB

* Width

* 2.4 in

* Depth

* 0.7 in

* Digital storage

* Built-in 20 GB Hard disk drive

* Height

* 4.1 in

* Weight

* 5.6 oz

* Included accessories

* Microphone

* Software type

* Drivers & Utilities

Pros:

A+ reliability compared to ipod

just a little longer than a ipod... so basically the same size

looks awesome

comes with a remote

amazing battery life

crazy good recording quality

built in internal microphone

even with the case on, it still is small enough to fit in my pocket even though it does make it a lot bigger

many different language displays

can plug in 2 headphones at once, so if your friend wants to listen to music too, then it works out fine

very good sound quality and pumps out a lot more bass than any other mp3 player that ive heard

equalizer

plug and play... no software needed

good quality, ive dropped this thing and it hasnt died on me

Cons:

headphones suck, but it doesnt matter cuz i upgraded to sony's in ear lp70 headphones which are awesome btw

when in shuffle mode, it shuffles it, but its the same playlist.. its not randomly generated each time

scrolling through songs is slower than an ipod

with the technology nowadays, it could be smaller (but i bought it a while ago so i cant complain)

there is no clip on the case to clip to your belt or pants.. you have to string it through you're belt

UPDATE:

rockbox... just installed the firmware update. all i can say is, wow. this just makes my mp3 10x better. soooo many options, along with upgraded features liek a better equalizer, many more fonts, etc.

THANK YOU dachink!!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dachink

iRIVER iHP-120 aka HP120

Rating: 9/10

It serves it's purpose, store a lot of music and play it back with good sound quality.

* PC interface(s) supported

* Hi-Speed USB

* Digital player signal-to-noise ratio

* 90 dB

* Width

* 2.4 in

* Depth

* 0.7 in

* Digital storage

* Built-in 20 GB Hard disk drive

* Height

* 4.1 in

* Weight

* 5.6 oz

* Included accessories

* Microphone

* Software type

* Drivers & Utilities

Pros:

A+ reliability compared to ipod

just a little longer than a ipod... so basically the same size

looks awesome

comes with a remote

amazing battery life

crazy good recording quality

built in internal microphone

even with the case on, it still is small enough to fit in my pocket even though it does make it a lot bigger

many different language displays

can plug in 2 headphones at once, so if your friend wants to listen to music too, then it works out fine

very good sound quality and pumps out a lot more bass than any other mp3 player that ive heard

equalizer

plug and play... no software needed

good quality, ive dropped this thing and it hasnt died on me

Cons:

headphones suck, but it doesnt matter cuz i upgraded to sony's in ear lp70 headphones which are awesome btw

when in shuffle mode, it shuffles it, but its the same playlist.. its not randomly generated each time

scrolling through songs is slower than an ipod

with the technology nowadays, it could be smaller (but i bought it a while ago so i cant complain)

there is no clip on the case to clip to your belt or pants.. you have to string it through you're belt

try using the Rockbox firmware ;)

Guest b18c1

thanx for ur review, i tink im gonna getit now, cant wait

yes, id definetely get this over an ipod anyday, the rockbox just makes it kick *** even more!

Guest eunhye

I have a pink 6gb ipod mini.

because you can find specs easily, i'll write a brief review on my personal experience.

First of all, the design is very pretty and I love the size!

I read a lot of negative issues about the battery, but mine has no problem whatsoever.

It lasts for usually 16+ hours, and that's enough, too. Haha

So, really, it all depends on how you treat your electronics.

Guest NASRI22

Can anyone confirm any mp3 players (other than ipod) that work with korean fonts?

thanks.

the samsung YP-T8Z works with korean. you just need to have the entire system in Korean.

Guest jasonychoi

the samsung YP-T8Z works with korean. you just need to have the entire system in Korean.

What do you mean? Does this mean you have to set the mp3 player to a korean setting? So all the menu interface options will be in korean?

Can anyone confirm any mp3 players (other than ipod) that work with korean fonts?

thanks.

My sister owns a Samsung YP-T7JZ, and it works with Korean and Japanese system fonts.

System fonts, meaning...how do I explain this? Isn't it that when you view some Kor or Jap webpages and you dont have the fonts installed, some of them turn to squares instead? Other times it turns to weird letters and symbols. You'd want to get the square-ish type of fonts. You'd get them mostly when you rip the files from CDs w/ the album info. It's so hard to explain lol.

Guest jasonychoi

My sister owns a Samsung YP-T7JZ, and it works with Korean and Japanese system fonts.

System fonts, meaning...how do I explain this? Isn't it that when you view some Kor or Jap webpages and you dont have the fonts installed, some of them turn to squares instead? Other times it turns to weird letters and symbols. You'd want to get the square-ish type of fonts. You'd get them mostly when you rip the files from CDs w/ the album info. It's so hard to explain lol.

Oh i already have korean installed on my computer and don't have a problem viewing or writing them on my computer. So if i just send those korean titled files to the mp3, they'll show without a problem right?

Oh i already have korean installed on my computer and don't have a problem viewing or writing them on my computer. So if i just send those korean titled files to the mp3, they'll show without a problem right?

I'm not really sure, cause my computer can read Korean too. Sometimes they appear as characters, but sometimes as weird symbols. So I don't really know.

Guest jasonychoi

okay, i finally got my creative vision:m but i got one problem.

i can get my all my videos on fine but when i play them, i get the message, "audio not supported," and so it only plays the video. so whoever uses this or anyone, help!

but i still love mine so far... =)

It's probably because the video file isn't in a mpeg-layer3 audio (mp3). If it's a movie, it probably requires an ac3 filter decoder. But i wouldn't know how to put that into your mp3 player..

