Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Ekp_pLTVkAAXNqf?format=jpg&name=small

Apple TV drama 'Pachinko' and a pledge just by taking an audition...

I even write a pledge for an audition.

"Pachinko," a drama produced by Apple TV Plus in the U.S. starring actor Lee Min-ho, hold auditions with ironclad security.

"Pachinko" turns a novel of the same name written by Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin into a drama. It was selected as the "Book of the Year" by the New York Times in 2017 and was nominated for the 2019 National Book Award. Former U.S. President Barack Obama introduced the book on his SNS in May last year, drawing attention from readers around the world, including the U.S.

The audition process for "Pachinko" is interesting because it is different from the domestic drama system. Actors upload their videos in places designated by the production company. The video is about showcasing acting or introducing oneself. Also, the script is not revealed easily. 

A pledge is written to audition. The pledge calls for keeping secrets, including participation in the auditions. There are not many cases in Korea where people write their vows to participate in auditions for dramas or movies. Only the BTS Universe drama series "Youth," which recently announced its casting, is known to have a pledge not to reveal itself after the casting is confirmed. Given that, it is very unusual for "Pachinko" to require for a pledge to be written just by participating in an audition.  

"Pachinko" is a globally anticipated movie. It depicts the hard life and identity of Korean immigrants who later moved to Japan and the U.S. after the Japanese colonial era. The background of the era is the mid-1900s, and casting is also being conducted accordingly. The female protagonist is preferred to be a person without double eyelids. Lee Min-ho plays the male lead in the drama. It will be produced in eight episodes and will feature a number of actors from Asian countries, including Korea.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23899495

If auditions are held with ironclad security, then so is the production. We may have to wait for quite some time until the confirmation. On the other hand, the secrecy and confidentiality pledge gives a sense that LMH did already accept the role, but is held from disclosing until given the go signal. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Wiggle 3

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I am surprised Bceuase I like so much King suits but I remember some were same suits with Goblin so haters ciriticse him during TKEM maybe so Minoz angry her , but generally they complain so much 

Korean people are generally so critical :joy:

I want the best for LMH, MYM should do a better job for Oppa!

if only I were LMH’s stylist :highonflowers:

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, syntyche said:

If auditions are held with ironclad security, then so is the production. We may have to wait for quite some time until the confirmation. On the other hand, the secrecy and confidentiality pledge gives a sense that LMH did already accept the role, but is held from disclosing until given the go signal. 

If they reject it ,MYM already said it , just they didn't released confirmation .

• Like 7

On 10/21/2020 at 2:43 AM, syntyche said:

Apple TV drama 'Pachinko' and a pledge just by taking an audition...

I even write a pledge for an audition.

"Pachinko," a drama produced by Apple TV Plus in the U.S. starring actor Lee Min-ho, hold auditions with ironclad security.

"Pachinko" turns a novel of the same name written by Korean-American writer Lee Min-jin into a drama. It was selected as the "Book of the Year" by the New York Times in 2017 and was nominated for the 2019 National Book Award. Former U.S. President Barack Obama introduced the book on his SNS in May last year, drawing attention from readers around the world, including the U.S.

The audition process for "Pachinko" is interesting because it is different from the domestic drama system. Actors upload their videos in places designated by the production company. The video is about showcasing acting or introducing oneself. Also, the script is not revealed easily. 

A pledge is written to audition. The pledge calls for keeping secrets, including participation in the auditions. There are not many cases in Korea where people write their vows to participate in auditions for dramas or movies. Only the BTS Universe drama series "Youth," which recently announced its casting, is known to have a pledge not to reveal itself after the casting is confirmed. Given that, it is very unusual for "Pachinko" to require for a pledge to be written just by participating in an audition.  

"Pachinko" is a globally anticipated movie. It depicts the hard life and identity of Korean immigrants who later moved to Japan and the U.S. after the Japanese colonial era. The background of the era is the mid-1900s, and casting is also being conducted accordingly. The female protagonist is preferred to be a person without double eyelids. Lee Min-ho plays the male lead in the drama. It will be produced in eight episodes and will feature a number of actors from Asian countries, including Korea.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23899495

this article seems like a confirmation article to me...

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

If they reject it ,MYM already said it , just they didn't released confirmation .

