Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

13 hours ago, CallieP said:

@leeminhosny Ask The Stars wasn't in TVN, MBC, SBS, Netflix and Disney 2024 drama lineup and today isn't in Studio Dragon 2024 drama lineup, my feeling came true, unfortunatelly this drama is postponed until next year,big dissappointment

"Studio Dragon is expecting to air #AskTheStars in the second half of this year. Actor #LeeMinHo has a sizeable fan group, so multiple OTTs are coveting his work. SD is in negotiations to reap high profits despite prolongation." - Official in Cultural Content Investment Industry

So is ATS going to be on later this year and is Pachinko also later this year?  I am not sure which is which.  Conflicting information.

I want LMH to do real dramas not get stuck with Pachinko for another two seasons if he is only going to have minimal screen presence.

I agree with you CallieP - unless the Pachinko script writers give him another episode to himself we probably won’t see much of him on screen.

Also if ORV is a great success -which of course we hope it is -and  there are more films in the series  then that will keep him filming. But unless Netflix or similar pick it up some of us might not get to see it coming to our local cinemas.

As for ATS it’s all down to money so who knows. 

It’s a good job he has all these advertising/ambassador  contracts or we might never get to see him.

Sorry to sound a bit negative but I miss seeing him in dramas. 

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@Lindyloo421  I think that we're all getting antsy now.  Three (?) years, if you don't count Pachinko, is a long time without a drama or movie.

@CarolynH  Since you mentioned about "Pachinko", it's been 2-years since this Apple drama was released. And (3) years for an actor without a drama/movie is quite a long time. There are many major Korean actors and actresses fail to make a strong return after taking a break from acting. While there are actors who comeback BIG because many are curious to see them. Like the case of Kim Soo Hyun, Gong Yoo and Lee Byung Hun. Their situations are a complete contrast. The wait was always worth it, because every time they starred in a drama again, they made sure they picked a well-written script. :cutekitty:

• Like 2

*** These dramas never aged. I love them. I've watched them 2x.  :kisslevel:

Here are 6 other Rags-to-Riches K-Drama series to Watch

“Queen of Tears” has quickly become a sensation, featuring stellar performances by actors Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won. The series masterfully navigates the delicate process of repairing a failing relationship, eliciting a rollercoaster of emotions from its audience. Its powerful storytelling has viewers eagerly seeking more tales of personal transformation and redemption. Below are six rags-to-riches K-drama series that promise similar captivating narratives.

“The Heirs”

This drama immerses viewers in the tumultuous life of a young girl from a modest background who finds herself among Los Angeles' elite, including her eventual romantic interest, Kim Tan, a wealthy heir. Their story is a classic tale of love bridging social divides.

“Boys Over Flowers”

This iconic series follows Geum Jan Di as she navigates the complexities of attending a school for the ultra-wealthy, capturing the heart of the most sought-after bachelor, Goo Jun Pyo. It's a timeless tale of love, resilience, and overcoming social barriers.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/03/queen-of-tears-isnt-enough-here-are-6-other-rags-to-riches-k-drama-series-to-watch

• Like 3

Korean Dramas For People Who Love The Concept Of Time Travel

Where actresses meet Joseon warriors and couples try to change their past!

Traveling backwardand forwardin time has always fascinated audiences. There are multiple films about time travel out there, where characters use different kinds of time machines. It could be a necklace (the Time-Turner from Harry Potter), a car (DeLorean from Back To The Future), and even a telephone booth (the TARDIS from Doctor Who)! And while Western time travel stories mostly focus on sci-fi, Korean dramas never fail to give it a romantic twist! 

2. Faith (2012) 

The stars: Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun

The sitch: In this fantasy drama, Lee Min Ho stars as an elite Goryeo warrior who travels to the present just to look for a doctor to heal the queen. He ends up meeting a popular plastic surgeon with "godlike abilities." When she refuses to believe his story, he *kidnaps* her and brings her back to the past! 

No. of episodes: 24

11. The King: Eternal Monarch (2020) 

The stars: Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun

The sitch: This drama doesn't just feature parallel universes, it also involves time travel. Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) from the Kingdom of Corea meets detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) from the Republic of Korea. He instantly recognizes her from an ID that was left behind during his father's assassination many years ago! 

No. of episodes: 16 

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-drama-time-travel-a2520-20190505-lfrm?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Happy 14th Anniversary Personal Taste.  Who loved Jin Ho?