Guest NASRI22

What do you mean? Does this mean you have to set the mp3 player to a korean setting? So all the menu interface options will be in korean?

yes exactly!

Guest simply`sweetious ;D

Samsung YP-T8Z

Capacity: 1GB

Format: TSOP Flash

Features:

FM Radio, Voice Recording, Text Viewing, JPEG View, Video Playback, Lyric Support, 1.8" 64K Colour TFT LCD, Motion Sensor Games

Battery:Claimed 20hours Audio, 6 Hours Video, 15 hours Audio for me and 5 hours video (so nice)

Player Interface:Navigate Button Goes up and down :D. Left and right .. and so on.. i dont really understand this question haha

Software: Firmware Version 1.36KR which isnt released for australia yet.. :P. Samsung Mutimedia Studio for converting Videos to .svi format to playback. Drag and drop for all music files.

Comment: This is the best fuxing mp3player i've bought!!! (with others including 2Gb nano, TX 512, MSI 511, 4Gb Muvo2) the sound is absolutely great with noise cancelling earphones, DNSE is a great feature to 3d your audio... i'm not one to listen to 5000 songs so 5GB/20GB's arnt for me. Video playback is very clear and very smooth. Pictures are nice but they coudlve made a zoom function.

Price: $260AU (1GB) $300AU (2GB)

OVERALL

8.5/10

YP-T8ZTotal.jpg

my friend has the exact same mp3 as you O_o. .. even tho yepp & samsung are kinda the same brand.. on my friends my mp3, instead of saying yepp on it, it says samsung. lol. he got it in Singapore... he forgot it was in his back pocket he sat down and the screen cracked, then later on his sister dropped it, and you cant see the screen anymore O_o. .... the screen is so hugee, wonder why it cracked.. -_-..

they sell those mp3's in australia now, but they are all white or silver, cant remember.

well my mp3 is samsung YP-T7Z. already been posted. i rate it a 7/10.. the screen is too small, letters of the song can`t fit, and ummm whats the point of viewing pics on a small tiny screen you have to squint at O_o?

Guest NASRI22

my friend has the exact same mp3 as you O_o. .. even tho yepp & samsung are kinda the same brand.. on my friends my mp3, instead of saying yepp on it, it says samsung. lol. he got it in Singapore... he forgot it was in his back pocket he sat down and the screen cracked, then later on his sister dropped it, and you cant see the screen anymore O_o. .... the screen is so hugee, wonder why it cracked.. -_-..

they sell those mp3's in australia now, but they are all white or silver, cant remember.

well my mp3 is samsung YP-T7Z. already been posted. i rate it a 7/10.. the screen is too small, letters of the song can`t fit, and ummm whats the point of viewing pics on a small tiny screen you have to squint at O_o?

yes umm samsung and yepp are the same. samsung just call their mp3players yepp. like apple call their mp3plaeyrs ipods. get me? i dropped mine but i had the silicon case on. nothing happened though. hahahaa thats bad luck because i dont think samsung will fix it for you if the screen is cracked.it's automatically "warranty void". yeh they sell them in australia now the 256MB version is red, 512 is black, 1gb is black and 2GB is white iirc.

Guest lazibratt

TOO MANY MP3's to choose from! Ok can I ask you guys a question? (say yes) Anyways, I'm still trying to find an mp3 player. Do you think I should get ones with videos? I think the only time I'll use it is if I go to Vegas, Arizona or those long trips (which is only once in a LOONG while)

My budget-$0 (best price ever) to $250(it has to be a super good one with videos though)

What I prefer: display Asian fonts, lyrics?, mp3 and wma format, good sound, easy to access the songs, can group the songs to folders according to artist, a button for the volume to raise up, light up screen, shuffle, repeat (is there one?), not HUGE and bulky.

I heard good reviews from that Creative MuVo TX 256 MB from here. Everyone gives it a 10/10

muvotxsenoirnoir_s.jpg

But I think the iRiver N10 looks really cute but looks funny in other pictures. I haven't heard that much about it.

The Creative Zen Vision:M got very good review on cnet.com from both the editor and the users. It's pretty pricey at $300 but I think I can ask my rich uncle to chip in $150 as a present for my sweet 16.. if I beg him hard enough.

Cowon IAudio 6 It looks awesome. It has a touch pad.. that's a plus for easy accesibility (I don't know how to spell). It plays videos too? $240

Also the iRIVER iHP-120. It sounds really good!

HELP PEOPLE HELP! I'm not that good with techonology.. haha

Guest fireball50

B0008JFCWY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sony Walkman NW-E507

Specs are already posted in this thread, i'm just giving it my review.

After my mp3 player died, I bought this one because my main concern now was long battery life. My Samsung one sucked since I had to recharge it every other day. I bought this for $130 including tax and shipping so price was good. It holds about 500 - 550 songs when converted but it takes a long long time. It took more than 5 hours!!!! Also, you can't see the screen in bright sunlight but I don't care since I don't look at the screen that much. Battery life is AMAZING, I didn't need to charge this baby for about 3 weeks. Radio is great too. Navigation is easy to use once you know where the buttons are.

If it wasn't for the slow loading time for this thing, it would have gotten a 10 from me. But the program is crap and I'll give it a 9.

Guest luvelyasian

which one would you recommend? ipod or creative zen? i thought the creative zen would be better since it has a radio but i hear it runs into major defects after only a few months, is that true?

and why the heck do you have that many mp3 players? -_-

Archived