Agree! If LMH declined the offer, MYM would have released a statement right away 

To me, LMH has already confirmed for this project indirectly :joy: 

1 minute ago, leeminhosny said:

I think same they exaggerate everything.

So glad we don’t have to worry about  Local ratings and annoying K-Netizens 

Goodbye SBS! :happyshakes:

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

9 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

this article seems like a confirmation article to me...

Exactly. If it is not true, it would be a lot easier to deny it. But if it is true, considering the tight security, it would in fact be hard to confirm it until given the green light.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

1 minute ago, syntyche said:

Exactly. If it is not true, it would be a lot easier to deny it. But if it is true, considering the tight security, it would in fact be hard to confirm it until given the green light.

yes yes agree

:2540_meh:

LMH upcoming drama: Pachinko 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

Just now, syntyche said:

I trust Chinese Minoz they are right 90% :lol:

This article talking about monolid eyes actress so they didn't still pick her maybe they will released when they pick her 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

1 minute ago, leeminhosny said:

Drama thread can open when they are confirmed

I don’t understand this top security! LMH is a Korean based actor and he should have this right to share some news with his fans in his own country and also with his international fans. :relieved: 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Wow, thanks for the update @syntyche- I also believe in this theory, big possibility LMH had accepted it but couldn't disclose it yet! Now with this article, we have an explanation why its not disclose yet, its because of the security.

Can't wait to know which character he will play! Exciting days ahead for Minoz!

Thanks to Pachinko news, now I feel better even though there's big possibility Minoz will not win AAA and LMH won't attend the event.

:piggydance:

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 2

11 minutes ago, syntyche said:

There is no point in waiting then.. we don’t know when the American production company decides to release the news. But they shouldn’t take a long time. They should start promotions for this drama starting now.

2 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

Wow, thanks for the update @syntyche- I also believe in this theory, big possibility LMH had accepted it but couldn't disclose it yet! Now with this article, we have an explanation why its not disclose yet, its because of the security.

Can't wait to know which character he will play! Exciting days ahead for Minoz!

Thanks to Pachinko news, now I feel better even though there's big possibility Minoz will not win AAA and LMH won't attend the event.

:piggydance:

yesssss :happyshakes:

but I believe In Chinese Minoz!! No matter how tight the security is, Chinese Minoz will find a way to get their hands on some information :approves:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Kim Go Eun, Park So Dam I am checking others 

Monolid actress huh.  Hmm since this is an international project and given the success of Parasite worldwide might likely PSD from these choices. I also dnt think they will do back2back teamup lmhxkge. But knows right.? All these secrecy. So intriguing.  

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Filming will start this coming Monday? And also November?

so will LMH start filming soon??

we don’t even know what character he will play :wut:

Just now, Hohoho said:

Monolid actress huh.  Hmm since this is an international project and given the success of Parasite worldwide might likely PSD from these choices. I also dnt think they will do back2back teamup lmhxkge. But knows right.? All these secrecy. So intriguing.  

Agree with your points regarding PSD and success of parasite. The chances are high 

but I don’t know anything about her lol never watched any of her project 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I cannot wait for the header of our thread to change into Upcoming Apple TV plus drama: Pachinko  

:2540_meh:

4 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I watched Park So Dam but everyone say this is woman story so I think powerful image :lol: Park So Dam is tiny actress as physical, so I can't match them :lol:

hahah :joy:

The contrast is too much! no match 

===========

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

chingus, I already started a thread days ago the first time the news broke, just in case he accepts it (or not). :sweatingbullets: Soompi allowed it. But it only contains that one news article which seems to be firm that LMH's starring on it. The fate of the thread is uncertain as that of this series :sweatingbullets:

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/457302-upcoming-drama-2020-pachinko-파친코/

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 3

3 minutes ago, syntyche said:

chingus, I already started a thread days ago the first time the news broke, just in case he accepts it (or not). :sweatingbullets: Soompi allowed it. But it only contains that one news article which seems to be firm that LMH's starring on it. The fate of the thread is uncertain as that of this series :sweatingbullets:

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/457302-upcoming-drama-2020-pachinko-파친코/

I just posted my first post in our new thread :happyshakes:... Hope we can keep it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2