Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Actor Lee Min-ho to start army basic training

Actor Lee Min-ho on Thursday will start his four-week basic training at Korea Army Training Center in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province.

The actor‘s agency MYM Entertainment on Sunday confirmed Lee will be joining basic training. The agency added that there will be no official meeting ahead of his entering the center. 

20180311000187_0.jpg

After the four-week training, Lee will return to his public service worker duty at the Suseo Social Welfare Center, where he has been serving for 10 months.

Lee previously received level 6 in the physical examination, largely due to the injuries he sustained in two car accidents, in 2006 and 2011. He was then ordered to serve at the social welfare center in southern Seoul as his mandatory military duty.

By Shim Woo-hyun (ws@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 5

15 Most Popular K-Dramas Among International Fans

What was the first drama you got hooked on?

K-drama is loved and watched all over the world. We’ve all binge watched a K-drama or two, or three… or four. One does not simply watch one episode of a series, you binge watch them all.

4. Boys Over Flowers (2009)

Starring Lee Min Ho, Ku Hye Sun, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Bum, and Kim So Eun, Boys Over Flowers is based on the Japanese shojo manga series, Hana Yori Dango. The series is about an average girl who gets tangled up in the lives of an arrogant rich boy and his friends.

qvYsoZeUxLtfJlpxOBgl8GguGDFW0MM133ldY5eu

Boys Over Flowers is credited with launching the career of Lee Min Ho, who had previously appeared in a small number of low-budget

high school dramas.

7. Heirs (2013)

Heirs depicts the friendships, rivalries, and love lives of young, rich heirs led by Kim Tan (played by Lee Min Ho) and a girl named Cha Eun Sang (played by Park Shin Hye). Unlike the others, Eun Sang is considered ordinary and comes from a poor background. Things become complicated when Kim Tan becomes interested in her.

uSQcIr3FbNPv4ojEgBOeeMSKw6rGOUim5dYT78zP

Lee Min Ho is back with an all-star crew including Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul, Krystal, and Park Hyung Sik! 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 6

20 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. LMH will be able to see his family again after (4) weeks of basic training.  

11 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

cr: Minoz Arab

Hi @willenette, thank you for sharing this information. News about his basic training say that he received level 6 in the physical examination. But level 5-7 means exemption from service, while level 4 means public service, and level 1-3 means active duty service. So it appears that Minho could have been exempted, but still chose to do public service, as pointed out by some Minoz in the photos shared by @leeminhosny . So proud of him of his decision! :blush:

But I do hope that he wouldn't have a difficult time with his training, given his previous injuries. :(

aM4MZ57.gif

Aigoo, that right leg...:(

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Hi @willenette, thank you for sharing this information. News about his basic training say that he received level 6 in the physical examination. But level 5-7 means exemption from service, while level 4 means public service, and level 1-3 means active duty service. So it appears that Minho could have been exempted, but still chose to do public service, as pointed out by some Minoz in the photos shared by @leeminhosny . So proud of him of his decision! :blush:

But I do hope that he wouldn't have a difficult time with his training, given his previous injuries. :(

yes  I read Kim Woo Bin received level 6 too

• Like 1

Has anyone else received "The Originality of Lee Min Ho" with the discs labeled backwards?  I received a set like this.  There is also a skip in the program on one of the discs.  What can be done? I am in the U.S.s-l1600-3_f6ab2521-db92-402f-9571-f9884e

Edited by janha8_12c4
  • Like 1

@janha8_12c4:  Welcome!  Maybe the site that you purchased the DVDs from has a "contact us" option that you can use.  

@syntyche:  I also wonder if LMH will have difficulties with basic training.  I hope that he's been working out in preparation for basic training.  

cr:  as tagged.

Yahoo, ICE is subbing The Originality of LMH.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, janha8_12c4 said:

Has anyone else received "The Originality of Lee Min Ho" with the discs labeled backwards?  I received a set like this.  There is also a skip in the program on one of the discs.  What can be done? I am in the U.S.

I received mine, but I have not had time to watch it.
China Official Minoz Fanclub stated that they would mail out one set of correct labeled discs to every one who bought "The Originality of Lee Min Ho". I think you may contact MYM directly.