@CarolynH  This is a good drama. The story wasn't a masterpiece but I think it wasn't bad- There were great reviews everywhere and it had great ratings, too.. The plot did sound funny to me but it turned out to be completely different from what I expected it to be. When you start watching this drama it would drag you right into it. Personally, I enjoy dramas that have slice of life on them. And this drama is one of those...   :kitty:

• Like 1

https://n.news.naver.com/article/022/0003920367?sid=102

Google Translation

“The favorite star chosen by overseas fans is… ” 7 out of 10 people with Korean Wave experience are ‘positive’ about K content

20240402507258_20240402111807772.jpg?typ

While actor Lee Min-ho ranked first in the actor category of the Korean Wave star survey for 11 consecutive years, 7 out of 10 people with Korean Wave experience responded that they overall liked the Korean cultural content they experienced.

---- skipped unrelated. -----

20240402507319_20240402111807780.jpg?typ

Among the Korean actors, Lee Min-ho (6.4%), he ranked first in the actor category for 11 consecutive years since the Korean Wave star survey began, and there was no significant change in the remaining top 10 rankings.

Spoiler

FYI

2nd to 10th :
HB

SHK
GY

LJS

KSH
Suzy
PSJ
SJK

IU

And the 3 categories in above chart are :
total

male/female

ages : 10s/20s/30s/40s/50s 

--- skipped unrelated ---

• Like 4

Thank you for posting this. He also came top this week in a poll in Japan

and in another one called Shining Awards as the best Korean actor.

Even though it’s four years since TKEM and two years since Pachinko

fans remain loyal to him don’t they. It just shows how his personality

resonates with people. He just has the X factor doesn’t he?

I was disappointed this week as I saw Netflix had a drama called City Hunter coming on - alas when I looked it was a different drama!

It’s odd how all his other dramas are on Viki or Netflix but City Hunter is nowhere to be found. I got the dvd from eBay otherwise I would never have been able to watch it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you for posting this. He also came top this week in a poll in Japan

and in another one called Shining Awards as the best Korean actor.

Even though it’s four years since TKEM and two years since Pachinko

fans remain loyal to him don’t they. It just shows how his personality

resonates with people. He just has the X factor doesn’t he?

I was disappointed this week as I saw Netflix had a drama called City Hunter coming on - alas when I looked it was a different drama!

It’s odd how all his other dramas are on Viki or Netflix but City Hunter is nowhere to be found. I got the dvd from eBay otherwise I would never have been able to watch it.

@Lindyloo421  City Hunter is available for streaming on ViKi, it's just that on "region-selected".  Same here, I also have a DVD for this drama.   :Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 1

LMH and MYM update

In the '2024 Overseas Hallyu Survey' released by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange (KOFICE), LEEMINHO has secured the top spot for the 11th consecutive year as the most preferred Hallyu star! 

We look forward to many more diverse activities from the legend, actor LEEMINHO, that will continue to captivate audiences worldwide! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

LMH and MYM update

In the '2024 Overseas Hallyu Survey' released by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange (KOFICE), LEEMINHO has secured the top spot for the 11th consecutive year as the most preferred Hallyu star! 

We look forward to many more diverse activities from the legend, actor LEEMINHO, that will continue to captivate audiences worldwide!

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. To put this simply : Lee Min Ho has been hailed as the most-loved Korean Actor by the international audience this 2024. He remains undefeated as the most-loved Korean star among global audiences for so many years since the Korean Wave star survey began in 2014. I also read this from here - https://www.news1.kr/articles/5372448

Lee Min Ho has shown remarkable popularity for a decade. He ranked first in Asia Pacific, the United States, the Middle East, Europe, and Africa. In particular, he topped the list in an extra survey titled "The first K-Actor that comes to mind."  He has enjoyed unrivaled recognition with overwhelming support from international and local fans, surpassing all prominent domestic top stars. I'm happy that Lee Min Ho continues to have a strong presence in the industry. He makes his name trend on different social media platforms.   :Fist1:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CarolynH said:

For the cat lovers......

@CarolynH  thanks for sharing this. Hmmm..... I'm more of a dog lover. A dog is a loyal servant and companion. For me, a cat, on the other hand, is nobody's servant and decides for itself whether it wants to be a companion to anyone, even to the person who feeds it. Dogs have been selectively bred to be trainable and devoted to humans.  :kitty:

• Like 1