Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

18 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

M@willenetteaka our resident MS expert, what if one doesn’t achieve 60% proficiency in shooting or cannot complete the long hike, does one have to keep trying until it is completed or   Would that person not be eligible to graduate from basic training?

Hi CarolynH like LMH being a Public Service Personnel, there's really no bearing, just simply training for them. But, if you're an active-duty-soldier just like most of the celebrities we know, this would determine their specialty as a soldier & ranking later on, the latter is like a rough guess. It is more or less the training you might see in a movie – they go through marches with full gear during the day and at night, learn how to fight with bayonet, train how to use their hazmat masks and sit through tear gas, learn how to dig trenches and encamp, learn first aid, etc. Unlike then, I heard that these days the training seems to have become mellow...I don't know what that means but he said that due to the high number of celebrities joining in it seems that the Military service has become more showbiz... hahaha - But nonetheless, it's almost the same but a little less... :lol:

Every single day begins like this. In basic training you wake up at 06:00, do head count, pledge allegiance to the flag, run for 3km, eat breakfast, clean, and wash up, start your daily training from 09:00 to 12:00, eat lunch, start afternoon training at 13:30 to 17:00, at 18:00 salute to the flag again(literally everyone who's outside must face and salute as the flag is pulled down), eat dinner, 18:00 to 20:30 is free time(television, workout, sports, pc room, library, phone time, whatever you like.), 21:00 to 21:30 clean up time, roll call then sleep at 22:00. Then repeat every day. Except on weekends you get to chill and wake up at 07:00. :D

As far as I know is everyone among celebrities are eligible to graduate from basic training. The training graduation day is closed for media and fans.:tongue:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

Hi Willenette:

Thank you and everyone else for responding to my question and Syntyche thanks for mentioning his handsome looks.  That is what I forgot to add. His dramas, CFs, his concerts, his wonderful personality and last but not least his handsome looks. :) I am sure many liked his handsome face but looks alone is not enough for him to remain successful all these years, right?

Right @CallieP, his handsome looks, combined with all that, makes him successful all these years.

7 hours ago, willenette said:

Every single day begins like this. In basic training you wake up at 06:00, do head count, pledge allegiance to the flag, run for 3km, eat breakfast, clean, and wash up, start your daily training from 09:00 to 12:00, eat lunch, start afternoon training at 13:30 to 17:00, ...

Hi @willenette, thanks for the helpful information. So they run everyday for 3 km? Aigoo, I hope he's not having a hard time with his injured leg.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, syntyche said:

Right @CallieP, his handsome looks, combined with all that, makes him successful all these years.

Hi @willenette, thanks for the helpful information. So they run everyday for 3 km? Aigoo, I hope he's not having a hard time with his injured leg.

Hi syntyche, celebrities are now expected to serve under the same terms as every other Korean man. However, that being said, there is still a tendency to protect celebrities and higher ups influential people, as any issues would give very bad press.  So, we don't need to worry too much. Overall, things tend to be more relaxed for celebrities. Generally, the basic training involves a lot of marching, running, push-ups, jumping jacks, and being ordered around. :lol:

11 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

New picture released on 20180327 :

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing new pictures. So NICE to see LMH doing fine there. :(

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Hi leeminhosny, thanks for sharing the links.  I guess Kim Hee Sun was asked about the reaction of her husband kissing Lee Min Ho in the drama, "Faith". I remember when she appeared in one show before she said that she hated having to kiss him because she has a husband. Although many fan girls would faint from happiness upon kissing Lee Min Ho.  I also remember that Kim Hee-sun was full of praises for Lee Min-ho, saying that he is very gentlemanly to her- giving up his seat, worrying about hurting her during all the dragging scenes. Everyone was teasing Lee Min-ho for sleeping so much for the first few episodes of the drama. Is it really true that he fell asleep during the filming of the kiss/CPR scene? LOL - I guess he was really very tired......:lol:

• Like 4

Update this week!

찾았다 내 친구~♬
Date 2018. 03. 28 17: 01: 00 Hit 8

동기들 안녕?
따사로운 봄 햇살이 완연한 3월의 마지막 주야!