20180314 on duty :

005PM08Wgy1fpc1f40shxj30qo1bf7cf.jpg

005PM08Wgy1fpc1f5ipbkj30qo1bf460.jpg

005PM08Wgy1fpc1ez60s6j30qo1bf10g.jpg

Spoiler

005PM08Wgy1fpc1f6ym17j30qo1bfqcb.jpg

45b8d7b7gy1fpc1qh4hbaj20u01hcdpp.jpg

45b8d7b7gy1fpc1qivyijj20u01hcais.jpg

45b8d7b7gy1fpc1qo2hgwj20u01hcqa4.jpg

45b8d7b7gy1fpc1qpjdxtj20u01hcqa5.jpg

45b8d7b7gy1fpc1qsf6aoj20u01hcn4d.jpg

cr Logo

• Like 5

Did LMH really get a level 6? I remember reading that he had to do MS and was not exempt but assigned to non-military duty because of his car accident

Spoiler

Yeah, Jin Ho is being the noble fool, taking all the blame onto himself and thinking he is not good for Gae In. Not realizing that he is hurting her terribly as well. Silly boy. It is a really hard episode to take. They were both so devastated with the revelations of Gae In's mom's death and the mistake of Sang Jun, causing a wedge in their relationship. He broke up with her but still could not forget her.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, syntyche said:

Aigoo, that right leg...:(

Hi syntychein Korea, men are obliged to go under a physical examination once they turn 20 by the Military Manpower Administration, which determines their physical fitness level, or grade, for military service. In physical examination, the check-up involves tests of psychological and physical health, while the administrative process assigns new entrants to different posts, based on their backgrounds and preferences. This is done before enlistment. After a few hours, the men are divided into five different categories, in order of fitness: active duty, reserve duty, secondary reserves, eligible conscription status and secondary conscription status.  Enlisting military men who are dubbed Level 1 thru 3 will usually go through active enlistment, while Level 4 will serve as public personnel, but still go through the same basic military training and commuting from home. Those who have severe vision problems - farsightedness or astigmatism - will be categorized in the fourth class. Those who have breathing difficulties, like obstructive sleep apnea, will also to be placed in the fourth class, where they are assigned to work in social or civil service facilities for 24 months. Reviews can be conducted up to 3 times. Receiving 5th rank -7th in physical examinations for military enlistment usually means the individual is not valid for active military duty due to physical illnesses or conditions but are required to be on call for wartime labor service mobilization. Usually when receiving reviews, a set amount of time period is given for medical treatment. 6 months, or sometimes 4 months, is decided as the treatment period. The progress is checked and the decision is made…With the results from the last review, enlistment or exemption will be decided. - I'm also proud of LMH that he decided to have his MS despite of his PE result. Like you, I also hope that he wouldn't have a difficult time during training, which will start tomorrow, March 15! D-DAY! I hope he'll take it easy. :lol:

On 3/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

I received mine, but I have not had time to watch it.
China Official Minoz Fanclub stated that they would mail out one set of correct labeled discs to every one who bought "The Originality of Lee Min Ho". I think you may contact MYM directly.

20180314 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. Ohhh....this might be the last photos so far that we could get to see prior his 4-week basic training to start tomorrow, March 15. :(

On 3/14/2018 at 10:03 AM, CarolynH said:

@janha8_12c4:  Welcome!  Maybe the site that you purchased the DVDs from has a "contact us" option that you can use.  

@syntyche:  I also wonder if LMH will have difficulties with basic training.  I hope that he's been working out in preparation for basic training. 

Yahoo, ICE is subbing The Originality of LMH.  

Hi CarolynH, I don't think that he gets to work-out as often as he wants to because we know that he's reporting for work Mon-Friday. I guess he could only do this during weekends. This isn't enough.....:(

On 3/13/2018 at 10:49 PM, leeminhosny said:

yes  I read Kim Woo Bin received level 6 too

Hi leeminhosny, ye, Kim Woo Bin is deemed unfit to perform the mandatory military conscription due to receiving Grade 6 level disqualification.

• Like 3

Broker reportedly taking money from Lee Min Ho fans in return for seeing him at military base

lee-min-ho.jpg

A broker is reportedly taking money from Lee Min Ho's fans.

Media outlet OSEN reported a company has been promising fans they would be allowed to walk next to Lee Min Ho when he enlists into his basic military training center on March 15. They are taking 500,000 KRW for 1 person (approximately 470 USD), 600,000 KRW for 2-3 people (approximately 560 USD), and 700,000 KRW for 4 people (approximatley 660 USD).

SEE ALSO: Lee Min Ho to receive basic military training starting this week

The company even promised to let one of the fans in with Lee Min Ho's parents. When the fan expressed their concerns, the broker responded, "Don't worry."  

