Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

So did we all like seeing LMH in his naval uniform?  I thought it looked a little big on him.  I prefer seeing him in more fitted clothes.  Remember what he looks like in that uniform when we get to our favorites game.  

I noticed that he wears the color blue quite often.  I wonder if the stylist (Jack?) knows his fans like seeing him in blue.  

9 hours ago, syntyche said:

I read an article comparing LMH's styling on LOTBS and TKEM. It said that he looked better in LOTBS with those fitting clothes, compared to TKEM where his wardrobe is much loose. I guess loose clothes is what they picture with the king's image.    

That stylist Jack was a fake, it appears. Nevertheless, he does look good in blue... or any color for that matter :P.

9 hours ago, SophieH said:

I had the same thought i wished it was more fitting but still he is so cool as commander in chief. Am proud of him he did well in ep6. 

I thought that Lee Gon preferred his clothing to be somewhat loose because he didn't like the feeling of being strangled. 

Jack is real, but his accounts were hacked and since deleted.

I think LMH looks amazing!!  He does look pretty thin right now.  (I know he always loses weight for a role to make his face look sculpted.)  He is too beautiful for a typical math nerd.  :lol:

b215acbf4222eb917de28531dccc572dc2a11d74

Fine indeed.  :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, syntyche said:

Let's marvel at the King's brilliance :wub:

syntyche, thanks for sharing MORE pictures. The drama is #5 on Netflix Japan. I have a feeling that next week the ranking will go up.  :lol: Crossing my fingers..... 

• Like 3

minoz, I spent more than 3 hours to read all the analysis in the drama thread and kudos to all for all the observations and notes you take.You know chingus who you are.

Excellent work!:thumbsup:

I know some chingus dont come in LMh s thread but still they do exceptional job and I want to give me my appreciation and I hope they drop by one day .

Can now only say how AWESOME he looks? A modern Greek God!!!

And that scene with the touching foreheads!

and the words he says  with those lips? Hmmm Minho what are you doing there boy?

Is any color that dont suit him?

I love black ,pink ,blue anything on him looks like high end fashion.

Nice job Minho!

• Like 11

So, what are your predictions

1.  Who lives, who dies?  Do both LG and JTE live? Both die? one die, one lives?

2.  Who is the masked person who saves little LG?

3.  Will shin Jae (the popsicle detective) turn to the dark side?

My answers:

1.  LG dies, JTE lives.  I will cry buckets if LG dies saving JTE.

2.  I don't think it's LG, but who would have JTE's ID card?  Why would they carry it around with them?  It makes sense that JTE would have her own ID card, but the masked person looks like a male.

3.  I think he'll be tempted, but just as he's about to do something, JTE will show up and he won't be able to carry out any evil deeds.

Other questions?

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

minoz, I spent more than 3 hours to read all the analysis in the drama thread and kudos to all for all the observations and notes you take.You know chingus who you are.

Excellent work!:thumbsup:

I know some chingus dont come in LMh s thread but still they do exceptional job and I want to give me my appreciation and I hope they drop by one day .

Can now only say how AWESOME he looks? A modern Greek God!!!

And that scene with the touching foreheads!

and the words he says  with those lips? Hmmm Minho what are you doing there boy?

Is any color that dont suit him?

I love black ,pink ,blue anything on him looks like high end fashion.

Nice job Minho!

Hi kiklaminHo, I love the final scene of the latest EP where KGE was yearning to see him  after a long time since they saw each other In Korea Empire, he gave her a hug filled with longing..... :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@syntyche @scrawford I wonder if it will complicate things if Lee Gon has a doppelgänger. But I must say, that will blow my mind out of my head. And I can’t complain seeing 2 LMH on my screen. I have one request though. Can we please have the Korean Lee Gon evil? How hot would it be to see them battle each other? :lol:

Excuse me, I can never let go of my fangirling instincts lol. 

O M G   This suddenly sounds amazing!!!  So much better than Lee Ji-hun saving Lee Gon.

Remember this:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

MYM IG update

Perfect modelling of outfits, the Monarch's gown, horseback riding clothes and even the Naval uniform! "The King" apparently shows the right standard of uniform with its fantastic fashion styles!

202005041331156710_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

O M G   This suddenly sounds amazing!!!  So much better than Lee Ji-hun saving Lee Gon.

Remember this:

Amazing, right? Two LMHs on the screen. :wub: I want to see how he will take on the challenge of playing two roles with different personalities.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, toramino said:

I saw koreans talking about lee gon's crown a lot after episode 6. Do anyone have any info? Did netizens found any flaw again? :vicx:

Hi toramino, ye, K- viewers noticed that there are "historical inaccuracy" of those scenes about the crown. They pointed out that the golden crown is from the ancient Silla Dynasty while the embroidered dragon crown is from Joseon.  :wub:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, syntyche said:

MYM IG update

Perfect modelling of outfits, the Monarch's gown, horseback riding clothes and even the Naval uniform! "The King" apparently shows the right standard of uniform with its fantastic fashion styles!