오늘은 동기들에게 고맙다는 인사를 하려고 해
동기들 제보 덕분에 내 친구 하얀수여미를 만나게 되었거든 OㅅO

프로미즈의 새 프로젝트 ‘우수하다’가 설마 우리 여미와 관련이 있을 줄이야!
어릴 적 꿈이었던 우유관련 프로젝트를 성사시킨데다
여전히 따뜻한 마음씨를 간직한 여미가 기특하고 자랑스러워~

게다가 그 첫 발걸음을 ‘프로미즈’와 함께하다니!
이처럼 멋진 인연이 또 있을까??

무려 목표의 900% 이상의 공감을 달성했던데
나도 하얀 수염 그리기에 동참해서 우수한 배지를 받았어!

2018032815310025361830.jpg

여미를 똑 닮아 완전 귀여운 배지들! 어때? 잘 어울려? :D
눈치 못 챈 나를 위해 소식을 전해준 우리 동기들 진짜 진짜 고맙고,
(다시 한번 몰라봐서 정말 미안하다 친구야… ㅠㅠ)

함께 나누고 실천하는 즐거움을 알게 해준 프로미즈!
우리 민호♥, 그리고 참여한 동기들, 우리 모두 ‘우수하다’

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi syntyche, celebrities are now expected to serve under the same terms as every other Korean man. However, that being said, there is still a tendency to protect celebrities and higher ups influential people, as any issues would give very bad press.  So, we don't need to worry too much. Overall, things tend to be more relaxed for celebrities. Generally, the basic training involves a lot of marching, running, push-ups, jumping jacks, and being ordered around. :lol:

Thanks, @willenette, that's good to know. And I guess it makes sense. Besides, he got a physical examination level that exempts him from active service in the first place.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, alovebof said:

Update last week

It can't get any better than this
Date 2018. 03. 21 17: 01: 00 Hit 103

I arrived home in this drizzling spring rain!

I watched the talk concert DVD yesterday with a warm cup of tea

Minho’s voice, gaze, body movements, as I watched and focused on each and every one of them

it brought back the memories of that day,

It’s really great that I could feel even the things I had missed at the event

My mouth hurts from always saying he’s good-looking, but even his MC’ing and singing are good- Minho is perfect!

My favorite artist is really awesome~ and talented~

Once again, I admired and looked at him with proud eyes

I almost cried at the look of Minho singing ‘Always’

and I eventually burst into tears as soon as I saw Always M/V in the Making ㅠㅠ

He sang it at the concert for the first time before the official release of the album

At that time I thought ‘this song is quite good!’ but these days the lyrics seem to be touching my heart more

The period of 10 years that we spent together,

It felt great listening to Minho’s honest stories and watching his performance

Minho must’ve felt emotional too during the event, his eyes were moist..

For the time being, I will try to soothe my longing for Minho with the talk concert DVD ㅜㅜ

And there is a photobook as a bonus for minoz!

It can’t get any better than this!

201803211521291200153680.png&key=2eec8a7

12 hours ago, alovebof said:

Update this week!

Spoiler

I found my friend~♬

Date 2018. 03. 28 17: 01: 00 Hit 8

How are you my friends?

With this warm spring sunlight, it’s the last week of March! 

Today, I’d like to express my gratitude towards you my friends

Thanks to your information, I was able to meet my friend Hayan Soo Yeomi OㅅO

I never thought promiz’ newest project ‘Milk Mustache-우수하다’ had something to do with my Yeomi!

Accomplishing a milk-related project was her childhood dream

I admire and am really proud of Yeomi who’s still as warm-hearted as ever

Moreover, she took her first step together with ‘Promiz’!

Do you think a wonderful relationship like this will ever happen again??

They’ve achieved more than 900% of their goal

I participated too and drew a white mustache, and received Milk Mustache badge!

2018032815310025361830.jpg&key=66a7de6e7

The badges are totally cute just like Yeomi! how do they look? do they suit me?

I’d like to really really thank you my friends for delivering this news to me, I was too slow to take a hint

(Once again, I’m really sorry that I couldn’t recognize you my friend… ㅠㅠ)

Promiz shows us the pleasure in the practice of sharing together!