It's been revealed that the company had actually done so with other celebrities as well by handling fans in Korea and China. Lee Min Ho's label has stated, "Even if it does not directly hurt the label, this is business being done with Lee Min Ho's name. We will be taking some sort of action, whether it is through an announcement or something else."

Source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/03/broker-reportedly-taking-money-from-lee-min-ho-fans-in-return-for-seeing-him-at-military-base

MYM's Notice :

29178408_1639292096163947_39383007778098

cr Woodalchis Minoz

Hello Everyone, this is MYM Entertainment. About actor Lee Min Ho who will soon enter basic military training venue, we would like to announce the following notice to fans. The Training center is a place where no other person besides the trainee can enter/exit.

There won’t be any public appearance during enter/exit day either. At present, there are some fraud companies who sell ‘Travel Package’ online, claiming to be insiders. Our company will take measures regarding this matter, we hope that fans pay attention to avoid fraud.

English Translation: Monika Setiono/crae_minoz

• Like 5

21 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Broker reportedly taking money from Lee Min Ho fans in return for seeing him at military base

A broker is reportedly taking money from Lee Min Ho's fans.

Media outlet OSEN reported a company has been promising fans they would be allowed to walk next to Lee Min Ho when he enlists into his basic military training center on March 15. They are taking 500,000 KRW for 1 person (approximately 470 USD), 600,000 KRW for 2-3 people (approximately 560 USD), and 700,000 KRW for 4 people (approximatley 660 USD).

SEE ALSO: Lee Min Ho to receive basic military training starting this week

The company even promised to let one of the fans in with Lee Min Ho's parents. When the fan expressed their concerns, the broker responded, "Don't worry."  

It's been revealed that the company had actually done so with other celebrities as well by handling fans in Korea and China. Lee Min Ho's label has stated, "Even if it does not directly hurt the label, this is business being done with Lee Min Ho's name. We will be taking some sort of action, whether it is through an announcement or something else."

Source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/03/broker-reportedly-taking-money-from-lee-min-ho-fans-in-return-for-seeing-him-at-military-base

MYM's Notice :

cr Woodalchis Minoz

Hello Everyone, this is MYM Entertainment. About actor Lee Min Ho who will soon enter basic military training venue, we would like to announce the following notice to fans. The Training center is a place where no other person besides the trainee can enter/exit.

There won’t be any public appearance during enter/exit day either. At present, there are some fraud companies who sell ‘Travel Package’ online, claiming to be insiders. Our company will take measures regarding this matter, we hope that fans pay attention to avoid fraud.

English Translation: Monika Setiono/crae_minoz

gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. This person should be strictly punished.  Fans don't deserve this. I don't blame them, though. :(

• Like 2

Off to work this White Day 031418

Then had his hair cut (or shaved?) at the salon...I'm curious how it looks without the cap.

DYQKftJU0AAu1oV.jpg

DYQKhMZUMAEwPPV.jpg

Spoiler

cto

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Receiving 5th rank -7th in physical examinations for military enlistment usually means the individual is not valid for active military duty due to physical illnesses or conditions but are required to be on call for wartime labor service mobilization.

Thanks again, @willenette, for the information. :)

• Like 6

12 hours ago, syntyche said:
Off to work this White Day 031418

Then had his hair cut (or shaved?) at the salon...I'm curious how it looks without the cap.

cto

Thanks again, @willenette, for the information. :)

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this clip from yesterday. He already shaved/cut his hair in preparation for TODAY's (4) week basic training. This will be the 1st time that I could get to see him with this very short & shaved hair in case. That's why, I'm also curious how it would look with him without this cap . I'm sure he could pull it through.....TODAY is the D-DAY!  I wonder if we could get some pictures of his entry to the camp. :lol:

10 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=001&aid=0009957578

Acc to the survey about Korean Wave 2017 (7,800people from 16 countries).

The K-star you want to meet most :

1. Psy 9.2%

2. Lee Min Ho 6.5%

Translation by HO‏@lmhysoht

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this survey. Not surprised that his name is on top list. :lol:

11 hours ago, mxxella said:

Hi mxxella, thanks for sharing the link.  "White Day" in Korea is celebrated annually on March 14th. This is a day opposite to Valentine’s Day. That's when it's payback time. Men who received chocolates from their love partners on Valentines Day usually pay them back on White Day with candy instead of chocolates. . Japan, Taiwan and China also celebrate this… I read that “White Day” was started by the Japanese confectionery industry association. Every year, it seems, there are people in the media who bash it as one of the most overly commercialized commemorative days in Korea. “White Day” may have been predestined to be commercialized to some extent. :lol:

• Like 3