Amazing, right? Two LMHs on the screen. :wub: I want to see how he will take on the challenge of playing two roles with different personalities.

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Amazing indeed! (10) MORE EPs to go..... :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, toramino said:

I saw koreans talking about lee gon's crown a lot after episode 6. Do anyone have any info? Did netizens found any flaw again? :vicx:

I read several posts on Weibo that Lee Gon's crown is imitated Silla's gold crown.

b01256c8gy1gefxp1fzzcj227o1kwkjm.jpg

b01256c8gy1gefxp3vgcxj227o1kw7wi.jpg

b01256c8gy1gefyt9jzz5j20c50gndq1.jpg

cr. Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

According to ICE, the flute (萬波息笛) is a tale of Silla, Busan is also in the territory of Silla.

So Writer Kim did lots of works before she wrote the story.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

202005041331156710_1.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho's incomparable "uniform figure," which shows off his dignity as emperor with superior visuals is a hot topic.

The behind-the-scenes of Lee Min-ho wearing his uniform for the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" was unveiled, where he is playing the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire.

Following the appearance of the black emperor's uniform and equestrian uniform that dominated viewer's eyes from its first appearance in the drama, Lee Min-ho in a white naval uniform draws attention. His superior visuals, which properly captures the dignity of the emperor in any outfit, are drawing admiration.

In particular, the stills featuring Emperor Lee Gon, a former Navy captain in a Navy uniform,  is from the sixth episode of "The King," which aired on May 2, where he tries to directly respond to Japan, which invaded the territorial waters of the Korean Empire. Like the line in the drama, "the imperial family wears military uniforms at the most honorable moment," it is a scene with a special meaning symbolizing Lee Gon's stern responsibility.

Lee Min-ho showed off his perfect uniform fit with his tall, solid shoulders and clear facial features. In the photo of the hand salute, which shows a deep sense of mission and pride, Lee Min-ho's strong masculinity and charisma stand out, as he portrays Lee Gon, the commander-in-chief of the military and the emperor of the Korean Empire.

Lee Min-ho's image in navy uniform had sparked a heated response among netizens even before the broadcast. From horseback riding and emperor uniforms to Navy uniforms, his unique aura in uniform not only immerse him in the character, but is also a delight to see.

In response, the broadcast on the same day led to a favorable response from viewers, with the highest viewer rating rising to 11.9 percent at the moment based on Nielsen Korea, topping the entire channel's time zone.

Lee Min-ho's "The King," which airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. on SBS, shows his potential as the "Roco (romantic comedy) Emperor" with his appearance that perfectly fits the role of the emperor, a more upgraded maturity, and his sincerity and affectionate charm.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005041343325448617_1

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Remember this

Hi 1ouise, thanks for sharing this video. His voice is always a bonus to a drama. He got this what do you call "muffled" voice - sounds like it seems there's always a "cover over his mouth" - hahaha. :D

• Like 1

*** What I love watching in this BTS clip is the chemistry between LMH & Maximus. I remember he said that there are actually (2) horses in the drama. Meaning, one who runs & the other one who rests - LOL. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun & Woo Do Hwan Adorably Display Chemistry In BTS Video Of "The King : Eternal Monarch" 

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-behind-the-scene-lee-min-ho/

20200426_120109-660x400.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

So, what are your predictions

1.  Who lives, who dies?  Do both LG and JTE live? Both die? one die, one lives?

2.  Who is the masked person who saves little LG?

3.  Will shin Jae (the popsicle detective) turn to the dark side?

My answers:

1.  It has bg score similar to sailor moon where both earh prince and moon princess dies. Tragic story. I think lg will live because title is eternal monarch. Evil uncle looks he wont die so to control evil, good is required forever. Jte will die.

2.  I think its shin jae. His eyelashes looked similar to him lol

3.  He will but when the most crucial moment come, he will sacrifice himself for good thing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I read several posts on Weibo that Lee Gon's crown is imitated Silla's gold crown.

b01256c8gy1gefxp1fzzcj227o1kwkjm.jpg

b01256c8gy1gefxp3vgcxj227o1kw7wi.jpg

b01256c8gy1gefyt9jzz5j20c50gndq1.jpg

cr. Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

According to ICE, the flute (萬波息笛) is a tale of Silla, Busan is also in the territory of Silla.

So Writer Kim did lots of works before she wrote the story.

thanks for explaining. 

after all koreans forget that drama is a fictional as well as kingdom of korea and lee gon

it is just sad drama have to deal so much criticism. 

• Like 5