Our Minho♥, and you my friends who participated in this, we all are ‘excellent-우수하다’

(우수하다 as it is means ‘excellent’ but for promiz it’s short for 우유수염하다 which is ‘milk mustache’ … choco loves to play with words a lot!)

================

btw, I just realized I messed up a little with her name. I saw promiz old facebook update again when they first introduced the Milk Mustache project and this character has the same name as Choco's lost friend

choco's friend actually has an English name which is Yummy Ha lol and all this time I translated her name as Hayan Soo Yeomi <_< Yeomi=Yummy which is obviously not a person's name.. well I shouldn't be surprised cuz most of choco's stories don't make sense anyway

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone for all the comments and updates!

On 3/26/2018 at 12:31 AM, willenette said:

I'm sure that the very reason why he's still this popular even when he's not in the limelight due to MS is because of what he is as a person. His fans, the people love him this much because of what he shows towards his fans. There are many celebrities out there that have become addicted to the fame (among other things), but, LMH seems to be such a sincere person. This man is very warm, very kind & stays so grounded despite of his stature as an actor. He is completely appreciative of his fans, not only saying thank you but saying it with such sincerity that you know he means every word. He handles his fame with grace & humility. :tongue: This is the reason also why I adore this man, I love LMH!

On 3/26/2018 at 9:22 PM, CallieP said:

Thank you and everyone else for responding to my question and Syntyche thanks for mentioning his handsome looks.  That is what I forgot to add. His dramas, CFs, his concerts, his wonderful personality and last but not least his handsome looks. :) I am sure many liked his handsome face but looks alone is not enough for him to remain successful all these years, right?

Yes!  I'll add another thing:  I like the way he is paying it forward by establishing PROMIZ.  Not only does he make generous donations, but he encourages others to donate also.  I have read about other celebrities' good works, but I'm not aware of organizations that they have formed.  (Do any of you know?)  And like @willenette said, he does it sincerely.  LMH is awesome!

LMH in City Hunter episode 1:

tumblr_p69wpvUOS01w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_p69wpvUOS01w2zf0ho3_540.png

His Korean sounds pretty funny in the beginning.

Spoiler

On 3/23/2018 at 12:14 PM, CallieP said:

I really liked LMH’s portrayal of the teenage Yoon Sung or Poo Chai as he was called in Thailand. He did cheeky, mischievous so well. I liked it when he talked with his mouth full with food spitting out and the way he was enjoying fully the Korean food was just so spot on.  Then his grief at the death of his wet nurse. His sobbing like a little boy when his father was badly hurt.   I liked his unruly, wild messy look. His hair almost covering his handsome face.

Yes!

On 3/25/2018 at 2:46 AM, syntyche said:

About his hair, honestly, he could wear it whatever way, and he'd still look great. Haha, me and my bias.

And finally, his acting. I've always been impressed with how he complements his lines with his facial expressions and body language. He can easily convince me with his character, whether he's playing a 17-year old cheeky kid or a 24-year old serious man out for revenge.

Yes!

On 3/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, Kris Silva said:

1st episode was really good and caught my attention with the back story. But it got me really glued to my pc the moment i saw LMH on screen. He was gorgeous in this drama.. fit and ripped. And his acting was exceptional especially when interacting with his Aboji, not to mention his amazing action scenes.  The last scene of episode 1 is very memorable— his almost encounter with Kim Nana,  those pink pants! Haha and that iconic venue with the statues of Admiral Yi Sun Sin and King Sejong. This is the scene I remembered when I visited Seoul and made sure I took pictures of those statues.  But yeah, LMH looking hot, in pink pants.. only our boy can pull it off . 

Yes!

Watching City Hunter the first time, the show really started for me when LMH appeared on the screen.  (Now I appreciate better getting all the back story).  I don't understand Lee Jin-pyo's thinking here, though:

tumblr_p69wpvUOS01w2zf0ho1_540.png

But, of course, then we wouldn't have the City Hunter story.

tumblr_p69wpvUOS01w2zf0ho4_540.png

I loved the youthful exuberance of Poo Chai.  I loved LMH's fit body and action scenes.  With each new hairstyle, I always grow to love it and the character it belongs to.  I love LMH's facial expressions.  I love the progress LMH makes with each drama he makes.  I feel like I am watching him grow.  I'll look forward with you to watching his interactions with Kim Na-na.  :)

tumblr_p69wpvUOS01w2zf0ho10_540.png

(Does anyone know what LMH's 본관 /  / clan is?  I thought I remembered him answering this question in an interview a long time ago, but I can't remember.  Do you know @gtLmh0622?)

• Like 7

10 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Yes!  I'll add another thing:  I like the way he is paying it forward by establishing PROMIZ.  Not only does he make generous donations, but he encourages others to donate also.  I have read about other celebrities' good works, but I'm not aware of

organizations that they have formed.  (Do any of you know?)  And like @willenette said, he does it sincerely.  LMH is awesome!

Right @1ouise! His donation platform PROMIZ! His generosity creates ripple effects on Minoz all over the world. :)

Watching City Hunter the first time, the show really started for me when LMH appeared on the screen.  (Now I appreciate better getting all the back story).  I don't understand Lee Jin-pyo's thinking here, though:

But, of course, then we wouldn't have the City Hunter story.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.:D

• Like 5

(Does anyone know what LMH's 본관 /  / clan is?  I thought I remembered him answering this question in an interview a long time ago, but I can't remember.  Do you know @gtLmh0622?)

Sorry, I don't know what is 本貫 and the exact means of clan, so I translated  본관 to Chinese and found that is 籍貫.
In the early years, 籍貫 means the place your ancestors came from. For example, although I was born in Taipei, but my 籍貫 was Zhejiang Province in China. But now my ID card just show that Taipei is the place where I was born. 籍貫 is not important any more.
It seems SK is the same, the place you born is your 본관 / 籍貫 / clan. LMH was born in Seoul in Wikipedia, and LMH's profile on the following website shows that : 籍贯:首尔 (Seoul) . I didn't remember I had seen that he mentioned about where his ancestors came from.

http://star.yule.com.cn/4231/

City Hunter was 2nd LMH's drama I watched (after Heirs), and actually, I love manly and sporty man, so Lee Yoon Sung made me became LMH's fan, not Kim Tan.  :tongue:   I really admire LMH's action scenes in City Hunter. Of course his emotion parts (especially with Jin-Pyo) are unforgettable also.   :heart:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@1ouise:  the MC at the SBC awards asked LMH about his clan.  I thought it was an odd and randoM question. I kept the YouTube video and can post it Friday if no one does  (too much of a struggle to post using my tablet).  bUT you  mentioned that it was an old interview so it may not be the one you have in mind.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PROMIZ FB Update

우수했던 피엠져들,
우수했던 펀딩이
종료되었습니다!

우리의 마음을 모아
사랑스러운 아이들의 미소에
우유수염을 그려주겠습니다.

펀딩 후에도 프로미즈 홈페이지를 통해 지속적으로
참여하실 수 있도록 준비 중입니다.

감사합니다.

To PMZER

White mustache campaign funding
now has completed.

Your kindness and concern
have helped us to give
Milk Mustache to our loving children.

Milk Mustache campaign
will be on-going in PROMIZ homepage soon.

thank you.

#PROMIZ #PMZ #PMZER #프로미즈 #피엠지 #피엠져
#우수하다 #펀딩 #종로
#우수하다_캠페인은_계속됩니다

29570775_1937873676287003_8090074171272629572881_1937873692953668_13189417117552

https://www.facebook.com/pmz2014/photos/pcb.1937880236286347/1937873676287003/?type=3&theater

Gift pins from Milk Moustache Project

T5lubbR.jpg

ll1ACuz.jpg

Spoiler

8Gs4bcc.jpg

m2O499q.jpg

ct: MinoJennyLin83

• Like 6

On 3/25/2018 at 6:37 PM, CallieP said:

Question: Why do you think he keeps on being popular even when he is not in the limelight for 10 months? His dramas, his CFs, his past concerts or is it because of who he is, sincere, humble and caring?

Yes, yes and Yes !   Every character he portrayed and each drama he worked on have made a big impact which attracted new set of fans each time. His charity work with Promiz always makes the news. And he seems such a genuine and sincere person who truly cares for his fans. Check out this video from Ice. You could see that he's very grateful for all the love he has received from all Minoz that he wants to personally thank each and everyone who attends his fan meetings. I think he did the same in one of his concerts in Japan, when he went up the upper levels to be close to the fans. Such a sweet guy !    

Spoiler

CITY HUNTER EPISODE 2:  

Like in BOF, I won't attempt to do a recap and just post Dramabeans recap. I think DB does best when it comes to recap.  

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/05/city-hunter-episode-2/

Love this episode... funny, fast paced, lots of relevant scenes, not a boring moment, and most importantly, lots of HOT LMH scenes!  haha.   The mud scene shows off our boy's hot action moves, and of course, his hot muscles !  (Checkout the BTS below). Then there's the shower scene, not just for fan service but to show his scars as a result of his hardships growing up. And when he showed up as the Dr. from MIT in that black suit and tie ... dayum -- so hot !   

I love the new characters who were introduced in the episode; the fellow bodyguard, the President's daughter and Lee Kwang Soo bring humor to the drama. The Prosecutor character is also interesting as he can be LYS's ally in fighting crime but can also be his enemy in fighting for Kim Nana's attention & affection. I already love the interaction between Kim Nana and LYS. There's so much chemistry between the two, you can't help but feel excited about the OTP, and it is just their first episode together.  

It's funny how watching this reminded me of The Heirs -- the bodyguard Chief was in Heirs as appa's detective, and LYS jumping over the fence reminded me of Kim Tan doing the same thing.

I fell in love with LMH's charm and humor here. His acting was really good in the funny scenes, like when he scoffed at the President's daughter when she was winking at him. And also in the judo training, when he was teasing Kim Nana about him being her first kiss. Too cute !

My only complaint about this episode was the ending which was a bit abrupt with no cliff hanger. It did make me continue watching, and check out the first part of episode 3 to see what happens next.       All in all, a solid episode.   

• Like 7

The BTS below shows fighting scenes .  His utter dedication in doing the mud scene is simply amazing. Very impressed with his fighting prowess and dedication in making it look authentic. He looks like a hungry tiger. Rawrrr...

https://youtu.be/ci9kQ7GhL74

BTW, I think it is the same video that Kris Silva attached above

Spoiler

LMH training and fighting in the mud. That scene was awesome and so much male testosterone. One of the scenes that impressed me about LMH. So much energy for that few seconds clip.  He was shivering in the mud but he looks so masculine and virile in that scene. He really got rid of his GJP image to a Jason Bourne persona. Then his total makeover as the adult, suave, James Bond, playboy Yoon Sung.  Totally different persona again.

As Kris says, he is ripped in this drama, and also in Heirs, his body was perfect esp. in the wet suit. Just the right amount of muscles, not too much to match his body, like one of the hosts in his concert said he has the body of a swimmer and he laughs and says that he is not a good swimmer. LOL.

Like Kris said, I also liked the scene where he was so amused when he found out that it was Kim Na Na's first kiss and when he snorted at Da Hye's advances to him. We are introduced to the new characters as the rest of the drama enfolds. He was cute too when he realized that Kim Na Na was a body guard and said, aren't you 10,000 won, Ha Ha! So we see that the President of Korea is one of the men that Jin Pyo wants to avenge but LYS is not aware and is very respectful to him as president. He is kept in the dark. The plot thickens.

• Like 7

LMH in City Hunter episode 2:

tumblr_p6dsx8a8lL1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

I already love the interaction between Kim Nana and LYS. There's so much chemistry between the two, you can't help but feel excited about the OTP, and it is just their first episode together.  

I love the story and the action and the intensity and the humor, but I really love the relationship between Lee Yoon-sung and Kim Na-na.  :D

My favorite parts of this episode are their interactions.  We are kind of blinded by our adoration of LMH, but LYS is actually acting like the jerk (and womanizer) that Nana calls him.  I smile and laugh and am charmed by his funny comments, but he is pretty blunt.

tumblr_p6dsx8a8lL1w2zf0ho2_540.png

tumblr_p6dsx8a8lL1w2zf0ho3_540.png

tumblr_p6dsx8a8lL1w2zf0ho4_540.png

• Like 8